May 03, 2024, 02:39:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 9793 9794 9795 9796 9797 9798 9799 9800 9801 9802 9803 9804 9805 9806 9807 9808 9809 9810 9811 9812 9813 9814 9815 9816 9817 9818 9819 9820 9821 9822 9823 9824 9825 9826 9827 9828 9829 9830 9831 9832 9833 9834 9835 9836 9837 9838 9839 9840 9841 9842 [9843] 9844 9845 9846 9847 9848 9849 9850 9851 9852 9853 9854 9855 9856 9857 9858 9859 9860 9861 9862 9863 9864 9865 9866 9867 9868 9869 9870 9871 9872 9873 9874 9875 9876 9877 9878 9879 9880 9881 9882 9883 9884 9885 9886 9887 9888 9889 9890 9891 9892 9893 ... 33317 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371178 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
fonsie

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:18:58 AM

This thread is getting annoying Grin An idiot that loves pink unicorns and chinese propaganda pictures + a kid that's fully invested in silver, but keeps crying about some idiot trader that dumps some btc, you would think, it would make him happy instead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:36:01 AM

More supply again (MtGox 200K BTC + 2nd SR auction):

Down
It always amazes me that there are panic dumps whenever an article mentions a chunk of coins being manhandled in some way.  Oh no, 50,000BTC are going to be privately auctioned in a month, I better dump!  Hell, with the Mt. Gox coins we don't even know if they'll be sold off or returned, and when.  It certainly isn't going to be tomorrow or the next day.  

It's almost as if people forget that there are millions of BTC out there where even a marginal percentage could just show up on an exchange at any given time.
Market is more wise than any individual, it is the perfect voting system.

Whether you wanna admit it or not is your problem.

The fact is that we have confirmed increase in supply:

50k this month + 94k from SR auction.
200k from MtGox  
8k from Australian police

Show me evidence for increased demand (the reason I said 'Down' is because I still see buying pressure only from the usual suspects: speculators and funds, masses are not interested at all).

Yes, but you did make one assumption. That those Bitcoins will be dumped on the market very fast. I'm sceptical about that.

1. Auctions have usually been won by long term investors. Why buy at a premium (and they do buy at a premium most of the time) only to dump immediately? That's burning money...
2. Imagine you were a MtGox customer and got 20% of your BTC back. Would you sell most of them immediately? Some people will, but i guess more of them will hold for a higher price to recoup their loss...
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4466

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:39:55 AM

This thread is getting annoying Grin An idiot that loves pink unicorns and chinese propaganda pictures + a kid that's fully invested in silver, but keeps crying about some idiot trader that dumps some btc, you would think, it would make him happy instead.

You forgot the all the page 10000 fetishists.  Cheesy
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:42:24 AM

Down
It always amazes me that there are panic dumps whenever an article mentions a chunk of coins being manhandled in some way.  Oh no, 50,000BTC are going to be privately auctioned in a month, I better dump!  Hell, with the Mt. Gox coins we don't even know if they'll be sold off or returned, and when.  It certainly isn't going to be tomorrow or the next day.  

It's almost as if people forget that there are millions of BTC out there where even a marginal percentage could just show up on an exchange at any given time.

200k from MtGox  

Show me evidence for increased demand (the reason I said 'Down' is because I still see buying pressure only from the usual suspects: speculators and funds, masses are not interested at all).

Yes, but you did make one assumption. That those Bitcoins will be dumped on the market very fast. I'm sceptical about that.

1. Auctions have usually been won by long term investors. Why buy at a premium (and they do buy at a premium most of the time) only to dump immediately? That's burning money...
2. Imagine you were a MtGox customer and got 20% of your BTC back. Would you sell most of them immediately? Some people will, but i guess more of them will hold for a higher price to recoup their loss...
These coins were out of circulation so basically they were not offering in supply at all.

Now they are back, we can only speculate on the amount that will be sold but markets usually tend to speculate close to the worst case scenario (if not more).

EDIT: What I am trying to say is that markets are psychological amplifiers - overreacting to news regarding supply & demand.
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:48:06 AM

Down

200k from MtGox  

These coins were out of circulation so basically they were not offering in supply at all.

Now they are back, we can only speculate on the amount that will be sold but markets usually tend to speculate close to the worst case scenario (if not more).

True.

I would find it more likely that fear of the dump will cause a bigger dip than the dump itself... And it's probably already happening.
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:52:22 AM

Auctions have usually been won by long term investors. Why buy at a premium (and they do buy at a premium most of the time) only to dump immediately? That's burning money...

How do you know they buy at a premium? Have there been any major auctions where the price was made public?
MrPiggles

Activity: 980
Merit: 256

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:58:01 AM

Auctions have usually been won by long term investors. Why buy at a premium (and they do buy at a premium most of the time) only to dump immediately? That's burning money...

How do you know they buy at a premium? Have there been any major auctions where the price was made public?

Nope, and never quite figured out why people think this.

The losing bids that were made public after the first USMS were up to 10% below the market price. No reason to think the winning bid wasn't 9% or 5% under, or even just market price.
lay785

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:58:12 AM

bulls are praying that tim draper buys them all again.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:01:16 AM

Explanation
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:04:19 AM

He bought less than two weeks worth. That's hardly all.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:07:11 AM

Nope, and never quite figured out why people think this.

The losing bids that were made public after the first USMS were up to 10% below the market price. No reason to think the winning bid wasn't 9% or 5% under, or even just market price.
Because private auctions don't work like that.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:38:27 AM

"Kraken selected to aid MtGOX Investigation and Liquidation"
http://blog.kraken.com/post/103599171158/mt-gox-bankruptcy

Smells like a big pile of steaming bullshit to me

No bullshit, the CEO of Kraken is the CEO of Payward, which was selected to assist Kobayashi, quoting:

Upon obtaining approval from the Tokyo District Court, as of November 26, 2014,
I decided on Payward Japan K.K., which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Payward.
Inc. (“Payward”), as the supporting company and entered into the “Agreement
Concerning Support, etc. of Bankruptcy Proceedings”, because the Payward group
was considered to be the most suitable among the candidates.
In addition, as stated above, the agreement stipulates that the Payward group will
support the bankruptcy proceedings of the bankrupt entity. Payward will not
assume the business of the bankrupt entity.

Payward (CEO and Co-founder: Jesse Powell) is a corporation established on July
28, 2011 in the state of Delaware. It has outlets in the United States, Canada, the
United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Singapore and Japan, and operates the bitcoin
exchange, Kraken, with users from around the world as its clients.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:01:07 AM

Explanation
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:18:19 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 11:35:56 AM by macsga

"Kraken selected to aid MtGOX Investigation and Liquidation"
http://blog.kraken.com/post/103599171158/mt-gox-bankruptcy

Smells like a big pile of steaming bullshit to me

No bullshit, the CEO of Kraken is the CEO of Payward, which was selected to assist Kobayashi, quoting:

Upon obtaining approval from the Tokyo District Court, as of November 26, 2014,
I decided on Payward Japan K.K., which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Payward.
Inc. (“Payward”), as the supporting company and entered into the “Agreement
Concerning Support, etc. of Bankruptcy Proceedings”, because the Payward group
was considered to be the most suitable among the candidates.
In addition, as stated above, the agreement stipulates that the Payward group will
support the bankruptcy proceedings of the bankrupt entity. Payward will not
assume the business of the bankrupt entity.

Payward (CEO and Co-founder: Jesse Powell) is a corporation established on July
28, 2011 in the state of Delaware. It has outlets in the United States, Canada, the
United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Singapore and Japan, and operates the bitcoin
exchange, Kraken, with users from around the world as its clients.

IMHO, we can't HEALTHY move upwards if the MtGox issue is not properly (or improperly) resolved. There are many reasons to justify what I'm stating but it's not our subject right now. The good thing is that Kraken will be the middle company. I trust these guys more than any other BTC Exchange out there. In any case this won't be something that we should keep our breath on, since it's been routed for later (mid-April) from what it's stated on the announcement.

https://www.mtgox.com/img/pdf/20141126_announcement.pdf
https://www.mtgox.com/img/pdf/20141126_document.pdf

After that CCMF it is...
soullyG

Activity: 1011
Merit: 721

Decentralize everything

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:57:17 AM

Houbi and OKCoin pumping
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:01:03 PM

Explanation
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:09:25 PM

they never hacked into his computers, and whether or not they can follow them on the blockchain is irrelevant.

Perhaps I am mis-remembering about the hacking.  But, from day 0, the police can buy stuff on the site, pay in bitcoins, and follow them on the blockchain.  That tracing could reveal if there were other wallets beyond those that that they seized (~30'000 on the server and ~150'000 on his laptop). 
jonoiv

Activity: 966
Merit: 526

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:14:20 PM

Great to see the thread default attitude towards women remains the same*

*let's not have another debate about whether women exist on the internet, we're here...deal with it.

Please explain how it's sexist.  Because after growing up with a feminist mother and sister, I still don't get it.  It may be in questionable taste to some people, but really is it sexist.  Is it really true, that by posting the photo, and making a comment about her body really sexist?  Does it show a disrespect towards women...?   Personally I don't think it does.

Would it be homophobic, to post a photo of an attractive gay guy?  

Wether it fits your idea of sexist is almost beside the point. It creates an atmosphere that is less than inviting to women and where they feel  left out. If %70 of the posts where pics of bulges and gifs of flapping penises I know I would feel quite left out.

PS. This is my opinion on the matter. Howeve, I´m not very good at being a feminist so you might catch me saying something stupid in other posts.

do you think it's fair to repress male behavior?  Do you think young people running in the streets is unfair to old people with walking sticks? Do you think a homogenised society is the path to Utopia?

If so, go back to your logans run society, and please don't use the keyboard anymore... because it's hardly inviting to those without fingers.   You fucking finger Nazi !!!  

You can probably be as manly as you dream of without being a donkeyhole. By cultivating work related spaces where women feel unwelcome we contribute to shaping societies where up to 50% of the greatest talents never find their rightful place as professionals simply because they are women. They are regularly being bypassed for positions by far less competent men because the guy is one of the boss's drinking buddies after work. Beyond it being unfair, it is detrimental to GDP growth and efficiency in the economy in general.

Are you serious? I have heard all about the glass ceiling from my mother and sister for decades.  I understand the point that discrimination happens to women. You also must understand discrimination happens to almost every person at some point in their lives;  Educated, uneducated, old, young, black, white, gay, straight, short, tall, fat, thin, male and female.  

Also, this is not a work related space...  it's a PUBLIC FORUM.  

I'm asking why is it sexist, to post a picture of an attractive woman?  Calling a man sexist for looking at a photo of an attractive woman, and or making a comment that she is attractive, is not sexist.  To try and repress that male behavior is sexist.

So please, get down off your high horse and deal with the fact that if a woman wants to pose in a bikini and be photographed, that's her choice, and if a man wants to look at the photo that's his choice, neither event is your choice, in this instance.

I see you understand. Thankfully you understand all too well that the main point of all of this is that by suggesting a more civil tone towards any potential woman who may frequent this forum, it is you who are the victim. I just hope every woman who reads our little discussion understands that they should either post pictures of themselves in bikinis in the forum or pretend to be a guy, so that your fragile manhood stays intact.

What tone towards a woman ?  What tone, where ?

Please point out where the woman was insulted.   I insulted you, but your username is fatMAN, I assume you are a man.  And I insulted you not based on your sex, but because you are suggesting something that's totally untrue.

The original picture...

So it's a pretty woman, who I presume has had a boob job in a bikini, admiring her own boobs.  So please tell me how this picture and comment;

1. Insults women
2. Stops women getting jobs

You will notice I used the word "Insults" and not "offends".  Because some people take offense to almost anything.  That photo does not insult women, It may offend (some) women, but how is that anyone else's concern?   If you get offended by that then I suggest you are easily offended.

As for it insulting women, that is a joke.  It offends some women.  Some women that seem to have a chip on their shoulder.

Does this insult footballers?

Does this insult men?

If he were to post a meme of someone in a wheelchair, saying he can't stop staring at the wheelchair...  The that would be an insult because that is drawing attention to a disability.  But here is the point you and several women seem unable to grasp...

BEAUTY AND BOOBS ARE NOT DISABILITIES SO THERE IS NO INSULT
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:18:31 PM

He is joining a syndicate this time.  So, probably, he does not intend to buy even a whole lot of 10'000 BTC.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:25:51 PM

Great to see the thread default attitude towards women remains the same*

*let's not have another debate about whether women exist on the internet, we're here...deal with it.

Please explain how it's sexist.  Because after growing up with a feminist mother and sister, I still don't get it.  It may be in questionable taste to some people, but really is it sexist.  Is it really true, that by posting the photo, and making a comment about her body really sexist?  Does it show a disrespect towards women...?   Personally I don't think it does.

Would it be homophobic, to post a photo of an attractive gay guy?  

Wether it fits your idea of sexist is almost beside the point. It creates an atmosphere that is less than inviting to women and where they feel  left out. If %70 of the posts where pics of bulges and gifs of flapping penises I know I would feel quite left out.

PS. This is my opinion on the matter. Howeve, I´m not very good at being a feminist so you might catch me saying something stupid in other posts.

do you think it's fair to repress male behavior?  Do you think young people running in the streets is unfair to old people with walking sticks? Do you think a homogenised society is the path to Utopia?

If so, go back to your logans run society, and please don't use the keyboard anymore... because it's hardly inviting to those without fingers.   You fucking finger Nazi !!!  

You can probably be as manly as you dream of without being a donkeyhole. By cultivating work related spaces where women feel unwelcome we contribute to shaping societies where up to 50% of the greatest talents never find their rightful place as professionals simply because they are women. They are regularly being bypassed for positions by far less competent men because the guy is one of the boss's drinking buddies after work. Beyond it being unfair, it is detrimental to GDP growth and efficiency in the economy in general.

Are you serious? I have heard all about the glass ceiling from my mother and sister for decades.  I understand the point that discrimination happens to women. You also must understand discrimination happens to almost every person at some point in their lives;  Educated, uneducated, old, young, black, white, gay, straight, short, tall, fat, thin, male and female.  

Also, this is not a work related space...  it's a PUBLIC FORUM.  

I'm asking why is it sexist, to post a picture of an attractive woman?  Calling a man sexist for looking at a photo of an attractive woman, and or making a comment that she is attractive, is not sexist.  To try and repress that male behavior is sexist.

So please, get down off your high horse and deal with the fact that if a woman wants to pose in a bikini and be photographed, that's her choice, and if a man wants to look at the photo that's his choice, neither event is your choice, in this instance.

I see you understand. Thankfully you understand all too well that the main point of all of this is that by suggesting a more civil tone towards any potential woman who may frequent this forum, it is you who are the victim. I just hope every woman who reads our little discussion understands that they should either post pictures of themselves in bikinis in the forum or pretend to be a guy, so that your fragile manhood stays intact.

What tone towards a woman ?  What tone, where ?

Please point out where the woman was insulted.   I insulted you, but your username is fatMAN, I assume you are a man.  And I insulted you not based on your sex, but because you are suggesting something that's totally untrue.

The original picture...

So it's a pretty woman, who I presume has had a boob job in a bikini, admiring her own boobs.  So please tell me how this picture and comment;

1. Insults women
2. Stops women getting jobs

You will notice I used the word "Insults" and not "offends".  Because some people take offense to almost anything.  That photo does not insult women, It may offend (some) women, but how is that anyone else's concern?   If you get offended by that then I suggest you are easily offended.

As for it insulting women, that is a joke.  It offends some women.  Some women that seem to have a chip on their shoulder.

Does this insult footballers?

Does this insult men?

If he were to post a meme of someone in a wheelchair, saying he can't stop staring at the wheelchair...  The that would be an insult because that is drawing attention to a disability.  But here is the point you and several women seem unable to grasp...

BEAUTY AND BOOBS ARE NOT DISABILITIES SO THERE IS NO INSULT

Chillax! It is not my fault you got your manhood broken by your mom and your sister.
Pages: « 1 ... 9793 9794 9795 9796 9797 9798 9799 9800 9801 9802 9803 9804 9805 9806 9807 9808 9809 9810 9811 9812 9813 9814 9815 9816 9817 9818 9819 9820 9821 9822 9823 9824 9825 9826 9827 9828 9829 9830 9831 9832 9833 9834 9835 9836 9837 9838 9839 9840 9841 9842 [9843] 9844 9845 9846 9847 9848 9849 9850 9851 9852 9853 9854 9855 9856 9857 9858 9859 9860 9861 9862 9863 9864 9865 9866 9867 9868 9869 9870 9871 9872 9873 9874 9875 9876 9877 9878 9879 9880 9881 9882 9883 9884 9885 9886 9887 9888 9889 9890 9891 9892 9893 ... 33317 »
  Print  

Jump to: