July 01, 2024, 08:23:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 13911 13912 13913 13914 13915 13916 13917 13918 13919 13920 13921 13922 13923 13924 13925 13926 13927 13928 13929 13930 13931 13932 13933 13934 13935 13936 13937 13938 13939 13940 13941 13942 13943 13944 13945 13946 13947 13948 13949 13950 13951 13952 13953 13954 13955 13956 13957 13958 13959 13960 [13961] 13962 13963 13964 13965 13966 13967 13968 13969 13970 13971 13972 13973 13974 13975 13976 13977 13978 13979 13980 13981 13982 13983 13984 13985 13986 13987 13988 13989 13990 13991 13992 13993 13994 13995 13996 13997 13998 13999 14000 14001 14002 14003 14004 14005 14006 14007 14008 14009 14010 14011 ... 33497 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26409410 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 03:01:31 AM

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 03:01:50 AM

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 03:09:11 AM

Hey! Hey, it's locked! What's going on here?!
There's got to be a scientific explanation to all of this... Could we have shifted somehow, and gone back in time?

we're going back!

back to the FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 03:11:46 AM

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:16:22 AM

And I'm not implying that people aren't all unique and different snowflakes -- we are. And genetics matter, and so does race (it clearly does to you, so it clearly does). I'm just having a hard time figuring out how you get from special snowflakes to race purity and all the rest of that xenophobic neo-nazi shit :- /

Hey, I aint the one peddling the white supremacist ideology.

'Jewish Problem', half joking....although it would be nice if these cunts would just get too fuck away from behind the steering wheel of the world's most powerful economy and military, and take their fucking obssession with Zionism and Israel with them, before they trigger a third world war and wipe us all the fuck out.

Cunts.

Hahahahaha no, you're not joking, you're sick Cheesy

No. Zionism is sick and will come to show itself and be remembered as the same sort of power mad ultra racist, elitist, ideological disease as Nazism was 80 years ago.

Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:18:46 AM

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 03:20:23 AM

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 03:25:58 AM

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:32:22 AM

That is the sort of horrible simplification that "scientific racists" must make to justify the concept of "race".
You're way more fringe leftist than I imagined, trying to claim that anyone acknolwedging different ethnic groups or races exist at all is a "scientific racist".

I have noticed that, since racism became politically incorrect in the US and other countries, many racists have simply search-replaced "race" by the politically correct "ethnic group" in their vocabulary -- and then continued to think of "ethnic groups" exactly as they thought or "race" before.

Sorry, but the two terms have completely different meaning.  "Race" was assumed to be defined by biology, to be inherited, and to be immutable.  "Ethnic group" is defined by culture; it is learned, and can be changed at will (given sufficient resources, and unless society prevents it).   "Race" is now known to have no scientific basis.  "Ethnic groups" are (for good or bad) very real.

The word "racist" isn't even a valid word in the first place because it implies everyone on earth is identical to one another. [ ... ]  you anti-Bitcoin Marxist

Stupid strawman.  I am not Marxist, and nowhere have I claimed that "everyone on earth is identical".  That is just what you have decided that Marxists say.

If anything, it is the racists who assume that all people of the same "race" are identical,  whenever they make sweeping statements about "Caucasians", "Asians", etc.  Just by putting people into five distinct buckets, they are implicitly stating that all the billion people assigned to the same bucket have something in common -- and that the bucket is hugely important when discussing those people, or dealing with them.  

Read it and weep:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Science_on_Intelligence
signed by 52 university professors specializing in intelligence and related fields, including around one third of the editorial board of the journal Intelligence,

Of course every fringe wants to be considered "mainstream".  One could easily find 104 university professors to sign a letter saying exactly the opposite -- including two thirds of the editorial board of some anti-racism academic journal.

You can also easily find 500 nuclear engineers to sign a declaration that nuclear power is totally safe.  Or 500 pyramid scam operators to back a claim that pyramid schemes are good for society.

(I may edit that article, if I get a round tuitt.  Grin)

Replace "person" by "computer" in that "mainstream view" and maybe you will realize how silly it is.  Do you think that there a single number that measures how "intelligent" a computer is?  There are many numbers that measure various aspects of a computer -- clock speed, memory size, disk space and speed, screen size, peripherals, power consumption, etc. -- but not even all of them together will predict which of two computers will be better suited for a certain task in a certain context.  Very often, small differences in software will make a huge difference in that regard.

(The term "Caucasian", by the way, is a relic from "scientific" racial classifications of the 19th century.)

Oh joy, now anyone filling in the word "caucasian" for race on the census is now a "19th century racist".

My apologies, I have checked and the notion that the "right" race came from the Caucasus did not originate in the 19th century, but from the 18th.

So, yes: the use of "Caucasian" shows that the "race" item in US census and other US is a relic of 18th century racial thinking.

There are known natural mechanisms that allow such jumping, and they have been adapted for genetic engineering.  Again, it if such accident happens only once in a million years, that may be sufficient to transfer a gene from one to all individuals of a completely different species.)

Probably mutation + convergent evolution, which is why if life is discovered on other planets, it would likely be similar to what exists here or in the past.
Convergent evolution produces the same concrete results (legs, wings, horns, fishtails, streamlined shape, poison bite, etc.) with totally different genes and mechanisms.  Horizontal genetic transfer moves very similar genes between species, which may or may not produce similar results.  The chances of two similar genes evolving independently in two branches of the tree, when they are lacking in the common ancestor, is stupidly small -- much smaller than the chances of finding the private key of a funded bitcoin address by just guessing.  (There, now this post is on-topic!)

In cultures that did not have African slavery for many centuries, or which for some reason never adopted the "one drop rule", skin color is perceived as a continuous variable that is either irrelevant, or does not trigger discrimination at some magic level.
Please cut the slavery BS.  Brazil didn't even get rid of slavery completely until TWENTY FIVE YEARS after the emancipation proclamation in the US.  Hilarious that you would actually bring this up while trying to demonize North America.

Please read again what I wrote, and stop inventing.  I was not referring to Brazil, where racial prejudices still exist (but with a different discourse).  

(But, since you mention it: Brazil abolished slavery in 1850. Maybe not effectively, but without major upheavals. Whereas, in the US, abolition was forced on half of the country in ~1860, by a bloody Civil War; and a hundred years later the losing side still resented it...)

The Roman empire also had more white slaves than black slaves ever to exist.

Indeed; and, coincidentally, the Romans did not seem to have had prejudices about skin color. (That is not to say that they were egalitarian, even towards free Roman citizens).  In fact, for all I know, their success as empire-builders was due to their policy of assimilating the conquered peoples, giving them citizen rights and opportunity to ascend the power hierarchy, even to the highest levels.

The basis of the so called "one drop rule" was most likely due to white genes being recessive.

Almost certainly not.  Skin color genes are not really recessive, and (as others have pointed out) recessive genes do not work the way you think.  (No shame in that, but you must read about it -- it is very basic genetics, that everybody should know.)

In Latin America, generally, that rule was never used -- not even by those "whites" who have prejudice against "blacks".  One can adequately explain that cultural difference by considering the significant differences in the histories of the two countries.  

The "one-drop" rule in the US, like the the (non)immigration rules of Japan, the chaste system of India, and many other similar binary barriers in many other places, almost certainly arose as a way to prevent the "leaking" of the lower class into the upper class's society through the children of mixed ancestry.

Without an ethnocentric majority, the nation state collapses.

Yeah, sure.  Look at Switzerland, for example -- it collapsed in the Middle Ages and did not even realize it yet.  Or at China, which has never worked as a state because of its 20 major languages and uncountable dialects.

Louis Agassiz and Arthur Gobineau were two of many Europeans who were horrified by the miscigenation that they saw in Brazil in the early 19th century.  I think it was one of them who predicted that the country would collapse in a few decades because of that.
[/quote]
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:32:46 AM

Will 2016 be the year of the bitcoin? Smiley
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 03:35:30 AM

That is the sort of horrible simplification that "scientific racists" must make to justify the concept of "race".
You're way more fringe leftist than I imagined, trying to claim that anyone acknolwedging different ethnic groups or races exist at all is a "scientific racist".

I have noticed that, since racism became politically incorrect in the US and other countries, many racists have simply search-replaced "race" by the politically correct "ethnic group" in their vocabulary -- and then continued to think of "ethnic groups" exactly as they thought or "race" before.

Sorry, but the two terms have completely different meaning.  "Race" was assumed to be defined by biology, to be inherited, and to be immutable.  "Ethnic group" is defined by culture; it is learned, and can be changed at will (given sufficient resources, and unless society prevents it).   "Race" is now known to have no scientific basis.  "Ethnic groups" are (for good or bad) very real.

The word "racist" isn't even a valid word in the first place because it implies everyone on earth is identical to one another. [ ... ]  you anti-Bitcoin Marxist

Stupid strawman.  I am not Marxist, and nowhere have I claimed that "everyone on earth is identical".  That is just what you have decided that Marxists say.

If anything, it is the racists who assume that all people of the same "race" are identical,  whenever they make sweeping statements about "Caucasians", "Asians", etc.  Just by putting people into five distinct buckets, they are implicitly stating that all the billion people assigned to the same bucket have something in common -- and that the bucket is hugely important when discussing those people, or dealing with them.   

Read it and weep:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Science_on_Intelligence
signed by 52 university professors specializing in intelligence and related fields, including around one third of the editorial board of the journal Intelligence,

Of course every fringe wants to be considered "mainstream".  One could easily find 104 university professors to sign a letter saying exactly the opposite -- including two thirds of the editorial board of some anti-racism academic journal.

You can also easily find 500 nuclear engineers to sign a declaration that nuclear power is totally safe.  Or 500 pyramid scam operators to back a claim that pyramid schemes are good for society.

(I may edit that article, if I get a round tuitt.  Grin)

Replace "person" by "computer" in that "mainstream view" and maybe you will realize how silly it is.  Do you think that there a single number that measures how "intelligent" a computer is?  There are many numbers that measure various aspects of a computer -- clock speed, memory size, disk space and speed, screen size, peripherals, power consumption, etc. -- but not even all of them together will predict which of two computers will be better suited for a certain task in a certain context.  Very often, small differences in software will make a huge difference in that regard.

(The term "Caucasian", by the way, is a relic from "scientific" racial classifications of the 19th century.)

Oh joy, now anyone filling in the word "caucasian" for race on the census is now a "19th century racist".

My apologies, I have checked and the notion that the "right" race came from the Caucasus did not originate in the 19th century, but from the 18th.

So, yes: the use of "Caucasian" shows that the "race" item in US census and other US is a relic of 18th century racial thinking.

There are known natural mechanisms that allow such jumping, and they have been adapted for genetic engineering.  Again, it if such accident happens only once in a million years, that may be sufficient to transfer a gene from one to all individuals of a completely different species.)

Probably mutation + convergent evolution, which is why if life is discovered on other planets, it would likely be similar to what exists here or in the past.
Convergent evolution produces the same concrete results (legs, wings, horns, fishtails, streamlined shape, poison bite, etc.) with totally different genes and mechanisms.  Horizontal genetic transfer moves very similar genes between species, which may or may not produce similar results.  The chances of two similar genes evolving independently in two branches of the tree, when they are lacking in the common ancestor, is stupidly small -- much smaller than the chances of finding the private key of a funded bitcoin address by just guessing.  (There, now this post is on-topic!)

In cultures that did not have African slavery for many centuries, or which for some reason never adopted the "one drop rule", skin color is perceived as a continuous variable that is either irrelevant, or does not trigger discrimination at some magic level.
Please cut the slavery BS.  Brazil didn't even get rid of slavery completely until TWENTY FIVE YEARS after the emancipation proclamation in the US.  Hilarious that you would actually bring this up while trying to demonize North America.

Please read again what I wrote, and stop inventing.  I was not referring to Brazil, where racial prejudices still exist (but with a different discourse). 

(But, since you mention it: Brazil abolished slavery in 1850. Maybe not effectively, but without major upheavals. Whereas, in the US, abolition was forced on half of the country in ~1860, by a bloody Civil War; and a hundred years later the losing side still resented it...)

The Roman empire also had more white slaves than black slaves ever to exist.

Indeed; and, coincidentally, the Romans did not seem to have had prejudices about skin color. (That is not to say that they were egalitarian, even towards free Roman citizens).  In fact, for all I know, their success as empire-builders was due to their policy of assimilating the conquered peoples, giving them citizen rights and opportunity to ascend the power hierarchy, even to the highest levels.

The basis of the so called "one drop rule" was most likely due to white genes being recessive.

Almost certainly not.  Skin color genes are not really recessive, and (as others have pointed out) recessive genes do not work the way you think.  (No shame in that, but you must read about it -- it is very basic genetics, that everybody should know.)

In Latin America, generally, that rule was never used -- not even by those "whites" who have prejudice against "blacks".  One can adequately explain that cultural difference by considering the significant differences in the histories of the two countries. 

The "one-drop" rule in the US, like the the (non)immigration rules of Japan, the chaste system of India, and many other similar binary barriers in many other places, almost certainly arose as a way to prevent the "leaking" of the lower class into the upper class's society through the children of mixed ancestry.

Without an ethnocentric majority, the nation state collapses.

Yeah, sure.  Look at Switzerland, for example -- it collapsed in the Middle Ages and did not even realize it yet.  Or at China, which has never worked as a state because of its 20 major languages and uncountable dialects.

Louis Agassiz and Arthur Gobineau were two of many Europeans who were horrified by the miscigenation that they saw in Brazil in the early 19th century.  I think it was one of them who predicted that the country would collapse in a few decades because of that.
[/quote]
[/quote]
holy fucking shit Jorge buy a bitcoin already.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:54:05 AM

No. I totally forgot that my other smart & totally sane friend, Hyena, is waiting for me at Illuminati End Game Started thread, which isn't full of filthy yids, lily-livered liberals and Marxist race traitors.  Yeah, I'm going where my intellect, learnings, and firm grasp of reality will be appreciated. Fuck you guys.
Goodbye!

I'll totally miss your insights, but if you gotta go, I guess you gotta go. I understand.

lol.

Bitcoin to to test trend line of ascending triangle, then up to the $370-$380 zone, where I expect it to meet a brick wall erected by the same cunts who will ensure it breaks out, from this range to begin with. When that will happen I don't know. For now, Bitcoin is trading at 333. Which is half of 666, the Number of the Beast as written in the Book of Revelations, and also the inescable numerology of the Star of David, which isn't a symbol of Judiasm at all, but an occult Satanic symbol, adopted by warmongering Neocon Zionists hell bent on taking us all to hell.....

......but who cares, as long as Bitcoin does well out of it, that is all I really care about.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:01:12 AM

Coin

Explanation
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2151

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:07:36 AM

go ahead and ask somebody who breeds dogs for instance! he will contest that those dogs have often serious genetic diseases. or even better, go into some mountain village where they used to fuck each other for centuries. you will be astonished what happens after keeping your gene pool samesame.

Whachoo talkin' about?

Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:09:34 AM

Jorge is a bitcoiner, he just wants a spectacular crash to sub-dollar levels, then it can resume rightfully, without all the wanton speculation.  Cheesy

It pains me to see what little credit and admiration his buttcoin buddies bestow upon him tho, he is probably their most valuable redditor!
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:21:09 AM

I'm beginning to think we are all getting trolled by "la cucaracha"  Roll Eyes

I've been around a while and this is the first time I've actually realized that word was linked to its English translation. And now it's just so obvious.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:31:42 AM

Everyone here has died and been replaced by pod-trolls Sad

magemist

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:37:22 AM

It can either be the year of the bitcoin or the year of the morons. Stay tuned here folks for that turn out Cheesy
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 04:38:33 AM

It can either be the year of the bitcoin or the year of the morons. Stay tuned here folks for that turn out Cheesy

I'd say 2017. Exciting to think by 2017 we should have functional 2 way pegged sidechains, payment channels, openbazaar, rootstock, voting pools, and new innovations on top of the bitcoin blockchain.
keewee
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:40:01 AM

Bitstamp's not sure if it's coming or going...

Pages: « 1 ... 13911 13912 13913 13914 13915 13916 13917 13918 13919 13920 13921 13922 13923 13924 13925 13926 13927 13928 13929 13930 13931 13932 13933 13934 13935 13936 13937 13938 13939 13940 13941 13942 13943 13944 13945 13946 13947 13948 13949 13950 13951 13952 13953 13954 13955 13956 13957 13958 13959 13960 [13961] 13962 13963 13964 13965 13966 13967 13968 13969 13970 13971 13972 13973 13974 13975 13976 13977 13978 13979 13980 13981 13982 13983 13984 13985 13986 13987 13988 13989 13990 13991 13992 13993 13994 13995 13996 13997 13998 13999 14000 14001 14002 14003 14004 14005 14006 14007 14008 14009 14010 14011 ... 33497 »
  Print  

Jump to: