April 27, 2024, 09:09:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30441 30442 30443 30444 30445 30446 30447 30448 30449 30450 30451 30452 30453 30454 30455 30456 30457 30458 30459 30460 30461 30462 30463 30464 30465 30466 30467 30468 30469 30470 30471 30472 30473 30474 30475 30476 30477 30478 30479 30480 30481 30482 30483 30484 30485 30486 30487 30488 30489 30490 [30491] 30492 30493 30494 30495 30496 30497 30498 30499 30500 30501 30502 30503 30504 30505 30506 30507 30508 30509 30510 30511 30512 30513 30514 30515 30516 30517 30518 30519 30520 30521 30522 30523 30524 30525 30526 30527 30528 30529 30530 30531 30532 30533 30534 30535 30536 30537 30538 30539 30540 30541 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368534 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10165

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 08:09:21 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2022, 04:21:18 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1)

"Juanita Nihilism Troll"  Cheesy  Cheesy .. that should be your description man.  Grin  Grin

You are somewhat pathetic save the rf...

I mean what else more could you do to attempt to get attention?

Maybe create a kimichi scratch and sniff, perhaps?

Damn.. I have no more merits to give! Sad

You fuck!

#nohomo

[ 9x Cheesy ]

You are deflecting again. !!   .. And that means that: YOU ARE A JOURNALIST JUANITA !! Cheesy Cheesy

And attention seeking??  Huh  Shocked  Grin .. Good deflect. Smiley But I'm probably too self centered to give a f^&ck about an ego. But you care about yours.  Shocked  Cool

TBH.. my job is to spot deceptive f^cks l.ike you all day long. Stop trying to push a narrative. And I will stand against you and your mind games against the pure honest people of this forum.  Shocked  Shocked  Grin

You are a b!tch paid actor that jerks off on the weak hands that read this forum and dump to maintain the price of a hidden agenda of those that try to buy more. THEY SHOULD GET LESS .  Cool  Shocked  Angry  Grin

If you have accumulated enough during the years, you should tell your bosses to F^ck Off and move to some remote tropical chill place.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Have fun Juanita! .. I will always keep an eye on you.  Cool  Cool

In your recent posts, even skimming through your ramblings, you seem to have been somewhat in agreement with the message that there is value in gaining some stake in bitcoin... so for sure, any newbie in bitcoin has to determine how to get started exactly and then to create a somewhat reasonable approach towards building such BTC stake based upon his/her own assessment of his specific individual circumstances.

I doubt that anyone of us can push anyone towards how they engage in such early stages of BTC accumulation, even though DCA seems to be amongst the best of place holder approaches, and for sure lump sum investing and buying on dips can have some risks in terms of the possibility that the BTC price could go down before it goes up.  There are ways to balance all three approaches, but likely ONLY after some internal assessment of ones own individual circumstances which includes looking at cashflow, other investments, timeline, view of bitcoin as compared with other investments, risk tolerance and time, skills and abilities to plan, strategize and to learn along the way, which also may well involve tweaking strategies along the way, too.

There's also an element of determining establishing initial BTC stake - and then once achieving such initial BTC stake - which also could take a year or more to establish... then to determine how to manage such stake.. or to perhaps adjust the stake upon reassessments.  An initial stake could also involve putting 1% to 25% of overall investment portfolio value into BTC, and for sure the amounts are quite discretionary including that each individual might well end up having quite a different approach from another individual based on some minor differences in the individual circumstances (as I have already mentioned above).

Capisce?

"owning BTC is a winning strategy"  fuckin' aye it is... 100% , zero argument from me..

I am pretty much a permabull longterm for BTC, in case anyone forgot or didn't know, or it was not clear... but then , it is not religion, and it is ok to discuss what it is, isn't, could be, wont be , etc

It is ok, for someone to point out that someone is currently down on their investment, such is the nature of the beast, especially this beast, volatility is its middle name.... and one of the reasons we love it, embrace that shit.

ps, for all we know the buyer was one of the sellers in the $67K+ region Wink  

One thing you'll notice, unlike over on /wallstreetbets where the ape knuckle draggers actually whine and revel in being down/losing on their stupid bets, we .... don't do that here on the WO. Because investing in bitcoin is all about long term #winning. It's all about sucking it up, putting on your big boy pants, and playing the long game.

I am not in complete agreement here.   I do agree that whining is not productive, because surely we need to take responsibility over whatever approach that we took.

I would imagine that anyone with a lot of capital who heavily invested in BTC with a lump sum approach upon a price rise (or near our current ATH) should realize that there is quite a bit of risk in that kind of an approach.

I am guilty of starting my BTC investing towards the top of the late 2013 BTC price rise, so I know how it can feel to start investing towards the top.  

For sure, I got razzed a lot about my initial BTC purchase in late 2013 that was at $1,200 (and the BTC price on stamp had ONLY gone to $1,163, so I had started buying at higher than the top - based on fees, etc).

For me, when I first got into BTC, I had established an initial 6 month budget, so I had a limit in how much I could spend each week on bitcoin purchases (which was about 1/26) of the whole 6-month budget, and I will admit that when I was first examining getting started with my first BTC purchase, I was a bit anxious about getting some kind of a stake in BTC, so on that first BTC purchase, I spent more than 1/26 of my whole budget, and in that first BTC purchase, I had spend close to 1/20 of my whole 6 month budget just to make that first purchase, which would have been spending more than 1 weeks allowance (authorization to buy 1/26 of the 6-month budget per each week). because to some extent, I wanted to frontload a little bit of my initial investing into BTC approach in order to get some kind of a seemingly meaningful and significant stake in the BTC game (get off of zero, in other words)....

So there are ways to deal with some level of overexuberance that any of us might feel from time to time (which has been come to be known as FOMO), and of course, I would be able to understand that even for me, it would have been more stressful to have had lump sum invested into BTC and for example, if I had blown my whole 6 month budget in late 2013 at around $1,200 per BTC right from the start. and not had any cashflow available to buy more BTC for that whole time that BTC prices continued to go down until after the 6 months had passed.. .which sometimes it is the case that if you spend all the money in your authorized amount, you have no more money to spend (absent some kind of a rethinking and reauthorization - which might be another hurdle to get passed for anyone with either rational thinking or anyone who may actually have physical/fisical limitations in the action money/credit that they might even be able to get at any point in time), and then at that point if I would have blown my whole 6 month wadd, I would have to reassess if I have more in my budget or not for the subsequent 6 months (if that were the case that my initial investment amount was my whole investment budget for those 6 months)....  

Living with consequences of decisions surely should be a part of any reasonable adult investor's disposition, and formulating back up plans surely would be better than whining.  Whining surely is not a very respected trait in these parts, even if many of us realize (even through personal experiences) that sometimes mistakes are made along the way.  I get a bit skeptical of some of the posters who actually attempt to present their own BTC investing history as if they had not made any mistakes along the way, and maybe mistakes are as inevitable as BTC price volatility.. hahahahahaha.. Actually, I might be exaggerating, because there is a whole hell of a lot of variance in the level and kinds of mistakes that are made - and I suppose part of my argument remains that there continue to be ways in which any of us should be able to plan and to strategize in ways to lessen the magnitude, frequency and even impact of the mistakes that we do likely inevitably make along the way in order that we do not reach the level of "whining" when we are assessing what we did, what we are doing, what we could have done better and how we might tweak what we are planning to do in order to learn along the way, including learning from our mistakes - and hoping that our mistakes our not so BIG that we get put out of the game - or are irreversibly negatively impacted from them.

Edited:  Added some clarification and substantive fleshing out - especially in the last two paragraphs
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 08:58:40 AM

This man here bought 18,600 BTCs at $63k.
Current Loss: -404,775,658.1 USD
[...]
https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/address/3K5dmrkBMS8ZVgERMLwiw7PJuG8GWTbo8e

what so we are r/bitcoinbets now?

No , wall observer.

Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Economics > Speculation (n memes n shit)

........ and not under "religion"

Naaah we all just BTCdramaQueens

But that’s the fun side of it

Love it

The dude nails it, again  Grin
Thanks for inspiration of my new avatar subtext.
NoorulHuda

Activity: 196
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 09:22:12 AM

El Salvador’s Bid for Bitcoin Bonds Sinking as IMF Deal 'Practically Dead': Former Central Bank President
https://decrypt.co/98216/el-salvador-bitcoin-bonds-imf-deal-practically-dead
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 10:03:30 AM

Explanation
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3424
Merit: 4344

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 11:08:14 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Bitcoin-Backed Mortgages Are Coming. Here’s What That Means for Buyers.

Buying a house with Bitcoin as collateral may soon be possible as crypto startups try to crack the $2.6 trillion mortgage market.

A start-up called Milo started offering 30-year mortgages backed by cryptocurrencies in March. The company is working with more than 700 potential borrowers on pre-approvals and has made $5 million to $10 million in loans, CEO Josip Rupena said in an interview with Barron’s.

“This is a live product and we’re breaking away,” he said.

Borrowers can use Bitcoin, ether, or stablecoins as collateral for a loan. Stablecoins are digital currencies designed to maintain a fixed $1 price. Milo will accept the USD Coin, Gemini Dollar, and Terra stablecoins, Rupena said.

That isn’t the only unconventional aspect of a crypto loan. Milo says it will extend credit for up to 100% of the purchase price if someone has enough cryptocurrency. Someone aiming to buy a house for $500,000, for instance, could pledge $500,000 worth of Bitcoin as collateral to Milo, which would then provide the cash to close the deal with the seller.

Rates for its 30-year mortgages range from 3.95% to 5.95% and the loan may be repaid to Milo in crypto or dollars.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2022, 11:14:36 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2022, 11:27:09 AM by philipma1957
Merited by ImThour (2)

This man here bought 18,600 BTCs at $63k.
Current Loss: -404,775,658.1 USD

https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin/address/3K5dmrkBMS8ZVgERMLwiw7PJuG8GWTbo8e
What you posted is a lie.

As others have already pointed out, "current loss" is irrelevant. Like OutOfMemory, a friend of mine bought at the very top of 2017 (at just under $20k). He was "currently losing" for the entire 3 years that followed. But he was smart and did not sell. Since December 2020 he is in "current gain" mode... In fact, there is no real gain or loss, since he has never sold a single sat.

Whoever bought the above 18,600 BTC is smart AF.

Yep and ImThour's statement is 100% incorrect at this moment in time. Since he said currently losing and he is not currently losing a dime.

Thanks for your feedback, I meant to say unrealized loss.
I have edited the post with the correct word usage.
I know he's going to HODL it and I mean he should. Smiley

Thank you

I appreciate it.

When and if BTC reaches 189k he will be up 2.3bill with an unrealized gain of course.

as 18 x 63 =     1.134 bill

and 18 x 189 = 3.402 bill

he can then sell 1.701 bill worth so that after taxes he would be close to the 1.134 bill he put in and also have 9000 btc worth 1.701 bill at no  cost.

Lets hope we can revisit post this before 2025 and find it to be true.

Please note slight edit due to a spell check error
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2493

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 11:17:08 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Torque (1)

Of course this has been approved.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/uk-court-approves-extradition-julian-101925783.html

It probably was approved EXACTLY at the same time when the US president's son snorted coke from a whore's asshole whilst the whore was paid for by US taxpayers' money and whilst the UK's Chancellor of the Exchequer's wife started another tax avoidance scheme which claims she doesn't live on the planet for the foreseeable future.

Roll Eyes

cygan
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 7705

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2022, 11:20:58 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2023, 05:02:10 PM by cygan

savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 11:28:09 AM

"Juanita Nihilism Troll"  Cheesy  Cheesy .. that should be your description man.  Grin  Grin

You are somewhat pathetic save the rf...

I mean what else more could you do to attempt to get attention?

Maybe create a kimichi scratch and sniff, perhaps?

Damn.. I have no more merits to give! Sad

You fuck!

#nohomo

[ 9x Cheesy ]

You are deflecting again. !!   .. And that means that: YOU ARE A JOURNALIST JUANITA !! Cheesy Cheesy

And attention seeking??  Huh  Shocked  Grin .. Good deflect. Smiley But I'm probably too self centered to give a f^&ck about an ego. But you care about yours.  Shocked  Cool

TBH.. my job is to spot deceptive f^cks l.ike you all day long. Stop trying to push a narrative. And I will stand against you and your mind games against the pure honest people of this forum.  Shocked  Shocked  Grin

You are a b!tch paid actor that jerks off on the weak hands that read this forum and dump to maintain the price of a hidden agenda of those that try to buy more. THEY SHOULD GET LESS .  Cool  Shocked  Angry  Grin

If you have accumulated enough during the years, you should tell your bosses to F^ck Off and move to some remote tropical chill place.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Have fun Juanita! .. I will always keep an eye on you.  Cool  Cool

In your recent posts, even skimming through your ramblings, you seem to have been somewhat in agreement with the message that there is value in gaining some stake in bitcoin... so for sure, any newbie in bitcoin has to determine how to get started exactly and then to create a somewhat reasonable approach towards building such BTC stake based upon his/her own assessment of his specific individual circumstances.

I doubt that anyone of us can push anyone towards how they engage in such early stages of BTC accumulation, even though DCA seems to be amongst the best of place holder approaches, and for sure lump sum investing and buying on dips can have some risks in terms of the possibility that the BTC price could go down before it goes up.  There are ways to balance all three approaches, but likely ONLY after some internal assessment of ones own individual circumstances which includes looking at cashflow, other investments, timeline, view of bitcoin as compared with other investments, risk tolerance and time, skills and abilities to plan, strategize and to learn along the way, which also may well involve tweaking strategies along the way, too.

There's also an element of determining establishing initial BTC stake - and then once achieving such initial BTC stake - which also could take a year or more to establish... then to determine how to manage such stake.. or to perhaps adjust the stake upon reassessments.  An initial stake could also involve putting 1% to 25% of overall investment portfolio value into BTC, and for sure the amounts are quite discretionary including that each individual might well end up having quite a different approach from another individual based on some minor differences in the individual circumstances (as I have already mentioned above).

Capisce?

NO !! to "Capisce?" ... !! I had a bit till the brink while reading that techno babble and thought you were gonna start talking about reverse lending and how the importance of the federal banks sustain the integrity and the blood sucking stock markets is a hallmark to humanitarian goals in sustainability.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Are you f^cking kidding me?? Stop spewing negativity ! There is no risk in BTCiTcoin. I bought long ago and now I'm over 200x . And for those that buy small amounts, who gives a sh!t about those people?! .. Your 'techno babble' caters to someone that might actually 'invest' and would have a more substantial manifestation in that said investment.

SO F^CK YOU Juanita and your toxicity. Cheesy Cheesy
.... I WANT YOU TO SHOUT FROM ROOF TOPS : THERE IS NO RISK IN BTCiTCOIN !! !! !! !

Stop spewing excuses for deterring people from investing. Excuses like "cashflow", "other investments", "timeline", "individual circumstances".

THIS IS SPARTA!

THIS IS BTCiTCOIN!

You buy and you share it with your family if you DIE !! ! ! ! !

BTCiTcoin is not a greedy thing for greedy people. BTCiTcoin is communism and sharing.

Those that joined the club out of greed, they are in for the wrong reasons. Karma will come and it will come with bells & whistles.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

There is no risk in BTCiTcoin if you are not greedy and have no greedy intentions.  Grin  Grin .. You are safe.  Cheesy  Cheesy

"Capisce?"

(and I love kimchi)  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1512

Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 11:41:35 AM

$42,000.
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2066

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 11:43:52 AM

$42,000.

43k in one hour
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 11:50:37 AM

You jinxed it.
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 11:53:57 AM

I said in one hour . It's only been 8 minutes  Wink
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 12:00:08 PM

Thank you

I appreciate it.

When and if BTC reaches 189k he will be up 2.3bill with an unrealized gain of course.

as 18 x 63 =     1.134 bill

and 18 x 189 = 3.402 bill

he can then sell 1.701 bill worth so that after taxes he would be close to the 1.134 bill he put in and also have 9000 btc worth 1.701 bill at no  cost.

I clearly understand that part and I am sure no one can time the market correctly but don't mind me, there are various on-chain analysis which do provide some information on when to buy and sell Bitcoin.
Maybe because 18,500 BTC is a really big amount (atleast for me), I am feeling he should have DCAed it down for a month or 2 but anyways, everyone have a different game plan to play this game.

I personally believe that period close to halving is the best fucking buying opportunity for the upcoming years.

I would love to buy BTC at $50k at halving rather than buying it at $42k today in between the cycle.
As I said earlier, everyone got a different game plan however the goal is same, financial freedom. BTC

ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 12:01:16 PM

Yea, you jinxed it. Now it won't go above $42,999, that's what I meant.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 12:03:39 PM

Explanation
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 12:04:38 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

Sorry but I don't possess that type of power. I can only see the future
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 12:09:56 PM

Okay boss, you still have 34 minutes to prove this. $43k it is.
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 12:28:27 PM

Lol hope so
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 12:40:53 PM

Lol hope so
Great, I don't know what future you saw but we went up by $100, not $1000.
I doubt this too -> $120000 by 2023 confirmed 🍄💊
Pages: « 1 ... 30441 30442 30443 30444 30445 30446 30447 30448 30449 30450 30451 30452 30453 30454 30455 30456 30457 30458 30459 30460 30461 30462 30463 30464 30465 30466 30467 30468 30469 30470 30471 30472 30473 30474 30475 30476 30477 30478 30479 30480 30481 30482 30483 30484 30485 30486 30487 30488 30489 30490 [30491] 30492 30493 30494 30495 30496 30497 30498 30499 30500 30501 30502 30503 30504 30505 30506 30507 30508 30509 30510 30511 30512 30513 30514 30515 30516 30517 30518 30519 30520 30521 30522 30523 30524 30525 30526 30527 30528 30529 30530 30531 30532 30533 30534 30535 30536 30537 30538 30539 30540 30541 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: