7/21 - 1 (1.1%)
7/28 - 11 (12.5%)
8/4 - 16 (18.2%)
8/11 - 7 (8%)
8/18 - 5 (5.7%)
8/25 - 7 (8%)
After August - 41 (46.6%)
Total Voters: 88

Pages: « 1 ... 12179 12180 12181 12182 12183 12184 12185 12186 12187 12188 12189 12190 12191 12192 12193 12194 12195 12196 12197 12198 12199 12200 12201 12202 12203 12204 12205 12206 12207 12208 12209 12210 12211 12212 12213 12214 12215 12216 12217 12218 12219 12220 12221 12222 12223 12224 12225 12226 12227 12228 [12229] 12230 12231 12232 12233 12234 12235 12236 12237 12238 12239 12240 12241 12242 12243 12244 12245 12246 12247 12248 12249 12250 12251 12252 12253 12254 12255 12256 12257 12258 12259 12260 12261 12262 12263 12264 12265 12266 12267 12268 12269 12270 12271 12272 12273 12274 12275 12276 12277 12278 12279 ... 33653 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26437306 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:58:01 PM

What a great setup we have here. Market overwhelmingly bearish with retail shorting bitcoin to all time highs at the end of a bear market. Coin supply dwindling and swap rates rising on finex.

All we need now is a spark start a cascade of short contract capitulation, say, the opening of a wall street etf.

With all due respect to the powers that be, I don't think many of us got into Bitcoin giving a shit about Wall Street. I don't see why that should change now.

True. But for bitcoin to attract new participants it either needs a stable value or not to fuck over everyone who invested previously. A great way for that to happen is for it to function firstly as a store of value (e-gold) and then function as a working currency second.

Gold and silver have destroyed as many fortunes as they've made. I don't expect Bitcoin to behave any differently and don't see why it would.

If you cannot see what suddenly allowing the vast sea of investment capital (multi trillion dollar pool) access to btc could potentially do to the price then I can't help you. Just fifty million USD would smash the price into the stratosphere.

Big picture remains that bitcoin is an excellent assymetric financial bet to speculate upon. Why do you think all the trolls and bears are really here?

Bears and trolls are here probably to talk up their shorts, which have been considerably more successful than my long. Undecided

You have as much of an agenda as anyone then...

I guess. But I want the good guys to win.  Sad
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:58:06 PM

Coin
Explanation
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:00:58 PM

Short swap interest up to 0.065%

Not long until it reaches the long swap rate.

That isn't that bad especially if coins are returned quickly.  

Why is the rate rising?

Take a wild guess...

How about: more and more people are convinced that the price will dive very soon, and are wiling to pay high interests on their (potential) profits, and on top of that accept high risk of loosing it all if they are wrong? They can be very wrong, but their number increases, obviously.
fonsie

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:19:49 PM

I'm signing off for tonight, I've got enough from the troll smell for today.  Cheesy

take a shower then

That's exactly why I signed off, but coming back here smells me up again.

In the meantime I'm still waiting for some proof from Jorge for his claims about Overstock, because his proof contained some conflicting statements, not in his favor, and instead of answering he went off-off-topic with his "I've got my own personal troll" rant. Kindly telling people an not needed history lesson, because for some strange reason he's obsessed about what people think about him.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:33:01 PM

Do you have tenure?

The system here is different from the American one, but yes, I have tenure and I already got all the promotions that I could have in my career as teacher/scientist.  I could try running for university president, but there are too many profs here who know me already, so my chances of being elected by accident would be pretty slim.   Wink
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:34:00 PM

I am with Jorge ofc.

too many uneducadable bitcoiners here dont get it that the best thing a man can do in his pathetic life is learn.

time spent in learning cant be wasted.

so yeah, just watching and following this little community can be useful.  

I learnt a lot by doing this by myself. greatest advise for any newcomer just to thoroughly look through this forum
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 09:36:53 PM

Has anyone else noticed that bitcoin price has stayed in the range of ~$170 to $320 for the entire year so far? there was not a single four month period in 2014 when price stayed in a $150 range. Not even close.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:39:04 PM

Let me use my common sense. Back on ignore you troll...
That's ironic (or pathetic), coming from an account that was created specifically to troll another user...  Cheesy
How is that different from why you made your account?
What are you talking about?

For those folks in gelid Scandinavia and anywhere else the news may not have arrived yet: @fonsie created his account specifically to troll @fonzie, one of the smartest contributors to this forum (so much so that he easily won the bitcoin price prediction contest for 2014).  But @fonzie has been rather absent of late, so @fonsie changed his life mission to troll the undersigned.  Then he, or someone who thinks very much like him, created another account "@trolfi" with the same life mission -- making me the only member of this forum with not one, but *two* Exclusive Personal Trolls, a distinction that I will forever remember with pride.  But then he may have found it hard to manage the two accounts at the same time, or his employer refused to pay twice for two very similar sockpuppets, or something; anyway, @trolfi seems to have left us for good.

I hope that this background information will help newbies understand some things that otherwise may seem to make no sense, such as @fonsie's bizarre signature and avatar.

This is literally the funniest and most interesting post you have ever contributed.

Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:40:54 PM

Has anyone else noticed that bitcoin price has stayed in the range of ~$170 to $320 for the entire year so far? there was not a single four month period in 2014 when price stayed in a $150 range. Not even close.

it won't last long  Huh
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:45:41 PM

I am with Jorge ofc.

too many uneducadable bitcoiners here dont get it that the best thing a man can do in his pathetic life is learn.

time spent in learning cant be wasted.

so yeah, just watching and following this little community can be useful.  

I learnt a lot by doing this by myself. greatest advise for any newcomer just to thoroughly look through this forum

This sock follows Jorge everywhere. Even Reddit. It's uncanny.

If you look at her profile w/website and signature, she's pretty open about who she is and what she does. There's nothing wrong with being a bear, but try keeping up with the likes of Tzupy or Damiano , not Tarmi "The Educator" and H.H.Dr.Prof. The two latter will generally just leave you dumber than you were.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:46:32 PM

it won't last long  Huh

Any thoughts on how/why/when?
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:52:20 PM

That's ironic (or pathetic), coming from an account that was created specifically to troll another user...  Cheesy

For those folks in gelid Scandinavia and anywhere else the news may not have arrived yet: @fonsie created his account specifically to troll @fonzie, one of the smartest contributors to this forum (so much so that he easily won the bitcoin price prediction contest for 2014).  But @fonzie has been rather absent of late, so @fonsie changed his life mission to troll the undersigned.  Then he, or someone who thinks very much like him, created another account "@trolfi" with the same life mission -- making me the only member of this forum with not one, but *two* Exclusive Personal Trolls, a distinction that I will forever remember with pride.  But then he may have found it hard to manage the two accounts at the same time, or his employer refused to pay twice for two very similar sockpuppets, or something; anyway, @trolfi seems to have left us for good.

I hope that this background information will help newbies understand some things that otherwise may seem to make no sense, such as @fonsie's bizarre signature and avatar.

This is literally the funniest and most interesting post you have ever contributed.

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................. wut?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:58:08 PM

Coin
Explanation
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:59:02 PM

That's ironic (or pathetic), coming from an account that was created specifically to troll another user...  Cheesy

For those folks in gelid Scandinavia and anywhere else the news may not have arrived yet: @fonsie created his account specifically to troll @fonzie, one of the smartest contributors to this forum (so much so that he easily won the bitcoin price prediction contest for 2014).  But @fonzie has been rather absent of late, so @fonsie changed his life mission to troll the undersigned.  Then he, or someone who thinks very much like him, created another account "@trolfi" with the same life mission -- making me the only member of this forum with not one, but *two* Exclusive Personal Trolls, a distinction that I will forever remember with pride.  But then he may have found it hard to manage the two accounts at the same time, or his employer refused to pay twice for two very similar sockpuppets, or something; anyway, @trolfi seems to have left us for good.

It may be the "trolliest" thing Jorge has ever posted.......... quite amusing, I assume it was meant in a dry sense  Wink

(hint: as is my post)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Merit: 1116

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:04:12 PM

That's ironic (or pathetic), coming from an account that was created specifically to troll another user...  Cheesy

For those folks in gelid Scandinavia and anywhere else the news may not have arrived yet: @fonsie created his account specifically to troll @fonzie, one of the smartest contributors to this forum (so much so that he easily won the bitcoin price prediction contest for 2014).  But @fonzie has been rather absent of late, so @fonsie changed his life mission to troll the undersigned.  Then he, or someone who thinks very much like him, created another account "@trolfi" with the same life mission -- making me the only member of this forum with not one, but *two* Exclusive Personal Trolls, a distinction that I will forever remember with pride.  But then he may have found it hard to manage the two accounts at the same time, or his employer refused to pay twice for two very similar sockpuppets, or something; anyway, @trolfi seems to have left us for good.

It may be the "trolliest" thing Jorge has ever posted.......... quite amusing, I assume it was meant in a dry sense  Wink

Empowering is drunk on monkey success and Spanish women. He'd find anything funny right now. Cheesy
hdbuck
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:12:05 PM

oh hell with this, sreiously? he is just having the moment of his life being "the only member of this forum" DPed "with not one but *two* Exclusive Personal Trolls" on an interent Bitcoin! forum.

ffs jorge, troll about the walls at least instead of flushing your passionating feelings all over the place. or else: https://fetlife.com/
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 10:21:25 PM

it won't last long  Huh

That depends on what you mean by "long".  Stability makes bitcoin more useful which makes it more valuable which causes the price to rise until it goes parabolic, where it becomes less useful and crashes.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:22:06 PM

oh hell with this, sreiously? he is just having the moment of his life being "the only member of this forum" DPed "with not one but *two* Exclusive Personal Trolls" on an interent Bitcoin! forum.

ffs jorge, troll about the walls at least instead of flushing your passionating feelings all over the place. or else: https://fetlife.com/

empowering
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:27:50 PM

Empowering is drunk on monkey success and Spanish women. He'd find anything funny right now. Cheesy

True.

Left Spain now... adios.

Ciao bella  Wink
Norway

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:30:56 PM

Do you have tenure?

The system here is different from the American one, but yes, I have tenure and I already got all the promotions that I could have in my career as teacher/scientist.  I could try running for university president, but there are too many profs here who know me already, so my chances of being elected by accident would be pretty slim.   Wink

You can never answer the real question: What is your motive for your extreme interest in bitcoin? (Always with your negative slant)
Pages: « 1 ... 12179 12180 12181 12182 12183 12184 12185 12186 12187 12188 12189 12190 12191 12192 12193 12194 12195 12196 12197 12198 12199 12200 12201 12202 12203 12204 12205 12206 12207 12208 12209 12210 12211 12212 12213 12214 12215 12216 12217 12218 12219 12220 12221 12222 12223 12224 12225 12226 12227 12228 [12229] 12230 12231 12232 12233 12234 12235 12236 12237 12238 12239 12240 12241 12242 12243 12244 12245 12246 12247 12248 12249 12250 12251 12252 12253 12254 12255 12256 12257 12258 12259 12260 12261 12262 12263 12264 12265 12266 12267 12268 12269 12270 12271 12272 12273 12274 12275 12276 12277 12278 12279 ... 33653 »
  Print  

Jump to: