June 17, 2024, 08:09:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 11138 11139 11140 11141 11142 11143 11144 11145 11146 11147 11148 11149 11150 11151 11152 11153 11154 11155 11156 11157 11158 11159 11160 11161 11162 11163 11164 11165 11166 11167 11168 11169 11170 11171 11172 11173 11174 11175 11176 11177 11178 11179 11180 11181 11182 11183 11184 11185 11186 11187 [11188] 11189 11190 11191 11192 11193 11194 11195 11196 11197 11198 11199 11200 11201 11202 11203 11204 11205 11206 11207 11208 11209 11210 11211 11212 11213 11214 11215 11216 11217 11218 11219 11220 11221 11222 11223 11224 11225 11226 11227 11228 11229 11230 11231 11232 11233 11234 11235 11236 11237 11238 ... 33455 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26401815 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 08:52:03 AM

Bitcoins man...they keep getting cheaper and I keep getting richer.

Any logic behind it? Can you share it through PM? I also want to become richer, who else doesn't... Wink

The logic:

My bitcoins yesterday < my bitcoins today = richer
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:59:03 AM

Bitcoins man...they keep getting cheaper and I keep getting richer.

Any logic behind it? Can you share it through PM? I also want to become richer, who else doesn't... Wink

The logic:

My bitcoins yesterday < my bitcoins today = richer

WORD!
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:59:56 AM

Coin
Explanation
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:06:24 AM

Something wonderful will happen with PPC in the near future.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 09:10:14 AM

Even though I have 1000 PPC from years ago I keep meaning to get rid of them. I did not check them out enough before I bought them to see that there is no hard limit on the amount of coins.
YourMother
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1046

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 09:29:58 AM

I'm disgusted by this

I'm on the verge of starting trading shitcoins again.

Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:32:55 AM

@Mota:
It's nice of you not mentioning about the German WW2 reparations, because THERE WERE NOT ANY!

Take a good look at this picture. It's from 1953 where the second man from the left is the late Konstantinos Karamanlis. This man together with the leaders of 20 countries have signed off the "biggest since the Weimar era haircut" since Germany couldn't afford to pay its debt to those countries.

Germany has the OBLIGATION to remember that its growth and prosperity is based on the graciousness of its opponents to rub 50% of its enormous debt towards them. So please take this in mind and get your (historical) facts straight before start bashing (something you enjoy as a German, since you've mentioned it yourself).

Sigh... You really should freshen up on your history. We have absolutely no obligation to remember anything. You should read up on the cause of the rise of the nsdap before the second world war and the founding of the third reich. One of the causes was the issue of reparations for the first WW. The amount was huge (like mentioned before). Also there was no graciousness involved at all after WW2, there was simply no way a destroyed and divided country like Germany with nearly no industry left could have handled that amount of debt - Instead we paid the debt over time - and we still pay.
Germany paid off all the debts from WW1 in 2010 - 90 years after the war. For WW2: We still pay more than 500 Million € per year "Wiedergutmachung des Bundes" - google it. And those are not even the reparations, that is only for the victims (direct and indirect ones).

I told you I did not want to go into detail over WW2 because it was complicated, did you read that? Obviously not, so I will make it short and sweet: GDR paid ~200B € until 1953, West Germany paid ~4B€. The USSR dismantled nearly all of East Germanys infrastructure after the war and shipped it back to Russia. More than 3 Million Germans were used for forced Labour. The Allies confiscated significant values of German patents, copyrights and trademarks. Some of the German territory was annexed and incorporated into Poland.  

You see, we Germans don't bash someone for nothing, some of you Greeks cry out because of your governments austerity policy - we Germans live under it for the better part of 15 years. Massive social reforms and privatisation - do you think we liked it? No, we did not. Was it necessary? Indeed it was.
Your problem is, again, not the debt to the EU - you don't even have to pay back anything until 2019 iirc, and the interest is very low. Your problems are the private debts. And the lack of ability of your past Government to execute reforms and to collect taxes from the rich Greeks, which had free reign for so long that it's nearly impossible now to find the hidden banking accounts.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:36:10 AM

I'm disgusted by this

I'm on the verge of starting trading shitcoins again.

Me too waiting for the triangle to end up with a buy situation... I know u ain't talking about technicals, but I am... Want that "LOVE" triangle of pumpers, dumpers and BTC to end up showing some love to us, the traders who are bullish on it... Tongue
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:38:35 AM

Even though I have 1000 PPC from years ago I keep meaning to get rid of them. I did not check them out enough before I bought them to see that there is no hard limit on the amount of coins.

Artificial and unnecessary scarcity is never a good bet in the long run.
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:47:31 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2015, 10:15:04 AM by macsga

@Mota:
It's nice of you not mentioning about the German WW2 reparations, because THERE WERE NOT ANY!

Take a good look at this picture. It's from 1953 where the second man from the left is the late Konstantinos Karamanlis. This man together with the leaders of 20 countries have signed off the "biggest since the Weimar era haircut" since Germany couldn't afford to pay its debt to those countries.

Germany has the OBLIGATION to remember that its growth and prosperity is based on the graciousness of its opponents to rub 50% of its enormous debt towards them. So please take this in mind and get your (historical) facts straight before start bashing (something you enjoy as a German, since you've mentioned it yourself).

Sigh... You really should freshen up on your history. We have absolutely no obligation to remember anything. You should read up on the cause of the rise of the nsdap before the second world war and the founding of the third reich. One of the causes was the issue of reparations for the first WW. The amount was huge (like mentioned before). Also there was no graciousness involved at all after WW2, there was simply no way a destroyed and divided country like Germany with nearly no industry left could have handled that amount of debt - Instead we paid the debt over time - and we still pay.
Germany paid off all the debts from WW1 in 2010 - 90 years after the war. For WW2: We still pay more than 500 Million € per year "Wiedergutmachung des Bundes" - google it. And those are not even the reparations, that is only for the victims (direct and indirect ones).

I told you I did not want to go into detail over WW2 because it was complicated, did you read that? Obviously not, so I will make it short and sweet: GDR paid ~200B € until 1953, West Germany paid ~4B€. The USSR dismantled nearly all of East Germanys infrastructure after the war and shipped it back to Russia. More than 3 Million Germans were used for forced Labour. The Allies confiscated significant values of German patents, copyrights and trademarks. Some of the German territory was annexed and incorporated into Poland.  

You see, we Germans don't bash someone for nothing, some of you Greeks cry out because of your governments austerity policy - we Germans live under it for the better part of 15 years. Massive social reforms and privatisation - do you think we liked it? No, we did not. Was it necessary? Indeed it was.
Your problem is, again, not the debt to the EU - you don't even have to pay back anything until 2019 iirc, and the interest is very low. Your problems are the private debts. And the lack of ability of your past Government to execute reforms and to collect taxes from the rich Greeks, which had free reign for so long that it's nearly impossible now to find the hidden banking accounts.

On the first comment from you:
How's that different from where's Greece is at, at the moment?

On the second comment:
This is a bit different from my perspective. We agree there were some forced labour and the East Germany has been suffering for way too long, but please refresh my memory: What exactly happened when the West Germany absorbed them after the joint? Capitalism over Communism happened. Companies were liquefied for literally next to nothing and the people were in a state of slavery for more than 10 years by the "new" companies that took over.

"We agree to disagree" said Schaeuble to Varoufakis. "We didn't even agree that we disagree" he replied. That's what is great in Democracy. Everybody has the right to say his thesis - nobody has to agree with it though.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:51:48 AM

The 1% inflation target keeps things in check and it's the only major coin with an alternative for POW. I suggest to keep these coins and await $100.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 09:52:46 AM

Greece comes down to one thing.

In 2005 their debt/GDP ratio went over 100%, within 4 years their economy was in a freefall. By 2010 they got bailed out by the EU but the debt/GDP is still over 100%. Not much you can do until that is fixed (or they go bankrupt which is more likely).

Btw...the US debt/GDP ration went over 100% this year...
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 09:54:46 AM

The 1% inflation target keeps things in check and it's the only major coin with an alternative for POW. I suggest to keep these coins and await $100.

Well, they're in cold storage so it wouldn't be worth the effort to get them out, download the wallet, wait for it to load up and import, move to the exchange, etc...

If they're worth anything maybe I'll pull them out. I just wanted to own 1000 of a crypto currency since I wasn't able to do it with Bitcoin  Tongue
mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:57:49 AM

so boring......
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:59:03 AM

@Mota:

you seem to have fallen into the pitfalls of neolib propaganda. the so glorified agenda 2010 (initiated by the socialdemocrats who have sold their soul) led to the misery of millions, created a massive lowest-wages job segment and is/was one of the motors of the accelerating unjust and immoral difference between the growing numbers of poor and the rich elite getting richer.  germany is doing an absolutely crazy thing: it lends out billions to foreign couintries/economies so they are able to buy german goods, so the german export blitz can celebrate a higher trade surplus every year.  but what good is a trade surplus that is only existing on paper since it all financed with debt, that those countries can never pay back ?
it would be much better to strengthen the domestic side of the german economy (raise wages, import more goods) in order to balance the trade surplus. that would strenghten the foreign markets and they could actually buy AND pay german products.
the german "beggar-thy-neighbour" policy is the single most important cause for the current economic imbalance/problems in europe.

and btw: germany has paid close to nothing compared to their obligations resulting out of the 2nd WW. it is another one of those myths that the german mainstream media loves to tell and unfortunately, so many germans love to believe it. (here is a link, only in german - btw: mr ritschl is one of the most credited economic history professors.)

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/soziales/euro-krise-deutschland-ist-der-groesste-schuldensuender-des-20-jahrhunderts-a-769052.html

his research points to the fact that germany is by far the biggest debt defaulter in the 20th century.

we should help the greece people and stop kick them in the dirt.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:59:53 AM

Coin
Explanation
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:12:54 AM

you seem to have fallen into the pitfalls of neolib propaganda. the so glorified agenda 2010 (initiated by the socialdemocrats who have sold their soul) led to the misery of millions, created a massive lowest-wages job segment and is/was one of the motors of the accelerating unjust and immoral difference between the growing numbers of poor and the rich elite getting richer.  germany is doing an absolutely crazy thing: it lends out billions to foreign couintries/economies so they are able to buy german goods, so the german export blitz can celebrate a higher trade surplus every year.  but what good is a trade surplus that is only existing on paper since it all financed with debt, that those countries can never pay back ?
it would be much better to strengthen the domestic side of the german economy (raise wages, import more goods) in order to balance the trade surplus. that would strenghten the foreign markets and they could actually buy AND pay german products.
the german "beggar-thy-neighbour" policy is the single most important cause for the current economic imbalance/problems in europe.

I did not fall into anything. It was important in the sense that Germany does not increase it's debt. The reforms mentioned are many, but a good example would be the "Praxisgebühr", where you had to pay 10€ each quarter when you went to a doctor. It helped stabilize Germans healthcare system, even if it was only in effect for a few years. Germans Export Blitz and low-wage jobs is another matter, on which I am absolutely with you.
Ezmoneyezlife

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:15:55 AM

Looks like another chinese pump and dump.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 10:19:07 AM

so boring......

mybitcoincharts

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:45:24 AM

The reforms mentioned are many, but a good example would be the "Praxisgebühr", where you had to pay 10€ each quarter when you went to a doctor. It helped stabilize Germans healthcare system, even if it was only in effect for a few years.

Quite the opposite; it helped weaken it. Look it up for yourself: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praxisgeb%C3%BChr#Folgen_der_Praxisgeb.C3.BChr. The stated goal was reduced visits to a doctor. It failed to archieve even that after a bit more than three years. Since then, the number of visits per inhabitant of Germany was even higher than before the introduction. Even worse, it turned out that it was effectively a tax on the poor, as poor people tended to go visit the doctor even less, especially for preventive cancer examinations by dermatologists and gynecologists (numbers are in the source). The effect will be rising cancer treatments in the future, which will be way more expensive than the savings from the examinations.

Practically every one of the reforms was economically short sighted and will do more harm than good in the long run - exactly as Germany's treatment of Greece  right now.
Pages: « 1 ... 11138 11139 11140 11141 11142 11143 11144 11145 11146 11147 11148 11149 11150 11151 11152 11153 11154 11155 11156 11157 11158 11159 11160 11161 11162 11163 11164 11165 11166 11167 11168 11169 11170 11171 11172 11173 11174 11175 11176 11177 11178 11179 11180 11181 11182 11183 11184 11185 11186 11187 [11188] 11189 11190 11191 11192 11193 11194 11195 11196 11197 11198 11199 11200 11201 11202 11203 11204 11205 11206 11207 11208 11209 11210 11211 11212 11213 11214 11215 11216 11217 11218 11219 11220 11221 11222 11223 11224 11225 11226 11227 11228 11229 11230 11231 11232 11233 11234 11235 11236 11237 11238 ... 33455 »
  Print  

Jump to: