June 23, 2024, 03:07:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 3183 3184 3185 3186 3187 3188 3189 3190 3191 3192 3193 3194 3195 3196 3197 3198 3199 3200 3201 3202 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 [3220] 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 ... 33471 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26405037 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:56:27 AM

I wish it was a simple crash though, those are not making people to scream "Bitcoin is dead" like it is now the case.

Why? The crashes that make people scream "Bitcoin is dead" are the best crashes. More people screams "Bitcoin is dead", the bigger is the buying opportunity.

I hope the US follows China and "ban" bitcoin soon. I'm one of those who thinks that its pretty much unavoidable at some point, and in fact I'm surprised that it hasn't happened yet.

This game is played in the long run. Anxious to be a multi-millionaire? Then probably you will sell too soon. Ask yourself if you are into this only for the fiat profits - if the answer is yes probably you are into a game that is too risky. If the answer is no, the ban on Bitcoin is just a step needed for it to demonstrate that it is really the resilient, de-centralized currency that will change the world.

If you have been in the game for a few months, I hope you already secured some profits by selling a few coins at a rationally-decided target. If you just entered the game, just hold - we will see where we are in a couple of years.

Grabbing popcorn. Sending fiat to exchanges. Enjoy, gents.

Well, I wouldn't like US to ban Bitcoin tbh.

I'm too old to think about changing the world tbh, that's like 15 years ago, I'm here about making the money and that would be shit.

I'm "too old" for many things, but not for wishing the world to change: I have kids, and I'd prefer them to live in a better world.

A lot of people seem to forget that BTC was designed by Satoshi Nakomato to disrupt factual powers and to challenge the people that actually rule the world - the bankers.

He knew that the probability of BTC being banned/attacked was HUGE, and that's why he took so many precautions to remain anonymous. A lot of wanna-be traders seem to forget that and just get excited with their unrealized fiat profits while they day-dream about the Ferrari they will buy next year. Probably Satoshi is laughing at that, while is without any doubt a good thing for BTC viral adoption - there's no better fuel than greed to move human beings.

Of course if BTC finally succeeds there is also a substantial economic reward by being an "early adopter". But this is a dangerous game. If you are not prepared to see BTC banned, BTC holders prosecuted, and/or BTC eventually going to 0 then you don't really understand what BTC is and you probably made a huge mistake investing your time and money in it.

spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 10:57:36 AM

I don't think it will go much lower anymore in the short term. Even if they sell it to zero in China does not mean that the west would not have competition on who would get the cheap coins. Short term we are very oversold and it is only a liquidity/waking hours issue to go back up. The fact that there is a huge arbitrage coin influx from China dampens it a "little bit", though, but this is already in prices in the west.

The exponential trend (now at $437) was touched, which means that longer term bitcoin is no more overvalued. I regard this as a good entry point and have bought thousands of bitcoins yesterday and today, closing all speculative short positions at a nice profit and gone speculative long with funds I need in 1-2 months.

My last bid in Bidstamp is sitting at 421.42, please somebody sell into it! Smiley

Welcome back!

It would be nice if you're right. I think the 300s are gonna get hurt myself.
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:57:41 AM

I don't think it will go much lower anymore in the short term. Even if they sell it to zero in China does not mean that the west would not have competition on who would get the cheap coins. Short term we are very oversold and it is only a liquidity/waking hours issue to go back up. The fact that there is a huge arbitrage coin influx from China dampens it a "little bit", though, but this is already in prices in the west.

The exponential trend (now at $437) was touched, which means that longer term bitcoin is no more overvalued. I regard this as a good entry point and have bought thousands of bitcoins yesterday and today, closing all speculative short positions at a nice profit and gone speculative long with funds I need in 1-2 months.

My last bid in Bidstamp is sitting at 421.42, please somebody sell into it! Smiley

This just in .. the Chinese care not about your exponential trend line.  I hear you predicted this one.  Either you got lucky or had insider info.  That's the only way to game black swans.  Generally I have found your predictions to be lacking .. that is to say, I generally find myself doing the opposite of what you do and I succeed.  No offense intended.  In this case, I ended up selling in anticipation of more noise from China.  Lucky guess.
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 10:57:49 AM

If you buy 100k USD in BTC, and by next April 15 these are worth 1 million USD, will you have to pay ~300k USD to the IRS?

Does it matter whether the IRS considers Bitcoin a "stock" or a "foreign currency"?

This is not legal advice so I'm not held liable if you screw anything up on your taxes.

Most people consider BTC capital assets. You only pay taxes if you sell. So if you sell at 1 million USD and buy back at 1 million USD. Then price drops to $500USD/BTC now. You'll be in big trouble because you'll still have to pay taxes on 1 million USD unless you sell again.
Thanks, but that seems a question people should worry about: "will the IRS (or your nation's equivalent) consider BTC capital or cash?"

Again not legal advice, but IRS has pretty much said "No official classification yet but you still have to pay taxes on it."
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:58:13 AM

I wish it was a simple crash though, those are not making people to scream "Bitcoin is dead" like it is now the case.

Why? The crashes that make people scream "Bitcoin is dead" are the best crashes. More people screams "Bitcoin is dead", the bigger is the buying opportunity.

I hope the US follows China and "ban" bitcoin soon. I'm one of those who thinks that its pretty much unavoidable at some point, and in fact I'm surprised that it hasn't happened yet.

This game is played in the long run. Anxious to be a multi-millionaire? Then probably you will sell too soon. Ask yourself if you are into this only for the fiat profits - if the answer is yes probably you are into a game that is too risky. If the answer is no, the ban on Bitcoin is just a step needed for it to demonstrate that it is really the resilient, de-centralized currency that will change the world.

If you have been in the game for a few months, I hope you already secured some profits by selling a few coins at a rationally-decided target. If you just entered the game, just hold - we will see where we are in a couple of years.

I'm too old to think about changing the world tbh, that's like 15 years ago, I'm here about making the money and that would be shit.

I'm "too old" for many things, but not for wishing the world to change: I have kids, and I'd prefer them to live in a better world.

A lot of people seem to forget that BTC was designed by Satoshi Nakomato to disrupt factual powers and to challenge the people that actually rule the world - the bankers.

He knew that the probability of BTC being banned/attacked was HUGE, and that's why he took so many precautions to remain anonymous. A lot of wanna-be traders seem to forget that and just get excited with their unrealized fiat profits while they day-dream about the Ferrari they will buy next year. Probably Satoshi is laughing at that, while is without any doubt a good thing for BTC viral adoption - there's no better fuel than greed to move human beings.

Of course if BTC finally succeeds there is also a substantial economic reward by being an "early adopter". But this is a dangerous game. If you are not prepared to see BTC banned, BTC holders prosecuted, and/or BTC eventually going to 0 then you don't really understand what BTC is and you probably made a huge mistake investing your time and money in it.

+1
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:58:57 AM

Only 44 coins on 421.42 Risto? I thought you were a whale Sad
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:59:49 AM

Only 44 coins on 421.42 Risto? I thought you were a whale Sad

Well the bid was filled, so. He's happy now I guess....
Bzzzum

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

Deutsche eMark

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 11:00:02 AM

+1 - really nice statement/point of view Smiley I can agree absolutly with you.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:00:10 AM

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:00:41 AM

Well it just keeps getting fucking worse.
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:00:48 AM

+1, are we forgetting the purpose of bitcoin in the first place people? Ok, no sports cars in the short-term for you guys. Time to work on cool projects and make bitcoin succeed.
ChefBorjan

Activity: 148

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:01:17 AM

Oh gosh.. about to hit $400 on stamp.

This has got to be near the bottom now right guys... when to pull the trigger....
keewee
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:01:46 AM

Yup, still some big sells coming through!
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:02:50 AM

I'm a newbie trading wise, so this my dumb question: who's buying all those cheap coin? Because if someone is selling someone else has to buy, no?
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:03:09 AM

I'm a newbie trading wise, so this my dumb question: who's buying all those cheap coin? Because if someone is selling someone else has to buy, no?

SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Obviously this is the case. However that doesn't make us feel better. :-(
Krabby

Activity: 644

https://primedao.eth.link/#/

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:03:55 AM

Usually I would think about buying in, but this does not seem to be following a normal drop.
Mirsad

Activity: 140

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:04:16 AM

Double Digits incoming.
Sell now and gain much coins.

We will drop very low.
Buster

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:04:44 AM

Huge amount of folks who have been waiting since $1k+ for a crash to buy in.
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 11:05:28 AM

This is cleansing.
traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:05:43 AM

Double Digits incoming.
Sell now and gain much coins.

We will drop very low.

Eh dude you said double digits last time.  Your double digit quota has already been consumed.
Pages: « 1 ... 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 3183 3184 3185 3186 3187 3188 3189 3190 3191 3192 3193 3194 3195 3196 3197 3198 3199 3200 3201 3202 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 [3220] 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 ... 33471 »
  Print  

Jump to: