May 07, 2024, 06:59:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 16907 16908 16909 16910 16911 16912 16913 16914 16915 16916 16917 16918 16919 16920 16921 16922 16923 16924 16925 16926 16927 16928 16929 16930 16931 16932 16933 16934 16935 16936 16937 16938 16939 16940 16941 16942 16943 16944 16945 16946 16947 16948 16949 16950 16951 16952 16953 16954 16955 16956 [16957] 16958 16959 16960 16961 16962 16963 16964 16965 16966 16967 16968 16969 16970 16971 16972 16973 16974 16975 16976 16977 16978 16979 16980 16981 16982 16983 16984 16985 16986 16987 16988 16989 16990 16991 16992 16993 16994 16995 16996 16997 16998 16999 17000 17001 17002 17003 17004 17005 17006 17007 ... 33329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26373296 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:53:24 PM

Guys, i made so much on altcoin/bitcoin, i now can choose, where i would live and buy a small house.
No wife or kids or any chains whatsoever, my demands are humble, and I´m free.
Any recommendations ?
But it should be a bitcoin-friendly country.
Buying a Lambo is stupid.

You´re all talking about england, i´m talking about small little friendly people, who welcome me, when i arrive.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ARTISTCOLONY

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:08:52 PM

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder758/500x/75885758/one-does-not-simply-one-does-not-simply-work-at-bitpay-without-being-a-tolkien-fan.jpg

$2250 cement

Cool

hodllllllll bitpayyyyyyy weeeeeee
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:30:46 PM

Close to sell 100% and buy in at 1600... I am in since 2012 and I could swear I´ve seen this scenario too many times. When the price hovers at the same range for too long after a pump and dump, it will slowly drop day by day. Today is 2200, tomorrow is 2100, sunday is 1900 etc. We know this...

It is more important to realize that in the USA it is a long weekend due to a holiday, the banks won't be transferring any $ until Tuesday. This is not the first holiday weekend that has seen huge dumps. The people that will have the most money on the exchanges this weekend are the people that sold, not the people that are waiting on wired funds to buy the "cheap" coins. Expect to see a rise in price Monday afternoon, I wouldn't try to catch any knives until the earliest of Sunday evening.
Seems UK is also having a holiday this weekend. https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays

But I don't know anything for sure, just merely speculation and history.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:31:57 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 11:46:58 PM by r0ach

Interesting to drop by very occasionally to see who's around, gone mad, still hodling, etc. I see r0ach has flipped.

The only reason I mess with bitcoin now is to try and profit on swings.  I don't see any reason to support bitcoin ideologically since it's completely inferior to gold and silver as money and a store of value, while it's also inevitable that if bitcoin doesn't die, it will be co-opted by the state - turning it into a cashless society slave system.  I articulated all of those reasons in this post:

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@r0achtheunsavory/the-r0ach-report-13-why-the-economics-of-bitcoin-don-t-actually-work-what-satoshi-really-meant-when-he-said-the-price-would

Bitcoin is more like a cult based on a bad economic system rather than sound money.  Yes, you can make money in the short term, but only because it's designed as a get rich quick scheme to try and force others to buy in higher.  But in the long run, it has to actually function as a store of value...and it doesn't.  The second the majority of market participants realize this, the bottom will drop out and all that money will head to the base of Exter's pyramid (gold and silver).  I prefer silver for higher upside potential.
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:34:06 PM

I already rent. I live in a dirt-cheap secure bunker in a great neighborhood in downtown Toronto surrounded by a close-knit community of artists, musicians, writers, beatniks, hippies, hipsters, punks, immigrants and general riffraff.

I'm surrounded by bars, bistros, patios, booze cans, live music, original artwork, gourmet food and shops selling everything imaginable.

My rent is less than the maintenance fees on even the cheapest condo.

Sounds like Maitland Ave☺

LOL   Grin

No. I'm what they call a breeder.

I live in Kensington Market.

Don't worry, we're open-minded about everybody, LGBTQ included.

Unlike that other "village", we don't even mind uniformed police officers. It makes them easier to spot.  Wink

Al Waxman!

The King of Kensington!

lol
ARTISTCOLONY

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:34:22 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 11:52:44 PM by ARTISTCOLONY

Close to sell 100% and buy in at 1600... I am in since 2012 and I could swear I´ve seen this scenario too many times. When the price hovers at the same range for too long after a pump and dump, it will slowly drop day by day. Today is 2200, tomorrow is 2100, sunday is 1900 etc. We know this...

It is more important to realize that in the USA it is a long weekend due to a holiday, the banks won't be transferring any $ until Tuesday. This is not the first holiday weekend that has seen huge dumps. The people that will have the most money on the exchanges this weekend are the people that sold, not the people that are waiting on wired funds to buy the "cheap" coins. Expect to see a rise in price Monday afternoon, I wouldn't try to catch any knives until the earliest of Sunday evening.
Seems UK is also having a holiday this weekend. https://www.gov.uk/bank-holidays

But I don't know anything for sure, just merely speculation and history.

$2420 on yobit!!! Shocked upping ===> i'm going there to monkey around<<<

news:*polo trollo = "rollback machines" look USDT polo is jacking death drop tactics..tbc<<

http://static.buzznet.com/uploads/2016/03/beaker.gif
orpington

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:38:59 PM

Again

bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:42:36 PM

Interesting to drop by very occasionally to see who's around, gone mad, still hodling, etc. I see r0ach has flipped.

The only reason I mess with bitcoin now is to try and profit on swings.  I do not see any reason to support bitcoin ideologically since it's completely inferior to gold and silver as money and a store of value, while it's also inevitable that if bitcoin doesn't die, it will be co-opted by the state, turning it into a cashless society slave system.  I enumerated all of those reasons in this post:

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@r0achtheunsavory/the-r0ach-report-13-why-the-economics-of-bitcoin-don-t-actually-work-what-satoshi-really-meant-when-he-said-the-price-would

There are many stores of value. But it's better we don't go into that argument again.

I have one question for you... Why that obsession you have with gold and silver? I already know your opinion about Bitcoin, so... What do you think about real estate? Excepting some of the past years it has historically been a great store of value which can also give you some additional yearly returns (3-10%).
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 11:47:32 PM

Ready for $500 bitcoins again....
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:50:51 PM

The only reason I mess with bitcoin now is to try and profit on swings.  I don't see any reason to support bitcoin ideologically since it's completely inferior to gold and silver as money and a store of value, while it's also inevitable that if bitcoin doesn't die, it will be co-opted by the state - turning it into a cashless society slave system.  I articulated all of those reasons in this post:

https://steemit.com

Bitcoin is more like a cult based on a bad economic system rather than sound money.  Yes, you can make money in the short term, but only because it's designed as a get rich quick scheme to try and force others to buy in higher.  But in the long run, it has to actually function as a store of value...and it doesn't.  The second the majority of market participants realize this, the bottom will drop out and all that money will head to the base of Exter's pyramid (gold and silver).  I prefer silver for higher upside potential.
I still don't see why YOU are posting HERE

If you don't believe in Bitcoin perhaps you should go and peddle your logic in a forum of your peers?
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:52:20 PM

The only reason I mess with bitcoin now is to try and profit on swings.  I do not see any reason to support bitcoin ideologically since it's completely inferior to gold and silver as money and a store of value, while it's also inevitable that if bitcoin doesn't die, it will be co-opted by the state, turning it into a cashless society slave system.  I enumerated all of those reasons in this post:

There are many stores of value. But it's better we don't go into that argument again.

I have one question for you... Why that obsession you have with gold and silver? I already know your opinion about Bitcoin, so... What do you think about real estate? Excepting some of the past years it has historically been a great store of value which can also give you some additional yearly returns (3-10%).

Because real estate is in a horrific bubble.  We will need someone really old, like dinosaur age to confirm this (maybe Jimbo), but I believe in ancient times, you could buy a house with only 2x the average yearly salary.  Now the price is more like 4-10x or higher.  Real estate will collapse at least in half.  CB's just reinflated the real estate bubble again to try and prevent a deflationary collapse.  Economic collapse is coming no matter what they do.  The more they try to manipulate to stop mark to market mechanics and extend the bubble, the bigger the crash will be and the more profit will be made from gold and silver.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 11:54:17 PM

Bitcoin is more like a cult based on a bad economic system rather than sound money.  Yes, you can make money in the short term, but only because it's designed as a get rich quick scheme to try and force others to buy in higher.  But in the long run, it has to actually function as a store of value...and it doesn't.  The second the majority of market participants realize this, the bottom will drop out and all that money will head to the base of Exter's pyramid (gold and silver).  I prefer silver for higher upside potential.

If you don't believe in Bitcoin perhaps you should go and peddle your logic in a forum of your peers?

Posting steemit links makes him money. Crypto money.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:57:31 PM

Posting steemit links makes him money. Crypto money.

Nah, I just know both Larimers so decided to use their system instead of some weird site like Medium.  Most of what I type isn't politically correct, so it's also less likely to be censored there.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:00:54 AM

Because this joint attracts enough fellow anti semites for some reason.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:08:18 AM

Because this joint attracts enough fellow anti semites for some reason.

Yes, you're so correct.  There are only 195 countries in the world and the jews have been kicked out of over 100 of them since 0 AD, not because they always attempt to form a state within a state to the detriment of the native population - while also practicing usury enslavement against them - but because everyone on earth is just so irrationally anti-semitic!
deepcolderwallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:10:32 AM

I just phone ahead to make sure they have enough coins, then head over and pay them cash anonymously for coins directly from their laptop into a paper wallet I supply.. They honor the price listed on their website.

I'm pretty sure they own and operate their own ATM. They're a small family business.

The last couple of days they've displayed this:

Have you ever cashed any out there Jimbo?

No. I only buy and hoard. (hoadr?)

The only time I ever sold any Bitcoin was to sell $150 worth because I was short on pocket cash and was going to the ballpark.

I did that when Decentral still had their ATM on premises. I hadn't thought that I'd have to wait for 6 confirmations to get my cash. Silly me. I didn't want to miss a pitch so I went to the game and realized I didn't really need to sell after all. I didn't go thirsty. Got my cash after the game.

Now if I ever needed a small amount of cash to tide me over, I'd go to Deloitte. They don't charge any fee to sell but they have a $100 daily limit:

For larger amounts I'd use York Foreign Exchange. They're downtown and only charge 3%. I'm not sure of their limit but a friend sold $2000 worth recently with no problem:

Thanks for this tip. It'll be useful when visiting Canada.
bitjanja

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:38:41 AM

Lubing up for a drop below $2000 over the weekend. I has a sad about Bitcorn lately Sad

i really never see the logics of this forum...

1. yesterday i posted exactly 20 minutes before the dump, that it felt like the dump was gonna happen in matter of mins / hours.
2. i even asked for other peoples opinions about it
3. majority wanted to hung me for not following the "to the moon" thing
4. Dump happened (and the "denial" phase kicked in for most fanbois here)
 Lips sealed

Now:

second bottom hit, pretty near same levels, all signals indicate that most likely some rebound incoming with some price consolidation time... during the weekend. This looks like the most plausible scenario to me, by looking at charts.

Of course, everything can happen, it can go lower. But in the short term, and by that i mean -> "this weekend" and probably longer, i see it stable and breaking upwards.

So, if you are a noob and you are reading these, beware of all these "bitcoin going to 500$" and "these weekend will drop below 2000$". They arent the oracle, nor am i. demand for opinions with TA analysis behind also, not for crazy theories about asia demographics or for statements like "ive been here since 2010 and its always the same, it WILL go to 1600$ tomorrow so sell sell sell

jesus motherfuking crist, this place is like a southpark episode

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 12:41:40 AM

Lubing up for a drop below $2000 over the weekend. I has a sad about Bitcorn lately Sad

1. yesterday i posted exactly 20 minutes before the dump, that it felt like the dump was gonna happen in matter of mins / hours.
 Lips sealed

Now:

second bottom hit, pretty near same levels, all signals indicate that most likely some rebound incoming with some price consolidation time... during the weekend. This looks like the most plausible scenario to me, by looking at charts.

Of course, everything can happen, it can go lower. But in the short term, and by that i mean -> "this weekend" and probably longer, i see it stable and breaking upwards.

So, if you are a noob and you are reading these, beware of all these "bitcoin going to 500$" and "these weekend will drop below 2000$". They arent the oracle, nor am i. demand for opinions with TA analysis behind also, not for crazy theories about asia demographics or for statements like "ive been here since 2010 and its always the same, it WILL go to 1600$ tomorrow so sell sell sell

You're crazy! Weekend crash! We're all gonna die!
orpington

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:41:44 AM

Lips sealed

Now:

Uhh definitely upwards from here.
ARTISTCOLONY

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:47:10 AM

http://cdn.history.com/sites/2/2013/11/stock-market-crash-of-1929-newspaper-AB.jpeg

Cool

#bitcoin greatest hits
Pages: « 1 ... 16907 16908 16909 16910 16911 16912 16913 16914 16915 16916 16917 16918 16919 16920 16921 16922 16923 16924 16925 16926 16927 16928 16929 16930 16931 16932 16933 16934 16935 16936 16937 16938 16939 16940 16941 16942 16943 16944 16945 16946 16947 16948 16949 16950 16951 16952 16953 16954 16955 16956 [16957] 16958 16959 16960 16961 16962 16963 16964 16965 16966 16967 16968 16969 16970 16971 16972 16973 16974 16975 16976 16977 16978 16979 16980 16981 16982 16983 16984 16985 16986 16987 16988 16989 16990 16991 16992 16993 16994 16995 16996 16997 16998 16999 17000 17001 17002 17003 17004 17005 17006 17007 ... 33329 »
  Print  

Jump to: