June 20, 2024, 01:49:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 14542 14543 14544 14545 14546 14547 14548 14549 14550 14551 14552 14553 14554 14555 14556 14557 14558 14559 14560 14561 14562 14563 14564 14565 14566 14567 14568 14569 14570 14571 14572 14573 14574 14575 14576 14577 14578 14579 14580 14581 14582 14583 14584 14585 14586 14587 14588 14589 14590 14591 [14592] 14593 14594 14595 14596 14597 14598 14599 14600 14601 14602 14603 14604 14605 14606 14607 14608 14609 14610 14611 14612 14613 14614 14615 14616 14617 14618 14619 14620 14621 14622 14623 14624 14625 14626 14627 14628 14629 14630 14631 14632 14633 14634 14635 14636 14637 14638 14639 14640 14641 14642 ... 33463 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26403687 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:28:31 PM

It is the [use cost] that need to be increased!

Said no successful business in a competitive market anywhere.

Longterm Bitcoin has to gather enough fees to survive, without fees no miners.

Or in your business language: We can give away our product for free, said no successful business ever.

edit: the fees will longterm lead 1:1 to Bitcoins security. the higher the gathered fees the higher the security of the network.

Nobody will disagree with that. The question is if those fees will be paid by many tx, or just a few. If you limit the size of blocks to 1 MB (and hence, the number of tx to ~1700), the average fee/tx has to become very expensive (~$5 per tx).

With 1MB blocks Danny Hamilton estimates fees could reach as high as $100 a transaction.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:32:16 PM

With 1MB blocks Danny Hamilton estimates fees could reach as high as $100 a transaction.

Schweeet. The rest of Planet Earth will be beating down the blockchain's doors for the honour of one transaction. I can see them being given as wedding presents or instead of a dowry.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:33:45 PM

Nobody will disagree with that. The question is if those fees will be paid by many tx, or just a few. If you limit the size of blocks to 1 MB (and hence, the number of tx to ~1700), the average fee/tx has to become very expensive (~$5 per tx).

Size is already 1mb, "blocks are full", "mempool has a backlog of XX mb" and tx fees for 1st block inclusion are currently at 0.04USD.

https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

"The fastest and cheapest transaction fee is currently 30 satoshis/byte, shown in green at the top.
For the median transaction size of 369 bytes, this results in a fee of 11,070 satoshis."

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:38:33 PM

Or in your business language: We can give away our product for free, said no successful business ever.

Depends on what you mean by "for free" :- There's Google...

you pay google by advertisement

maybe we can put some advertisements on every TXs  Wink

"sponsored by Coca-Cola"
CuntChocula

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:42:29 PM

edit: the fees will longterm lead 1:1 to Bitcoins security. the higher the gathered fees the higher the security of the network.

Not sure how that works. Tx cost is (BTC $Price) * (25 BTC per block) / (2.7tps * 60sec * ~10mins) = 10,000 / 1620 = $6.17 <==lowest cost possible, i.e. blocks are full.
What am I doing wrong?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:43:11 PM

Schweeet. The rest of Planet Earth will be beating down the blockchain's doors for the honour of one transaction. I can see them being given as wedding presents or instead of a dowry.

Proclaim your love for her on the Blockchain. If you really love her?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:45:15 PM

Not sure how that works. Tx cost is (BTC $Price) * (25 BTC per block) / (2.7tps * 60sec * ~10mins) = 10,000 / 1620 = $6.17 <==lowest cost possible, i.e. blocks are full.
What am I doing wrong?

IDK. I'd have to find the sauce.

Don't MAKE me find the sauce. Angry
CuntChocula

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:46:38 PM

"sponsored by Coca-Cola"

Google didn't start out by charging for searches, email, etc. Had zero ad revenues because zero ads.
I guess Google should have started out by charging for its services, would have been a multi-gazillion-dollar co. by now.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2130

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:49:25 PM

To be fair, there is a mechanism to keep those fees down as others have suggested.

The problem is, that mechanism is disinterest in using Bitcoin.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:49:51 PM

What am I doing wrong?

He's talking about fees.
CuntChocula

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:58:43 PM

He's talking about fees.

Ah, gotcha, my bad. When > tx than can fit in a block, the fee becomes undefined. Meaning I'm simply gambling on my fee not getting pushed out by a higher one, blind auction style.

The actual cost per transaction, tho... On a positive note, if BTC price falls ~99%, we're back in reasonable territory Smiley
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:59:33 PM

^It'll be fun Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:59:49 PM

We wont give our costumers what they need
Your customers need free money. No doubt about that.

...especially with other better and efficient services raising... this really seems like a smart move.
Yes, it is a smart move. Get rid of such customers! Let them go to and ruin the other 'efficient services'.
If it is the only type of customers you have then you don't offer value in your service and you should change your business!

Read my previous comment, you really fail to understand the issue here, it is not about free or cheap transactions (although this is how we always advertised bitcoin) but it is about Block size, 90% of transactions in the queue have a valid paid fees. but there is no space to include them.

However, If you want me to pay $1 fee for a $20 worth of goods/services then I am telling you that Bitcoin is for sure failing.

I don't know what the fuck you are doing back and hanging out here and spreading your additional FUD regarding the perils and death of bitcoin?

Didn't you cash out of your total bitcoins about a year and a half ago, and you were proclaiming the same bullshit and then wouldn't leave the forum in order to keep rubbing in about how right you were about bitcoin going to zero, etc...etc. etc....

Why don't you go off and enjoy your bitcoin free life?  What you need to be hanging around this thread and telling bitcoin investors that bitcoin is dying, when you really are just making things up for some seemingly malicious intermeddling purpose.
Andre#

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 06:01:28 PM

My $5/tx comes from providing the same revenue to miners as today, without the current block reward (the original calculation was based on a BTC price of $340). What will happen if demand totally outstrips the supply of blockspace, that can be anything.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 06:01:30 PM

Coin

Explanation
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 06:06:42 PM

...especially with other better and efficient services raising... this really seems like a smart move.
Yes, it is a smart move. Get rid of such customers! Let them go to and ruin the other 'efficient services'.
If it is the only type of customers you have then you don't offer value in your service and you should change your business!

Read my previous comment, you really fail to understand the issue here, it is not about free or cheap transactions (although this is how we always advertised bitcoin) but it is about Block size, 90% of transactions in the queue have a valid paid fees. but there is no space to include them.

However, If you want me to pay $1 fee for a $20 worth of goods/services then I am telling you that Bitcoin is for sure failing.

I don't know what the fuck you are doing back and hanging out here and spreading your additional FUD regarding the perils and death of bitcoin?

Didn't you cash out of your total bitcoins about a year and a half ago, and you were proclaiming the same bullshit and then wouldn't leave the forum in order to keep rubbing in about how right you were about bitcoin going to zero, etc...etc. etc....

Why don't you go off and enjoy your bitcoin free life?  What you need to be hanging around this thread and telling bitcoin investors that bitcoin is dying, when you really are just making things up for some seemingly malicious intermeddling purpose.

I thought you were in my ignore list, I think it is time to revisit it... yea, but if you are curious: I am a developer and I develop services around crypto, besides, any developer can have an opinion about the Bitcoin block size issue...

BTW: it is not your problem how I do spend my precious time, instead of attacking my person you can argue my points (not that I think you understand a single thing about the technical side of Bitcoin)

Edit1: BTW, don't bother responding to this, you are already back to my ignore list, a troll with an inflated ego is what you are.

Edit2: I never left, I just stopped speculating, I had/have full hands with work on actual development.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 06:09:58 PM

"sponsored by Coca-Cola"

Google didn't start out by charging for searches, email, etc. Had zero ad revenues because zero ads.
I guess Google should have started out by charging for its services, would have been a multi-gazillion-dollar co. by now.

Part of why Google is so popular is because it did absolutely zero ads during their first startup, and this lead to everyone using it to recommend Google over other search engines, as there were barely any ads. And it's pretty much the same way now. The ads are very non-intrusive, and this is what is making them so much money.

I think Google migght only be the size of Bing or Yahoo if they started with ads, and there would most likely also be a more distributed market share.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 06:21:31 PM

"sponsored by Coca-Cola"

Part of why Google is so popular is because it did absolutely zero ads during their first startup, and this lead to everyone using it to recommend Google over other search engines, as there were barely any ads. And it's pretty much the same way now. The ads are very non-intrusive, and this is what is making them so much money.

I think Google migght only be the size of Bing or Yahoo if they started with ads, and there would most likely also be a more distributed market share.

the important part is: is google free in terms of no revenue? answer is: no. google obv get revenue. no revenue = no service. as simple as that.

CuntChocula

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 06:28:01 PM

maybe we can put some advertisements on every TXs  Wink

"sponsored by Coca-Cola"

the important part is: is google free in terms of no revenue? answer is: no. google obv get revenue. no revenue = no service. as simple as that.

The important part is had Google charged fees, or tried to monetize its services too early, it would have flopped.
That's why block rewards exist, think of those as VC cheddar, to let Bitcoin grow up before sending it out to earn its keep. And that's why capping blocksize is shortsighted at best.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 06:35:11 PM

Why don't you go off and enjoy your bitcoin free life?  What you need to be hanging around this thread and telling bitcoin investors that bitcoin is dying, when you really are just making things up for some seemingly malicious intermeddling purpose.

I thought you were in my ignore list, I think it is time to revisit it... yea, but if you are curious: I am a developer and I develop services around crypto, besides, any developer can have an opinion about the Bitcoin block size issue...

BTW: it is not your problem how I do spend my precious time, instead of attacking my person you can argue my points (not that I think you understand a single thing about the technical side of Bitcoin)

Edit1: BTW, don't bother responding to this, you are already back to my ignore list, a troll with an inflated ego is what you are.

Edit2: I never left, I just stopped speculating, I had/have full hands with work on actual development.

sounds like you are here to help to save us from ourselves... and so we will be experiencing more of your bullshit that selectively picks the facts you want to discuss all of the negative aspects of bitcoin... great... we have some additional trolling to look forward to...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes   Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 14542 14543 14544 14545 14546 14547 14548 14549 14550 14551 14552 14553 14554 14555 14556 14557 14558 14559 14560 14561 14562 14563 14564 14565 14566 14567 14568 14569 14570 14571 14572 14573 14574 14575 14576 14577 14578 14579 14580 14581 14582 14583 14584 14585 14586 14587 14588 14589 14590 14591 [14592] 14593 14594 14595 14596 14597 14598 14599 14600 14601 14602 14603 14604 14605 14606 14607 14608 14609 14610 14611 14612 14613 14614 14615 14616 14617 14618 14619 14620 14621 14622 14623 14624 14625 14626 14627 14628 14629 14630 14631 14632 14633 14634 14635 14636 14637 14638 14639 14640 14641 14642 ... 33463 »
  Print  

Jump to: