June 19, 2024, 01:24:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 [2843] 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 ... 33459 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26402916 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:05:57 AM

" long slow decline "

markets climb slowly and drop fast.

thats just how it works

their will never be a  long slow decline.

You don't remember 2 years ago?

oh ya 2 years ago bitcoin was a mature market.

2 years ago was a joke

There's kinda of long slow decline happening as we type.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 03:08:06 AM

lol, continue to look for excuses.

its not an excuses
its a fact

and 2 years ago

we went down and down and down
because we had bad news after bad news after bad news.
it was brutal
but you know what i did
i looked past the bad news and i bought more and more as we went lower and lower.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 03:08:35 AM

" long slow decline "

thats just how it works

2 years ago was a joke

lol ok 3-5 days is a LONG TIME
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 03:10:35 AM

lol, continue to look for excuses.

its not an excuses
its a fact

and 2 years ago

we went down and down and down
because we had bad news after bad news after bad news.
it was brutal
but you know what i did
i looked past the bad news and i bought more and more as we went lower and lower.

well, you took the words right out of my mouth.
Davyd05

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:11:55 AM

" long slow decline "

thats just how it works

2 years ago was a joke

yea  3-5 day to retrace weeks of gains sounds fast opposed to slow...Mind you were stuck here on a Sat night watching it ping pong round 650-750 a whale can cripple us but anyone with the stomach can just wait out the bear winter to the future bull. And all the people with fiat can prosper on a chance to join back in. I can't wait till we revisit the whole debt ceiling in the new year lol
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 03:16:37 AM

" long slow decline "

thats just how it works

2 years ago was a joke

yea  3-5 day to retrace weeks of gains sounds fast opposed to slow...Mind you were stuck here on a Sat night watching it ping pong round 650-750 a whale can cripple us but anyone with the stomach can just wait out the bear winter to the future bull. And all the people with fiat can prosper on a chance to join back in. I can't wait till we revisit the whole debt ceiling in the new year lol

ill give you 1 guess what happens to the the debt ceiling

what a joke.

the only reason this fiat system is still going strong is because no one knows what's going on  or think their nothing they can do about it.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:16:57 AM

It's times like these that you are glad that you can read Chinese, and not have to deal with clueless English newspapers. I summarized the PBC announcement

@Is the news out of China about banks & bitcoins good or bad news?

It's excellent news for bitcoin. Essentially bitcoin exchanges in China and bitcoin itself is going to be treated as a "commodity" rather than a "currency" and therefore not going to be subject to banking and currency control regulations. The only restrictions on bitcoin exchanges is that they will be subject to the standard internet censorship rules and they will need to get the identity of all users to prevent money laundering. Existing financial institutions will not be able to trade bitcoin, but this is a great thing for entrepreneurs.

Also, more excellent news out of Hong Kong. An HK bitcoin exchange basically shutdown and stole everyone's money. This is excellent news because within days, they have been caught and are likely going to go to jail. I'm very, very optimistic about Hong Kong "leading the way" for bitcoin.

The other good news is that the Chinese government understands bitcoin. According to the notice.

Bitcoin has the following four characteristics:

1) there is no central issuing authority 2) the total amount is limited 3) it is not geographically limited for acceptance 4) it is anonymous

According to the PBC, bitcoin is not a "true" currency because

1) there is no central issuing authority 2) there is no legal requirement that anyone accept bitcoin

Bitcoin is therefore a virtual commodity, and therefore is not subject to the laws regarding currency transactions, nor should circulate as a currency.

Also here are his thoughts on the overall climate in China regarding Bitcoin:

1) The PBC has basically given the green light for bitcoin trading and exchanges. They are trying to keep bitcoin trading "separate" from the other parts of the financial system so that if bitcoin blows up, then nothing bad will happen. The thing that I think they are worried about is a Lehman style situation in which something blowing up in derivatives brings down the rest of the economy.

The strategy of creating a ring fence around new markets is a very standard one in China. Hong Kong is an entire city that is ring fenced.

2) Not terribly much. It only started to get on the radar screen a month ago.

3) The main driver is that there are tons of money in China and no one knows what to do with it all. The traditional investments (real estate and stocks) have been closed off by government action since the government has made it clear they will kill any bubble in the real estate and stock markets. So the money is going into all sorts of "non-traditional" investments. Bitcoin is just one of them.

4) Geeks. So far it's not the type of thing that random people will buy.

5) It's not very mainstream. However, its taken the Chinese geek community by storm and there are a lot of geeks in China. As with a lot of Chinese things, the fraction of people in China who are geeks is small, but a small fraction times a billion is a lot of people.

6) No harder than it is to buy anything else online.

Bitcoin has not gotten much mainstream attention and its still something that is with geeks, but you have the perfect storm of a lot of other things. The main thing is that bitcoin has hit China exactly at the time where China is looking at restructuring its entire economy and financial system to move out of low tech industries into high tech ones. It also hit China at just the right time in the credit cycle. China has recovered from the 2008 crash and is just starting to enter into another boom phase (which will last about two to three years before the economy crashes again).
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1sbefw/chinese_investment_banker_says_what_nobody_in_the/
beaconpcguru

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

Hello

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:35:20 AM

Bears are getting nervous about their shorts, I can smell the fear. 
Davyd05

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:49:10 AM

Hmm its been a roller coaster for a while.. but bitcoin does what it wants when it wants.. hard to predict when we'll break again.. I think it will coincide with a larger trader
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:55:35 AM

Hmm its been a roller coaster for a while.. but bitcoin does what it wants when it wants.. hard to predict when we'll break again.. I think it will coincide with a larger trader

Doesn't it always? Smiley
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:01:34 AM

Davyd05

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:03:51 AM

Doesn't it always? Smiley

Yes I went for the most generic post I could. I think particularly now though it just seems like were ready to turn gravity off and go to the moon at any moment as well as we could see whale try and show us the bear floor.

Seems like my post is generic again lol
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:04:46 AM

has this recent crash deterred any of the major retailers from accepting BTC? i know there isn't a whole lot of risk if they are using bitpay, but it's still negative news that could push them away.
pera

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:05:55 AM

I believe the only ones nervous here are those who didn't panic sell at 900 (or worse...). It took a month to reach the top, it will take at least 1 week to reach the bottom.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 04:07:14 AM

It's times like these that you are glad that you can read Chinese, and not have to deal with clueless English newspapers. I summarized the PBC announcement

It's excellent news for bitcoin. Essentially bitcoin exchanges in China and bitcoin itself is going to be treated as a "commodity" rather than a "currency" and therefore not going to be subject to banking and currency control regulations. The only restrictions on bitcoin exchanges is that they will be subject to the standard internet censorship rules and they will need to get the identity of all users to prevent money laundering. Existing financial institutions will not be able to trade bitcoin, but this is a great thing for entrepreneurs.

Also, more excellent news out of Hong Kong. An HK bitcoin exchange basically shutdown and stole everyone's money. This is excellent news because within days, they have been caught and are likely going to go to jail. I'm very, very optimistic about Hong Kong "leading the way" for bitcoin.

The other good news is that the Chinese government understands bitcoin. According to the notice.

1) there is no central issuing authority 2) the total amount is limited 3) it is not geographically limited for acceptance 4) it is anonymous

1) there is no central issuing authority 2) there is no legal requirement that anyone accept bitcoin

Bitcoin is therefore a virtual commodity, and therefore is not subject to the laws regarding currency transactions, nor should circulate as a currency.

1) The PBC has basically given the green light for bitcoin trading and exchanges. They are trying to keep bitcoin trading "separate" from the other parts of the financial system so that if bitcoin blows up, then nothing bad will happen. The thing that I think they are worried about is a Lehman style situation in which something blowing up in derivatives brings down the rest of the economy.

The strategy of creating a ring fence around new markets is a very standard one in China. Hong Kong is an entire city that is ring fenced.

3) The main driver is that there are tons of money in China and no one knows what to do with it all. The traditional investments (real estate and stocks) have been closed off by government action since the government has made it clear they will kill any bubble in the real estate and stock markets. So the money is going into all sorts of "non-traditional" investments. Bitcoin is just one of them.

5) It's not very mainstream. However, its taken the Chinese geek community by storm and there are a lot of geeks in China. As with a lot of Chinese things, the fraction of people in China who are geeks is small, but a small fraction times a billion is a lot of people.

Bitcoin has not gotten much mainstream attention and its still something that is with geeks, but you have the perfect storm of a lot of other things. The main thing is that bitcoin has hit China exactly at the time where China is looking at restructuring its entire economy and financial system to move out of low tech industries into high tech ones. It also hit China at just the right time in the credit cycle. China has recovered from the 2008 crash and is just starting to enter into another boom phase (which will last about two to three years before the economy crashes again).
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1sbefw/chinese_investment_banker_says_what_nobody_in_the/

thank you for this clarification
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:08:17 AM

Yes I went for the most generic post I could. I think particularly now though it just seems like were ready to turn gravity off and go to the moon at any moment as well as we could see whale try and show us the bear floor.

Seems like my post is generic again lol

The bears are running out of time before the speculator's 'pre-buys' start tomorrow sometime waiting for the next choo choo.   It is almost like another language. Cheesy
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 04:09:04 AM

OK bottle of wine #2

the future of bitcoin looks bright indeed!

Think I'll join you. Cheers.

i think i'm gana be sick.
CryptStorm

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:16:37 AM

OK bottle of wine #2

Oh noes!!! Remember chug-a-lug a liter or 4 of water before you sleep!!! I hatez those hangoverz!!! (puke if you have to, it's your thread!)

Cheers, buddy!  Smiley
Davyd05

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:18:06 AM

OK bottle of wine #2

Oh noes!!! Remember chug-a-lug a liter or 4 of water before you sleep!!! I hatez those hangoverz!!! (puke if you have to, it's your thread!)

Cheers, buddy!  Smiley

smoke a joint if you really want to puke, but the water is a must.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:28:24 AM

thank you for this clarification

One very interesting aspect of all of this is that the Chinese exchanges are trading above MtGox, BTC-E and Bitstamp. http://btckan.com/price. It appears that those who understand the language, and the culture behind this announcement are not those that are the  leading bears.
Pages: « 1 ... 2793 2794 2795 2796 2797 2798 2799 2800 2801 2802 2803 2804 2805 2806 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 [2843] 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 ... 33459 »
  Print  

Jump to: