June 20, 2024, 10:35:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 14570 14571 14572 14573 14574 14575 14576 14577 14578 14579 14580 14581 14582 14583 14584 14585 14586 14587 14588 14589 14590 14591 14592 14593 14594 14595 14596 14597 14598 14599 14600 14601 14602 14603 14604 14605 14606 14607 14608 14609 14610 14611 14612 14613 14614 14615 14616 14617 14618 14619 [14620] 14621 14622 14623 14624 14625 14626 14627 14628 14629 14630 14631 14632 14633 14634 14635 14636 14637 14638 14639 14640 14641 14642 14643 14644 14645 14646 14647 14648 14649 14650 14651 14652 14653 14654 14655 14656 14657 14658 14659 14660 14661 14662 14663 14664 14665 14666 14667 14668 14669 14670 ... 33465 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26403937 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 06:02:08 PM

Coin

Explanation
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 06:02:59 PM

So kiddies, let's review:

What are the elements of a four punch raid?

Crash (to $352)? check
Bounce? check
pause? check
Spike (to $428)? check
second bounce (at $371)? check

so what's left? oh, that's right. A gradual loss of all upward momentum leading to the next crash.

I really don't want to have to strap on my moon suit but i usually trade against whatever sentiment is in this thread.

Now i'll have to buy!

You're welcome to borrow my fiat to buy on margin. I think there's still a little left at ~40% APR.

suckers.

What's the point of the insult? Bitch.

Do I have to fucking spell it out? I'll try to use small words so you morons can understand. I make money no matter which way the market goes because there is ~$25 Million in margin longs on BFX all the time. That jacks the dollar funding rate to 5-10X the BTC lending rate.

The only risk I have to worry about is BFX disappearing with all my money, and traders have that same risk in addition to exchange rate going against them.

It's not a generic insult. It's a specific insult to people who don't know how to trade but worse than that think there isn't anything to know that they don't already know. I can deal with stupid peoiple. I do it all the time every day. What is most unpleasant to deal with is stupid people who don't know they're stupid. Those are the people I really enjoy watching suffer.

It wasn't an accident that I got in in 2011 and you didn't. I'm smarter than you. If you don't agree, keep pumping and prove me wrong. If you can.

You are wrong all the time, especially recently since you have been preaching to sell since about $250.

Of course you have come around a few times to admit upward momentum, but you have been denying upward momentum since about $250. Helrow?

Liar! I have been saying that there shouldn't be upward momentum, but I never denied that there was.  I am constantly overestimating my fellow bitcoiner's intelligence. Momentum is largely calculated by watching the moving averages. I am not a master trader. That's why I mostly lend out my coins and fiat rather than trading them.  I am learning. What I am not doing, is risking more than I can afford to lose. I am not risking any margin calls. I am not blindly trusting that the blocksize issue will go away or be resolved easily by good-hearted people who have unselfish motives and wisdom.  I am not an idiot. I am not you.
barbs

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 06:19:10 PM

I must say i believe the situation is not critical and far from dire.

A medium sized whale, such as the Narwhal (aka Narhwale) the "unicorn of the sea" can easily turn this situation around.  IF you know anything about the Narhwhal (Monodon monoceros) it has a large tusk growing from a canine tooth - perfect for piercing 250-300BTC walls.  While the narwhal is threatened by global warming it is not yet extinct.  While trading in the narwhal's waters - watch out for it's sounds - it uses "click trains" or an echo to identify prey and locating poorly placed orders at short distances.  

I am sure we will see the Narwhal in action soon - when it comes to escaping predators narwhals typically use prolonged submergence to hide under the ice rather than relying on speed - the recent sharp drop is well within the narwhal's range. In the winter it lives under deep packs of ice and makes very deep dives to remain safe from predators however at current price levels we are now the narwhal's habitat.  

Despite these deep dives, as it is a mammal and needs oxygen to breathe, often times during the winter when the ice of the arctic waters are too thick, the Narwhal will suffocate.  Therefore the Narwhal is vulnerable to very large ask walls; it has to be very careful when choosing its habitat and avoiding predators in deep waters to be able to resurface from time to time in order to survive. But it will always need to come up for air from deep waters. So i believe it can take us back to 400$ and beyond.

I believe the current condition of the order books are ideal for the narwhal and he will no suffocate under the ask walls on bitstamp and with his canine tusks will save us and will save bitcoin.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 06:37:16 PM

i had a large portion of LTC bought at 0.68 sold at 0.50, i just checked the price and if i had been holding on my LTC and bought some dash, i would have probably made 9 times the investment i did at that time. but oh well, all i am happy with is that ive got my investment back with some profit and i am now in a better position than i was 5days ago with all the nail biting thing going on.

Probably the more alts you attempt, the more complicated it gets to juggle them around and to get the timing right.  I have never been too excited about alts, and I have not had too much luck with them.  Sometimes, it may be better to just take a loss, if you are having difficuliies keeping up with them, and sometimes they seem so cheap, but then you can still lose a lot of money on them when they go from $1 to $.13...

i will buy again, for sure i will. once i see a slight improvement in the price traction moving up, as slight as it might be, i seize the opportunity and buy as much as i can afford.

but as long as no solution is found for the current problem and stakeholders do not fear the price going way down it is now, i dont see any improvement happening until March-April.

the price might reach under $300 but it will rise again. the name, the fame will make it rise again. but not now. it will take time.

Once you cash out at a profit, the you can do whatever the fuck you want with those profits to reassess the market.  I had a friend that made the mistake of thinking that she needed to buy lower than her sell point... but that is fucked up thinking (especially since she, like you, had made more than $100 per BTC).  I think now she realizes that her profits were already realized in dollars, and she does not need to be able to increase her BTC.  All she needs to do is to decide how to employ those dollars and whether she believes the price is going up or down... and to decide at what point and how much to reinvest back in when feeling reassured that the downward potential is less likely (and of course, at that point reassessing the amount that she wanted to reinvest because she does not need to use the whole proceeds for reinvestment, and may decide to only reinvest 10% of the proceeds or some other amount that she deems to be prudent).

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 06:44:39 PM

The price didn't dropped below ~$377 for the 3th time, very strong resistance.

We coud be hanging in this range for the comming weeks and then a pump to $500-$600.

this is "self motivation", you know it wont rise to $500 soon.

None of us really know the short term direction of the price, and each of us assess probabilities differently.

For example, you, nor9865, may assess the BTC price market as being 60% down, 40% up and .0001% likely of over $500 in the next 3 months.

Maybe Passhaas has a different assessment, that may be somewhat reversed of yours  for example :  10% down, 90% up and 5% likely of over $500 in the next 3 months.

And, there can be all kinds of variations of these prediction probabilities that individuals assess, and then a question continues regarding how do we best reflect our own individual assessment of probabilities into our investment strategies, and accordingly, what is our time line for such and how often do we believe that we have to reallocate our own personal BTC portfolio in order to match our view of probabilities. 

Just because you sold half of your stash doesn't mean that others should come to a similar assessment regarding what the action that they should take at this point or their view about future probabilities should be affected by your action(s).
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:02:39 PM

Coin

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:11:38 PM

some serious altpumping going on at btc38

Wow Earthcoin? they must've made a mistake as it should be Etherium. Both have ETH though.

This post seems to be OFF TOPIC in at least two degrees of irrelevance....

Sometimes, there could be some connections with the pumpings and dumpings of alts to the BTC market; however, in this instance, we are looking at a chart involving CNY (chinese currency) volume.. how the fuck irrelevant is that to the BTC wall speculation situation?

Some would even argue that there is not so much of a connection regarding the BTC/CNY walls because of the no fees and the bots employed in that market; however, at least BTC/CNY is only one degree of irrelevance, rather than two.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:18:43 PM

Who has been holding from $502, $475, $465, and $428? 

When are you gonna sell? at $350? 300? 200?

Price can't go up because transaction volume can't go up. It's that simple, so unless you know about some secret deal between core, nodes and miners to increase capacity, enjoy watching the value of your holdings slowly deteriorate.

You are a fucking jerk when you spin and threaten with your exaggerations.

The price is up and down and up and down.. but mostly up, especially in the past year, and you remind me of some playground bully who is attempting to mislead with spin and trying to take away the marbles.

HODL your marbles people....

hahahahaha...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Hodl and buy more marbles... dollar cost average, and things should continue to progress with bitcoin... in the meantime, including this year is likely going to be decent for BTC prices, whether you already had coins or if you are buying in the $300s, $400s or $500s.

Actually, I'm not sure if there are too many people who are newbies reading this thread... but just in case, HODL... and buy.

He totally reminds of the guy that played Biff in Back to the Future. "What are you looking at, butthead?"
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:18:51 PM

Price can't go up because transaction volume can't go up. It's that simple, so unless you know about some secret deal between core, nodes and miners to increase capacity, enjoy watching the value of your holdings slowly deteriorate.

Grow up. We have a responsibility as bitcoin owners. It's not enough to just hodl. When our network is being managed poorly, we as stakeholders need to speak up and if the core maintainers don't listen, we have to communicate in a way that will get their attention. We have to dump, because if the price doesn't go down, miners have no incentive to help implement a scaling upgrade.

Thank you to everyone who dumped. I'm sorry it was necessary and to be honest more dumping may be necessary because Core seems to have a tin ear.  Even the miners want to upgrade, but they are too terrified of a controversial hard fork. So, we have to give them something worse to be terrified of. Aaalrighty then. We can do that.

I like the way you edited out the remainder of my earlier post  (NOT)...

Anyhow, you are fabricating duties, and just on some bullshit mission of destruction.

There is no duty to dump...

And, you are making out this scaling problem to be much greater than it is.

There is no emergency, there is no sabotage from core.  The only sabotage are from goofballs like you, whether you are paid shills or just misinformed or evil in other ways.

The way to build bitcoin is to work together and to propose various solutions and to attempt to convince in constructive rather than destructive manners....

juangee.. u should stop spreading false rumors that nothing is wrong with bitcoin.

I am not really saying anything except for asserting that all of the exaggeration about defects in bitcoin are over exaggerated... how the fuck does that make me the one who is spreading any rumors..

I am responding to the multiple bullshit and overhype...

That's one of the things wrong with some of you various FUD spreaders... you frequently like to attempt to reverse the tables with your FUD spreading and suggest that the person calling the bullshit is the one who is actually spreading the FUD... what idiocy in this world of trolls who are disingenuously spreading bullshit... and claiming others are doing the same as them   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes    Tongue Tongue Tongue     Cry Cry Cry

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:26:15 PM

So kiddies, let's review:

What are the elements of a four punch raid?

Crash (to $352)? check
Bounce? check
pause? check
Spike (to $428)? check
second bounce (at $371)? check

so what's left? oh, that's right. A gradual loss of all upward momentum leading to the next crash.

I really don't want to have to strap on my moon suit but i usually trade against whatever sentiment is in this thread.

Now i'll have to buy!

You're welcome to borrow my fiat to buy on margin. I think there's still a little left at ~40% APR.

suckers.

What's the point of the insult? Bitch.

Do I have to fucking spell it out? I'll try to use small words so you morons can understand. I make money no matter which way the market goes because there is ~$25 Million in margin longs on BFX all the time. That jacks the dollar funding rate to 5-10X the BTC lending rate.

The only risk I have to worry about is BFX disappearing with all my money, and traders have that same risk in addition to exchange rate going against them.

It's not a generic insult. It's a specific insult to people who don't know how to trade but worse than that think there isn't anything to know that they don't already know. I can deal with stupid peoiple. I do it all the time every day. What is most unpleasant to deal with is stupid people who don't know they're stupid. Those are the people I really enjoy watching suffer.

It wasn't an accident that I got in in 2011 and you didn't. I'm smarter than you. If you don't agree, keep pumping and prove me wrong. If you can.

You are wrong all the time, especially recently since you have been preaching to sell since about $250.

Of course you have come around a few times to admit upward momentum, but you have been denying upward momentum since about $250. Helrow?

Liar! I have been saying that there shouldn't be upward momentum, but I never denied that there was.  I am constantly overestimating my fellow bitcoiner's intelligence. Momentum is largely calculated by watching the moving averages. I am not a master trader. That's why I mostly lend out my coins and fiat rather than trading them.  I am learning. What I am not doing, is risking more than I can afford to lose. I am not risking any margin calls. I am not blindly trusting that the blocksize issue will go away or be resolved easily by good-hearted people who have unselfish motives and wisdom.  I am not an idiot. I am not you.

BullyJoeAllen:    You are a shit stirrer and an exaggerator, when you do not need to be. 

I don't have any problem with your various claims if you would stop engaging in deceptive exaggerations and bragging and putting others down.  NO need for that in order to make your various points.  It is like you are trying to be so outrageous and seeking attention that you scare others away from participating in any kind of meaninful dialogue because you are such a bully.

Actually, let me say it.... to you bullyjoeallen.. the contents of your various posts speak for themselves with your ongoing pushing of your own agenda, broken record. etc etc...

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:28:23 PM

The price is up and down and up and down.. but mostly up, especially in the past year, and you remind me of some playground bully who is attempting to mislead with spin and trying to take away the marbles.

HODL your marbles people....

hahahahaha...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Hodl and buy more marbles... dollar cost average, and things should continue to progress with bitcoin... in the meantime, including this year is likely going to be decent for BTC prices, whether you already had coins or if you are buying in the $300s, $400s or $500s.

Actually, I'm not sure if there are too many people who are newbies reading this thread... but just in case, HODL... and buy.

He totally reminds of the guy that played Biff in Back to the Future. "What are you looking at, butthead?"

I think that is why his new nick should appropriately be BullyJoeAllen...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 07:34:20 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2016, 07:45:20 PM by billyjoeallen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-t2PDrqPCc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC_uaDhSlME
WeltMaster

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:48:39 PM

Cmon bitcoin Sad

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 08:14:36 PM

Segregated Witness  Cool
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 08:20:17 PM

fucking cheap coin if you ask me, and billy being bearish is a pretty darn good indicator, we're going up.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 08:21:25 PM

Segregated Witness  Cool

Unless they hard fork "Segregated Witness  Cool" + 2MB they gonna get pummeled.

Too little too late.

Better luck next time.
CuntChocula

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 08:26:47 PM

fucking cheap coin if you ask me, and billy being bearish is a pretty darn good indicator, we're going up.

Adam simply posting is best indicator.
Down we go.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 08:26:59 PM

Segregated Witness  Cool

Unless they hard fork "Segregated Witness  Cool" + 2MB they gonna get pummeled.

Too little too late.

Better luck next time.

why are you saying this?

bitcoin will implement Segregated Witness shortly, why not?
quadriple7

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 08:28:29 PM

when the price will start rising? we need a lot of price changes in my opinion if we want to attract more people to bitcoin and if we want to have more investors
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 08:30:31 PM

when the price will start rising? we need a lot of price changes in my opinion if we want to attract more people to bitcoin and if we want to have more investors
it will rise now.

price is sure to go up and down like a cheap hooker with a QR code as a tramp stamp
Pages: « 1 ... 14570 14571 14572 14573 14574 14575 14576 14577 14578 14579 14580 14581 14582 14583 14584 14585 14586 14587 14588 14589 14590 14591 14592 14593 14594 14595 14596 14597 14598 14599 14600 14601 14602 14603 14604 14605 14606 14607 14608 14609 14610 14611 14612 14613 14614 14615 14616 14617 14618 14619 [14620] 14621 14622 14623 14624 14625 14626 14627 14628 14629 14630 14631 14632 14633 14634 14635 14636 14637 14638 14639 14640 14641 14642 14643 14644 14645 14646 14647 14648 14649 14650 14651 14652 14653 14654 14655 14656 14657 14658 14659 14660 14661 14662 14663 14664 14665 14666 14667 14668 14669 14670 ... 33465 »
  Print  

Jump to: