May 06, 2024, 12:40:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 11133 11134 11135 11136 11137 11138 11139 11140 11141 11142 11143 11144 11145 11146 11147 11148 11149 11150 11151 11152 11153 11154 11155 11156 11157 11158 11159 11160 11161 11162 11163 11164 11165 11166 11167 11168 11169 11170 11171 11172 11173 11174 11175 11176 11177 11178 11179 11180 11181 11182 [11183] 11184 11185 11186 11187 11188 11189 11190 11191 11192 11193 11194 11195 11196 11197 11198 11199 11200 11201 11202 11203 11204 11205 11206 11207 11208 11209 11210 11211 11212 11213 11214 11215 11216 11217 11218 11219 11220 11221 11222 11223 11224 11225 11226 11227 11228 11229 11230 11231 11232 11233 ... 33325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372624 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
bad trader

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:42:15 PM

I'm pretty sure this was a bear raid or price pumpers dumping. No reason for a legitimate seller to suddenly dump when there are apparent large buys going on (on Bitstamp).
Whale sells a small amount at market to incite panic/hit stops, lemmings sell into his walls = instant long position at lower average price than he would have gotten buying higher up, where he risks slippage and aggressive selling into his buying. At the same time it gives a false impression as to the direction of the market.
Yes, that's pretty much what I meant by bear raid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:42:28 PM

what is your opinion on grexit? is it going to happen? will they let us leave eurozone? and if so, will this affect the price of bitcoin?

Nobody wants a grexit, not even Syriza. But something has to give soon, if Greece gets IMF on their side it might be difficult for the creditor nations to resist some kind of debt relief, but what form and what size is impossible to know right now.

Grexit will happen because there are three outcomes and grexit is the not the worst case scenario for either side. Possibilities:
1)Greek bank run with no bail-out leading to collapse of economy and government
2) Writedowns/write offs of Greek debt leading several other countries to re-negotiate austerity terms and massive losses to sovereign debt-holders.
3)  Grexit.

It's going to happen. The only real question is "when?"

You are assuming that the EU or Greece will choose the less bad option. Ballsy!

A more likely reason why there can be a grexit is simply because everyone fucks up and are forced to accept a grexit that nobody wants. That would be politics european style!
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:49:08 PM

what is your opinion on grexit? is it going to happen? will they let us leave eurozone? and if so, will this affect the price of bitcoin?

Nobody wants a grexit, not even Syriza. But something has to give soon, if Greece gets IMF on their side it might be difficult for the creditor nations to resist some kind of debt relief, but what form and what size is impossible to know right now.

Grexit will happen because there are three outcomes and grexit is the not the worst case scenario for either side. Possibilities:
2) Writedowns/write offs of Greek debt leading several other countries to re-negotiate austerity terms and massive losses to sovereign debt-holders.
3)  Grexit.

the EU's new round of QE is a round of desperation. The problem seems to be that the greeks are publicly admitting they are bankrupt and they cannot pay their debt. If they continue the road they are on with austerities then the greek people will suffer for years and years and possibly even more years. If the greeks default then everyone holding their debt will lose. If the EU gives in to restructuring greek debt without austerities then other EU countries will want the same treatment. If the greek exit the EU then we will could start to see a stampede out of the EU by other countries facing the same problems. I think we are watching the start of the world economic crisis.

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 08:55:23 PM

3)  Grexit.

A more likely reason why there can be a grexit is simply because everyone fucks up and are forced to accept a grexit that nobody wants. That would be politics european style!

The fuck-up is not knowing the difference between what you want and a realistic expectation. Greece is out. The disaster for the EU would be if Greece leaves and is better off as a result. Then you're going to see a great unraveling of your whole experiment. What you should want and hope happens is that Greece suffers mightily. It's the only way your other deadbeat countries will stay in line.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:59:51 PM

Coin
Explanation
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:00:35 PM

If, however there is a grexit, some might decide to move their money into Bitcoin just make sure that neither the greek government nor the EU can get control over them.

Knowing little about this topic and giving significantly less fucks than any of you discussing it, I must say it makes it hard to take your (the collective) opinions seriously when you all say shit like this (although I never take BJA seriously, to be honest). To an outside observer, the question becomes are you knowledgeable, or are you falling victim to confirmation bias/trusting only certain sources because this is what you WANT to happen because it benefits you.

BTW, IMO it's pretty loathsome behavior to hope for economic collapses -- with no regard for the lives it would destroy -- just so you can (maybe) make a few extra bucks off your BTC.
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:03:33 PM

BTW, IMO it's pretty loathsome behavior to hope for economic collapses -- with no regard for the lives it would destroy -- just so you can (maybe) make a few extra bucks off your BTC.

You must be new in here?
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:04:27 PM

3)  Grexit.

the EU's new round of QE is a round of desperation. The problem seems to be that the greeks are publicly admitting they are bankrupt and they cannot pay their debt. If they continue the road they are on with austerities then the greek people will suffer for years and years and possibly even more years. If the greeks default then everyone holding their debt will lose. If the EU gives in to restructuring greek debt without austerities then other EU countries will want the same treatment. If the greek exit the EU then we will could start to see a stampede out of the EU by other countries facing the same problems. I think we are watching the start of the world economic crisis.

If they "restructure" the debt of especially Greece and Portugal to a point where the debts are realistically manageable, the EU might avoid a recession which would be far more costly than any concessions they can possibly make to those two countries.

However, to your last point: I fear so too. The German Juggernaut and their north european co-creditors are not ready to make sufficient concessions. They have been spending the last seven years showing their own population how tough and ruthless they can be to Greece instead of preparing them for a situation where concessions might be needed. That kind of irrational shortsightedness might have already sent us off the cliff.
octaft

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:06:56 PM

You must be new in here?

Oh no, believe me I know, but I figure if I can stop even one person from following in the footsteps of that retard BJA, it was all worth it.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 09:07:31 PM

Finally someone around here gets it. There is no way out. The Banksters who run the world have painted themselves into a corner.
Wary

Activity: 798

Who's there?

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:10:53 PM

@fatman. It makes no sense to talk about it anyway. I said it took me months to know what i know. I read in Every Direction. This is fucked. And i can assure You that giving the kiev leaders weapons will not soften that Problem.
Why are they the ukrainian leaders? Half of the country was not even allowed to vote
Nothing personal, but after months of reading you are further from the truth that you was before it. If you assume that you know absolutely nothing about EU, Germany, Greece, USA, Russia and Ukraine, you would be closer to the truth than you are now.

There are two prerequisites to reading about money/politics:
1. You have to assume that most of what you are reading is a lie. It can be the lie the author believes in himself, like it's with Marxism, Christianity or democracy, but it is lie nerveless.
2. You should be able to tell a lie from the truth. It's not that easy as it seems. You enemy are not outside only - your biggest enemy is your own desire to believe in what you want to be truth.

I can't tell about myself, but most of people lack these prerequisites and fall easy prey to all kinds of bastards, that feeding them with all kinds of lies, to get their money/support. I'm afraid, you are among their victims.

tl;dr; The books/articles you are reading are poisoned. Unless you are immune to poisons, just keep away from them!

I'm curious what books/articles you'd recommend, if there are any.
The key is not specific books, but being immune to poison. With the immuinity, you can read everything. Without it, no source is safe for you.
Most of people have no immunity. For them the best solution is MYOB. That's because the closer is an area to your daily activity and experience, the harder it is to mislead you about it. When it's about your weekly paycheck, everybody is expert. When it's about your country's budget, everybody is fooled.

Having said this, I can say what sources I've personally have found less poisoned:

-About religion: Atheistic writings.
-About economics: Microeconomics. Macroeconomics is poisoned.
-About politics: Libertarian writings.
-About EU: S.N.Parkinson and his laws.
-About Putin: Machiavelli.
-About Ukraine: http://www.stopfake.org/en/
bitcoinvest
Legendary

Activity: 1124

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:11:02 PM

3)  Grexit.

i am from Greece, and i can tell you that: it was wrong to enter euro zone back in 2000 because books have been cooked...stock market at that time if you remember went crazy and lot of people lost almost everything....after prime minister was saying in the news people play in the stockmarket...and after we entered the euro...this was a game they played and they played well...after that we had Olympic Games.. and after the US Crisis and today they named Greek Crisis and we all know it's not a crisis of Greece, after 5 years that they are "saving" us they putted us deeper into crisis and they continue... this will move to Italy, Spain and eventualy all over the Euro zone. You know we say here in Greece....if you hear bad things for your neighbour...wait yours soon.....

But even if we accept that WE MUST stay in euro zone and play this game.. do you know that German pays as we speak pensions for world crimes to a lot of people in Israel etc?Huh? and this in not past like they said about the loans that have to pay back to Greece... So they want us to pay more debts that 5 years now are getting bigger and bigger but the strong German country can make wars? destroy people and hole nations and not pay anything back??

sorry for my English i am not a native speaker but i think you can all read it easily.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 09:11:24 PM

^^ Zorba's right. They lied to get in so now the Greeks must suffer or take all or Europe down with them.

it's pretty loathsome behavior to hope for economic collapses -- with no regard for the lives it would destroy -- just so you can (maybe) make a few extra bucks off your BTC.

Either the Greeks suffer or all of Europe suffers. I prefer less suffering to more suffering so I don't see what's loathsome about that. You can quarantine the diseased or you can let the infection turn into a plague. If you don't have the stomach to make the tough choices then it's prolly good that you're in no position to do so.

octaft

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:14:04 PM

I'm curious what books/articles you'd recommend, if there are any.
The key is not specific books, but being immune to poison. With the immuinity, you can read everything. Without it, no source is safe for you.
Most of people have no immunity. For them the best solution is MYOB. That's because the closer is an area to your daily activity and experience, the harder it is to mislead you about it. When it's about your weekly paycheck, everybody is expert. When it's about your country's budget, everybody is fooled.

Having said this, I can say what sources I've personally have found less poisoned:

-About religion: Atheistic writings.
-About economics: Microeconomy. Macroeconomy is poisoned.
-About politics: Libertarian writings.
-About EU: S.N.Parkinson and his laws.
-About Ukraine: http://www.stopfake.org/en/

Why am I not surprised one iota by "Libertarian writings."

Anyway, so by "immune to poison" you mean "think critically about what you're reading." You could have just said that. Why do libertarians have to be so hyperbolic?
octaft

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:15:45 PM

it's pretty loathsome behavior to hope for economic collapses -- with no regard for the lives it would destroy -- just so you can (maybe) make a few extra bucks off your BTC.

Either the Greeks suffer or all of Europe suffers. I prefer less suffering to more suffering so I don't see what's loathsome about that.

Oh spare me. Of all of you discussing it, I am confident you are the one who would give the least fucks about who suffers or how much as long as you think it will help you make a few extra bucks.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:17:22 PM

If, however there is a grexit, some might decide to move their money into Bitcoin just make sure that neither the greek government nor the EU can get control over them.

Knowing little about this topic and giving significantly less fucks than any of you discussing it, I must say it makes it hard to take your (the collective) opinions seriously when you all say shit like this (although I never take BJA seriously, to be honest). To an outside observer, the question becomes are you knowledgeable, or are you falling victim to confirmation bias/trusting only certain sources because this is what you WANT to happen because it benefits you.

I never said I hoped for this to happen. I never said it would be a significant percentage of the population who would do it either. But it might be noticeable in the Bitcoin economy in the short run. If Greece and the EU figures things out in such a way that we can have real growth in Europe, Bitcoin, as well as everything and everyone else, would be much better off. To think that Bitcoin would somehow grow to infinity when the rest of the world crumbles around us is just a retarded right-wing anarchist fantasy.
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:18:40 PM

Either the Greeks suffer or all of Europe suffers. I prefer less suffering to more suffering so I don't see what's loathsome about that.

Oh spare me. Of all of you discussing it, I am confident you are the one who would give the least fucks about who suffers or how much as long as you think it will help you make a few extra bucks.

I LOL'd...  Grin
NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 09:20:37 PM

Tears of hopium

ParabellumLite

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:20:52 PM

3)  Grexit.

The fuck-up is not knowing the difference between what you want and a realistic expectation. Greece is out. The disaster for the EU would be if Greece leaves and is better off as a result. Then you're going to see a great unraveling of your whole experiment. What you should want and hope happens is that Greece suffers mightily. It's the only way your other deadbeat countries will stay in line.

As a European myself I have rather mixed feelings by your attempts of acting interesting towards everyone else here. Hate is one of those feelings, although I won't deny that a feeling of humor is present as well. It is really impressive to see how you constantly confuse the EMU with the EU and seem to have no idea of the latter its institutions, its goals or why it is there in the first place.

Not to mention the surety that only an ideological maniac can put forward: Greece is out. No doubt about it. You know it already. No idea how, but you know it.  After Greece is out, which is 100% certain to happen according to your crystal ball, the whole experiment (the EU I take it) would unravel. Granted, the diplomatic damage would be considerable, but there is no way in hell that Europe will throw away 60-ish years of cooperation because Greece can't keep its internal finances in check. The EU is much, much more than the single currency some of its countries are using nowadays, although I don't expect you to understand that shit.

Truth be told, the way you crusade against the EU - and the level of uninformedness - really comes close to the level of Fox News.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:22:30 PM

LOL, true dat.
Pages: « 1 ... 11133 11134 11135 11136 11137 11138 11139 11140 11141 11142 11143 11144 11145 11146 11147 11148 11149 11150 11151 11152 11153 11154 11155 11156 11157 11158 11159 11160 11161 11162 11163 11164 11165 11166 11167 11168 11169 11170 11171 11172 11173 11174 11175 11176 11177 11178 11179 11180 11181 11182 [11183] 11184 11185 11186 11187 11188 11189 11190 11191 11192 11193 11194 11195 11196 11197 11198 11199 11200 11201 11202 11203 11204 11205 11206 11207 11208 11209 11210 11211 11212 11213 11214 11215 11216 11217 11218 11219 11220 11221 11222 11223 11224 11225 11226 11227 11228 11229 11230 11231 11232 11233 ... 33325 »
  Print  

Jump to: