June 23, 2024, 07:11:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29391 29392 29393 29394 29395 29396 29397 29398 29399 29400 29401 29402 29403 29404 29405 29406 29407 29408 29409 29410 29411 29412 29413 29414 29415 29416 29417 29418 29419 29420 29421 29422 29423 29424 29425 29426 29427 29428 29429 29430 29431 29432 29433 29434 29435 29436 29437 29438 29439 29440 [29441] 29442 29443 29444 29445 29446 29447 29448 29449 29450 29451 29452 29453 29454 29455 29456 29457 29458 29459 29460 29461 29462 29463 29464 29465 29466 29467 29468 29469 29470 29471 29472 29473 29474 29475 29476 29477 29478 29479 29480 29481 29482 29483 29484 29485 29486 29487 29488 29489 29490 29491 ... 33473 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26405305 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 05:01:27 AM

Explanation
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 3133

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 05:06:31 AM

Good morning!
I'm back after a nice 11 hour sleep and some coffee.

After some early morning thinking I think I know what started my anger. It was Jimbo's impolite post where he, for no reason, called my thoughts "covid propaganda" and told me to move that "crap" to Bobs thread.
That triggered me, had his post been a normal polite post I would probably just have written a normal post about why I don't like that and then just gone to Bob's thread.

This in combination with my disappointment in Bob triggered my harsh wording, (although I don't think sissy and snowflake are particularly harsh words).

I always figured Bob to be someone who would stand up for free speech and fight against cancel culture and not cave in to snowflake behavior, instead he appeased the "snowflakes" and started a thread for the cancelled. I saw, (and still see) him as an enabler.
This made me very disappointed in him and made me loose a lot of my respect for him.
Having said that, it's not Bobs fault that he doesn't live up to my expectations, so I won't pick on him any further, but I won't be apologizing either, I still think he's an enabler.

During my morning thinking I also realized something about Jimbo, but that's for another occasion.

And by that I'm done with the Bob skirmish.

There's always at least one different view, on any topic. There's no harm done by trying to see it/them as well.
Peace of mind is nothing that is to be found, but it's something that has to be created.
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1831
Merit: 5568

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 05:22:54 AM

I saw, (and still see) him as an enabler.
This made me very disappointed in him and made me loose a lot of my respect for him.
There's always at least one different view, on any topic. There's no harm done by trying to see it/them as well.

For what it's worth, I'm disappointed with myself, too.

Not sure what I'm enabling, but just need to shrug this off as Arrie and myself not mixing together well.

To be honest, I don't care for or want anyone's respect. I'm just here to have fun. Kinda have a bit of a fresh perspective since taking a break from here and coming back.

I could be an Irishman with dwarfism, working as a foreign government plant, that's been tasked with interacting with this website as an information gathering OP for all you know.

I might even be a woman.

* BobLawblaw shrugs
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 05:31:39 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2021, 07:26:24 AM by aysg76
Merited by fillippone (2)

This is actually true for shitcoin holders Grin

Still better for him as it would probably provide him some income on regular basis but thinking doge is going to moon with fake hope is gonna get him nothing.

Edit : See he is far more happy in Amazon warehouse Job profile rather than holding memecoin which spills out the true reality in silence.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 05:52:21 AM

Good morning!

After some early morning thinking I think I know what started my anger. It was Jimbo's impolite post where he, for no reason, called my thoughts "covid propaganda" and told me to move that "crap" to Bobs thread.
That triggered me, had his post been a normal polite post I would probably just have written a normal post about why I don't like that and then just gone to Bob's thread.

This in combination with my disappointment in Bob triggered my harsh wording, (although I don't think sissy and snowflake are particularly harsh words).

I always figured Bob to be someone who would stand up for free speech and fight against cancel culture and not cave in to snowflake behavior, instead he appeased the "snowflakes" and started a thread for the cancelled. I saw, (and still see) him as an enabler.
Having said that, it's not Bobs fault that he doesn't live up to my expectations, so I won't pick on him any further, but I won't be apologizing either, I still think he's an enabler.

During my morning thinking I also realized something about Jimbo, but that's for another occasion.

Peace of mind is nothing that is to be found, but it's something that has to be created.

True, but it helps to be in the right environment.
When I moved from the city to the country I felt a piece of mind and a calmness I had never experienced before.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 05:53:55 AM

Not sure what I'm enabling, but just need to shrug this off as Arrie and myself not mixing together well.

To be honest, I don't care for or want anyone's respect. I'm just here to have fun. Kinda have a bit of a fresh perspective since taking a break from here and coming back.

I could be an Irishman with dwarfism, working as a foreign government plant, that's been tasked with interacting with this website as an information gathering OP for all you know.

I might even be a woman.

* BobLawblaw shrugs

That made me laugh out loud, literally.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 06:00:48 AM

I might even be a woman.

* BobLawblaw shrugs

With enabler I meant helping the cancel culture guys, enabling them to move views they don't like out of the WO. Maybe a poor choice of word.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 06:01:34 AM

Explanation
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 06:20:29 AM

You way of saying : "I snatched a bag of cocaine into my rectum through an airport and it leaked so I needed hospitalization from the OD!" Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

...and I thought I had a weird sense of humor....

...and i thought savetherainforest is on every WO's ignore list...

Your political agenda is just your opinion. Smiley  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10428

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 06:38:00 AM

What "majority", screaming the loudest doesn't make you a "majority".

English, use your english.

Who's screaming here?

I use English when playing pool... or at least I try.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 4328

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 06:47:21 AM
Merited by vapourminer (2), BobLawblaw (2), serveria.com (1)

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 07:01:29 AM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8054

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2021, 07:31:00 AM

Blockstream bought Spondoolies remnant (people in the know understand what I am talking about).
My concern is that Chinese would stop producing miners. Maybe Blockstream has something lined up.
SOMEONE should step in (Samsung?), the only question is ensuring financing, chip supply and assembly.
It is NOT very easy as all US producers were either bad or went bankrupt.

Miner production is the last aspect that poses a threat to Bitcoin: it is the last centralized aspect of Bitcoin.
A crackdown on ASICS producers and foundries could hurt the system.
But its'...transitory.
In the long run, markets will readjust and new producers would come in to take their slice of the profits.

IT'S HAPPENING!

https://twitter.com/documentingbtc/status/1442955263149887490?s=21

Sorry, in a long run we are all dead, so this argument does not fly very far.
No doubt some might come at some point, but where are they now?
Nobody apart from another Chinese company or two wanted to challenge Bitmain for mass miner production, although there were many billions at stake.
I am not sure why.

All 'investors' on this forum underappreciate the mining aspect and VERY often pooh-pooh it.
However with no miners production for a couple years, I assure you that the price will stagnate as well. Why? Because hashing power is one important aspect to which people always point as a sign of bitcoin network growth. If there would be no growth in hashing power, I fully expect that the price might stagnate as well.
The 'investor' class here might argue that it ain't so and mining reacts to price and not vice versa, but bitcoin network IS based on mining, so I would respectfully disagree with such opinions. Who knows, maybe the price is sniffing out this possibility.

TL;DR with no new miners there will be no significant bitcoin price appreciation (let's make it a proclamation #1).

very bold prediction.

“stagnation” much like the USA congress a lot of shouting and no real legislation.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 07:58:07 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2021, 08:13:53 AM by OutOfMemory
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1)

I might even be a woman.

* BobLawblaw shrugs

With enabler I meant helping the cancel culture guys, enabling them to move views they don't like out of the WO. Maybe a poor choice of word.

Yeah, we are usually faster with words than we're aware of the triggering emotions.
I can see valid points in both of your opinions. It's just that the underlying values seem to be very different.
Everybody is struggling with something, under the hood.  
This just affects all of our actions without us being aware.

For me, as an example, it's not fitting into this shitty society.
But here in WO it's different and that could well be the reason we're all still here.

Good morning!

True, but it helps to be in the right environment.
When I moved from the city to the country I felt a piece of mind and a calmness I had never experienced before.

Your environment is affecting us more than we are aware.
In the end, we're just not made to live our life like sardines in a tin box.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 08:01:26 AM

Explanation
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 12364

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 08:14:14 AM
Merited by d_eddie (1), bitcoinPsycho (1)

One can…. With a perfect scroll finger
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 4328

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 08:30:54 AM
Merited by Richy_T (1), OutOfMemory (1)

I think we're saying the same thing. Read the meme again.

My Ignore List is empty, and always will be. I hate Ignore Lists. They're like selective blindfolds, or tinted glasses. You don't see the whole picture, ugly as it may sometimes be. After all, everyone deserves a second chance, sometimes we act on emotion and may say the wrong thing, this doesn't make us unworthy of expressing an opinion, or unable to learn from our mistakes and revise our stance on things.

Ignore Lists are like mute buttons. I prefer to see everything and use my scroll wheel.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 08:40:32 AM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (2)

I think we're saying the same thing. Read the meme again.

My Ignore List is empty, and always will be. I hate Ignore Lists. They're like selective blindfolds, or tinted glasses. You don't see the whole picture, ugly as it may sometimes be. After all, everyone deserves a second chance, sometimes we act on emotion and may say the wrong thing, this doesn't make us unworthy of expressing an opinion, or unable to learn from our mistakes and revise our stance on things.

Ignore Lists are like mute buttons. I prefer to see everything and use my scroll wheel.

You're right there. I can't rant about society muting minorities and, at the same time, favor the ignore list.
I should read it all, and then decide each time if i want to get me involved. I let the ignore list silently steal this decision from me.
* OutOfMemory clearing his ignore list

EDIT: Now going on with this day IRL
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 08:48:26 AM

Now you sound like a BIG blocker nutjob who is selectively nitpicking the contents of my post and coming to garbage and selective interpretations. 

Effectively you are the one to downgrade this conversation, by insulting me in a way I didn’t think possible. Big blocker? Me? In other words, fuck you Jay.

I have been attempting to be descriptive of what is going on in terms of both 1st layer and 2nd layer, and I don't feel any need to argue my points beyond my already having had sufficiently made them.

Do you look in the mirror, when you type your replies? How is it that you miss the point - when you don’t agree with something?

If you believe that there is something wrong with bitcoin or its current trajectory that includes lightning developments and other second layer solutions, including its combination of solutions then you likely have some kind of burden to point that out. 

I didn’t say that, in fact, READ again what I said, then use WRITE to complete the process. Tongue

I was just pointing to your assertion that seemed to be suggesting that lightning might not be adding value and to assert that from my perspective, I see some value happening through some of those mechanisms.. lightning, liquid and perhaps some other ongoing bitcoin and bitcoin-related happenings.

We need something easy to work with, decentralized and censor-less if this is going to succeed en masse.

You might have to explain more, for whatever that is worth.

I will, promise, when I’m ready. I’ve had an idea for a couple of years, brewing and maturing, and I’m almost ready to share it.
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1831
Merit: 5568

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 08:54:45 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I get this point in theory.

In practice, time is opportunity cost. I want to maximize my funtime here, and part of that involves curating my experience, much like I do with muting/blocking accounts on Twitter (where I fucked off to, during my absence here)

There are some people I will never agree with, and don't care to read their opinions/content, because it literally is a waste of my time, and a net-negative in my life, so I prefer to curate my experience to optimize time.
Pages: « 1 ... 29391 29392 29393 29394 29395 29396 29397 29398 29399 29400 29401 29402 29403 29404 29405 29406 29407 29408 29409 29410 29411 29412 29413 29414 29415 29416 29417 29418 29419 29420 29421 29422 29423 29424 29425 29426 29427 29428 29429 29430 29431 29432 29433 29434 29435 29436 29437 29438 29439 29440 [29441] 29442 29443 29444 29445 29446 29447 29448 29449 29450 29451 29452 29453 29454 29455 29456 29457 29458 29459 29460 29461 29462 29463 29464 29465 29466 29467 29468 29469 29470 29471 29472 29473 29474 29475 29476 29477 29478 29479 29480 29481 29482 29483 29484 29485 29486 29487 29488 29489 29490 29491 ... 33473 »
  Print  

Jump to: