May 11, 2024, 08:27:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 [4345] 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 ... 33342 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381919 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Shak

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:32:40 PM

most bots are fed with informations of this thread. mentioning "choo choo" or "train" three times results in immediate selloffs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:36:02 PM

I´ve read here, when people start to say "cho cho" sell Cheesy

So I wait for buying...
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 04:36:32 PM

Keep stroking that shriveled up US-centric, climate change denying old man cock. It'll grow again one day, I'm sure Cheesy
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Don't forget "bitcoin cultist".

I don't deny climate change. I just don't know if it's A) man-made, B) on net harmful but what I do know is that the economic cost of slowing it are greater than the benefit.  

and I prefer the term "Bitcoin Nutter".  Cultists have friends.

"most bots are fed with informations of this thread. mentioning "choo choo" or "train" three times results in immediate selloffs"

I suspected as much.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:36:41 PM

Gents,

Please don't forget to factor in the environmental cost of generating the electricity which is then used to charge the electric car's batteries.  I am all for clean energy however I think the concept sounds a lot more environmentally friendly then it really is especially in the US where the majority of electricity is generated by burning coal.

Just my two mBs worth Smiley

Cheers!!

in a free market, money represents energy, the ability to do useful work. When you factor in total costs per mile, including fuel, maintenance, purchase price, resale value- electrics and hybrids are more expensive than internal combustion cars. That means they consume more energy and are WORSE for the environment. When you factor in that electrics and hybrids are subsidized, the case for them is even weaker.

Sure, mining takes electricity, but a heluva lot less energy than it takes the government to maintain the guns and the thugs who force us to pay our taxes in government fiat. This is a benefit of crypto I never hear anyone talking about.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:37:27 PM

On an unrelated note...

This one's for Blitz. Just a screen cap from a subreddit I'm on. Note: this is *not* from r/bitcoin.

Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 04:37:28 PM

Whoever dumped all the way to 102 on BTC-e the other day is:

A)  A troll
B)  Very stupid
oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:39:18 PM

Keep stroking that shriveled up US-centric, climate change denying old man cock. It'll grow again one day, I'm sure Cheesy
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I don't deny climate change. I just don't know if it's A) man-made, B) on net harmful but what I do know is that the economic cost of slowing it are greater than the benefit.  

and I prefer the term "Bitcoin Nutter".  Cultists have friends.

You know, for someone I don't like, I like you quite a lot.
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:40:17 PM

LOL love to listen to people defend their electric cars as if they're saving money or the environment.
Please show me where I claimed electric cars save the environment or money. Hint: I wouldn't bother wasting your time.

But since you brought it up, a quick Google search shows many more articles confirming that green cars are better for the environment. But I don't know since I haven't really looked into any science behind it. I'm sure since you seem to be a global warming denier (in other words you choose to ignore the facts inconvenient to your conspiracy-laden worldview) that you'd find just as many links supporting your argument at lunatic fringe sites.

The point, as with religion, is neither one of us has time to do detailed research so you choose either to live in a world of science or fantasy. When it comes to conspiracies we can't always know the machinations behind everything we do. It is fun to go down the rabbit hole and not as easy to climb back out. One either climbs back out or, to his detriment, gets mired in it.

But, you know, spend your life as you please. If that's as an angry, old, toothless, shut-in cooter sitting in a rocking chair facing the front door, with one hand on a stack of gold coins and the other on a shotgun, keeping an eye on your jug of moonshine close by, then so be it.

You do realise the astronomical polution and ecological cost in producing the cars and shipping them over the world. Oh and where do you think the energy comes from to make electicity?!
Eekgad... you don't really want to go down this path do you? I mean, adding in calculations for all conceivable ecological/shipping costs for combustion versus electric cars? What's the point? Too tedious. All autos take money to produce and ship. All autos take money to produce the energy/storage upon which they feed. There are pros and cons.

Also the surface temperature of the planet has been cooling over the last few years not warming and the ice feilds have been thicker and further north/south than before. Global warming is the world governments biggest con. There is no direct correlation between rising C02 emmisons and global warming. There used to be until about 17 years ago when the correlation stopped but even still the gorvernments of the world peddle the need to be green to you and TAX you for the privaledge.
Hyperbole much? Conspiracy fueled, consistently misspelled, mindless hillbilly ranting. Bitcoin is perfect for you!

My vote for world's biggest con is organized deity worship mythology, i.e., religion. You wouldn't happen to also be one'a dem dere Jesus dimwits, would you?
pinky

Activity: 538

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:40:35 PM

Whoever dumped all the way to 102 on BTC-e the other day is:

A)  A troll
B)  Very stupid

Or knows something that you don't.  Grin
Richard Branson

Activity: 515
Merit: 506

Screw It, Let's Do It

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 04:40:48 PM

On an unrelated note...

This one's for Blitz. Just a screen cap from a subreddit I'm on. Note: this is *not* from r/bitcoin

Sad, but true.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:43:11 PM

This literally made me laugh. Tesla? srsly? Electric cars are no improvement over internal combustion. There's the issue of power density, ya know, batteries- those things that keep catching on fire and exploding in Tesla cars?

You've obviously never driven a Tesla.  Power and Luxury.  Definitely the best car ever made.  I don't care about the tech.  It could run on clubbing baby seals for all I care.

And they burn and explode at a much lower rate than do internal combustion cars.

I think you will find this is the best car ever made , by a long shot.

http://cars.mclaren.com/p1.html

fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:43:50 PM

Interesting

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/stats/map?dates=2014-02-06+to+2014-02-12

China has the most downloads for Bitcoin-QT in the last 7 days.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:45:06 PM

On an unrelated note...

This one's for Blitz. Just a screen cap from a subreddit I'm on. Note: this is *not* from r/bitcoin.

Now those are the sort of people who are actually bitter. There are a great deal of people who knew of Bitcoin back when I did and laughed at it. Those same people will now say that it was nothing but chance, lottery ticket etc.

But they are right in pointing out the Bitcoin cultists' hypocrisy and their susceptibility to emotion induced by the price charts which changes their whole tone in message from "BUY BUY BUY" to "Noone told you Bitcoin was a good buy, it's risky and young and […] and you were stupid to do so with money you couldn't afford to lose".

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

and I prefer the term "Bitcoin Nutter".  Cultists have friends.

You know, for someone I don't like, I like you quite a lot.

You don't know how much I encounter this feeling here. On a personal level, I'd probably get along great with some of the Bitcoin cultists. Cheesy

By the way, does anyone here have a historical depth chart for Bitstamp that lasts more than just a few days? I would like to see if the current bid depth is a historical record, because I suspect it is.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:48:23 PM

On an unrelated note...

Delusional bears lol

People don't like when you have a sharper thinking then you, that's why they act like this and turn to worshipping their half-ass fuckwit to a leader("economic experts" in this case)

You're either somebody with enemies or nobody with friends, right
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:53:21 PM

Crude and juvenile.  Noisy as frack.  No room inside.
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:55:18 PM

LOL love to listen to people defend their electric cars as if they're saving money or the environment.
Please show me where I claimed electric cars save the environment or money. Hint: I wouldn't bother wasting your time.

But since you brought it up, a quick Google search shows many more articles confirming that green cars are better for the environment. But I don't know since I haven't really looked into any science behind it. I'm sure since you seem to be a global warming denier (in other words you choose to ignore the facts inconvenient to your conspiracy-laden worldview) that you'd find just as many links supporting your argument at lunatic fringe sites.

The point, as with religion, is neither one of us has time to do detailed research so you choose either to live in a world of science or fantasy. When it comes to conspiracies we can't always know the machinations behind everything we do. It is fun to go down the rabbit hole and not as easy to climb back out. One either climbs back out or, to his detriment, gets mired in it.

But, you know, spend your life as you please. If that's as an angry, old, toothless, shut-in cooter sitting in a rocking chair facing the front door, with one hand on a stack of gold coins and the other on a shotgun, keeping an eye on your jug of moonshine close by, then so be it.

You do realise the astronomical polution and ecological cost in producing the cars and shipping them over the world. Oh and where do you think the energy comes from to make electicity?!
Eekgad... you don't really want to go down this path do you? I mean, adding in calculations for all conceivable ecological/shipping costs for combustion versus electric cars? What's the point? Too tedious. All autos take money to produce and ship. All autos take money to produce the energy/storage upon which they feed. There are pros and cons.

Also the surface temperature of the planet has been cooling over the last few years not warming and the ice feilds have been thicker and further north/south than before. Global warming is the world governments biggest con. There is no direct correlation between rising C02 emmisons and global warming. There used to be until about 17 years ago when the correlation stopped but even still the gorvernments of the world peddle the need to be green to you and TAX you for the privaledge.
Hyperbole much? Conspiracy fueled, consistently misspelled, mindless hillbilly ranting. Bitcoin is perfect for you!

My vote for world's biggest con is organized deity worship mythology, i.e., religion. You wouldn't happen to also be one'a dem dere Jesus dimwits, would you?

Right... I would respond properly but pretty much every assumption you have made about it me is wrong, very wrong. I never said global warming wasn't happening in general (it is over a large time scale) but it is not linked to CO2 emmisions yet you are taxed to the hill for your co2 emmisions. Hence the word con.

I wasn't even talking to you it was a general statement as a few people were talking about it so its okay you can calm down, collect your toys and get back in your pram.  I apologise that I don't have time to sit and proof read my comments, some of us have better things to attend to. You seem to take great offence to others views and as per usal resort to ad hom rather than answering the issue. Could it be the fact that you own one!  Shocked

You speak to me like I'm an American, thats probably the most offensive bit in what you said  Grin
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:56:17 PM

I have one question. Bitstamp and BTC-E have the same problems as MTGOX, how come it that Stamp and BTC-E are +150 higher? I would love to buy coins @gox prices from stamp. Also have an big order at around 580 but I dont see it going that much down?!

I don't think they're the same problem. Gox was losing coins, the rest weren't.

You're assuming no other exchange lost coins. Gox transparently admitted there were fraud attempts due to the malleability issue and then other exchanges made software changes. Who's to say whether a less transparent exchange would admit as much? So is Gox to be lauded or lambasted for this transparency?
oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:56:30 PM

Maybe I'm getting old, but this is the only car I'm really interested in.

podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:58:06 PM

let me show u what a fucking car looks like  Cool

yup thats about right  Grin
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:00:57 PM

Right... I would respond properly but pretty much every assumption you have made about it me is wrong, very wrong. I never said global warming wasn't happening in general (it is over a large time scale) but it is not linked to CO2 emmisions yet you are taxed to the hill for your co2 emmisions. Hence the word con.

I wasn't even talking to you it was a general statement as a few people were talking about it so its okay you can calm down, collect your toys and get back in your pram.  I apologise that I don't have time to sit and proof read my comments, some of us have better things to attend to. You seem to take great offence to others views and as per usal resort to ad hom rather than answering the issue. Could it be the fact that you own one!  Shocked

You speak to me like I'm an American, thats probably the most offensive bit in what you said  Grin

THIS: http://www.salem-news.com/articles/february042011/global-superstorms-ta.php

With the end of the world comes the end of Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 [4345] 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 ... 33342 »
  Print  

Jump to: