May 02, 2024, 11:02:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 14614 14615 14616 14617 14618 14619 14620 14621 14622 14623 14624 14625 14626 14627 14628 14629 14630 14631 14632 14633 14634 14635 14636 14637 14638 14639 14640 14641 14642 14643 14644 14645 14646 14647 14648 14649 14650 14651 14652 14653 14654 14655 14656 14657 14658 14659 14660 14661 14662 14663 [14664] 14665 14666 14667 14668 14669 14670 14671 14672 14673 14674 14675 14676 14677 14678 14679 14680 14681 14682 14683 14684 14685 14686 14687 14688 14689 14690 14691 14692 14693 14694 14695 14696 14697 14698 14699 14700 14701 14702 14703 14704 14705 14706 14707 14708 14709 14710 14711 14712 14713 14714 ... 33316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371104 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:51:59 PM

The logarithmic uptrend is broken on the five year chart.  If you wanna zoom out, zoom out motherfucker. It's the scalability problem.  It's gotta get a lot worse before it gets better (IF it gets better) because some people are so stupid, they require an extreme amount of pain before they learn anything. 

You're not trading efficiency for censorship resistance. Majority mining power is concentrated in one country with a totalitarian government. The People's Bank of China has a million man army behind them and they could take over our network with a few phone calls.  The only reason Bitcoins functions is because the ChiComs LET it function. That  battle has already been lost. So smallblockers want to keep bitcoin from scaling for NO REASON!

So we're going down or sideways.  If we go up, new users are attracted, blocks fill up, transactions slow down and get expensive,  then we have to go down or face a network congestion failure. 

They got us. The bad guys won. Subsidized electricity and consensus governance brought us down. Meanwhile a bunch of other cryptocurrencies are waiting in the wings to claim the prize we fucking threw away. 

Why get so emotional regarding the topic?

And, what is the big deal if some alt takes over bitcoin? 

If there is a better alt, then let it pave the way, and we can all jump on board that one...

The fact of the matter is that there is no alt that is even in any parameters of close to bitcoin...

Name one?

You can't because you are just spreading bullshit FUD regarding non-important and speculative matters...

Your matters are so speculative that they are even beyond the scope of this  speculation thread because they are lacking almost any foundation... especially ones concerning the supposed pending take over of some not-yet identified alt coin.

RIPPLE .

Ripple is really laughable with their level of scams and totally centralized and Premined.

Do you really and seriously believe  people are  going to buy into that rather than Bitcoin.

Furthermore the computing power and security of Bitcoin is a very important strength that needs to be considered in any take over of Bitcoin's position. So, I believe any replacement should at least be working towards coopting bitcoins computing power, and ripple has no vision for that?

In other words,  At the moment ripple sounds a bit ridiculous to me as even being close to a potential Bitcoin competitor ( or replacement).

until bitcoin can scale it is #GimpCoin ..... four more months and an entire year will have passed .. at some point we have to call bullshiat on the seeming incompetence. #GimpedCoin

as for ripple, it is not the same thing as bitcoin. however, i can create a ripple address and fund it with ripple, and then buy gold in Singapore kept stored in a vault against that ripple address. I cannot do that with #GimpCoin that I am aware of...

you keep saying bitcoin is decentralized.. yet the Marshal's Auction Pump 2015 shows us that bitcoin is being controlled by the USA govy ... there is no other explanation for the surge to $500 at that time. i am calling it like i see it... bullshiat that bitcoin surged to $500 cuz of a russian pyramid scheme and chinese rushing in to buy bitcoins... and that bitcoin is maintaining this price levels during the blockchain scaling fiasco.. cuz.... bitcoin. ... calling bullshiat on it .
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:55:11 PM

The logarithmic uptrend is broken on the five year chart.  If you wanna zoom out, zoom out motherfucker. It's the scalability problem.  It's gotta get a lot worse before it gets better (IF it gets better) because some people are so stupid, they require an extreme amount of pain before they learn anything.  

You're not trading efficiency for censorship resistance. Majority mining power is concentrated in one country with a totalitarian government. The People's Bank of China has a million man army behind them and they could take over our network with a few phone calls.  The only reason Bitcoins functions is because the ChiComs LET it function. That  battle has already been lost. So smallblockers want to keep bitcoin from scaling for NO REASON!

So we're going down or sideways.  If we go up, new users are attracted, blocks fill up, transactions slow down and get expensive,  then we have to go down or face a network congestion failure.  

They got us. The bad guys won. Subsidized electricity and consensus governance brought us down. Meanwhile a bunch of other cryptocurrencies are waiting in the wings to claim the prize we fucking threw away.  

Why get so emotional regarding the topic?

And, what is the big deal if some alt takes over bitcoin?  

If there is a better alt, then let it pave the way, and we can all jump on board that one...

The fact of the matter is that there is no alt that is even in any parameters of close to bitcoin...

Name one?

You can't because you are just spreading bullshit FUD regarding non-important and speculative matters...

Your matters are so speculative that they are even beyond the scope of this  speculation thread because they are lacking almost any foundation... especially ones concerning the supposed pending take over of some not-yet identified alt coin.

RIPPLE .

Is that supposed to be a joke. If Ripple is BTC's replacement count the ***** out, I am not moving over to some centralized "trust based" coin. If that's the name of the game I'll stick to cash.

BTC is king, just the developers need to start delivering on their promises instead of bickering about this blocksize issue. The unspoken problem with this blocksize debate is how much resources it is taking away from developing opportunities just because nobody can agree on a damn block size. Meanwhile, Ethereum is gaining ground there is no denying it. I'd rather ETH take over than Ripple, but my main wish is for this blocksize thing to get solved reasonably so that btc can see some REAL development and we can see the network effect take action. Swallow the smaller coins' good features making them obsolete. We don't need positive news from mainstream media, we need to make our own positive news that is so compelling that mainstream media picks it up.

Guess what ?? in case you missed it: ETHERIUM CANT SCALE.. .............and "bitcoin cannot do it by itself".. ripple is a different beast than bitcoin... the USA govy fined RIPPLE a huge fine recently for some lame bullshiat they made up to justify the theft ... that fact is enough for me to jump onboard with RIPPLE .. RIPPLE is not the same thing as bitcoin, or any of the other alts you mentioned.. it is its own beast.

try to recall that the obama administration told everyone to NOT use iodine while the clouds of radiation rolled overhead.. they said iodine is bad for your health.. they lied.. i been taking iodine in different forms regularly  since the accident and i have had ZERO adverse health affects... u can read my new book dropping march 09th if ya want to learn more about that since it is off-topic... however, i do not do what the obama admin wants me to do .. those guys are idiots.

Something new to look forward to. The Aztecminer book pump, coming to a Bitcointalk forum thread near you.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue

its in my tag. i dont have to do that. i will just pay amazon to advertise it on amazon... wow amazing technology can ya believe it ??
WeltMaster

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:57:17 PM

Shit lads..

Are we like..

Novemeber 24th or what?

aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 04:57:54 PM

Ripple's a joke and a scam.

: BITCOIN CANNOT SCALE .. it is a JOKE.. the sudden surge to $500 during the Marshal's Auction Pump 2015 was a scam pump .
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:00:39 PM

: BITCOIN CANNOT SCALE .. it is a JOKE.. the sudden surge to $500 during the Marshal's Auction Pump 2015 was a scam pump .

The only scaling problem Bitcoin has is in intelligent people as 99% of the people joining Bitcoin in the last year is mentally retarded. The block size is fine and it doesn't need to scale in transactions to be extremely valuable.

Ripple is the same system as we have (fiat) but then created by a company. Great. Amazing. Why are we discussing it on a crypto forum?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:01:40 PM

Coin

Explanation
WeltMaster

Activity: 437

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:02:24 PM

>le bitcoin cannot scale xDxDxD

Do people actually fall for this meme?
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:07:30 PM

The only scaling problem Bitcoin has is in intelligent people as 99% of the people joining Bitcoin in the last year is mentally retarded. The block size is fine and it doesn't need to scale in transactions to be extremely valuable.

Ripple is the same system as we have (fiat) but then created by a company. Great. Amazing. Why are we discussing it on a crypto forum?

i agree, ripple is a fiat system... however...so is bitcoin. from previous posts:

1. bitcoin has not been straightforward about the bitcoin cap of there only ever being 21 million bitcoins ever produced. bitcoin will eventually be forced to raise this cap beyond 21 million simply because people forget their encryption keys and therefore bitcoins are lost. maybe a person has a cold storage wallet full of bitcoins and he suddenly dies. those coins are gone forever.

out of all those 99% mentally retarded users of bitcoin, how many are going to lose their bitcoins cuz they died, or simply lost their encryption keys .. bitcoin is a glorified fiat system.

if you want out of fiat then you buy pms.

until bitcoin can scale, then it can't. .. they have been arguing over it for EIGHT MONTHS .. we are now moving into the realm of total incompetence. #ridiculousness #GimpedCoin #99%RetardsinLastYear
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:12:04 PM

don't worry, its not just you guys .... i been dissing on bitcoin everywhere i go.. LOL . #GimpedCoin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:12:32 PM

Ah ok.
Well I don't know how they would want to do it. Yes exchanges are not anonymous, but you don't use exchange if you want anonymous. You pays and receive in btc and if you want cash you go through local bitcoin  Grin

CoinBase sent me a nastygram telling me that they were dropping my daily limit due to their data showing that I was selling my bitcoins on localbitcoins. ...

I worry about you, Elwar. Perhaps start some sort of a cash business, like a hot dog stand maybe, to explain those bags of dirty fiat you bring to your bank?

After localbitcoins blocked Germany I only do a few trades a month now with people I've been meeting for a while. Usually about 1-2k per month, enough to pay for rent, food and a few vacations here and there.

I haven't had a bank account here since August. I only recently opened another one because I might possibly be leaving Europe and will need to convert any cash I have back into bitcoins.

Ok it could be the volume that triggered their suspicions, but if you are sending the coins directly back and forth from a local bitcoins account, it also becomes more obvious to them and raising a red flag.

I'm also wondering based on coinbase already having that rule regarding local bitcoins, Maybe if you would have been taking measures to send coins to various other accounts, and it becomes a bit more difficult for them to determine exactly how you are using your coins.  

I'm worried about the same for me, and I have several accounts, and I don't tend to send directly to or from local bitcoins. So that adds one more leg, but may not resolve the potential flagging of the account issue in the end.  

Ya, it is probably the volume since I tend to have about $1-2k worth of bitcoins on my localbitcoins wallet and tend to use that as my spending wallet since I can access it at work. Can't access CoinBase or blockchain.info. Had no idea they cared at all about using localbitcoins.

I suppose there could be a variety of activities in which your account could raise suspicions and to be flagged.

Here's a link to a recent rendition of Coinbase's description of the policy:

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1905681-localbitcoins-and-coinbase

My understanding is like they discuss they are attempting to be compliant with various AML regulations... and the financial banking issues regarding whether your activity is constant with personal use or a money transmitter.

At this point, I believe that they have done their job if they have at least done preliminary checks on how you are using your account and maybe even have some algorithms that are triggered based on certain kinds of activities, and that is why i was suggesting that if you have multiple bitcoin accounts and divide up the volume in a variety of ways, then your account won't trigger the algorithms (furthermore have some explanation for your activity in the event that they attempt to limit your account).

Probably through the years some of these measuring tools will become more sophisticated, and hopefully, we also are able to develop a variety of tools in this space to be able to preserve some anonymity and freedom with our use of our bitcoins.

I am in no way advocating anything illegal, but I do aspire for the continued maintenance and developments of various bitcoin tools that allow for both anonymity and fungibility.  Cash has these components of anonymity and fungibility and bitcoin should aspire to this as well (and one of the major advantages of bitcoin will be that it will not depreciate as greatly as does the holding of cash).

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:16:31 PM

Something new to look forward to. The Aztecminer book pump, coming to a Bitcointalk forum thread near you.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue

its in my tag. i dont have to do that. i will just pay amazon to advertise it on amazon... wow amazing technology can ya believe it ??

Fair enough.

If your book(s) resemble anything near the level of the logic and substance of your forum posts, it seems to me that you are going to need all of the advertisement that you can get.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:17:51 PM

Fair enough.

If your book(s) resemble anything near the level of the logic and substance of your forum posts, it seems to me that you are going to need all of the advertisement that you can get.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

yeah probably..
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:30:08 PM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/russian-finance-ministry-proposes-a-2-year-prison-sentence-for-bitcoin-adopters/
ahpku

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:36:32 PM

Been brewing for awhile...

Bitstamp Bans Access from Russia "Temporarily"
"Russian users of popular Bitcoin exchange Bitstamp are struggling to gain access to their trading accounts, due to the company’s decision to temporarily [Hahahahaha -ed] block access from all Russian IP addresses. According to the database of FSSCIM, as of January 18, 2016, Bitstamp is granted full access and there are no pending attempts to restrict access to the site."
“To ensure compliance with the new regulatory regime, protect affiliate service providers, and most importantly – protect our valued customers in Russia – Bitstamp has decided to temporarily block access to its website from Russian IP addresses until we can assess the situation with more clarity.”

It begun!

Russian Bear Fed Up With Bitcoin Bullshit

Russia's Ministry of Finance has developed a new version of its proposed law that would seek to both outlaw and apply criminal penalties for activities involving digital currencies, according to a report by Russian news source Interfax.

Citing sources from within the Russian government, Interfax reports that acquiring, selling and distributing cryptocurrencies would be punishable with fines of 300,000 rubles ($4,574) or through up to 360 hours of correctional labor under the new bill.

Should such infractions be committed by an agency or group, the fines for such activities would increase to 500,000 rubles ($7,623).
ahpku

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:38:43 PM

The only scaling problem Bitcoin has is in intelligent people as 99% of the people joining Bitcoin in the last year is mentally retarded. ...

They'd pretty much have to be, no?
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:39:50 PM

Been brewing for awhile...

I seem to remember they started talking about this in 2014.

http://rbth.com/business/2014/02/05/russia_becomes_the_second_country_to_ban_bitcoin_33871.html
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 06:01:30 PM

Coin

Explanation
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 06:02:47 PM

YO! u landlubbin HODLERS.. surrender yo bitcoins to us! the next punch is coming. (got ya covered while u away billyjoe) #FourPunchRaiders
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 06:10:43 PM

YO! u landlubbin HODLERS.. surrender yo bitcoins to us now! the next punch is coming. (got ya covered while u away billyjoe) #FourPunchRaiders

You are all over the place Mr. Aztec...

I thought a punch is an upward BTC price movement, even though the overall claim coming from you and BJA (even though you guys seem to be saying different things) is that BTC prices are moving downward until a purportedly necessary fix of BTC is achieved.

I get the sense that you, Aztec, are asserting that a fix of BTC cannot be achieved because BTC is all a mirage and pump mostly orchestrated by the US Gov, and BJA is suggesting that a fix could be achieved (if they followed some intelligent guidance from people like him (BJA that is)), even though in the end, historically, BJA has demonstrated over and over through his posts (since 2011 or so) that he likes to whine and be emotional and to exaggerate about something or another no matter what in order to get a lot of attention and to talk his book.
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 06:12:19 PM

I may actually start buying here. This thing moves slow.
Pages: « 1 ... 14614 14615 14616 14617 14618 14619 14620 14621 14622 14623 14624 14625 14626 14627 14628 14629 14630 14631 14632 14633 14634 14635 14636 14637 14638 14639 14640 14641 14642 14643 14644 14645 14646 14647 14648 14649 14650 14651 14652 14653 14654 14655 14656 14657 14658 14659 14660 14661 14662 14663 [14664] 14665 14666 14667 14668 14669 14670 14671 14672 14673 14674 14675 14676 14677 14678 14679 14680 14681 14682 14683 14684 14685 14686 14687 14688 14689 14690 14691 14692 14693 14694 14695 14696 14697 14698 14699 14700 14701 14702 14703 14704 14705 14706 14707 14708 14709 14710 14711 14712 14713 14714 ... 33316 »
  Print  

Jump to: