May 02, 2024, 01:12:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15347 15348 15349 15350 15351 15352 15353 15354 15355 15356 15357 15358 15359 15360 15361 15362 15363 15364 15365 15366 15367 15368 15369 15370 15371 15372 15373 15374 15375 15376 15377 15378 15379 15380 15381 15382 15383 15384 15385 15386 15387 15388 15389 15390 15391 15392 15393 15394 15395 15396 [15397] 15398 15399 15400 15401 15402 15403 15404 15405 15406 15407 15408 15409 15410 15411 15412 15413 15414 15415 15416 15417 15418 15419 15420 15421 15422 15423 15424 15425 15426 15427 15428 15429 15430 15431 15432 15433 15434 15435 15436 15437 15438 15439 15440 15441 15442 15443 15444 15445 15446 15447 ... 33314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370637 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:23:15 AM

doubtful that the chinese will speed us through 4000 CNY.

massive barrier there, i think the west need to drag china from 3999 to 5001 before they will start carrying again.

Chinese are very superstitious, and the number 4 is very bad to them.

I'd be fine with the west taking us to 5000 CNY.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SheHadMANHands
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:26:32 AM

the creep continues..
Ted E. Bare

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Bear with me

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:29:26 AM

Will the bears buy back in after 600? They sure should. Maybe they'll join us at 700?
Assmaster2000

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:49:28 AM

Will the bears buy back in after 600? They sure should. Maybe they'll join us at 700?
Because bitcoin is hip and happenin'?
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:57:53 AM

Some very interesting trend analysis showing why bitcoin can't fail!

http://imgur.com/jBM4tq6

is that the legendary, flared tongue Argentinosaurus that Satoshi talked about?

... it is becoming clear now he meant dragons not dinosaurs.
SheHadMANHands
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 12:59:00 AM

Money is the simplest blockchain application (Bitcoin).  Logically it's protocol architecture shouldn't include the weight and unnecessary complexity of a smart contract system.  You put that shit on top (lisk).   Cheesy

From a security perspective (think wealth storage), simplicity wins out.  A house with fewer windows and doors leaves less potential security holes.  Ethereum will probably never be the "internet of money", and it's yet to demonstrate the utility of it's smart contracts.  I believe it will (and hodling ether), but it isn't a sure thing.  Bitcoin, at least, already works as money and as a store of wealth.

So, yes.  Bitcoin is fucking hip as hell.  The original.   Cool
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:13:56 AM

Segwit RC soon to be deployed -

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8149

Get ready for a price boost when Segwit comes out of RC unscathed and miners start accepting it bring to an end one chapter of this drama and sending bitcoin in the right direction for scaling.

Thanks for the update

He purposefully ignored forgot a critical component of the mining pool vote to change Bitcoin's operation:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Jihan_Bitmain

Segwit will not be active on the network until Core releases binaries for the 2017 HF.
Yeah...
Good luck with that retarded and destructive approach...
DUMB
 Roll Eyes

The party in need of (extreme) luck would be Blockstream, if they intend to see segwit activated without Antpool.

The specifics of the HK agreement were clear, and Jihan will be holding them to their word.

Besides, you don’t run a node. You have an exchange hold some bitcoin for you… which makes your opinions on protocol, node policy, and network capacity just embarrassing. Pls resume writing paragraphs of piffle as you farm up those sig ad penny shavings, friend.

Maybe it would help if you did not distort the facts?

The facts are more or less that XT/Classic failed to provide sufficient evidence or logic to support a protocol change that would involve a hard increase in the blocksize limit.  Accordingly, since there remains a lack of consensus for such position, there is no obligation for anyone to attempt to implement such a unnecessary change... that is only supported by a very small minority.... accordingly, the status quo continues, in which bitcoin is not broken.. and likely seg wit will be implemented and also achieve a consensus after a large majority of sensible folks realize that it is not controverted.

furthermore, your attempt to characterize the situation as some kind of blockstream manipulation is nonsense.  Bitcoin is decentralized, and therefore changes are difficult to achieve by any small group, whether that be blockstream, or the less popular but more whiny-vocal XT/Core criers over spilled milk.

That's part of the reason why I said good luck with attempting to continue to open cans of worms that really don't need to be opened, because bitcoin ain't broken and there is no emergency requiring such proposed remedies, such as making an immediate increase in the currently 1mb blocksize limit.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:15:23 AM

Cost of production is doubling in less than a month ... that will set the new floor for bitcoin price to the $840-960 range (at the minimum without difficulty increases) in the medium term.

Cost of production for a monetary good is the economic defence against counterfeiting.  While gold is money, and sometimes attracts a monetary premium substantially above it's cost of production, for someone to produce gold "from nothing" they need to expend an equivalent amount of resources to the cost of production.  Over long terms the price of the monetary good may be attracted to its cost of production but ultimately that is as cheap as you can acquire it for, as long as it is still desirable as a monetary good.  For the same reason the lowest value of fiat paper money is the cost of the paper it is printed on and the ink, i.e. it's cost of production (about a few cents for a $100 bill).

While bitcoin is still valued as a monetary good, that can be transported in minutes across the internet as a final settlement for bearer instruments exchanged on a censorship-resistant network, it still needs to defend against counterfeiting.  The cost of production defends against counterfeiting since this is as cheap as you can produce bitcoin.  If bitcoin becomes more desirable for other reasons of its utility, such as store of value, medium of exchange (network effect increasing), etc., then it may easily attract a monetary good premium on top of the cost of production, but the cost of production has invariably set the floor for the lower bound on bitcoin prices, as long as it has remained a monetary good.

Bitcoin is still monetising.
BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:15:40 AM

Drivechain sidechains now on the bitcoin testnet--

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGVU6oWufgm/
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:16:24 AM

Money is the simplest blockchain application (Bitcoin).  Logically it's protocol architecture shouldn't include the weight and unnecessary complexity of a smart contract system.  You put that shit on top (lisk).   Cheesy

From a security perspective (think wealth storage), simplicity wins out.  A house with fewer windows and doors leaves less potential security holes.  Ethereum will probably never be the "internet of money", and it's yet to demonstrate the utility of it's smart contracts.  I believe it will (and hodling ether), but it isn't a sure thing.  Bitcoin, at least, already works as money and as a store of wealth.

So, yes.  Bitcoin is fucking hip as hell.  The original.   Cool

Lol @ security, when Thermos suggested destroying Satoshi's coins because worried that early addies are hackable Cheesy
But shit, why even talk about that, when we both know that Bitcoin is simply a convenient gambling/money laundering vehicle, with usability/security providing a plausible backstory ("Officer, this isn't illegal gambling, we're investing here, honest!")

The problem with your barebones analogy is Bitcoin's already a junkwagon: no "good bones" here, no elegance. Just a bunch of angry nutters trying to tear each other a fresh one Sad
SheHadMANHands
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:21:52 AM

The facts are more or less that XT/Classic failed to provide sufficient evidence or logic to support a protocol change that would involve a hard increase in the blocksize limit.  Accordingly, since there remains a lack of consensus for such position, there is no obligation for anyone to attempt to implement such a unnecessary change... that is only supported by a very small minority.... accordingly, the status quo continues, in which bitcoin is not broken.. and likely seg wit will be implemented and also achieve a consensus after a large majority of sensible folks realize that it is not controverted.

Incredible how easy it is to manipulate opinion online.  There was a conscious effort to give the appearance that there was more support among the community for a contentious hard fork than there really was.  Every time something Classic was brought up, market dumped.  Now that the smoke has cleared, Bitcoin is mooning.  Hmm...  wonder what the market wanted. 
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 01:24:47 AM

Sold my house this week. My mortgage was the last thing requiring me to have a bank account. Last mont my landlord started taking bitcoins for rent. He is happy.

So all this time you've been telling us your landlord accepts BTC, you were just lying? And I trusted you... Cry

I paid my rent in bitcoin. Bitwa.la allows you to send a SEPA transfer. He was ok with that. Now it's direct.

Let me understand this. You convert your paycheck from the US army into bitcoins via BitWage, and then you use Bitwa.la to pay your landlord via a SEPA transfer. BitWage charges you a fee, Bitwa.la charges you a fee, and the SEPA itself is a bank service. So you've added 3 middlemen, fees, and ridiculous complications for what us Luddites do via a seamless p2p cash-in-hand, 0-fee exchange Roll Eyes

Why do I feel you're playing me? Other than you never mentioning that you were paying off the filthy fiat loan you got from bankster j00z to buy a house?

BitWage charges 1%. Biwala charges 1%.

I am paid in dollars. My rent is in euros. The exchange fee the guys at work pay is 4 to 5 percent.

Plus bitcoin is my main currency. It is made to gain value over time as opposed to federal reserve notes which are built with the purpose of losing value over time. Losing 1% up front does not keep me up at night.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:25:00 AM

Incredible how easy it is to manipulate opinion online.  There was a conscious effort to give the appearance that there was more support among the community for a contentious hard fork than there really was.  Every time something Classic was brought up, market dumped.  Now that the smoke has cleared, Bitcoin is mooning.  Hmm...  wonder what the market wanted. 

market wants peace and stability. nevertheless if core would come out tomorrow with a 2MB HF that activates in lets say early 2017 markets would do another leg up.

StraightAArdvark

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:25:44 AM

Every time something Classic was brought up, market dumped.  Now that the smoke has cleared, Bitcoin is mooning.  Hmm...  wonder what the market wanted. 

Another bitcoin expert was telling me that the price is going up because halving, but ...you tell me it ain't so?
SheHadMANHands
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:26:00 AM

So, yes.  Bitcoin is fucking hip as hell.  The original.   Cool

Lol @ security, when Thermos suggested destroying Satoshi's coins because worried that early addies are hackable Cheesy
But shit, why even talk about that, when we both know that Bitcoin is simply a convenient gambling/money laundering vehicle, with usability/security providing a plausible backstory ("Officer, this isn't illegal gambling, we're investing here, honest!")

The problem with your barebones analogy is Bitcoin's already a junkwagon: no "good bones" here, no elegance. Just a bunch of angry nutters trying to tear each other a fresh one Sad

If you repent now, Satoshi will forgive you.

If you buy him lunch.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:34:15 AM

That's true, and a large number of those nut jobs continue to attempt to spread the misinformation, and to make it seem as if they have some kind of "economic majority" even while the facts seem quite clearly going against their position... ..

StraightAArdvark

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:34:47 AM

Sold my house this week. My mortgage was the last thing requiring me to have a bank account. Last mont my landlord started taking bitcoins for rent. He is happy.

So all this time you've been telling us your landlord accepts BTC, you were just lying? And I trusted you... Cry

I paid my rent in bitcoin. Bitwa.la allows you to send a SEPA transfer. He was ok with that. Now it's direct.

Let me understand this. You convert your paycheck from the US army into bitcoins via BitWage, and then you use Bitwa.la to pay your landlord via a SEPA transfer. BitWage charges you a fee, Bitwa.la charges you a fee, and the SEPA itself is a bank service. So you've added 3 middlemen, fees, and ridiculous complications for what us Luddites do via a seamless p2p cash-in-hand, 0-fee exchange Roll Eyes

Why do I feel you're playing me? Other than you never mentioning that you were paying off the filthy fiat loan you got from bankster j00z to buy a house?

BitWage charges 1%. Biwala charges 1%.

I am paid in dollars. My rent is in euros. The exchange fee the guys at work pay is 4 to 5 percent.
BULLSHIT. Go wash your mouth out with soap. You can't even lie right. (unless you work with retarded people. Do you work with retarded people?)

Plus bitcoin is my main currency. It is made to gain value over time as opposed to federal reserve notes which are built with the purpose of losing value over time. Losing 1% up front does not keep me up at night.
How is it that you still can't understand that it doesn't matter what money does over time when you pay your bills with it? Once the bill is paid, that money is out of your hands, don't worry about it. You get paid monthly, you pay your rent monthly. What's wrong with you?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:37:52 AM

market wants peace and stability. nevertheless if core would come out tomorrow with a 2MB HF that activates in lets say early 2017 markets would do another leg up.

You are just making shit up. 

Why implement or attempt to implement some kind of change to bitcoin that is not needed and may even cause damage (because it is not needed) merely because some know nothings are hypothesizing that such a change is needed?

I think that there is plenty of understanding that we gotta see how seg wit plays out first before adding some new and unjustified layer.
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:39:05 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2016, 01:54:25 AM by Assmaster2000

So, yes.  Bitcoin is fucking hip as hell.  The original.   Cool

If you repent now, Satoshi will forgive you.

If you buy him lunch.

Satoshi doesn't go out for lunch. For the same reason he doesn't reveal his identity: Transgender surgery gone tragically wrong.

Rupert unloads another bag on Miss Honey Badger.

dumbfbrankings

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 01:45:17 AM

The market wanted one of the most powerful miners to block the rewrite of Bitcoin contained in the Segwit Omnibus Change-set unless Blockstream relented on their stubborn refusal to HF increase the max block size, obviously.

See how fun this is?

Nah, I kid, you're probably correct that investors just really like a global wealth storage and transfer system with a throughput of ~3.5 tps.
Pages: « 1 ... 15347 15348 15349 15350 15351 15352 15353 15354 15355 15356 15357 15358 15359 15360 15361 15362 15363 15364 15365 15366 15367 15368 15369 15370 15371 15372 15373 15374 15375 15376 15377 15378 15379 15380 15381 15382 15383 15384 15385 15386 15387 15388 15389 15390 15391 15392 15393 15394 15395 15396 [15397] 15398 15399 15400 15401 15402 15403 15404 15405 15406 15407 15408 15409 15410 15411 15412 15413 15414 15415 15416 15417 15418 15419 15420 15421 15422 15423 15424 15425 15426 15427 15428 15429 15430 15431 15432 15433 15434 15435 15436 15437 15438 15439 15440 15441 15442 15443 15444 15445 15446 15447 ... 33314 »
  Print  

Jump to: