May 03, 2024, 02:26:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 ... 33318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:15:54 PM

Manipulation!!!!!
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:16:00 PM

Paint drying tracker...

Braindump:

When was the last time you were ready to answer the question, "So what's the price of Bitcoin then?" and could answer confidently WITHOUT checking the chart?

Currency volume is at its lowest this year.

Several days of stability with dwindling volume has happened once before this year around $48, then leading to a second wind for the spike to $200+.

Me I've been mining LTC, a little FTC. Doing real world things, perhaps this is good, been getting better quality of sleep anyway Smiley

Can Bitcoin survive another hibernation period? Should we welcome it? Am I assuming too much again and is this merely the intermission before an exciting Act III?

Were you at the conference? If you had been I don't think you would think we were in a "hibernation period" more things are happening now then ever. The good news is that the exchange rate is becoming less and less an indicator of how much in bitcoin world is happening. In reality TONS of things are going on that isn't related to the exchange rate. Bitcoin is more active then ever.

That's the entire purpose of a conference, is to make people think "things are happening".  I won't read much into it until I actually "see" things happening.  

Back on the exchange front...there is continued pressure to move higher but that wall at 123, doesn't want to move for anything.  Maybe as the rest of America wakes up, they may see the push into 123 and shift their positions.

Ahhh, there is the coinseeker we all know and...
Come on now, you are putting BTC and the a lot of the community behind it in a negative light with statements like the bolded above.

If you want to see what is actually happening just follow the bitcoinchannel.com - One of the more interesting bits of news from Bitpay was 6 days ago: "Back in March I noted that the company was putting up mind-boggling growth rate numbers.  Incredibly, the tremendous growth rate continues as they added another 1,900 merchants in April and are currently signing up around 100 additional merchants a day.  " http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-16/peter-thiel-gets-bitcoin-bug

You guys are so sensitive, it's like talking with a bunch of girls who just finished watching "The Notebook".  I've been in sales a long time and have been to countless conventions.  They are just shows people.  They don't mean anything.  You look for what traction comes from those conventions, not the actual convention itself.  It's a networking opportunity, display your products and you follow up on leads, from that convention/show.  It means nothing, if nothing comes out of it...and that's why I said "see".  Sheesh.

No, it's just that some of us prefer more a considered use of words than just slapping them around.  The pity is that you actually add quite constructively to the discussion now and then otherwise I'd just have you on ignore all the time but it's a high price to pay to read through this kind of stuff to get to the odd useful bit.

I wasn't at the convention and of course there were people there paying for their service to get noticed and bigging up their own products and services but from what I understand of the videos and write-ups I've seen it was very much about what is happening.  So if someone says 'We added 1,900 in April' what do you want to 'see'?  Their proof?  If someone says 'We have partnered with x and are providing this service' do you actually need to try out the service for yourself before you believe they're doing it?
icekiss

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:16:20 PM

Probably someone who wants to drive the price down to be able to buy cheaper.

it appears to be well coordinated too: just now on bitstamp a 500BTC ask wall appeared at 118.35

I am curious how much movement this will generate...

I'll wager a prediction: if the price does move down, those two walls will follow.

Then again, I can't image how they expect to get much movement at current volume, with 2000BTC needed just to get below 122BTC on mt.gox.  Huh
Coinseeker

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:26:28 PM

No, it's just that some of us prefer more a considered use of words than just slapping them around.  The pity is that you actually add quite constructively to the discussion now and then otherwise I'd just have you on ignore all the time but it's a high price to pay to read through this kind of stuff to get to the odd useful bit.

I wasn't at the convention and of course there were people there paying for their service to get noticed and bigging up their own products and services but from what I understand of the videos and write-ups I've seen it was very much about what is happening.  So if someone says 'We added 1,900 in April' what do you want to 'see'?  Their proof?  If someone says 'We have partnered with x and are providing this service' do you actually need to try out the service for yourself before you believe they're doing it?

Look, you're really blowing this way out of proportion.  The convention just ended.  All I said was "I" wasn't putting much stock into it at this point.  Me...not anyone else, I didn't try to lead people to think as I do, I simply said "I" and especially as it relates to the current price.  Whether or not the convention was a success, is something I personally will determine over the next coming weeks.  Again, "I" don't think it's going to have any immediate effect on the price or volume and to this point, it hasn't. 
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:30:31 PM

it appears to be well coordinated too: just now on bitstamp a 500BTC ask wall appeared at 118.35

I'll wager a prediction: if the price does move down, those two walls will follow.

Then again, I can't image how they expect to get much movement at current volume, with 2000BTC needed just to get below 122BTC on mt.gox.  Huh

Hmmm...interesting.  I see the one on Stamp and that's probably going to mess with my plans.  At least we have something to look at, even if it turns out to be nothing.   Tongue
Ultraviolet

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:53:18 PM

The real wall master is at BTC-E. 900BTC @~116.30

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:03:27 PM

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:18:38 PM

"Come on then, if you think your hard enough"!
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:20:18 PM

"Come on then, if you think your hard enough"!

"And where do you think you're going?"
ardana123

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:30:21 PM

did someone just buy half that wall?
icekiss

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:32:53 PM

yep, 660BTC just got bought. That probably wasn't the intent of whomever put that wall there...  Cheesy
ardana123

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:34:07 PM

why would someone buy that much at 123...
bito

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:45:18 PM

Well, if you are bullish, a wall like that means you don't get much price slippage when you buy.
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 03:56:51 PM

Well, if you are bullish, a wall like that means you don't get much price slippage when you buy.

That's true.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:00:51 PM

Paint drying tracker...

Braindump:

When was the last time you were ready to answer the question, "So what's the price of Bitcoin then?" and could answer confidently WITHOUT checking the chart?

Currency volume is at its lowest this year.

Several days of stability with dwindling volume has happened once before this year around $48, then leading to a second wind for the spike to $200+.

Me I've been mining LTC, a little FTC. Doing real world things, perhaps this is good, been getting better quality of sleep anyway Smiley

Can Bitcoin survive another hibernation period? Should we welcome it? Am I assuming too much again and is this merely the intermission before an exciting Act III?

Were you at the conference? If you had been I don't think you would think we were in a "hibernation period" more things are happening now then ever. The good news is that the exchange rate is becoming less and less an indicator of how much in bitcoin world is happening. In reality TONS of things are going on that isn't related to the exchange rate. Bitcoin is more active then ever.

That's the entire purpose of a conference, is to make people think "things are happening".  I won't read much into it until I actually "see" things happening.  

Back on the exchange front...there is continued pressure to move higher but that wall at 123, doesn't want to move for anything.  Maybe as the rest of America wakes up, they may see the push into 123 and shift their positions.

Ahhh, there is the coinseeker we all know and...
Come on now, you are putting BTC and the a lot of the community behind it in a negative light with statements like the bolded above.

If you want to see what is actually happening just follow the bitcoinchannel.com - One of the more interesting bits of news from Bitpay was 6 days ago: "Back in March I noted that the company was putting up mind-boggling growth rate numbers.  Incredibly, the tremendous growth rate continues as they added another 1,900 merchants in April and are currently signing up around 100 additional merchants a day.  " http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-16/peter-thiel-gets-bitcoin-bug

You guys are so sensitive, it's like talking with a bunch of girls who just finished watching "The Notebook".  I've been in sales a long time and have been to countless conventions.  They are just shows people.  They don't mean anything.  You look for what traction comes from those conventions, not the actual convention itself.  It's a networking opportunity, display your products and you follow up on leads, from that convention/show.  It means nothing, if nothing comes out of it...and that's why I said "see".  Sheesh.

Do you remember about a week or so ago when you were spouting your crap how you were attacked by many individuals? (And then you took a breather from posting)
Now you come back, like you've turned a leaf, say your bullish and then start with this crap again? You are on so many peoples short list that it isn't funny.
Every time you open your mouth you lose respect around here.

To say what you did regarding conventions, to lump people together like that who attend conventions, is so disrespectful on many level.
But, again and as usual, you become defensive and start attacking people. Next you will probably bring up your wife and anecdotal stories about her and how bad people are on the forum.

Why don't you start working on being a nicer person if you ever expect to be taken seriously around here (and probably in the real world unless this is your alter ego.)

Good luck in that endeavor,
IAS
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:03:29 PM

Look, you're really blowing this way out of proportion.  The convention just ended.  All I said was "I" wasn't putting much stock into it at this point.  Me...not anyone else, I didn't try to lead people to think as I do, I simply said "I" and especially as it relates to the current price.  Whether or not the convention was a success, is something I personally will determine over the next coming weeks.  Again, "I" don't think it's going to have any immediate effect on the price or volume and to this point, it hasn't. 

If you are going to quote yourself at least get it right, you said this "That's the entire purpose of a conference, is to make people think "things are happening". "
And that is a big smack in the face of a lot of people and I doubt anyone on these boards appreciates it.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:06:26 PM

Then again, I can't image how they expect to get much movement at current volume, with 2000BTC needed just to get below 122BTC on mt.gox.  Huh

I really don't see the effect though. If you want BTC's you buy them at a price that find ok. What difference does a wall make? And how many people actually use market depth?

Seems it's more a psychological game to those who partake in it???

Your prediction is past history though. I know just a week or two ago there were large bid walls following the price up. But I wouldn't say that exactly made people buy. Maybe some, I can see the effect it has on some people.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:06:57 PM

yep, 660BTC just got bought. That probably wasn't the intent of whomever put that wall there...  Cheesy

Ah, never mind my above post.  Grin
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:15:19 PM

Look, you're really blowing this way out of proportion.  The convention just ended.  All I said was "I" wasn't putting much stock into it at this point.  Me...not anyone else, I didn't try to lead people to think as I do, I simply said "I" and especially as it relates to the current price.  Whether or not the convention was a success, is something I personally will determine over the next coming weeks.  Again, "I" don't think it's going to have any immediate effect on the price or volume and to this point, it hasn't.  

If you are going to quote yourself at least get it right, you said this "That's the entire purpose of a conference, is to make people think "things are happening". "
And that is a big smack in the face of a lot of people and I doubt anyone on these boards appreciates it.

That IS the purpose.  It's a sales show.  A facade.  A sales prop and you of all people should know I could careless what people on these boards think.  It's not my fault you guys don't know what a convention is.  You drink the Kool-Aid...I know what's up.  And in the coming weeks, we'll see if this song and dance has any positive benefit.  

One last point...BFL was at the convention.  Anyone get their units yet?  Exactly...it's a song and dance.  It's means nothing, in and of itself.  Now, let it go.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 04:21:55 PM

Look, you're really blowing this way out of proportion.  The convention just ended.  All I said was "I" wasn't putting much stock into it at this point.  Me...not anyone else, I didn't try to lead people to think as I do, I simply said "I" and especially as it relates to the current price.  Whether or not the convention was a success, is something I personally will determine over the next coming weeks.  Again, "I" don't think it's going to have any immediate effect on the price or volume and to this point, it hasn't.  

That IS the purpose.  It's a sales show.  A facade.  A sales prop and you of all people should know I could careless what people on these boards think.  It's not my fault you guys don't know what a convention is.  You drink the Kool-Aid...I know what's up.  And in the coming weeks, we'll see if this song and dance has any positive benefit.  

One last point...BFL was at the convention.  Anyone get their units yet?  Exactly...it's a song and dance.  It's means nothing, in and of itself.  Now, go change your panties and let it go.

Have you ever considered that maybe you are wrong?

Why should I, of all people, "know" about the BTC convention? What I do know is why BTC was started and that is for good reasons. So when you spout that crap it doesn't sit right with me, and judging by all the hard responses you get, it doesn't sit right with many on the board. Something to consider again, maybe you are just wrong. Nothing wrong with that. There are better ways of communication and if you just think of what communication is, by definition, you are failing at it (And I don't mean that judgmentally, just observationally.)
Pages: « 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 ... 33318 »
  Print  

Jump to: