May 02, 2024, 02:28:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15359 15360 15361 15362 15363 15364 15365 15366 15367 15368 15369 15370 15371 15372 15373 15374 15375 15376 15377 15378 15379 15380 15381 15382 15383 15384 15385 15386 15387 15388 15389 15390 15391 15392 15393 15394 15395 15396 15397 15398 15399 15400 15401 15402 15403 15404 15405 15406 15407 15408 [15409] 15410 15411 15412 15413 15414 15415 15416 15417 15418 15419 15420 15421 15422 15423 15424 15425 15426 15427 15428 15429 15430 15431 15432 15433 15434 15435 15436 15437 15438 15439 15440 15441 15442 15443 15444 15445 15446 15447 15448 15449 15450 15451 15452 15453 15454 15455 15456 15457 15458 15459 ... 33314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370657 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:27:30 PM

Doncha just love that price settling in perfectly at 579.99999999 ? I mean, such a natural number to settle at, ami riiite??  Lol

And with supposedly soooo many different market makers on sooo many different exchanges, how's it possible to peg the price perfectly?  Guyzz???

I mean, it couldn't all be just one huge deep pocket whale with multiple exchange accounts in different countries?  Could it??  Guyzz???

trolololol

Yeah... these one manipulator theories are just ridiculous....

So fucking what, BTC prices happen to gravitate towards similar price points on various exchanges, that is hardly sufficient evidence of one manipulator or even a handful of less than 10 manipulators...

Descriptions of exactly similar prices is just a bullshit attempt at attempting to show a pattern to denigrate the importance of a variety of actors involved in pushing bitcoin prices both on and off exchanges... even though at the margins there may be some successful attempts for short periods of time to hold prices at very close levels for short periods of time.

Edit:  And, maybe I should not even waste time to respond to your nonsense misinformation when you sign "trolololol"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:34:07 PM

Gentlemen, the reason behind the recent bitcoin pump can finally be shared Smiley

Companies Are Stockpiling Bitcoin to Pay Off Cybercriminals
A small survey by corporate networking company Citrix indicates that some IT professionals are even stockpiling bitcoins so they can pay up quickly in the event ransomware strikes their network. Out of 250 IT and security workers at U.K. companies with more than 250 employees, a third said they were stockpiling the currency. A researcher at Cornell recently tweeted that the university’s treasurer created an account with the Bitcoin exchange Coinbase so as to be ready if ransomware struck.
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/601643/companies-are-stockpiling-bitcoin-to-pay-off-cybercriminals/

Yeah right.....   This is one thing that they can do, but probably a better thing that they can do is to spend some money to improve the security and vulnerabilities of their computer systems.

I got an even better thing they could do: Call the jackbooted gubermint Jews, and explain how beetcoin criminals are stealing the shekels that rightfully belong in their secret Jew caves.
But hey, feel free call up those companies; share your valuable network security wisdomz.

You cannot be serious to actually believe that one news article (like the one you provided) reflects any kind of accurate rendition of various approaches that actual UK companies with more than 250 employees are actually taking in respects to preparing for possible ransom attacks and preventative measures as well? 

And, surely, once they are in fact attacked, they may have to reconsider how they are going to handle the actual attack when it converts from hypothetical to actual.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 06:37:03 PM

Sold my house this week. My mortgage was the last thing requiring me to have a bank account. Last mont my landlord started taking bitcoins for rent. He is happy.

Now to get all of that equity into bitcoins quickly.

I think I found a buyer for you...
In a period of time, I have been buying bitcoins only in cash and amassed over 800 btc, I keep them in several wallets. Now, I'm in a need of buying some stuff unfortunately you still cant buy with btc nowadays - car, wedding ceremony, paying for some travel trips, general spending in life etc. So I need to cash out at least 250 btc, but the problem is the taxes. Im willing to pay them, no issues, but I think they'll cause me some troubles as people may think this money comes from illegal operations, which is not true but I have no way to prove it.
https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4n1680/cashing_out_a_big_sum_of_btc_without_getting_in/

You need some reading comprehension lessons, StraightAArdvark, I mean Lambie....

Explained it to us how a house that has already been sold (Elwar's house)... is going to be sold again by Elwar?  There is a considerable level of logical incoherence in the content of your post.

Oh?  It appears that the purpose of your post was to bring up some anecdotal evidence that is somehow related to bitcoin and the holding of a large amount of bitcoin (O.k.  I am stretching to help you out here in order to identify some kind of a stretch of a connection in your post  Tongue Tongue ) in order to attempt to make some kind of parody concerning the behaviors of bitcoin users based on your described example of some kind of crazy person, no?

Back to Elwar's situation for a moment.  Isn't Elwar facing a different issue, and that is figuring out means in which to convert a large portion of his soon to be in-hand cash proceeds to bitcoin?   Not necessarily a bad problem to have, but not answered by your response. 

I personally don't buy into an all or nothing approach to investing into BTC, but I understand the dilemma and temptation in holding so much cash all at once and then wanting to get that likely depreciating cash into an appreciation status, which bitcoin is in a very decent position and good upward odds at the moment (even though there is no guarantee from this current price point). 

Let's say Elwar's proceeds from his house are anywhere between $10K and $100k?  how much to invest into BTC? 
Surely, he has got to account for his own particular circumstances in terms of how much BTC he already holds and his cash flow and his other investments and time line.

Maybe invest 80% of the proceeds within a short period of time in increments of $5k to $10k?  In recent months, I have found it to be quite useful to maintain a BTC portfolio that maintains both BTC and fiat, and I find a lot of stress relief and flexibility in that kind of approach, especially given the volatile nature of BTC, even though maintaining proportions in both BTC and fiat seems to cause some additional needs to pay attention to BTC prices in order to take advantage of price fluctuation opportunities.. which are likely going to continue to take place for years to come in bitcoinlandia.

Yep, looking at the guy's issue he has a lot of bitcoins but wants to get them converted to fiat without throwing up red flags of money laundering (aka, the government doesn't know every detail of where the money came from). In theory it would work out for us if I cashed out my house proceeds and gave him cash for the bitcoins. But a wire transfer from my government bank to his would throw up red flags.

I spoke with BitPay to see about an OTC trade but they recommended I use itbit. I've looked at their OTC platform and they only charge .1% which is reasonable.

I will have to tell my government bank to make sure to note that this large deposit is coming from a home sale so they can report to their masters about why I am moving so much money. I will have to inform them that my wire transfer is for the purchase of bitcoins so they can also report that as well. Wouldn't want the government to be uninformed about money flow.

I'll be converting 100% (about $150k) to bitcoins. I see no need to hang on to that much money in dollars. I have no near term plans to purchase a home or anything like that with it and I don't live in the US anyway so dollars are useless to me (other than the occasional visit to the Commissary).
StraightAArdvark

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 06:44:38 PM

Gentlemen, the reason behind the recent bitcoin pump can finally be shared Smiley

A small survey by corporate networking company Citrix indicates that some IT professionals are even stockpiling bitcoins so they can pay up quickly in the event ransomware strikes their network. Out of 250 IT and security workers at U.K. companies with more than 250 employees, a third said they were stockpiling the currency. A researcher at Cornell recently tweeted that the university’s treasurer created an account with the Bitcoin exchange Coinbase so as to be ready if ransomware struck.
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/601643/companies-are-stockpiling-bitcoin-to-pay-off-cybercriminals/

Yeah right.....   This is one thing that they can do, but probably a better thing that they can do is to spend some money to improve the security and vulnerabilities of their computer systems.

I got an even better thing they could do: Call the jackbooted gubermint Jews, and explain how beetcoin criminals are stealing the shekels that rightfully belong in their secret Jew caves.
But hey, feel free call up those companies; share your valuable network security wisdomz.

You cannot be serious to actually believe that one news article (like the one you provided) reflects any kind of accurate rendition of various approaches that actual UK companies with more than 250 employees are actually taking in respects to preparing for possible ransom attacks and preventative measures as well? 

And, surely, once they are in fact attacked, they may have to reconsider how they are going to handle the actual attack when it converts from hypothetical to actual.
A survey of 250 IT and security workers at U.K. companies with more than 250 employees. Either a statistically meaningful sample, or it isn't. My personal beliefs are neither here nor there. It's a survey, not even a formal study, I can't begin to guess how accurate it is.
If you feel that ransomware isn't a a real threat, you're mistaken. It's real.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:07:07 PM

Ether

Keep posting about your Ethereum IPO scamcoin trying to trick people into buying it so I can post this every single time you do:

The Ethereum Paradox

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361602.0

Why proof of stake has no value:

Since Satoshi did not solve the Byzantine generals problem, this means confirmations are completely arbitrary.  So why are two confirmations more useful in Bitcoin (PoW) than one?  Because it's an open entropy system where over a period of time, it's either unlikely or statistically impossible for someone to maintain a monopoly on block validation when there's no upper limit to confirmations.

Recursive systems like proof of stake tend to permanently monopolize block validation by design, with no real fault or state recovery to fix it once it goes off the rails.  The act of introducing interest compounds this problem even more.  This makes a proof of stake confirmation essentially worthless due to being a bounded entropy system.

On top of being worthless, proof of stake is also a permissioned ledger.  The purpose of mining in Bitcoin is to create a permanent decentralized exchange peg, which thus results in a permissionless system.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:13:06 PM

Yep, looking at the guy's issue he has a lot of bitcoins but wants to get them converted to fiat without throwing up red flags of money laundering (aka, the government doesn't know every detail of where the money came from). In theory it would work out for us if I cashed out my house proceeds and gave him cash for the bitcoins. But a wire transfer from my government bank to his would throw up red flags.

Actually, it would be interesting if you were able to work out some kind of deal for an in-person cash transfer with a guy like that that maybe would take place over several weeks in order for you to purchase all of the $150k worth of bitcoin's at a price that would be agreeable to both of you (and likely you could be able to work out a deal that would be advantages to both of you)....   On the other hand, sometimes on a personal level you may not want to get involved in dealing with someone who appears to be engaging in legally questionable activities when you are not and that could result in too many problems for you, merely because you are attempting to get a better deal on your bitcoins.

I spoke with BitPay to see about an OTC trade but they recommended I use itbit. I've looked at their OTC platform and they only charge .1% which is reasonable.

I agree that .1% is pretty reasonable, especially comparing to other possible avenues.

I will have to tell my government bank to make sure to note that this large deposit is coming from a home sale so they can report to their masters about why I am moving so much money. I will have to inform them that my wire transfer is for the purchase of bitcoins so they can also report that as well. Wouldn't want the government to be uninformed about money flow.

Well, really it appears that at this point you have nothing really to hide or obscure, so for efficiency sake it is probably more prudent to take these kinds of measures in order that your money is less likely to get held up at any point in the processing (or to be assessed unreasonable and incorrect penalties in the future).

I'll be converting 100% (about $150k) to bitcoins. I see no need to hang on to that much money in dollars. I have no near term plans to purchase a home or anything like that with it and I don't live in the US anyway so dollars are useless to me (other than the occasional visit to the Commissary).

I already made my point regarding this, and certainly, each of us has to decide for ourselves regarding our level of allocation.  I used 80% as a reference point, but actually my current personal BTC/Fiat holdings (in terms of my bitcoin allocated funds) currently stands at 92% to 8%, but then I have other investments too, and my approximate total bitcoin proceedings remain a bit less than 30% of my total quasi-liquid assets which is quite a bit of a higher proportionally than historically I had allowed, and this growth in bitcoin allocation is largely based on bitcoin's more than 150% price appreciation in less than a year (if we consider the on average $230 price point in September 2015).

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:14:58 PM

A survey of 250 IT and security workers at U.K. companies with more than 250 employees. Either a statistically meaningful sample, or it isn't. My personal beliefs are neither here nor there. It's a survey, not even a formal study, I can't begin to guess how accurate it is.
If you feel that ransomware isn't a a real threat, you're mistaken. It's real.

Actually, newbie, I mean Lambie, I agree with you regarding these last points.
Assmaster2000

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:17:02 PM

Ether

Keep posting about your Ethereum IPO scamcoin trying to trick people into buying it so I can post this every single time you do:

The Ethereum Paradox

Modern Crypto 2.0 currency makes its investors more than 10 times Shocked richer in just 6 months, amd continues to skyrocket.
Meanwhile, back at the crypto 1.0 ranch, outmoded beetcoin struggles to recapture JUST HALF of its former glory Cry
How is such a thing even possible?! It really is a paradox, c0ckr0ach.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:22:12 PM

More attempts to try and trick people into buying an IPO scamcoin called Ethereum

Keep going, I can do this all day.  The more you try to shill for the Ethereum IPO scamcoin, the more people will see this post.  Yes, they might get upset about spamming, but it will do more damage to your Ethereum scamcoin for people to see this than it does to me:

The Ethereum Paradox

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1361602.0

Why proof of stake has no value:

Since Satoshi did not solve the Byzantine generals problem, this means confirmations are completely arbitrary.  So why are two confirmations more useful in Bitcoin (PoW) than one?  Because it's an open entropy system where over a period of time, it's either unlikely or statistically impossible for someone to maintain a monopoly on block validation when there's no upper limit to confirmations.

Recursive systems like proof of stake tend to permanently monopolize block validation by design, with no real fault or state recovery to fix it once it goes off the rails.  The act of introducing interest compounds this problem even more.  This makes a proof of stake confirmation essentially worthless due to being a bounded entropy system.

On top of being worthless, proof of stake is also a permissioned ledger.  The purpose of mining in Bitcoin is to create a permanent decentralized exchange peg, which thus results in a permissionless system.
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:35:20 PM

More attempts to try and trick people into buying an IPO scamcoin called Ethereum

Keep going, I can do this all day.  The more you try to shill for the Ethereum IPO scamcoin, the more people will see this post.  Yes, they might get upset about spamming, but it will do more damage to your Ethereum scamcoin for people to see this than it does to me:

The Ethereum Paradox

That leveraged long ain't working out too good, huh?
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:49:12 PM

What is ETH actually for? What's so good about it?

I no nothing about it apart from its premined right? And there is no cap.

What are the good points?
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:54:15 PM

It can do everything that bitcoin can, plus can scale and do stuff that bitcoiners used to talk about, like smart contracts.
Oh, did I mention it's not a SHA256 coin, meaning it's not controlled by the Chinese exchange/mining cartel?

But, to be honest, that's just a backstory too, like people totally using BTC because it's simpler than using a CC. In truth, it's just a really profitable coin with good volume Smiley
dumbfbrankings

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 07:59:38 PM

^^^^ Horrible lies by a shameless pumper

It's a premined scam coin with ever-accelerating inflation. No one uses it, it has no exchanges or services, and it has been crashing since May 28th. Or so I hear from a c0ckr0ach.

Best just stay 100% BTC, sell your house and buy more at $580, get loans or leverage to go above 100% if you can.

Cheers
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:00:04 PM

It can do everything that bitcoin can, plus can scale and do stuff that bitcoiners used to talk about, like smart contracts.
Oh, did I mention it's not a SHA256 coin, meaning it's not controlled by the Chinese exchange/mining cartel?

But, to be honest, that's just a backstory too, like people totally using BTC because it's simpler than using a CC. In truth, it's just a really profitable coin with good volume Smiley

Mind to give a proof about eth can scale ?

Bitcoin is a supersecure blockchain, other thinks can be bulid on top of it, e.g. rootstock or lightning .  No need for fancy feutures. Just a good secure protocol.

And if bitcoin enters the next hyper bubble the red candle in your eth chart will be EPIC.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:06:38 PM

chinaman will pull his gambit tonight or one of these days anyway.

exchanges will go offline, get ddosed. bulls trading there with get caught with their pants off. profits from this rise evaporating in seconds. ah!

When you've been talking about bitcoins downfall ever since you sold at $10 and price just keeps going up.
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:07:43 PM

It's a premined scam coin with ever-accelerating inflation. No one uses it, it has no exchanges or services, and it has been crashing since May 28th. Or so I hear from a c0ckr0ach.

Best just stay 100% BTC, sell your house and buy more at $580, get loans or leverage to go above 100% if you can.

Cheers

Oh don't worry I have more than enough btc and I paid nowhere near $580 for them. I will be selling my house but then buying another right away and starting on renovation number 2. I believe in Bitcoin but I also believe in making money or acquiring assets elsewhere.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:08:22 PM

There is only one good point - HOPE!

All eth cheerleaders have missed bitcoin (and continue missing it). They hope that Ethereum will do what Bitcoin did for its early adopters.
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:10:29 PM

You mean "just a backstory" bit? Because everything else is simple facts.
Don't understand all the buttrage, why is it so hard for you to accept that other coins are making bank while your retrocoin can't even bank the halvening?
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:14:19 PM

Literally every alt coin has proven to be a scam to earn a quick buck.
There. Fixed it for you. It's all a question of timing. I mean look at JJG, brother bought in @$1,200, and still hodling.
Talk about putting a ring on it... Sad
When you've been talking about bitcoins downfall
Maybe he meant rel. ETH? Because man, rel. ETH bitcoin just tanked Sad
dumbfbrankings

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 08:16:11 PM

There is only one good point - HOPE!

All eth cheerleaders have missed bitcoin (and continue missing it). They hope that Ethereum will do what Bitcoin did for its early adopters.

They even lie about seeing 1000% gains in 2016. Just jealous scam victims.

They will remain poe.

Pages: « 1 ... 15359 15360 15361 15362 15363 15364 15365 15366 15367 15368 15369 15370 15371 15372 15373 15374 15375 15376 15377 15378 15379 15380 15381 15382 15383 15384 15385 15386 15387 15388 15389 15390 15391 15392 15393 15394 15395 15396 15397 15398 15399 15400 15401 15402 15403 15404 15405 15406 15407 15408 [15409] 15410 15411 15412 15413 15414 15415 15416 15417 15418 15419 15420 15421 15422 15423 15424 15425 15426 15427 15428 15429 15430 15431 15432 15433 15434 15435 15436 15437 15438 15439 15440 15441 15442 15443 15444 15445 15446 15447 15448 15449 15450 15451 15452 15453 15454 15455 15456 15457 15458 15459 ... 33314 »
  Print  

Jump to: