May 05, 2024, 08:15:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 16094 16095 16096 16097 16098 16099 16100 16101 16102 16103 16104 16105 16106 16107 16108 16109 16110 16111 16112 16113 16114 16115 16116 16117 16118 16119 16120 16121 16122 16123 16124 16125 16126 16127 16128 16129 16130 16131 16132 16133 16134 16135 16136 16137 16138 16139 16140 16141 16142 16143 [16144] 16145 16146 16147 16148 16149 16150 16151 16152 16153 16154 16155 16156 16157 16158 16159 16160 16161 16162 16163 16164 16165 16166 16167 16168 16169 16170 16171 16172 16173 16174 16175 16176 16177 16178 16179 16180 16181 16182 16183 16184 16185 16186 16187 16188 16189 16190 16191 16192 16193 16194 ... 33325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372525 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:19:02 AM

something that one can observe very often:

if stamp moves either up or down that move is also made by the other exchanges, be it huobi, okcoin, finex, whatever

but if lets say huobi starts a big move and stamp doesnt follow, then thats it. huobi backs off and comes back again.

so stamp is the one that has to "confirm" any movement in china, if that doesnt happen then the move fails.

edit: thats why its so interesting at the moment. lets see if china has to back off or they have the power to drag stamp higher.

not really, china always controls the price.

nope, china controlling the price and being the reason for the rally is just the message that's perfect for the media and noobs.

That majority of volume of trading and ming is in china and you are trying to tell me that they dont influence the price?

Miners are just selling to cover their costs thats all. Doesnt matter if its chinese miners, swedish miners or american miners. They all behave the same.

Trading volume in china is known to be fake, mostly exchange-bots.

Its just a nice story that everyone likes to believe and media likes to sell newbies.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:19:12 AM

Most people who book profit too early in a bubble end up being tempted to buy back in as they watch incredulously at a seemingly impossible rise. Even the great Newton wasn't immune to this.

You point at the moon, I look at your finger. But I'm trying to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDW6vkuqGLg
Go to 1:15
lol  Cheesy
HyphyBTC

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:28:37 AM

My guess is all those shorts start liquidating on Finex above $1150, so they are trying their hardest to keep it under. I will be ready for fireworks once its breaks.
Stevenirving

Activity: 296
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:35:25 AM

When do I sell?! I have lost the ability to figure anything out  Huh
Life savings are stuck in there. No sleep tonight!
isov

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:38:13 AM

Seems like it's ATH almost everywhere else but Finex and Stamp. Truly wild arbitrage too. Now lets see where can this take us after it's ATH all around and gold parity is reach etc. Going to be some good media I'd guess.
Bitcoinb0b

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:39:50 AM

if stamp moves either up or down that move is also made by the other exchanges, be it huobi, okcoin, finex, whatever

but if lets say huobi starts a big move and stamp doesnt follow, then thats it. huobi backs off and comes back again.

so stamp is the one that has to "confirm" any movement in china, if that doesnt happen then the move fails.

edit: thats why its so interesting at the moment. lets see if china has to back off or they have the power to drag stamp higher.

nope, china controlling the price and being the reason for the rally is just the message that's perfect for the media and noobs.

That majority of volume of trading and ming is in china and you are trying to tell me that they dont influence the price?

Miners are just selling to cover their costs thats all. Doesnt matter if its chinese miners, swedish miners or american miners. They all behave the same.

Its just a nice story that everyone likes to believe and media likes to sell newbies.

whatever u say bud
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:40:39 AM

Well I decided to move/sell 3.6 btc via coinbase.....going on 2 hrs unconfirmed...ugly...ugly....
had standard fee included (or always was that way in the past) so....busy busy...the btc transaction elves they are...

says fine at coinbase end.in that is showed and is unconfirmed there too..but still annoying....may drag out a bit huh?

prepare for a dump in price before I can cash out..the crypto gods hate me Smiley (you have been warned..I broke the price rise)

(or so it seems most times I try to cover my butt somewhat on such rapid rises w/some buffer to $$$ on such a rise)

Killerpotleaf

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:43:04 AM

china's volume is likely highly exaggerated but its got to be somewhat real... its not hard to believe that the country with the largest population, largest amount of hashing power, its poeple know to be risk takers and have many large investors(who's buying up all the housing all over the world? the F'in chinese!) not to mention the nature of their fiat... would lead bitcoin.
plus there exchanges have suckered in poeple from all over the world to speculate on BTC with CNY because of 0% fees.
Killerpotleaf

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:46:41 AM

Well I decided to move/sell 3.6 btc via coinbase.....going on 2 hrs unconfirmed...ugly...ugly....
had standard fee included (or always was that way in the past) so....busy busy...the btc transaction elves they are...

says fine at coinbase end.in that is showed and is unconfirmed there too..but still annoying....may drag out a bit huh?

prepare for a dump in price before I can cash out..the crypto gods hate me Smiley (you have been warned..I broke the price rise)

(or so it seems most times I try to cover my butt somewhat on such rapid rises w/some buffer to $$$ on such a rise)

the "standard fee" is constantly going up if you didnt pay >10cents your gana be waiting a while.
in anycase, your efforts to feed the gigantic whale are much appreciated
Ted E. Bare

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Bear with me

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:48:30 AM

Their volume has also increased after the bitfinex hack because people left that place. Claims that their volume is fake is considered a lame attempt of FUD in my book.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:56:07 AM

Most people who book profit too early in a bubble end up being tempted to buy back in as they watch incredulously at a seemingly impossible rise. Even the great Newton wasn't immune to this.

There must have been people who sold at $140 at the start of the 2013 rally because the price had quickly doubled up from $70. Afterwards the best chance of buying back in they would get is at about $200 over a year later. 
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:56:41 AM

the "standard fee" is constantly going up if you didnt pay >10cents your gana be waiting a while.
in anycase, your efforts to feed the gigantic whale are much appreciated

hmm....got electric to pay and the last of my knc liguidation loan (3k) to pay on those miners (which officially roi with that payment) so happy that way
as to the btc xfer...I have blockchain hot wallet set to add fee...so I gather they don't adjust any and at a rate a couple weeks back? thus the wait?

damn never thought to check that

yeah had to feed some to the 'whale' to keep the hamsters in their "hamster wheels"  on the titans/fed/warm and happy...ugly little knc rodents they are Smiley

still hoarding the rest thou...I usually pay such with LTC but that is ugly at 0.00407 ltc to btc so holding off...eventually that will replace above in BTC

'twiddling thumbs' looking at unconfirmed on blockchain.info.....yea....I have a 'hobby'

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:57:50 AM

china's volume is likely highly exaggerated but its got to be somewhat real... its not hard to believe that the country with the largest population, largest amount of hashing power, its poeple know to be risk takers and have many large investors(who's buying up all the housing all over the world? the F'in chinese!) not to mention the nature of their fiat... would lead bitcoin.
plus there exchanges have suckered in poeple from all over the world to speculate on BTC with CNY because of 0% fees.

The chinese are pretty good at understanding resource scarcity (resources / population) because that's what they have been trained to do all their lives, whether it's food, real estate, etc etc.

If you live in a country with 1.4 billion people it's pretty easy to figure out what that means with only 16 million bitcoins around...
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:58:28 AM

There must have been people who sold at $140 at the start of the 2013 rally because the price had quickly doubled up from $70. Afterwards the best chance of buying back in they would get is at about $200 over a year later. 

I don't want to talk about how many I sold at $3 because the price had tripled.  I was going to be making huge profits on my GPU mining at $1, so there was no way $3 was sustainable.   Cry
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:00:54 AM

The chinese are pretty good at understanding resource scarcity (resources / population) because that's what they have been trained to do all their lives, whether it's food, real estate, etc etc.

If you live in a country with 1.4 billion people it's pretty easy to figure out what that means with only 16 million bitcoins around...

The link below the guy claims that chinese are NOT using BTC to move $$ out in mass. There are still better methods....he said he tried a business doing so and it went no place...
so if he is correct we have seen nothing yet

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitquant-founder-bitcoin-useless-for-dodging-china-capital-controls

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:04:45 AM

Next time, check this:
https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

Coinbase, banks, etc will all take commissions that will be in the tens of dollars for a 4k USD tx, so it's a crime not to spend 10 extra cents in fees for first priority (hint: there is no standard fee). But I think it'll go upwards in terms of price so in that case you'll be glad it got delayed.

The link below the guy claims that chinese are NOT using BTC to move $$ out in mass. There are still better methods....he said he tried a business doing so and it went no place...
so if he is correct we have seen nothing yet

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitquant-founder-bitcoin-useless-for-dodging-china-capital-controls

The capital control narrative always sucked. Using BTC as a vehicle does not create such an upward price pressure of 2x (600->1200) in a couple of months.

You buy one place, sell another place, and then loop the process - but the supply/demand equilibrium is ultimately not very affected because you used the BTCs to dump them.

On the other hand, using BTC as a diversified store of value and an investment, in light of a probable devaluation, makes sense.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:05:48 AM

“...It's the policy of the Chinese government to gradually get rid of currency controls and to liberalize the economy so that more things are done by the market. One way they do this is to wink at people and tell them that if they do illegal thing X, they won't end up in jail, and see what happens. If the world doesn't blow up they make it legal.”

Greatest quote in a while....
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:09:17 AM

Next time, check this:
https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

Coinbase, banks, etc will all take commissions that will be in the tens of dollars for a 4k USD tx, so it's a crime not to spend 10 extra cents in fees for first priority (hint: there is no standard fee). But I think it'll go upwards in terms of price so in that case you'll be glad it got delayed.

Yeah I hold btc or mostly move LTC for this kinda electric/rent and hamster feed for the titan gerbils in their treadmills.....but LTC is so ugly ratio wise went this route

I suppose I should get off my ass and not just depend on www.shapeshift.io and www.cointbase.com anymore if I'm moving beyond dust or buying dust
on coinbase.....(again groan...more stuff to do.....)

good to know that may be the future to do in order to feed the knc titan hamsters and keep them happy on rent/elec etc

YES...suddenly after 2.75 hours it has confirmed.....wheee....... Smiley (hamsters singing in basement from hamster wheels) Smiley This song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qN72LEQnaU Hamster Dance Song. (hey it covers up the fan noise on 20 cubes)

NOW back on topic...I should start a thread on IF when I move this BTC after confirmation the price will be going up or dumping because the crypto gods hate me.
UP please would make for a great change after 2 years. (still scar'd from 2014 dump in price ..shudder) Sad

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:11:53 AM

I don't want to talk about how many I sold at $3 because the price had tripled.  I was going to be making huge profits on my GPU mining at $1, so there was no way $3 was sustainable.   Cry

I heard about Bitcoin when you could CPU mine it, but thought it would never catch on. There must be thousands of people who missed out on a slice of the pie in the early days. On the positive side we might be like the early adopters in five years from now. People could be talking about milli Bitcoins the way we talk about Bitcoins by then.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:16:42 AM

I heard about Bitcoin when you could CPU mine it, but thought it would never catch on. There must be thousands of people who missed out on a slice of the pie in the early days. On the positive side we might be like the early adopters in five years from now. People could be talking about milli Bitcoins the way we talk about Bitcoins by then.

had a buddy at NASA died in 2005 ..found his co-workers with NASA handles on bitcoinwhaletalk when it was up on teamspeak..they ALL got into BTC early...and retired ..hundreds of
millions each ...thought it would be more fun the folding..me I could not hear them too well on the details..was smashing head into keyboard....I had no one to send me a memo...too
bad Qazz would have loved this stuff RIP.

Pages: « 1 ... 16094 16095 16096 16097 16098 16099 16100 16101 16102 16103 16104 16105 16106 16107 16108 16109 16110 16111 16112 16113 16114 16115 16116 16117 16118 16119 16120 16121 16122 16123 16124 16125 16126 16127 16128 16129 16130 16131 16132 16133 16134 16135 16136 16137 16138 16139 16140 16141 16142 16143 [16144] 16145 16146 16147 16148 16149 16150 16151 16152 16153 16154 16155 16156 16157 16158 16159 16160 16161 16162 16163 16164 16165 16166 16167 16168 16169 16170 16171 16172 16173 16174 16175 16176 16177 16178 16179 16180 16181 16182 16183 16184 16185 16186 16187 16188 16189 16190 16191 16192 16193 16194 ... 33325 »
  Print  

Jump to: