May 21, 2024, 03:13:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17893 17894 17895 17896 17897 17898 17899 17900 17901 17902 17903 17904 17905 17906 17907 17908 17909 17910 17911 17912 17913 17914 17915 17916 17917 17918 17919 17920 17921 17922 17923 17924 17925 17926 17927 17928 17929 17930 17931 17932 17933 17934 17935 17936 17937 17938 17939 17940 17941 17942 [17943] 17944 17945 17946 17947 17948 17949 17950 17951 17952 17953 17954 17955 17956 17957 17958 17959 17960 17961 17962 17963 17964 17965 17966 17967 17968 17969 17970 17971 17972 17973 17974 17975 17976 17977 17978 17979 17980 17981 17982 17983 17984 17985 17986 17987 17988 17989 17990 17991 17992 17993 ... 33370 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26386874 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:49:03 PM

This is proactive.

Once it becomes safe and reliable to transact, Samourai Wallet will detect any balance of S2X and present an option to automatically convert the entire S2X balance to BTC. The S2X will be sold at market price and BTC will appear directly in Samourai Wallet.

Anybody use this wallet?

No. As far as I can tell they're still pure Beta. They love taking very dramatic positions. I'd prefer it if they concentrated on becoming non Beta.

LOL. Gmail is still beta. Anybody not using it for that reason?
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:52:11 PM

I hope the CoreCoin drop will be worth something. A slightly inferior coin with 1 miner controlling 80% of the hashing power doesn't sound too tasty.

Don't you have some altcrash forum to troll in?

He's technically correct in a sense.  The end game of bitcoin was ALWAYS going to be nothing more than one giant, continuous, rough consensus attack and then the state eventually steps in and declares that you're required to use some specific chain they hand tailor to screw you.

As for bitcoin vs metals, this is the macro for why history will eventually flush all the bitfools and iRetards down the toilet:

Indeed. And that is a good thing. We had discussed in great detail why gold is a barbaric relic whose time is coming to an end.

Some old guys still take Bitcoin profits into gold or silver, but the younger (and even GenX) guys realize gold is dying.

You are fighting against the laws of gravity if you believe metals will be displaced by craptocurrency.  I'll take the Joseph Tainter position any day on this subject matter.  When complex systems implode, they don't shift over to an even more complex system, they either go backwards in complexity or enter a full dark ages.  Complexity is not inherently good, it's a liability.  Another crux of the Joseph Tainter argument when extrapolated to it's end point is that overspecialization is essentially a Fermi Paradox-style extinction level event. The invisible hand of nature will force chaos and implosions at random intervals to prevent this.  The world doesn't want "total order" as you always reference the term as being bad/an impossibility.

Metals always survive these random interval re-orgs of nature because they are very basic elements and almost indestructable; craptocurrency does not.  Not to mention craptocurrency being a far inferior settlement system with no reason to even exist due to not removing counter party risk and having built-in rent seeking middlemen (transaction validators - so called "miners".  An incorrect term that should really just be "middlemen").
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10296

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:12:07 PM

https://www.bitfinex.com/posts/227

October 16, 2017
This message is further to our announcement of August 11, 2017, with respect to terminating our business with U.S. individual customers. As indicated in the announcement, we are terminating trading, deposits, and withdrawal functionality for U.S. individual customers by no later than November 9, 2017. U.S. customers are already barred from receiving financing from other users on Bitfinex’s peer-to-peer financing platform. This restriction will remain and, in addition, U.S. individual customers will no longer be able to provide financing on Bitfinex effective November 9, 2017.

All U.S. individual users must make arrangements to withdraw their Digital Tokens by November 9th.

U.S. individuals holding Recovery Right Tokens (RRTs), if any, which relate to the exchange of now-defunct BFX tokens to equity in iFinex Inc., may, starting on October 27, 2017, sell all of their RRTs on the exchange, if they so elect. This is an exception to the general terms of use for RRTs. U.S. individuals are not permitted to buy RRTs during this time period. All terms and conditions relating to the sale of any RRTs remain in full force and effect and are deemed to apply to the sale of any RRTs by U.S. individuals or otherwise. Any RRTs remaining in the hands of U.S. individual verified customers after the November 9th deadline may be sold through Bitfinex on an OTC basis through special arrangement with us.

WOW!!!!!

I initially thought that Bitfinex were going to restrict USA customers from fiat bank encounters and a few other asset trading restrictions - yet this announcement appears to be a complete severance of USA customers from any kind of service on their platform... ... seemingly too much liability for Bitfinex to have USA exposure... would be a prudent move for them, but gonna screw around a lot of USA folks who are currently using their platform.. and had wanted access to some of that Hong Kong based market (arbitrage or whatever).
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:17:21 PM

October 16, 2017
This message is further to our announcement of August 11, 2017, with respect to terminating our business with U.S. individual customers. As indicated in the announcement, we are terminating trading, deposits, and withdrawal functionality for U.S. individual customers by no later than November 9, 2017. U.S. customers are already barred from receiving financing from other users on Bitfinex’s peer-to-peer financing platform. This restriction will remain and, in addition, U.S. individual customers will no longer be able to provide financing on Bitfinex effective November 9, 2017.

All U.S. individual users must make arrangements to withdraw their Digital Tokens by November 9th.

U.S. individuals holding Recovery Right Tokens (RRTs), if any, which relate to the exchange of now-defunct BFX tokens to equity in iFinex Inc., may, starting on October 27, 2017, sell all of their RRTs on the exchange, if they so elect. This is an exception to the general terms of use for RRTs. U.S. individuals are not permitted to buy RRTs during this time period. All terms and conditions relating to the sale of any RRTs remain in full force and effect and are deemed to apply to the sale of any RRTs by U.S. individuals or otherwise. Any RRTs remaining in the hands of U.S. individual verified customers after the November 9th deadline may be sold through Bitfinex on an OTC basis through special arrangement with us.

WOW!!!!!

I initially thought that Bitfinex were going to restrict USA customers from fiat bank encounters and a few other asset trading restrictions - yet this announcement appears to be a complete severance of USA customers from any kind of service on their platform... ... seemingly too much liability for Bitfinex to have USA exposure... would be a prudent move for them, but gonna screw around a lot of USA folks who are currently using their platform.. and had wanted access to some of that Hong Kong based market (arbitrage or whatever).

Get your coins off exchanges JJG. Stop playing with fire.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:22:51 PM

I don't remember who said that the biggest threat to bitcoin is posed by the fact that many real devs are public figures. I think that's a major drawback.
I am so much glad that Satoshi still keeps his/her/their identity hidden.
Creating the most important threat to the financial 1% is not a prank.

It's only a problem for a crypto who dev team has an official "head" dev like Ethereum does. Or like BCH, lol.

Bitcoin has 100+ voluntary developers.

I'm surprised some Russian gangsters haven't ordered a contract on Vitalik to coincide with an epic margin short. It's a sure thing.

*That was probably my most morbid speculation ever.

Vitalik has some pretty gangsta friends of his own

megadeth

Activity: 289
Merit: 252

bagholder since 2013

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:24:13 PM

Where's Loaded ?
At these prices he hits a Billion dollars in BTC net worth.
Time to change your signature dude.  Cool
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:26:09 PM

October 16, 2017

WOW!!!!!

Get your coins off exchanges JJG. Stop playing with fire.

Hahahahaha..   Thanks for your concern... I understand that you are more exchange averse than me... 

I am not going to get my coins off of all exchanges, but surely I got to work towards setting up a plan to remove all of my coins from bitfinex in the next 3.5 weeks... and they had been my go to exchange for alt coins, so currently I gotta figure out what to do with the BCH, ETH, ETC, LTC, Monero and dollars that I hold on their platform.. whether to liquidate all of it or just move it to wallets?  Surely I cannot move the dollars - so I gotta probably buy bitcoin or some other alt with the dollars before I move it.  Most likely I will buy bitcoin because I don't feel too comfortable having my value in alts... and if I get stuck, I would rather be stuck mostly in bitcoin than some of those other ones.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:27:08 PM

WOW!!!!!

Guess that I will definitely be losing some dust. I haven't used them since they were brought back online after the hack in the summer of 2016. Unfortunately, during my hasty exodus, I managed to leave some dust behind. They can keep my 0.15(XXXXX) USD, 2784 sats BTC and 2377 sats BCC.  Grin I gather that Spoofy isn't associated with a US customer. I think Spoofy is actually an alien anyway. https://twitter.com/bones261/status/917980409417359361
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:33:53 PM

bitcoin price tapping on the ceiling again ... yet another push higher seems might be imminent.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:37:52 PM

bitcoin price tapping on the ceiling again ... yet another push higher seems might be imminent.

rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:02:49 PM

Someone doesn't want it to happen just yet I see
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:09:20 PM

$10000 street price in japan and india >.> choo choo Cool weeeeeeeee//^

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:32:19 PM

Be careful : Hacked database of passwords of all usernames is used to change your profile (and so, your password) without email notification (and so, your email linked to your profile).

Please change immediately your password with one that Bitcointalk don't have seen since ... 2014.
Please change email password if 1 of the password have been seen per Bitcointalk in your profile.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2272567.0

Based on the discussion surrounding this post, I changed my password.

Surely, when there are these kinds of security breaches - of supposed hackers actually getting access to actual passwords, then surely we are at a more vulnerable status, and yeah, I agree with Meuh6879 (and his alt of necessity) that changing passwords should require some kind of verification - yet I suppose they may have their reasons for the current set up.

1) I can relate that it is can be difficult to get your account back once it has been hacked, and it may even be possible that you are not able to get it back.  I had two incidents of losing access to my account in late 2016.

2) I had been using an autofill feature on one of my browsers for my password, and when I made this current password change, I had some issues regarding the autofill feature, which caused me about 5 sign-in attempts with the wrong password.  Luckily I was able to log-in with the correct password on about the 6th attempt because I figured that sooner or later I was going to get forced locked out of my account, and then I would have become another statistic....     Cheesy Cheesy
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:49:38 PM

Be careful : Hacked database of passwords of all usernames is used to change your profile (and so, your password) without email notification (and so, your email linked to your profile).

Please change immediately your password with one that Bitcointalk don't have seen since ... 2014.
Please change email password if 1 of the password have been seen per Bitcointalk in your profile.

Surely, when there are these kinds of security breaches - of supposed hackers actually getting access to actual passwords, then surely we are at a more vulnerable status, and yeah, I agree with Meuh6879 (and his alt of necessity) that changing passwords should require some kind of verification - yet I suppose they may have their reasons for the current set up.

1) I can relate that it is can be difficult to get your account back once it has been hacked, and it may even be possible that you are not able to get it back.  I had two incidents of losing access to my account in late 2016.

2) I had been using an autofill feature on one of my browsers for my password, and when I made this current password change, I had some issues regarding the autofill feature, which caused me about 5 sign-in attempts with the wrong password.  Luckily I was able to log-in with the correct password on about the 6th attempt because I figured that sooner or later I was going to get forced locked out of my account, and then I would have become another statistic....     Cheesy Cheesy

you think jimmy buffett is buying shares of bitcoin now? $6000 choo choo :-D weeeee
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:58:15 PM

real life bitcoin Choo Choo-ing and to-da-moon ing on the streets?  wtf is that and why not in my hometown?

(note that they even got the logos on the wheels tilted to cover the forks.)  Cheesy
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:05:53 PM

real life bitcoin Choo Choo-ing and to-da-moon ing on the streets?  wtf is that and why not in my hometown?

(note that they even got the logos on the wheels tilted to cover the forks.)  Cheesy

sorry shoulda given attrib https://twitter.com/timpastoor/status/919751017754918912
I've been saving this one for a few years, but now seems like a good time.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:29:10 PM

you think jimmy buffett is buying shares of bitcoin now? $6000 choo choo :-D weeeee

What does Jimmy Buffett represent?  Mainstream adoption?
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:22:16 PM

6100 incoming tonight Cool
cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:23:15 PM

oh BTC don't be such a tease. Shovel that coal people!
mmmmyah

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:25:49 PM

I think a 10k bitcoin by June 2018 is a safe bet - 100k by 2024? Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 17893 17894 17895 17896 17897 17898 17899 17900 17901 17902 17903 17904 17905 17906 17907 17908 17909 17910 17911 17912 17913 17914 17915 17916 17917 17918 17919 17920 17921 17922 17923 17924 17925 17926 17927 17928 17929 17930 17931 17932 17933 17934 17935 17936 17937 17938 17939 17940 17941 17942 [17943] 17944 17945 17946 17947 17948 17949 17950 17951 17952 17953 17954 17955 17956 17957 17958 17959 17960 17961 17962 17963 17964 17965 17966 17967 17968 17969 17970 17971 17972 17973 17974 17975 17976 17977 17978 17979 17980 17981 17982 17983 17984 17985 17986 17987 17988 17989 17990 17991 17992 17993 ... 33370 »
  Print  

Jump to: