June 20, 2024, 01:41:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17466 17467 17468 17469 17470 17471 17472 17473 17474 17475 17476 17477 17478 17479 17480 17481 17482 17483 17484 17485 17486 17487 17488 17489 17490 17491 17492 17493 17494 17495 17496 17497 17498 17499 17500 17501 17502 17503 17504 17505 17506 17507 17508 17509 17510 17511 17512 17513 17514 17515 [17516] 17517 17518 17519 17520 17521 17522 17523 17524 17525 17526 17527 17528 17529 17530 17531 17532 17533 17534 17535 17536 17537 17538 17539 17540 17541 17542 17543 17544 17545 17546 17547 17548 17549 17550 17551 17552 17553 17554 17555 17556 17557 17558 17559 17560 17561 17562 17563 17564 17565 17566 ... 33463 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26403681 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:46:24 PM

Real estate isn't really "stuff".

It's a hell of a lot more "stuff" than make believe super mario tokens.  The only downside is that in lieu of hyperinflation, the price of real estate should collapse to 1/2 or less of what it is now, so they will likely print us into hyperinflation to prevent deflationary collapse since it's the lesser evil of allowing the system to continue for a brief period longer.  Silver is one of the few underpriced assets on the entire planet right now, while gold is also lower than it should be, but not anywhere to the extent of silver.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5070

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:48:18 PM

It seems though that the oligarchs of the coming deflationary crypto-economy are largely free of this consumerist mindset. Makes me hopeful for the future - having large numbers of wealthy individuals concerned more about sponsoring models of a sustainable society as opposed to flaunting personal material wealth is a step in the right direction!

Even though I do see the odd "I'll buy a Lambo when BTC hits xx$ price" but it is the responsibility of the community to create a culture in which this kind of behavior will be frowned upon and denigrated as backwards. We shall pay no respects to this kind of behavior - quite the opposite!

I'm hopeful for this as well. But for many Bitcoiners I see talking about their future, I'm not so convinced.

Going back to the brainwashing thing, I should mention that it is so powerful and insidious that in the U.S., millions of people play the lotto every week just for a tiny chance of striking it rich.

But if you go back and interview U.S. lotto winners (people who won $Ms) years after they won, statistically you find out that 98% of them blew every single dollar on "stuff" and are now completely bankrupt. That's how powerful the brainwashing is at birth, that these people just cannot help but buy buy buy all the crap that "society" said will make them happy.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:49:29 PM

So let's accept we are all doomed and i little sheeple just await the end. This saves me a lot of otherwise lost time. See you there! Cheesy

Nobody is doomed, we just repeat ww2 all over again as nationalists vs the international marxist jews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFIuATI0558

As you can see in that short video, history has repeated itself exactly because the marxists jews won ww2 and enacted all of the exact same actions over again, forming a state within a state and monopolies in media and finance (and govt by proxy) through nepotism to the detriment of the native inhabitants to try and rule over them as slaves.  This is engrained in their make believe talmudic doctrine that you are "goyim" slaves and they are the "chosen ones" to rule over you. If anyone attempts to enslave you, it's perfectly reasonable to defend yourself and expel them.

Just like Hitler said "are you willing to be plundered?", and the answer is no.  There are no "everyone wins" choices in this.  Most famous leaders through history had to make many Machiavellian choices where lots of people lose. Hitler is framed as the most "evil" leader, when in reality, people like Caesar were probably more brutal; yet nobody demonizes Caesar because...the Gauls Caesar fought don't control the media to use as their personal propaganda outlet, but the people Hitler fought do.

Jews didn't attack Hitler. Hitler invaded countries.

Jews attack people every day through usury and economic warfare.  Their intelligence agencies' motto is "by way of deception".  They don't field troops on a battlefield due to their small number.  They would be crushed instantly.  Everything is done by backstabbing, subterfuge, and other dishonest manipulation and trickery.  They're a pathetic, Woody Allen-like paper tiger that can only do things like financial manipulation and media propaganda.  As soon as they are named and exposed to the general public, they and all of their Goldman Sachs and federal reserve snakes will be destroyed.  It's getting close to that time now.
aesma

Activity: 2436
Merit: 921

fly or die

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:51:48 PM

Usury was the job Christians gave Jews when they banned them from other jobs.
Elwar
Legendary

Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 12:56:26 PM

If I had thousands of BTC I would definitely sell some to buy a couple of apartments. Sure I will lose the opportunity of BTC going higher for those coins, but at the same time I would protect my future.

Real Estate is certainly a wise investment. But I look at the US long term real estate market with two major things hanging over its head. The baby boomer generation that is now the retiring generation and soon to be in the old folks homes generation leaving a lot of empty homes. Also, property only holds its value because the government protects those property rights. As the US debt climbs and the budget requires more and more money to fund just the interest on that debt there will be a struggle by the government to find new sources of revenue. Property owners may end up in the cross hairs (among many sources) as they are already paying taxes...what's another one added on. Either through their local government, the state or the federal government directly. Or just simply the expanded use of eminent domain. When the majority of voters do not own property...they now own your property.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:57:44 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2017, 01:11:56 PM by r0ach

Usury was the job Christians gave Jews when they banned them from other jobs.

Lol, that's a great lie you got there.  Religions ban usury because it's just an evil, obfuscated form of slavery, yet they're going to allow others to practice this evil against them?  Yea, no.  Many of these Ashkenazi Khazars aren't even real jews.  They converted to Judaism in the 5th century AD or something to avoid war with christians and muslims, then started trying to insert themselves as middlemen into these nation's affairs and lending to their kings to wage war against each other.  

They then decided why go through a middle man like a king when they can just issue the money directly to the citizens as a loan (debt based currency), so they were instrumental in overthrowing the monarchs in places like the French revolution.  The entire history of the modern world is nothing but Jewish economic warfare trying to enslave the common man.  They are parasites that have to be expelled.  It doesn't matter if not all of them are guilty of it. The facts through history show that if you only throw one or two of their Bernie Madoffs in jail, they are instantly replaced by new ones.  This is why so many nations have expelled ALL of them, over 109 times and counting.

Anyone that has a shred of knowledge on finance or history is against this evil cult.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:13:54 PM

I didn't really understand what she was talking about so I asked "like what?". Her response was "property"..."or a mansion".

I just told her I would rather retire than worry about stuff.

A little mansion (or bunker) in the right place could help you to get fiscal residence there and could be useful for your retirement. Like in Panama maybe.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:27:15 PM

I feel a weekend pump coming...will we push above $5k or is that going to be a tough one to push through?

On a different note I got a text from my sister of "wow, $4,400 that's amazing". I replied that I was pleased. She replied saying "you should start buying stuff".

I didn't really understand what she was talking about so I asked "like what?". Her response was "property"..."or a mansion".

I just told her I would rather retire than worry about stuff.

I think she is talking about diversifying your investment... that you convert some of your "digital money" into some "real assets" just in case it goes down again. It's a reasonable advice coming from a non-believer. And she is not completely wrong anyways.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:34:06 PM

I think she is talking about diversifying your investment... that you convert some of your "digital money" into some "real assets" just in case it goes down again. It's a reasonable advice coming from a non-believer. And she is not completely wrong anyways.

Diversifying a little bit into some other deflationary hard assets might not be a bad thing along the way. But what most people don't understand is that holding out for longer can reap enormous upside for bitcoin, so diversifying too soon can feel like a big mistake.

For example, why convert 20 bitcoins for a $86K piece of property now, when you might be able to do that for as little as 2 bitcoins just 5 years from now? Five years from now that property is not going to cost much more, if any more. Of course no one knows the future of the market, but the upside potential with bitcoin is unbelievable. Holding out on diversifying reaps crazy rewards.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:36:50 PM

It's a hell of a lot more "stuff" than make believe super mario tokens.  The only downside is that in lieu of hyperinflation, the price of real estate should collapse to 1/2 or less of what it is now, so they will likely print us into hyperinflation to prevent deflationary collapse since it's the lesser evil of allowing the system to continue for a brief period longer.  Silver is one of the few underpriced assets on the entire planet right now, while gold is also lower than it should be, but not anywhere to the extent of silver.

I think you know even less about real state than you do about Bitcoin. The real state bubble exploded years ago. Maybe in some places/locations/type of property there is still some overprice.... but there are LOTS of great buying opportunities.

Ie: PLease tell me how do you consider this overpriced, and how could it go 1/2 from here?:

https://www.idealista.com/inmueble/32360792/

It's just an example. Could show you hundred of others.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:39:59 PM

I think you know even less about real state than you do about Bitcoin. The real state bubble exploded years ago. Maybe in some places/locations/type of property there is still some overprice.... but there are LOTS of great buying opportunities.

It completely depends on where you live. In the UK it most certainly has not exploded.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:40:26 PM

Ie: PLease tell me how do you consider this overpriced, and how could it go 1/2 from here?:

Lol an appartment like that would be around 175.000 where I live =D
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:55:00 PM

175.000 is really not very meaningful on an international website.  Is that a decimal place or a separator?  Also, is that denominated in Bitcoins or a fiat currency?

julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:57:37 PM

It's in Euro's, just like the link in the post I quoted.

Was checking around and prices have seem to have gone up, it's more like 200k euro's now haha.
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:11:05 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2017, 02:32:19 PM by CoinCube

Jews!

For those interested in why r0ach position on this issue lacks insight and is ultimately foolish I would refer you to our prior debate on this topic.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082909.msg19727955#msg19727955

As this is the Wall Observer thread not the "It's all the Jews fault" thread I will refrain from copying those prior arguments here.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:13:30 PM

It completely depends on where you live. In the UK it most certainly has not exploded.

Yep, there are places where the effect has not been so big. Also premium places usually always have some fixed demand AND sellers just can wait for years without hurry for selling, so price keeps high.

But as a bargain hunter I can tell you, there are good investments in real state you can find. Of course nowhere near the ROI Bitcoin have had for the past couple years... but more "safe" investment... thus less potential return.

[/quote]

And also where I live... And I can't even imagine the price of an equivalent apartment in the middle of Manhattan. But that is a different story.
I am just saying it is possible to do good investments in real state nowadays if you do your homework.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:16:38 PM

Was checking around and prices have seem to have gone up, it's more like 200k euro's now haha.

Thanks for pointing that out.  My apologies but the posts are coming in fast and furiously.  I just don't have time to read everything and I usually don't follow links.
You could buy a detached home with a bit of property in most states of the USA with that kind of money!
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:20:44 PM

You could buy a detached home with a bit of property in most states of the USA with that kind of money!

Not for long though, so get one while you can. The deep state's long term plan is to eventually have all of the U.S. housing sector to look like Europe's: a bunch of really expensive, unaffordable 1-bedroom shoeboxes stacked on top of one another with no land that you actually own underneath.

Which is why they love so much rampant immigration, especially into the metro areas, because they know that the incoming residents will be good with it since they are already accustomed to such meager living conditions.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:21:25 PM

Diversifying a little bit into some other deflationary hard assets might not be a bad thing along the way. But what most people don't understand is that holding out for longer can reap enormous upside for bitcoin, so diversifying too soon can feel like a big mistake.

For example, why convert 20 bitcoins for a $86K piece of property now, when you might be able to do that for as little as 2 bitcoins just 5 years from now? Five years from now that property is not going to cost much more, if any more. Of course no one knows the future of the market, but the upside potential with bitcoin is unbelievable. Holding out on diversifying reaps crazy rewards.

Yes, until it doesn't. It's called diversifying for a reason. You diversify potential returns vs risk. A well balanced portfolio should include a mix with different risk levels. Elwar has been very fortunate in his past moves until now. That's undeniable. But it would make sense to start diversifying even if a little. YOu don't do it to earn more, you do it to LOCK some. You don't LOCK everything either. The percentages are variable depending on how aggressive or convervative one wants his portfolio to be.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:24:18 PM

Thanks for pointing that out.  My apologies but the posts are coming in fast and furiously.  I just don't have time to read everything and I usually don't follow links.

For 36.500€ or for 175.000€?

Another problem in the USA is that property is HEAVILY taxed yearly. No wonder most people there don't own their homes, but rent it.
Pages: « 1 ... 17466 17467 17468 17469 17470 17471 17472 17473 17474 17475 17476 17477 17478 17479 17480 17481 17482 17483 17484 17485 17486 17487 17488 17489 17490 17491 17492 17493 17494 17495 17496 17497 17498 17499 17500 17501 17502 17503 17504 17505 17506 17507 17508 17509 17510 17511 17512 17513 17514 17515 [17516] 17517 17518 17519 17520 17521 17522 17523 17524 17525 17526 17527 17528 17529 17530 17531 17532 17533 17534 17535 17536 17537 17538 17539 17540 17541 17542 17543 17544 17545 17546 17547 17548 17549 17550 17551 17552 17553 17554 17555 17556 17557 17558 17559 17560 17561 17562 17563 17564 17565 17566 ... 33463 »
  Print  

Jump to: