May 05, 2024, 10:21:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 [1192] 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 ... 33325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372568 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Dalib

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:56:35 PM

Bitstamp: 504 Gateway Time-out

Edit: now it's ok ... Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 08:57:49 PM

1000 bid order is popping up desperately trying to push it up over 100.

the bid is at 98.4...

So?
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4476

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:58:31 PM

I wanna see mid 150's!!!!

Don't worry. You will in time.

Just how long?
Dalib

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

A Top Web 3 Gaming Layer2 Provider

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:59:03 PM

the bid is at 98.4...
So?

yes 1584 Btc to 98.4  Cheesy  

Trading volume of last hour: 765.30 BTC ...
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:01:56 PM

Wagner2014

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:03:54 PM

the bid is at 98.4...

So?

just an observation...
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:07:03 PM

It just doesn't stop. At face value they want it up over 100, or someone is just playing games...

It's not some conspiracy, I'm sick and tired of newbs thinking the market is heavily manipulated because it doesn't go where they themselves baselessly predicted.

Man, that isn't so nice to say. Not nice to try to group people by using words like conspiracy either - I don't see the connection.
Who said anything about a conspiracy? (which means 2 or more individuals working together - that was not implied). Conspiracy and other name-calling (e.g. tin foil wearing) unfortunately, has become a word to discredit future digging.

The larger point is the point made, which you skipped over and grouped as conspiracy, not to mention name called.

The poster brought up someone flashing a 1000 BTC buy, why not address what that could mean?
micalith

Activity: 894
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:11:48 PM

I'm starting to think just new investors thinking 'BTC price finally going up again'
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:37:18 PM

Perhaps the market truly doesn't want to go over 100 just yet. The downward channel upper line is at 100ish, and 100 is a psychological number.

Psychological numbers are strongest early on. 100 has been tested, re-tested, run-through, so many times that its barrier-effect has faded a lot.
Abandon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:42:17 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 09:58:26 PM by Abandon

It just doesn't stop. At face value they want it up over 100, or someone is just playing games...

It's not some conspiracy, I'm sick and tired of newbs thinking the market is heavily manipulated because it doesn't go where they themselves baselessly predicted.

Man, that isn't so nice to say. Not nice to try to group people by using words like conspiracy either - I don't see the connection.
Who said anything about a conspiracy? (which means 2 or more individuals working together - that was not implied). Conspiracy and other name-calling (e.g. tin foil wearing) unfortunately, has become a word to discredit future digging.

The larger point is the point made, which you skipped over and grouped as conspiracy, not to mention name called.

The poster brought up someone flashing a 1000 BTC buy, why not address what that could mean?

In general, people assume it's more than one person doing the manipulation, that's why I addressed it as a conspiracy. Although there's always the rich lone gunman trope that's not too far off.

Anyways, there's always walls, and many whales are not so bright. Some think they can manipulate the market, but chances are, people will try calling what they think is a bluff. Then there's the genuine whales who places large bid/ask walls in hope that they actually gets quickly filled, for better or for worse, which I think is likely the case here. But some people might think it's a bluff and sell into it.

As for whales with large orders, they think the market will go in a direction, and they want to cause a chain reaction by shifting their weight around. They aren't out to push the market up just a little then sell, they're in it for the more mid-term/long-term, unless they start to panic.

Most whales only place small orders, unless something big is happening.

Whales can't change the overall trend, unless they had millions, and timed everything perfectly, to include the correct wave counts, etc. This would likely be a great loss to them. It's better for them to go with the trend, and where the market is willing to go.
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:07:24 PM

In general, people assume it's more than one person doing the manipulation, that's why I addressed it as a conspiracy. Although there's always the rich lone gunman trope that's not too far off.

Anyways, there's always walls, and many whales are not so bright. Some think they can manipulate the market, but chances are, people will try calling what they think is a bluff. Then there's the genuine whales who places large bid/ask walls in hope that they actually gets quickly filled, for better or for worse, which I think is likely the case here. But some people might think it's a bluff and sell into it.

As for whales with large orders, they think the market will go in a direction, and they want to cause a chain reaction by shifting their weight around. They aren't out to push the market up just a little then sell, they're in it for the more mid-term/long-term, unless they start to panic.

Whales can't push the price where it doesn't want to go. Whales can't change the overall trend, unless they had millions, and timed everything perfectly, to include the correct wave counts, etc. This would likely be a great loss to them. It's better for them to go with the trend.

Some things are correct, some are not.

There are 3 group of traders (in general):
- plankton traders, who are 100% time on the market and are 10% correct
- whale traders, who are (depending on the group) 80 - 100% time on the market (they need holidays from time to time) and are 80% correct
- daddys, who are 1 - 10% time on the market and are 90 -99% correct

Whales screw plankton. Whales have knowledge of planktology and apply this knowledge with a use of various tools and actions, e.g. they scare them with walls, they have shills spreading news like ''I see a head and shoulders'', I see a double top'', and what not. Some of these shills even accept donations.

Daddys screw whales (and indirectly plankton; you know whales need to cover losses they suffer from daddys and screw plankton even more). Daddys have knowledge of whaleology.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:09:36 PM

Whales can't push the price where it doesn't want to go. Whales can't change the overall trend, unless they had millions, and timed everything perfectly, to include the correct wave counts, etc. This would likely be a great loss to them. It's better for them to go with the trend.

- plankton traders, who are 100% on the market and are 10% correct
- whale traders, who are (depending on the group) 80 - 100% on the market (they need holidays from time to time) and are 80 correct%
- daddys, who are 1 - 10% on the market and are 90 -99% correct

Whales screw plankton. Whales have knowledge of planktology and apply this knowledge with a use of various tools and actions, e.g. they scare them with walls, they have shills spreading news like ''I see a head and shoulders'', I see a double top'', and what not. Some of these shills even accept donations.

Daddys screw whales (and indirectly plankton; you know whales need to cover losses they suffer from daddys and screw plankton even more). Daddys have knowledge of whaleology.

LOL, you should pass some of that shit you are smoking Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
rampantparanoia

Activity: 516
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:10:13 PM

- whale traders, who are (depending on the group) 80 - 100% on the market (they need holidays from time to time) and are 80 correct%

+420
Loozik

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:16:14 PM

How come I am ALWAYS right, and you are not?
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:23:20 PM

Whales can't change the overall trend, unless they had millions, and timed everything perfectly, to include the correct wave counts, etc. This would likely be a great loss to them. It's better for them to go with the trend, and where the market is willing to go.

Now why didn't you just say that to begin with? I enjoy learning and appreciate your reply.
I've observed that emotion is more concerned with being right, but when you can use Grammar, Logic and Rhettoric (and maybe throw in some emotion - I'm not against it), well then you got a Triviumatic way of understanding...

So, do you see these whales as being "successful" and if so, to what end? (e.g. - a mid term move here would be quite substantial, depending on what mid term means to you. And the correction, even more so.)
Myself, I saw todays move as not really successful, at least not compared to the last big rise in price (but they had technical indicators on their side and now that isn't exactly there and I wonder about the lack of buying after "their" large buys today.)

gandhibt

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:48:36 PM

+420

For me too, thanks.
Loozik

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:51:05 PM

For me too, thanks.

Please explain. Truth hurts or what? I am puzzled  Smiley
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:51:48 PM

For me too, thanks.

I think he's asking for drugs.
Loozik

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:54:43 PM

For me too, thanks.

Care to explain?
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 10:56:24 PM

For me too, thanks.

Care to explain?

It looks pretty self explanatory to me:

+420

For me too, thanks.
Pages: « 1 ... 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 [1192] 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 ... 33325 »
  Print  

Jump to: