May 02, 2024, 07:50:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15364 15365 15366 15367 15368 15369 15370 15371 15372 15373 15374 15375 15376 15377 15378 15379 15380 15381 15382 15383 15384 15385 15386 15387 15388 15389 15390 15391 15392 15393 15394 15395 15396 15397 15398 15399 15400 15401 15402 15403 15404 15405 15406 15407 15408 15409 15410 15411 15412 15413 [15414] 15415 15416 15417 15418 15419 15420 15421 15422 15423 15424 15425 15426 15427 15428 15429 15430 15431 15432 15433 15434 15435 15436 15437 15438 15439 15440 15441 15442 15443 15444 15445 15446 15447 15448 15449 15450 15451 15452 15453 15454 15455 15456 15457 15458 15459 15460 15461 15462 15463 15464 ... 33314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370746 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Assmaster2000

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:14:11 PM

Please help i've been stuck here for 5 days, i keep offering $1 to get in a taxi but so far no one has let me in!!! WHAT DO I DO?HuhHuh
I like your taxi analogy, only you don't pay taxis in advance -- you pay when you get out. Turns out she forgot her purse, doesn't have the fare cabby wants her to pay, and the cabby won't let her out without paying. So she's gonna live out her days in the back of the cab Sad

Ahh cute analogy almost convinced me too, if not for AZwarel post above  Roll Eyes but that's ok don't let that discourage your little heart. You just keep on trying.

The damn bus system is completely rigged though WTF bus driver wants me to pay when i get on?? Let's both get on bus forum and troll them to death who da f*ck they think they are!?!
That's right, I conspired with that shameless beetcoin hussy.
She's one of our sleeper agents, infiltrated beetcoin years ago and came up through the ranks, and when y'all finally accepted her as one of your own, BLAMO!

Enemies, infiltrators and saboteurs EVERYWHERE!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:19:03 PM

Please help i've been stuck here for 5 days, i keep offering $1 to get in a taxi but so far no one has let me in!!! WHAT DO I DO?HuhHuh
I like your taxi analogy, only you don't pay taxis in advance -- you pay when you get out. Turns out she forgot her purse, doesn't have the fare cabby wants her to pay, and the cabby won't let her out without paying. So she's gonna live out her days in the back of the cab Sad

@AZwarel, I agree. Bitcoin is not for womens, so not for (slightly more than) 50% of the human race. Right off the bat. It's also not for children, or OldPeople, or stupid people.
Currency of the future Smiley

Yeah i know it sounds very primitive. But, i am a scientist, i only look for the facts, and numbers, without social bullshit. There must be a very basic non biased reason why 99% of the bitcoin user/investor/developer community is made up of 20-45 human males.

I am not biased against "women bitcoining" -and it absolutely wouldn't matter what i think -, THEY themselves are. I mean, the blockchain does not care if you are an alien dog from the future, so there can not be any reason why women do not use/study bitcoin other patriarchy than they do not want to. So i just made a statistically relevant and probable observation about the equation women+bitcoin= 99% likely fubar.

Look, I don't care if you're biased against women, Jews, lardos, blacks, cripples, queers, Azhuns, whatever. It's not about being PC.
The point is *money is supposed to work for all of them, or it's useless.*
It's OK if your new heavy tank doesn't have a tampon dispenser, but money which is too complicated for women is shit. The point of money is making commerce frictionless, so money which excludes most of mankind is *shit money*.
AZwarel

Activity: 401
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:24:14 PM

@AZwarel, I agree. Bitcoin is not for womens, so not for (slightly more than) 50% of the human race. Right off the bat. It's also not for children, or OldPeople, or stupid people.

Yeah i know it sounds very primitive. But, i am a scientist, i only look for the facts, and numbers, without social bullshit. There must be a very basic non biased reason why 99% of the bitcoin user/investor/developer community is made up of 20-45 human males.

I am not biased against "women bitcoining" -and it absolutely wouldn't matter what i think -, THEY themselves are. I mean, the blockchain does not care if you are an alien dog from the future, so there can not be any reason why women do not use/study bitcoin other patriarchy than they do not want to. So i just made a statistically relevant and probable observation about the equation women+bitcoin= 99% likely fubar.

Look, I don't care if you're biased against women, Jews, lardos, blacks, cripples, queers, Azhuns, whatever. It's not about being PC.

How do you know i am not a women myself? Logic has no sex Smiley

Yeah, i just added an edit, thinking over again made obvious for me my own mistake Smiley Alas, i assume since bitcoin is a very high risk field, and males are in general tend to take higher risk as comfortable, that might be a good explanation why the male/female user ratio is as it is. Also, mathematics. :-D

Also, in general any new tech is first used by males disproportionally high, like, since fire?
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2778
Merit: 1791

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:30:51 PM

The future is finally here.
Of course, it is. People must finally understand that blockchain space is a limited and valuable resource. You have to compete to get included. And compete even more to get included fast!

I can not believe these stories about transactions going unconfirmed for days. Bullshit. Very unlikely (like less than 0.0001% chance). I never had a transaction which did not get included at the next block, ever - of course i let my wallet software calculate the actual fee pressure and pay it, still highest fee ever paid was 0,0005, when the backlog was like 10k+ transactions, still got in the first block, np.

Even if they send a zero fee transaction, they will be included in hours, from one of those "lucky block streaks". Also, bitcoins can not be in a limbo. They are either at the original address until moved in a BLOCK, or at the new address after included in a BLOCK. If these mythical "2 days in limbo" are real, they just have to import the WIF to another wallet (or resend if the wallet has that option), and resend the same transaction with more (or non-zero) fees, the miners will accept, since the bitcoins are still at the original address when checked on the blockchain (coins are "on blockchain", not in the wallet software "it is known!") the old address until confirmed in a block not to be).

This "problem" is a FUD, any technically knowledgeable person will laugh on it...ps.: my message to these unicorn people: use a proper wallet with fee adjustment, and do not be a super cheap whiner on a 0.04$-0.08$ cost...

EDIT: some actual math: for 2 days without confirmation, someone needs to show me a 48 hours period with an average of 288 consecutive blocks, which are: all 100% full, with EVERY SINGLE transaction above the minimum 0,0001 fee paid. Come unicorns, show me such a period. They can not, that's why it is either BS, or they actually did not send the transaction (broken SVP maybe?) to the network, but too dumb to check if it is in the MemPool...

Please help i've been stuck here for 5 days, i keep offering $1 to get in a taxi but so far no one has picked me up!!! WHAT DO I DO?HuhHuh

I also been sitting in front of western union for those 5 days asking them to transfer my money to someone else for $0.25 (that's like 5x what i'd pay in BTC fees) they're also yet to accept me. Any advise??

I do wonder why big mining pools just don't give an option like hey for all those people who tried to get on a bus without paying the fare send us your transaction ID (tell us where you are) and pay fees (fine) to this new address and we'll try to include your non paying butt on the next bus we run

Should put an end to all these stupid posts. Oh you didn't want to pay for the ticket? Well go to this site to pay your $0.25 fine and it should be included in the next block they mine
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:35:06 PM

How do you know i am not a women myself? Logic has no sex Smiley

Yeah, i just added an edit, thinking over again made obvious for me my own mistake Smiley Alas, i assume since bitcoin is a very high risk field, and males are in general tend to take higher risk as comfortable, that might be a good explanation why the male/female user ratio is as it is. Also, mathematics. :-D

Also, in general any new tech is first used by males disproportionally high, like, since fire?

I'm not arguing that human females are as smart as you. All I'm saying is that money has to work for them, and money that doesn't work for them is a frickin' failure, not money. Why doe this even need to be said?
gogodr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:36:26 PM

I feel like in the next few days we'll either have to continue going up or start to fall hard.
Let's hope for all us of that it continues going back up.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2016, 01:42:00 PM

I feel like in the next few days we'll either have to continue going up or start to fall hard.
ETH will bounce around some more, but i wouldn't expect much more then +30% it feels toppy already. and i bet this time next year ETH is less then 10$, a steady 1 billion dollar market cap whilst its coin supply inflates? probably...

BTC on the other hand has plenty of room to grow. +100-300% in the coming year for bitcoin, wouldn't surprise me.

I think we'll see a smother ride up on the BTC,and intense volatility on ETH.

gogodr

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:43:24 PM

ETH will bounce around some more, but i wouldn't expect much more then +30% it feels toppy already.

BTC on the other hand has plenty of room to grow. +100-300% in the coming year for bitcoin, wouldn't surprise me.

I think we'll see a smother ride up on the BTC,and intense volatility on ETH.

I have to agree with you on that one. ETH is a death trap as an investment now but btc does have much more upside potential.
Are you buying more btc these days
?
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:48:01 PM

I do wonder why big mining pools just don't give an option like hey for all those people who tried to get on a bus without paying the fare send us your transaction ID (tell us where you are) and pay fees (fine) to this new address and we'll try to include your non paying butt on the next bus we run

Should put an end to all these stupid posts. Oh you didn't want to pay for the ticket? Well go to this site to pay your $0.25 fine and it should be included in the next block they mine
This what you're talking about?
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_replacement
TL;DR: the problem with beetcoin is not that the fees are high, but that you don't know if you have enough money with you to be able to get off the bus, because, unlike a bus, beetcoin doesn't ask for your fare to get on. It lets you on, but if you don't have enough change on you? Have fun riding the bus. For the rest of your life Smiley
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:54:11 PM

ETH will bounce around some more, but i wouldn't expect much more then +30% it feels toppy already.
Coin that went up 1,100% Shocked since Jan. 1
Coin that went up less than 50% since Jan. 1
Roll Eyes
@gogodr: Worst pone ever.
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 01:58:14 PM

TL;DR: the problem with beetcoin is not that the fees are high, but that you don't know if you have enough money with you to be able to get off the bus, because, unlike a bus, beetcoin doesn't ask for your fare to get on. It lets you on, but if you don't have enough change on you? Have fun riding the bus. For the rest of your life Smiley

I am surprised that blockchain.info allows 0 fee transaction at all or at least without popping up a bunch or red warnings. That's the bus companies (wallets) fault, not surprised as i haven't heard anything good about their wallet for a while. You're trolling too hard transaction will eventually expire out of mempool but you probably already knew that (if you tried to get in without paying you might be stuck on the bus until they take you to the police station)
Assmaster2000

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 02:08:33 PM

I am surprised that blockchain.info allows 0 fee transaction at all or at least without popping up a bunch or red warnings. That's the bus companies (wallets) fault, not surprised as i haven't heard anything good about their wallet for a while. You're trolling too hard transaction will eventually expire out of mempool but you probably already knew that (if you tried to get in without paying you might be stuck on the bus until they take you to the police station)

I honestly don't care whose fault it is, Satoshi's, God's, or Blockchain.info's, only care about the product. And the product is subpar, dangerous for the dregs of humanity who ain't well-versed in teh arcana of blogchain technology.
BTW, Are you implying that it's my tx, as in I'm this beetcoin tapeworm lady?

Also, why is the price dropping like that? Shocked Is that normal Huh
soullyG

Activity: 1011
Merit: 721

Decentralize everything

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 02:16:54 PM

@DaRude if you really have to talk to the trolls (Lambie) please don't quote them, the stupid hurts so much Kiss
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 02:24:37 PM

@DaRude if you really have to talk to the trolls (Lambie) please don't quote them, the stupid hurts so much Kiss

Fare enough. Online wallets that still allow 0fee transactions to general public should be chastised though. Damn it she/he got me again
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3425
Merit: 4344

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 02:39:04 PM

Fare enough. Online wallets that still allow 0fee transactions to general public should be chastised though. Damn it she/he got me again

Dont respond to any people with lower than 100 activity posts. The human brain is made for rational thinking, Lambie wil be having a personal mental break down sooner ore later with all that trolling.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4465

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:24:28 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Still battling over $580 I see.

Coiling for the next big leg up, presumably. Past $610 this time?
poncho32

Activity: 316

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:33:10 PM

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Still battling over $580 I see.

Coiling for the next big leg up, presumably. Past $610 this time?

It will only take a 7k pump on Bitfinex to get the price up to $600. Great big buys like that were fairly regular a few weeks ago. We had a lower volume gap for a week or two, and the high volume buys might start again soon for the next big leg up. The low volume trading can't last forever.
pariahbit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 03:50:08 PM

It will only take a 7k pump on Bitfinex to get the price up to $600. Great big buys like that were fairly regular a few weeks ago. We had a lower volume gap for a week or two, and the high volume buys might start again soon for the next big leg up. The low volume trading can't last forever.
    Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
    Man never is, but always to be blessed:
    The soul, uneasy and confined from home,
    Rests and expatiates in a life to come.

– Brainyquote.com

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 04:03:51 PM

china seems unwilling to break 4000 CNY atm and looks to be set to retest 3733 for support.

so it seems like we won't go to the moon just yet, maybe after a support retest this might happen but so far no luck.

maybe it's time for europe to take the lead for once.
n3o111

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 04:32:40 PM

By the way, I bought my first coins at $1,200, and I continued to buy all the way down below $200 and to bring my average down.  I accumulated several coins in the lower $200s, and took reasonable precautions to sell on the way up above $250 and currently, then to buy back on dips.  Sure it has taken some nursing along the way, yet currently, my BTC portfolio is in really decent shape because I have BTC accumulated and fiat stacked within the portfolio.  Thus there are several ways to view and calculate cost per BTC to attempt to figure if your holdings are profitable.  Sure, yeah, maybe to be a purist, I should wait for $1,200 to cash out the coins that I bought at $1,200, but really that is not absolutely necessary in order to still have an overall financially profitable holdings and selling position based on the overall average cost of the investment.
Pages: « 1 ... 15364 15365 15366 15367 15368 15369 15370 15371 15372 15373 15374 15375 15376 15377 15378 15379 15380 15381 15382 15383 15384 15385 15386 15387 15388 15389 15390 15391 15392 15393 15394 15395 15396 15397 15398 15399 15400 15401 15402 15403 15404 15405 15406 15407 15408 15409 15410 15411 15412 15413 [15414] 15415 15416 15417 15418 15419 15420 15421 15422 15423 15424 15425 15426 15427 15428 15429 15430 15431 15432 15433 15434 15435 15436 15437 15438 15439 15440 15441 15442 15443 15444 15445 15446 15447 15448 15449 15450 15451 15452 15453 15454 15455 15456 15457 15458 15459 15460 15461 15462 15463 15464 ... 33314 »
  Print  

Jump to: