March 28, 2024, 09:13:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 [4361] 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 ... 33202 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26336356 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 12:42:27 PM

your feelings matter but you're ostensibly a man, so you should know that they don't.

Seriously, if you think like that then your idea of being a 'man' is pretty juvenile and you are a pretty strong contender to have mental health issues.

You could argue that emoting is more useful than thinking. You would be wrong, but you could argue that. What you can't credibly say is that juveniles more typically act on what they think as opposed to what they feel, especially when compared to mature adults. You just discredit yourself when you do that. Same goes for comparing men to women, unless you get all your info from The View.

I have no idea what any of that means.  

That's obvious.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
electronistul

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:42:36 PM

Stamp (with all its Eu customers) seems to have got the above message. It doesn't budge with Huobi (Chinese don't really care if Europeans are losing their fiat or not) or Gocs ... was it Gox ? Forgot about some exchange that once was talked about around here.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 6156

Jambler.io

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:43:21 PM

In 2+ years of using crypto, not one of my real life friends has ever posted anything about bitcoin on their Pussbook.

Today DOGE just hit my facebook news feed................. the world is doomed

Where are you from? This DOGE mem is completely unknown in Germany...

Good good... I think you guys are the right guys for the job....  I think that you should track all Doge fans down within German borders, maybe anex a neighbouring country, and build special camps for the Doge fans, and keep them all there, well labelled, and prevent them from any Doge trading.... this would in the meantime until we come up with a longer term fix........ or to coin a phrase.........a final solution.

Wow such bad
Much poor taste
Very could not help myself
Bad joke.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

No seriously... crank that machine back up again and and verboten dem pesky Doge'rs  

DOGECOIN Das ist streng verboten!

Did you mean it to sound like that ?
stompix
Legendary

Jambler.io

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:46:16 PM

Well , that explains indeed a lot of things in detail.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 12:48:38 PM

This is an interesting option.
I'd like that to happen, but as someone who holds some millions of euros in several accounts, spread all over - what would be the incentive to buy bitcoin instead of gold, or real estate for that matter...

It's harder to smuggle gold out in the event of capital controls and damn impossible for land. If you have to pay property tax or are subject to use restrictions, you never really own land anyway.

But don't forget that rich participate in writing new laws and they will create few loop-holes. Rich own things - mostly international businesses and transfering things will never be a problem for them. Beside politics is in bed with them.

The rich are not a monolithic block. Some will find ways of protecting themselves and others will not. But everybody has the option of buying bitcoin. It's the lifeboat for everybody, but those who are too afraid to use it are no better off than those who are too stupid.
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:49:32 PM

Wishing for another Cyprus?
No, not wishing for another Cyprus.  A lot of Europeans think Cyprus was a one-off, which IMO is incredibly naive.  Maybe this report will prompt people to consider how safe their money really is.  If even a small % of savings are moved to Bitcoin, it's choo choo, whether another Cyprus happens or not.  Personally I think another Cyprus - or a Europe-wide measure as described in the report - is inevitable.

Not the first time this has been proposed.

the IMF mooted it back in October in their Fiscal Monitor - entitled Taxing Times
https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fm/2013/02/fmindex.htm

The relevant section is Box 6 on page 49, entitled A One Off Capital Levy, and talks about a tax of 10% on net wealth (not just bank deposits.)

It was also mentioned a couple of weeks ago by the German Finance Minister just before they started discussing bailing out Greece again.

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:49:51 PM

Mainly because people don't care about good news anymore. Which was the reason we always went up before.

Most of the good news (and bad news) that I have seen posted here mean nothing to the typical investor. (Overstock now accepts bitcoins? What is Overstock?)

Many investors will ignore news and just watch the price charts. The panic selling on feb/10, for example, may have been 1% investors reacting to "really bad news" (Karpeles's release stating that the protocol was broken), and 15% investors panicking because they saw the price drop fast after those 1% dumped their coins.

Those investors who understand the good news will also understand that they are not that exciting really.  (Overstock USA now accepts payment in USD from US customers through Bitpay? So what?)

Prices went up when more people invested in bitcoins, went down when investors dumped them.  Most new investors were attracted by the promise of quick and huge gains.  Many got scared off by government warnings and restrictions, many got disillusioned by the december crash, stagnating prices, and personal losses in trading.

A speculator who profits at trade will stay in the game, but probably will have no additional money to bring in.  A speculator who loses money is likely to dump his coins and take what is left of his money out.  News will matter little in both cases.  Thus, without new investors, the price is more likely to decay slowly than to increase.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:53:41 PM

I wonder sometimes if people on this forum would like to post onto say the Haiti expat forum and say things like :

Ha ha bros I hear another earthquake is coming ; ) you are going to lose all of your stuff !!! ha ha  oh lolz...

I really hope an earthquake comes... I really do... I want you all to get burned... burned bad... because I am not in Haiti but you are !!!

BURN HAITIANS!!! ha ha .. you are all going to die and when you do I will be here laughing

I hate haiti, and I think anyone in , or from Haiti is an IDIOT who deserves to DIE

Did I mention that I live 5,000 miles away from Haiti, and I have never been, I will never go, and I have zero interest in anything to do with Haiti
apart from watching it BURN !! ha ha you guys are so stupid you all deserve to lose everything you have and for it to ruin you, beause you are a  stupid Haitian

Remember Haitians I will be back several times today , even though I really do not care about Haiti, but I just need to remind you all how stupid I think you are !!! and how much I hope it all goes wrong for you... and I will come back the day after and post the same thing... because
I have nothing better to do with my life, literally nothing... I spend my life just giving people shit on a topic I have no interest in... because that it the kind of guy I am : )

Oh and by the way , have you heard that ALL of Haiti is going to get AIDS tomorrow? and when it does oh how I will laugh..

Seems legit right?

empowering
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:55:25 PM

In 2+ years of using crypto, not one of my real life friends has ever posted anything about bitcoin on their Pussbook.

Good good... I think you guys are the right guys for the job....  I think that you should track all Doge fans down within German borders, maybe anex a neighbouring country, and build special camps for the Doge fans, and keep them all there, well labelled, and prevent them from any Doge trading.... this would in the meantime until we come up with a longer term fix........ or to coin a phrase.........a final solution.

Wow such bad
Much poor taste
Bad joke.

No seriously... crank that machine back up again and and verboten dem pesky Doge'rs  

are you really asking?

stompix
Legendary

Jambler.io

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:57:36 PM

Wow such bad
Much poor taste
Bad joke.

are you really asking?

I am still thinking you started writing it without thinking of the *** and ended up like that , not that you planned it in advance.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:59:34 PM

Wow such bad
Much poor taste
Bad joke.

are you really asking?

I am still thinking you started writing it without thinking of the *** and ended up like that , not that you planned it in advance.

ha ha no I defo 100% planned it in advance... I just for no real reason fancied ribbing zee german a little bit, and having a joking dig at Dogecoin..

its a joke right?

TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:00:35 PM

I wonder sometimes if people on this forum would like to post onto say the Haiti expat forum and say things like :

Ha ha bros I hear another earthquake is coming ; ) you are going to lose all of your stuff !!! ha ha  oh lolz...

I really hope an earthquake comes... I really do... I want you all to get burned... burned bad... because I am not in Haiti but you are !!!

BURN HAITIANS!!! ha ha .. you are all going to die and when you do I will be here laughing

I hate haiti, and I think anyone in , or from Haiti is an IDIOT who deserves to DIE

Did I mention that I live 5,000 miles away from Haiti, and I have never been, I will never go, and I have zero interest in anything to do with Haiti
apart from watching it BURN !! ha ha you guys are so stupid you all deserve to lose everything you have and for it to ruin you, beause you are a  stupid Haitian

Remember Haitians I will be back several times today , even though I really do not care about Haiti, but I just need to remind you all how stupid I think you are !!! and how much I hope it all goes wrong for you... and I will come back the day after and post the same thing... because
I have nothing better to do with my life, literally nothing... I spend my life just giving people shit on a topic I have no interest in... because that it the kind of guy I am : )

Oh and by the way , have you heard that ALL of Haiti is going to get AIDS tomorrow? and when it does oh how I will laugh..

Seems legit right?

Bitcoin going down is not bad, it is good. The consolidation is necessary for it to form a strong base for commerce, gain new investors, redistribute all of the coins, and get ready for launch again. Bitcoin was going NOWHERE when it was 800-1000. It was just floating up there with no demand/volume, thin books, and millions of coins silently waiting to be sold.

I will admit that some of the ways people present themselves here sound harsh and aggressive like you said. However, the way I read this is that bears are rubbing in the bulls face that they were right after the bulls had insistently bet with the bears that prices were going up. Previously the bulls were on the offensive against bears and insulting bears, and now bears are turning that around back onto the bulls and throwing it in their face. It is a game. I don't think anyone actually wishes anyone any harm.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1742

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:03:05 PM

Explanation
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:03:13 PM

Seems legit right?

Bitcoin going down is not bad, it is good. The consolidation is necessary for it to form a strong base for commerce, gain new investors, redistribute all of the coins, and get ready for launch again. Bitcoin was going NOWHERE when it was 800-1000. It was just floating up there with no demand/volume, thin books, and millions of coins silently waiting to be sold.

I will admit that some of the ways people present themselves here sound harsh and aggressive like you said. However, the way I read this is that bears are rubbing in the bulls face that they were right after the bulls had insistently bet with the bears that prices were going up. Previously the bulls were on the offensive against bears and insulting bears, and now bears are turning that around back onto the bulls and throwing it in their face. It is a game. I don't think anyone actually wishes anyone any harm.

I agree on most points... I was half kidding, but also half serious... (I am an old PM and FX trader to I know the game)

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:04:00 PM

I'd like that to happen, but as someone who holds some millions of euros in several accounts, spread all over - what would be the incentive to buy bitcoin instead of gold, or real estate for that matter...

It's harder to smuggle gold out in the event of capital controls and damn impossible for land. If you have to pay property tax or are subject to use restrictions, you never really own land anyway.

But don't forget that rich participate in writing new laws and they will create few loop-holes. Rich own things - mostly international businesses and transfering things will never be a problem for them. Beside politics is in bed with them.

I kinda fear once panic will bring people to "lock" part of their savings using bitcoins, the governments will surely declare it illegal as well since they wont be able to taxe or reach it in any ways, thx to Bitcoin protocole.
So if this savings robbery happens, bitcoin will surge.. then it will be banned and thus price will drop.. ahah we are surely going to have some fun/action then Cheesy
MikeH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:04:34 PM

K, I'm moving to Germany.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 01:06:31 PM

Confiscation, although it will have another name, like how the Netherlands is now "cutting spending" by robbing all large pools of money like the funds of pensions and housing-corporations in an effort to stimulate the economy and spending. Funny how the press just repeated the statement like it was the most normal thing in the world. However if I were to follow their example and cut my spending at a cash register or with the help of some wealthy looking person in a dark alley I'd be put in jail for days. No wait, jailtime in days was for murder small scale economic crimes off course deserve far harsher punishment, I'm talking weeks maybe months man, the inhumanity.

The way to turn the tables is to find out where the money is going to go and to get there first.

http://movie-sounds.org/old-movie-samples/casablanca-1942/the-leading-banker-in-amsterdam-is-now-the-pastry-chef-in-our-kitchen
stompix
Legendary

Jambler.io

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:06:50 PM

K, I'm moving to Germany.

I wonder how Chinese are appreciating those meme, laughing about it and then having a bowl of it? =))))
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:13:12 PM

Mark is Back! the return of the jedi...

-> http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-mark-karpeles-responds-to-critics/

so apparently, we wont be able to withdraw bitcoin from any exchange before a long time (for the malleability issue to be solved, which is clearly not happening yet)... CRASSSSHHHHHHH Grin
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:16:33 PM

I know its not very interesting but I made a deposit to Bitstamp around 3 hours ago and it landed in my account after 2ish hours. Thats impressive!
Pages: « 1 ... 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 [4361] 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 ... 33202 »
  Print  

Jump to: