June 21, 2024, 05:48:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17218 17219 17220 17221 17222 17223 17224 17225 17226 17227 17228 17229 17230 17231 17232 17233 17234 17235 17236 17237 17238 17239 17240 17241 17242 17243 17244 17245 17246 17247 17248 17249 17250 17251 17252 17253 17254 17255 17256 17257 17258 17259 17260 17261 17262 17263 17264 17265 17266 17267 [17268] 17269 17270 17271 17272 17273 17274 17275 17276 17277 17278 17279 17280 17281 17282 17283 17284 17285 17286 17287 17288 17289 17290 17291 17292 17293 17294 17295 17296 17297 17298 17299 17300 17301 17302 17303 17304 17305 17306 17307 17308 17309 17310 17311 17312 17313 17314 17315 17316 17317 17318 ... 33466 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26404079 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 3518

born once atheist

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:27:00 AM

I really wish Roger Ver would kill himself.
He already did. He character-assassinated himself, losing all credibility.

No. I mean, 6 feet under. No biological function. Cold to the touch.

Maggot food.

the trend is pretty clear ... whenever killerpotleaf (adam) and jbreher (bear) show up here to spread more HARD-FORK-NOW! FUD and stir up the natives then price is going to drop.

pretty sure they are both on WuVer's payroll ... he throws them a few bitcoins to spread FUD whenever they get the word.

Where can I get on this payroll? I'm a bit of a bear anyway. Might as well get paid to troll.  Grin

roger@bitcoin.com

you may have to convince him of your loyalty to the cause first ... whisper sweet nothings in his ear "Your blocks are so big Roger" ... "Everyone wishes they had big blocks like you Roger" ... you know things that stroke his ego and relieve him of his blocksize anxiety, "No, thse pants don't make your blocks look too small" ... it'll be obvious what to say but it may make you feel dirty afterwards.

correct me if i'm wrong, but I get this distinct feeling that this Roger character, for whatever reason,
is not particularly popular around this neighborhood......
(forgive me as I'm ignorant in these matters, tho being on this thread, I know I shouldn't be)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:02:31 AM

the trend is pretty clear ... whenever killerpotleaf (adam) and jbreher (bear) show up here to spread more HARD-FORK-NOW! FUD and stir up the natives then price is going to drop.

pretty sure they are both on WuVer's payroll ... he throws them a few bitcoins to spread FUD whenever they get the word.

If the market is so fragile that a few fudders can make the price go down, it's probably going to come down on it's own eventually. Donchathink?

It was doomed to collapse the second Goldman Sachs published an article saying "buy bitcoin with both hands goyim!"
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:03:02 AM

Is that bitmain ? Wink
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:04:33 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 01:51:02 AM by bitserve

If the market is so fragile that a few fudders can make the price go down, it's probably going to come down on it's own eventually. Donchathink?

It was doomed to collapse the second Goldman Sachs published an article saying "buy bitcoin with both hands goyim!"

Roach... according to you, Bitcoin has been continually collapsing since when? $400 maybe?

Or is it only now that has collapsed? Or haven't even collapsed yet? or maybe it will never collapse?

I am confused.

Dotto
Legendary

Activity: 981
Merit: 1005

No maps for these territories

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:05:24 AM

i'm pushing for a simple malleability fix. confident they will do it, eventually,  but many devs dont see it as a priority for the short term.

altho the classic team will provide an opt-in malleability fix for BCC to boot.

I need *instant* tx's, schnorr signatures and malleability fix in less than three months. Otherwise I will just fork Bitcoin Cash Plus from Bitcoin Cash. With SEGWIT + LN support. (It will be easy, just a clone of Bitcoin code with the Cash tag in the name). You have all been warned!

more free money!!?!?!

you guys are to kind

Wut? No free cash, Bitcoin Cash Plus will be the REAL Bitcoin Cash! *

* As satoshi intended. Haven't you read the whitepaper? blah blah?
Nah, that´s a shitcoin. The truly gem is Bitcoin Cash Plus Classic
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:11:14 AM

i'm pushing for a simple malleability fix. confident they will do it, eventually,  but many devs dont see it as a priority for the short term.

I need *instant* tx's, schnorr signatures and malleability fix in less than three months. Otherwise I will just fork Bitcoin Cash Plus from Bitcoin Cash. With SEGWIT + LN support. (It will be easy, just a clone of Bitcoin code with the Cash tag in the name). You have all been warned!

more free money!!?!?!

you guys are to kind

You deserve some kind words from my favourite miner, Chandler Guo: https://twitter.com/ChandlerGuo/status/889146349710594049

So... Good luck everyone!

yonton

Activity: 854
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:27:51 AM

" Bitcoin will be the great, and to the moon "
Tmdz

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:40:19 AM

more free money!!?!?!

you guys are to kind

Those all shit coin.

Bitcoin Super cash Plus will rule all.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:00:06 AM

Those all shit coin.

Bitcoin Super cash Plus will rule all.

Bitcoin Unlimited Infinity Cash Token Plus 9000TM

It'll have 64 TB blocks. Transactions will be so fast they'll go back in time. Top that bitchez!
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:04:50 AM

Do not go longterm gold ROach (10-20 years), when the age of space mining starts gold and some other precious metals will be worthless.

If you're going to try and argue with me about metals, please have at least some primitive understanding of how the market works.

For people clueless about metals vs bitcoin:

The ESF naked shorts metals down capping them to like 5-10% above cost of production in order to try and contain them.  The vast majority of their cost of production is based on the oil price, so metals in this rigged market are almost like oil futures in practice.  Over the last 100 years we were arbing excess and cheap (basically free) energy into the extraction of these metals pulling out enormous amounts of them, far more than were mined in the Roman days.

The time has now come where we've used up most the low hanging fruit in energy and EROI is collapsing (energy return on investment) so this arb game is ending.  At the same time where EROI is collapsing, we are also reaching peak gold and peak silver at the same time.  For instance, you need to move something like twice as much earth on average in the year 2017 as in the year 2000 in order to get 1 oz of silver (not to mention they printed an enormous amount of money at the same time).

The holy trinity that will catapult metals to the moon is the combination of collapsing EROI, crashing metals content per ton of earth mined, and probable revaluation of metals by the CBs in the near future (gold to $10k+ and silver even higher percentage gains).  Cost of production to mine anything in space will be astronomical so you're wasting my time even mentioning it.  You might as well claim we will mine gold inside a black hole or alternate dimension. We would probably attempt to mine metals 2 miles under the ocean long before space but that is of course no threat to anyone buying at current prices.

The fourth piece of the puzzle is that debt based usury currencies require infinite growth to not collapse since the interest due is always higher than the principal.  Demographics have peaked in every nation that matters (the horn of Africa does not matter), and net energy production is flatlined with the cost of  that production rapidly rising due to collapsing EROI.  Since every action in an economy requires someone either doing something by hand or a machine doing it for them and burning fuel in the process, this means growth is over and all debt based currencies are 100% doomed to collapse.

Since the debt based currencies are doomed to collapse, they will be forced to either issue a non-debt based paper currency issued by the treasury like the greenback, or go back to a metals standard.  Either route will see the USD and all other fiats collapse in the process with metals skyrocketing, so metals win regardless.  There has likely never in all of human history been a more bullish time for metals (silver in particular) than this point right now.  

Bitcoin doesn't have good fundamentals to compete with gold and silver as a settlement layer (aka money or the base of Exter's pyramid) because it has built in rent seeking middlemen (transaction validators) and doesn't remove counter party risk.  It also doesn't have good fundamentals as a currency due to horrible scalability from a high redundancy, triple entry accounting design, so it's currently designed to fail at both tasks.  Someone would need to bring it back to the drawing board and completely redesign it as a high throughput currency and forget it ever competing with metals as a settlement layer to have some type of relevency.

Cryptocurrency is not fungible no matter what you do to it, and thus not possible to be money, only currency like dollars or airline miles:

Cryptocurrency is NOT fungible.  If anything about the protocol at all can be altered via a strongman or banana republic voting to take over it's exposed power vacuum it's not fungible.

Money = has objective, static traits

Currency = random arbitrary bullshit some guy makes up and constantly fiddles with like fiat or bitcoin. If it's possible for your money to "hard fork", or randomly morph from one thing to another, it's not fungible, and hence not money.

It doesn't matter if said forks are orchestrated by a banana republic of miners in a voting process. There is no Nash equilibrium in cryptocurrency, only a power vacuum to be filled by a top down hierarchy or strongman. To escape this master and servant hierarchy you have to use real money that cannot be altered or tampered with by third parties.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:19:19 AM

Hey r0ach, if you are going to keep spamming the thread with all that PM stuff, why don't you at least post something new and useful?

I mean, we all know what gold and silver are... it's just that we don't agree on its future prospect vs Bitcoin.

But, something useful like which sites do you recommend to buy gold and silver with Bitcoin (because I know you can buy PM's online with Bitcoin.... but can't do the opposite.. fun fact!).

Also how to avoid paying VAT on silver.... or if we have to pay customs or something.... you know, practical information that might come useful some day I am drunker than usual and decide to buy some.

Also if it is better to buy bars vs coins (Krugerrands maybe?), etc etc...

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:27:20 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 03:52:51 AM by bones261

Hey r0ach, if you are going to keep spamming the thread with all that PM stuff, why don't you at least post something new and useful?

I mean, we all know what gold and silver are... it's just that we don't agree on its future prospect vs Bitcoin.

But, something useful like which sites do you recommend to buy gold and silver with Bitcoin (because I know you can buy PM's online with Bitcoin.... but can't do the opposite.. fun fact!).

Also how to avoid paying VAT on silver.... or if we have to pay customs or something.... you know, practical information that might come useful some day I am drunker than usual and decide to buy some.

He's already stated in previous posts that he prefers buying silver Eagles. 2nd choice is Maples and for silver bars, he recommended Sunshine, I believe. Here's a sample of what I have acquired so far. (Not exactly what he has recommended. I can now buy 2 months worth of cigarettes after a financial crisis.)

I bought my goods at JM Bullion. Not sure if they are what R0ach would recommend, but so far, I'm satisfied with them.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:28:21 AM

which sites do you recommend to buy gold and silver with Bitcoin

http://silvergoldbull.com currently has the best deals if buying less than $10k at a time while http://www.jmbullion.com/ is same price with faster shipping if buyign $10k or more.  Both take bitcoin.

Also if it is better to buy bars vs coins, etc etc...

In terms of premiums and buy vs resale price, Canadian silver maple leafs are currently the best deal right now at this point in time because silver eagle premiums are up (demand spiked I guess).  Sunshine mint 10 oz bars and American silver eagles are currently the next best thing in terms of price vs resale liquidity.

Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3460
Merit: 4425

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:30:11 AM

Do not go longterm gold ROach (10-20 years), when the age of space mining starts gold and some other precious metals will be worthless.

If you're going to try and argue with me about metals, please have at least some primitive understanding of how the market works.

I'm talking about future space mining, what the effect will have on the price later on, not metals vs Bitcoin.

I appreciate youre explanation. btw i liked youre jew gifs Smiley
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayway...those bigblockers are all beeing played by Roger and Jihan.

They're like rats leaving there sinking ship to another sinking ship.

They shit on Bitcoin while XT was the best thing ever..

They shit on Bitcoin while Classic was the best thing ever..

They shit on Bitcoin while BU was the best thing ever..

They shit on Bitcoin while NChain was the greatest thing ever..

Few weeks ago Bitcoin ABC was the greatest thing ever while shitting on Bitcoin..

Now those noobs shitting on Bitcoin while Bitcoin Cash is the greatest thing ever..

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:33:47 AM

http://silvergoldbull.com currently has the best deals if buying less than $10k at a time while http://www.jmbullion.com/ is same price with faster shipping if buyign $10k or more.  Both take bitcoin.

I'll try http://silvergoldbull.com for my next small purchase.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 02:40:34 AM

Best value is to buy the tungsten directly in bars and cover it in gold yourself.

Though tungsten prices are rising due to demand for "gold bars".
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:46:55 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 03:07:24 AM by bitserve

Thanks!

Looking the catalog and prices of those sites. Not gonna buy anything just now... but I probably will when Bitcoin moons before end of year Smiley

ANyway... I don't believe in this shit as an investment but I think a 1KG silver bar would be a great collectible/decoration. Any reason most 1KG bars are UGLY AS FUCK? Why can't they even polish them properly?

@Elwar: Good for me I have always considered silver to be nicer than gold (maybe I have something against yellow, donno). Noone would bother to fake silver... Not worth it I guess.

P.S.: This jmbullion doesn't seem to ship outside the US. I am in SPAIN. Any other site recommendation?

More questions... Why some silver bars of the same weight have a price difference of like 15%???

Ie: THis one https://silvergoldbull.com/100-oz-royal-canadian-mint-new-style-silver-bar vs this one https://silvergoldbull.com/100-oz-johnson-and-matthey-vintage-silver-bar
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:54:07 AM

Best value is to buy the tungsten directly in bars and cover it in gold yourself.

Though tungsten prices are rising due to demand for "gold bars".

Gold and tungsten are EXTREMELY similar in things like the specific gravity test, which is one reason it seems a lot harder to fake silver than gold to me.  Things like the ping test seem to be more effective for silver as well, along with stuff like the magnet slide test and others.  Having said that, fake gold would still not pass the trained eye in the specific gravity test, nor the machines the bullion dealers run them through.  For the average man on the street though, it's really not hard to spot fake silver if you know what to look for, so fake metals are really not a problem at least in the silver market because it has a lot of unique traits to identify it.
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:09:08 AM

Who sold at the bottom?

Noone, it's obvious we all BOUGHT at the bottom... or do you think the price rises by itself? geez...

In every transaction there's a buyer and a seller.

For every coin bought at a bargain price during a dip, someone sold at a discount, whether it was from necessity or panic.

Most of the time the buyer is the exchange, not some dude like you who has a crystal ball.

This... (what Jimbo said) ... it is a good example of 'Karma'.

Basically one takes more and one gets less. Then the Universe needs to recalibrate!

And more concrete is that on markets it doesn't work like in other circumstances when the calibration of the energy you take form a place to another comes and has specific targeting. But... NO! ... It does not have any direction / target echolocation bullsh!t, like on the usual karma things. But on markets, that loss needs to be taken and drawn from somewhere else.

So basically as an example of what he just said is that the loser that sold at some displeasing value, will trigger some kind of 'unpleased/unsatisfied' emotion that he/she will spew it into the Universe like a sewer! Smiley ... And the one that got 'a bargain' will feel pleased, greedy and maybe will have a taste of feeling the need to spend!

But in a simple way put is that the one with a loss will feel the need to take from somewhere else to compensate, rebalance and recover. And the Universe will give them to balance the scale back to a neuter zone! While the one who gained will find ways to give back. And this doesn't mean necessarily "paying back" with the same 'currency', but with any kind of payment/sacrifice that the Universe asks of the destiny of those people! Smiley
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:34:10 AM

A couple which I trust with my coins are in my public service sig, and there you can trade both ways all the time until you do not take delivery of the phyzz.

edit: since my sig is censored in this thread they are vaultoro.com and bullionstar.com
Pages: « 1 ... 17218 17219 17220 17221 17222 17223 17224 17225 17226 17227 17228 17229 17230 17231 17232 17233 17234 17235 17236 17237 17238 17239 17240 17241 17242 17243 17244 17245 17246 17247 17248 17249 17250 17251 17252 17253 17254 17255 17256 17257 17258 17259 17260 17261 17262 17263 17264 17265 17266 17267 [17268] 17269 17270 17271 17272 17273 17274 17275 17276 17277 17278 17279 17280 17281 17282 17283 17284 17285 17286 17287 17288 17289 17290 17291 17292 17293 17294 17295 17296 17297 17298 17299 17300 17301 17302 17303 17304 17305 17306 17307 17308 17309 17310 17311 17312 17313 17314 17315 17316 17317 17318 ... 33466 »
  Print  

Jump to: