April 30, 2024, 11:25:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 11131 11132 11133 11134 11135 11136 11137 11138 11139 11140 11141 11142 11143 11144 11145 11146 11147 11148 11149 11150 11151 11152 11153 11154 11155 11156 11157 11158 11159 11160 11161 11162 11163 11164 11165 11166 11167 11168 11169 11170 11171 11172 11173 11174 11175 11176 11177 11178 11179 11180 [11181] 11182 11183 11184 11185 11186 11187 11188 11189 11190 11191 11192 11193 11194 11195 11196 11197 11198 11199 11200 11201 11202 11203 11204 11205 11206 11207 11208 11209 11210 11211 11212 11213 11214 11215 11216 11217 11218 11219 11220 11221 11222 11223 11224 11225 11226 11227 11228 11229 11230 11231 ... 33307 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26369610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:32:20 PM

This video appears to show a MyCoin.hk convention in 2014:
http://my.tv.sohu.com/us/201860874/69946081.shtml

Given the number of atendees in that event, the claim of 3000 victims now seems more credible.

The gray-haired Westerner may be William Dennis Atwood, the director of the parent company who seem to have left shortly before MyCoin.hk collapsed.  
20 tables with 12 chairs each

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:33:41 PM

Given the number of atendees in that event, the claim of 3000 victims now seems more credible.

The gray-haired Westerner may be William Dennis Atwood, the director of the parent company who seem to have left shortly before MyCoin.hk collapsed.  

The CCB reports that 43 investors between the ages of 21 and 71 years old lost anywhere between HK$50,000 to HK$15m each when the exchange ceased operations. Such estimates would place the total consumer loss at HK$63m, or $8.12m at press time.

http://www.coindesk.com/mycoin-hong-kong-police-8-1-million/

Just a little off from previously reported 387$M.....  Cheesy
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:38:33 PM

Ah, thought so. Here you go

Some pretty large buys going on.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:42:32 PM

The CCB reports that 43 investors between the ages of 21 and 71 years old lost anywhere between HK$50,000 to HK$15m each when the exchange ceased operations. Such estimates would place the total consumer loss at HK$63m, or $8.12m at press time.

http://www.coindesk.com/mycoin-hong-kong-police-8-1-million/

Just a little off from previously reported 387$M.....  Cheesy

talk about being way off
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:46:12 PM

^
Yep.  As cons go, Bitcoin's pretty much spent.  Just penny-ante scams left, and even those are cashing out Sad
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:51:35 PM

as i said...it was about the quote...i didnt even care about the picture
"We all remember the soviet advance into Ukraine and into Germany very well. This has to be prevented and nobody has the right to rewrite the results of the second world war." (c) Jazenjuk...this was also only one point...this happened at an interview with the ARD (the main public german tv channel...i dont know if you have anything similar in the usa)...my point was that things like these happened a lot in the last months but there is no public discussion about it...the same with odessa where they trapped people in a building and set it on fire...whoever came out got shot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4dJRnI-X8Q   how do you reply to this...is this a made up lie for you?

I wasn't there. But as far as I can gather Russia attacked Ukraine, people got angry, shit happened. If you think you have figured it all out from that video then good for you. I do know that people were a bit on edge in that region because there were rumors that Russia would try to send provocateurs to Transnistria through there. I don't know why Russia would do that (Transnistria is very pro-russian as it is), but that was the rumor.

it's good that you finally admit that you have no idea what is going on there...it is just one video...yes...this is why i said i am into this topic for months and it is not explainable in a board as a sidetopic...(actually it is about a year especially the ukraine problem, i didn't consider the maidan movement a real threat in the beginning)...anyway...since you don't want to get to gain more knowledge about that topic, we can talk about bitcoin again

Yeez, ok. You have a funny way of "gaining knowledge". You seem so hooked up on reading between the lines that you can't make out what the text actually says. If you look up the parties of the current government on wikipedia you will find what those parties stand for. That is why they were elected and that is what the people want. If some of those politicians are secretly assholes then they will be no different from any other political party in the world. I even showed you a video that showed that the prime ministers salute was an innocent hand gesture and you proceeded to moan on about the text under that same picture I had just proved to be propaganda even when I had asked you several times to be more critical of your sources. Another thing, people say stupid things all the time, you have to look at the whole picture. Yes, there are nazis in Ukraine, of course they run front and center when Russia invades Ukraine. Yes, Yatsenyuks comments about Germany during the second world war is a massive brain fart.

Ukraine was pulled out of one of the worst humanitarian catastrophes in the world until then into another. They struggle to paint it black and white. The greatest farming nation in Europe had to suffer a famine that cost between 2.5 and 7.5 million deaths because of soviet policies. And soviet death squads rolled up in trucks to shoot anyone who made any resistance. After this the germans were viewed with different eyes by many ukranians than in other countries. Ironically Ukraine was one the countries that were hardest hit by the german terror, and it didn't make it better that a significant portion of ukranians were collaborators. And after the ukranian independence they have have tended to focus more on their role as victim than their many collaborators. That makes them ignorant in this regard, but not nazis. I hope the new democratic Ukraine will take a harder look at their past, but that is not the most pressing matter today.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:59:34 PM

20 tables with 12 chairs each

Indeed, so far there are 43 confirmed victims. 

Maybe there will be a 100 or so in total.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 06:59:58 PM

Coin
Explanation
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:05:07 PM

I think that most ppl always overestimate the change that will occur in the next few years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten.

Yup. 

Fixed the time frame.
razorramon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

BILIBIT.IO -1st Decentralized Token in Philippines

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:08:19 PM

"We all remember the soviet advance into Ukraine and into Germany very well. This has to be prevented and nobody has the right to rewrite the results of the second world war." (c) Jazenjuk...this was also only one point...this happened at an interview with the ARD (the main public german tv channel...i dont know if you have anything similar in the usa)...my point was that things like these happened a lot in the last months but there is no public discussion about it...the same with odessa where they trapped people in a building and set it on fire...whoever came out got shot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4dJRnI-X8Q   how do you reply to this...is this a made up lie for you?

I wasn't there. But as far as I can gather Russia attacked Ukraine, people got angry, shit happened. If you think you have figured it all out from that video then good for you. I do know that people were a bit on edge in that region because there were rumors that Russia would try to send provocateurs to Transnistria through there. I don't know why Russia would do that (Transnistria is very pro-russian as it is), but that was the rumor.

it's good that you finally admit that you have no idea what is going on there...it is just one video...yes...this is why i said i am into this topic for months and it is not explainable in a board as a sidetopic...(actually it is about a year especially the ukraine problem, i didn't consider the maidan movement a real threat in the beginning)...anyway...since you don't want to get to gain more knowledge about that topic, we can talk about bitcoin again

Yeez, ok. You have a funny way of "gaining knowledge". You seem so hooked up on reading between the lines that you can't make out what the text actually says. If you look up the parties of the current government on wikipedia you will find what those parties stand for. That is why they were elected and that is what the people want. If some of those politicians are secretly assholes then they will be no different from any other political party in the world. I even showed you a video that showed that the prime ministers salute was an innocent hand gesture and you proceeded to moan on about the text under that same picture I had just proved to be propaganda even when I had asked you several times to be more critical of your sources. Another thing, people say stupid things all the time, you have to look at the whole picture. Yes, there are nazis in Ukraine, of course they run front and center when Russia invades Ukraine. Yes, Yatsenyuks comments about Germany during the second world war is a massive brain fart.

Ukraine was pulled out of one of the worst humanitarian catastrophes in the world until then into another. They struggle to paint it black and white. The greatest farming nation in Europe had to suffer a famine that cost between 2.5 and 7.5 million deaths because of soviet policies. And soviet death squads rolled up in trucks to shoot anyone who made any resistance. After this the germans were viewed with different eyes by many ukranians than in other countries. Ironically Ukraine was one the countries that were hardest hit by the german terror, and it didn't make it better that a significant portion of ukranians were collaborators. And after the ukranian independence they have have tended to focus more on their role as victim than their many collaborators. That makes them ignorant in this regard, but not nazis. I hope the new democratic Ukraine will take a harder look at their past, but that is not the most pressing matter today.
you are not getting my point...just let it rest...ok? this is not worldpoliticstalk.org anyway
Wary

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Who's there?

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:39:19 PM

@fatman. It makes no sense to talk about it anyway. I said it took me months to know what i know. I read in Every Direction. This is fucked. And i can assure You that giving the kiev leaders weapons will not soften that Problem.
Why are they the ukrainian leaders? Half of the country was not even allowed to vote
Nothing personal, but after months of reading you are further from the truth that you was before it. If you assume that you know absolutely nothing about EU, Germany, Greece, USA, Russia and Ukraine, you would be closer to the truth than you are now.

There are two prerequisites to reading about money/politics:
1. You have to assume that most of what you are reading is a lie. It can be the lie the author believes in himself, like it's with Marxism, Christianity or democracy, but it is lie nerveless.
2. You should be able to tell a lie from the truth. It's not that easy as it seems. You enemy are not outside only - your biggest enemy is your own desire to believe in what you want to be truth.

I can't tell about myself, but most of people lack these prerequisites and fall easy prey to all kinds of bastards, that feeding them with all kinds of lies, to get their money/support. I'm afraid, you are among their victims.

tl;dr; The books/articles you are reading are poisoned. Unless you are immune to poisons, just keep away from them!
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:43:30 PM

@fatman. It makes no sense to talk about it anyway. I said it took me months to know what i know. I read in Every Direction. This is fucked. And i can assure You that giving the kiev leaders weapons will not soften that Problem.
Why are they the ukrainian leaders? Half of the country was not even allowed to vote
Nothing personal, but after months of reading you are further from the truth that you was before it. If you assume that you know absolutely nothing about EU, Germany, Greece, USA, Russia and Ukraine, you would be closer to the truth than you are now.

1. You have to assume that most of what you are reading is a lie. It can be the lie the author believes in himself, like it's with Marxism, Christianity or democracy, but it is lie nerveless.
2. You should be able to tell a lie from the truth. It's not that easy as it seems. You enemy are not outside only - your biggest enemy is your own desire to believe in what you want to be truth.

I can't tell about myself, but most of people lack these prerequisites and fall easy prey to all kinds of bastards, that feeding them with all kinds of lies, to get their money/support. I'm afraid, you are among their victims.

tl;dr; The books/articles you are reading are poisoned. Unless you are immune to poisons, just keep away from them!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes wow
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:48:05 PM

you are not getting my point...just let it rest...ok? this is not worldpoliticstalk.org anyway

I don't accept your point. I disagree with you. If you want to think that means that I don't get it, then you're welcome to do so.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:53:34 PM

Lucrative buying opportunity, bulls.  Last chance to etc., etc.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 07:59:51 PM

Coin
Explanation
octaft

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:01:30 PM

I'm curious what books/articles you'd recommend, if there are any.
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:03:44 PM

We´re going down!

BULLISH!
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:04:45 PM

Looks like we're finally going down
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:05:31 PM

Looks like we're finally going down

Hmmm.... bullish
NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 08:06:03 PM

Would be nice if it could finally break down and break $210 but I'm afriad there is no momentum yet, in 4 days minimum it should happen for sure tho.
Pages: « 1 ... 11131 11132 11133 11134 11135 11136 11137 11138 11139 11140 11141 11142 11143 11144 11145 11146 11147 11148 11149 11150 11151 11152 11153 11154 11155 11156 11157 11158 11159 11160 11161 11162 11163 11164 11165 11166 11167 11168 11169 11170 11171 11172 11173 11174 11175 11176 11177 11178 11179 11180 [11181] 11182 11183 11184 11185 11186 11187 11188 11189 11190 11191 11192 11193 11194 11195 11196 11197 11198 11199 11200 11201 11202 11203 11204 11205 11206 11207 11208 11209 11210 11211 11212 11213 11214 11215 11216 11217 11218 11219 11220 11221 11222 11223 11224 11225 11226 11227 11228 11229 11230 11231 ... 33307 »
  Print  

Jump to: