April 26, 2024, 11:11:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 [4362] 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368406 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 01:17:49 PM

Mark is Back! the return of the jedi...

-> http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-mark-karpeles-responds-to-critics/

so apparently, we wont be able to withdraw bitcoin from any exchange before a long time (for the malleability issue to be solved, which is clearly not happening yet)... CRASSSSHHHHHHH Grin

It'll be interesting to watch him try and explain why every other exchange is back online except Gox.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kkaspar

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:19:40 PM

The entire market wasted around two months on building illusions around the Chinese market.
When it was clear that soon there won't be much of Chinese market left, then religious zealots kept repeating otherwise. That created a lot of confusion on what will happen in the future and actually slowed down progress in the long run. The uptrend that started in January was fueled by pure stupidity.
The right thing would have been to drop the price and then plan another rise with opening new exchanges in new geographical locations. It would have been the normal life-cycle of bitcoin and the market would already be starting another uptrend. But with all these illusions and false hopes, we will probably see this downtrend last a lot longer then it should have been. The "get-rich-quick Choo Choo" people here have no vision or strategic thinking whatsoever.
And new payment options like overstock mean nothing to the price of bitcoin. If anyone buys bitcoin to buy from overstock, then it will be converted back to fiat right away. New payment options like this will more probably have an negative effect on the price, since more bitcoins will be converted to $ by older adopters.
New opening markets with the coming of new of gamblers are the only positive news that people should take into account when considering the price.
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 6270

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:20:33 PM

so apparently, we wont be able to withdraw bitcoin from any exchange before a long time (for the malleability issue to be solved, which is clearly not happening yet)... CRASSSSHHHHHHH Grin

Why are you saying that? There is no mentioning of such thing in the article , nor a statement from others exchangers.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:21:46 PM

The entire market wasted around two months on building illusions around the Chinese market.
When it was clear that soon there won't be much of Chinese market left, then religious zealots kept repeating otherwise. That created a lot of confusion on what will happen in the future and actually slowed down progress in the long run. The uptrend that started in January was fueled by pure stupidity.
The right thing would have been to drop the price and then plan another rise with opening new exchanges in new geographical locations. It would have been the normal life-cycle of bitcoin and the market would already be starting another uptrend. But with all these illusions and false hopes, we will probably see this downtrend last a lot longer then it should have been. The "get-rich-quick Choo Choo" people here have no vision or strategic thinking whatsoever.
And new payment options like overstock mean nothing to the price of bitcoin. If anyone buys bitcoin to buy from overstock, then it will be converted back to fiat right away. New payment options like this will more probably have an negative effect on the price, since more bitcoins will be converted to $ by older adopters.
New opening markets with the coming of new of gamblers are the only positive news that people should take into account when considering the price.

Do you own Bitcoin? (just outta interest)
seljo
Legendary

Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014

Hodling since 2011.®

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:22:48 PM

Sorry if this is a repost;
http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/02/jp-morgan-bitcoin-is-vastly-inferior-to-traditional-fiat-currency/
So a combined attack on BTC price from all sources  Undecided
stompix
Legendary

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:23:00 PM

We aren't talking about a government controlled currency which can be devaluation with a single click. If people don't want to sell it , it won't go down , if people want to sell it badly enough it will go down to that price and even further down.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:23:35 PM

It'll be interesting to watch him try and explain why every other exchange is back online except Gox.

I dont think we can withdraw BTCs from either BTC-e or Stamp yet?! and there is no clue when we will be able to do so. could take months..  Roll Eyes
stompix
Legendary

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:25:40 PM

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/02/jp-morgan-bitcoin-is-vastly-inferior-to-traditional-fiat-currency/

Coming from them , it's more of a praise than an attack.
mestar

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:25:46 PM

suddenly everyone is holding fiat and the only way out is BTC

You are aware that by trading, no amount of fiat on the gox is lost or gained.  Only the fees are taken out.  So, if there was 100 million when withdrawals are stopped, there is still 100 million there.

"Everyone holding fiat" is not a possible option.

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:25:51 PM

So a combined attack on BTC price from all sources  Undecided

what is funny is that they claim there is no recourse when using bitcoins... well.. Mr banskter there wont be any recourse too when you fucking bail out and disappear with our fiat or when you will let the governments take % of our savings... tsss
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:28:53 PM

can anybody explain who actually benefits from these attacks?
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 01:37:24 PM

I dont think we can withdraw BTCs from either BTC-e or Stamp yet?! and there is no clue when we will be able to do so. could take months..  Roll Eyes

I'm assuming that the other exchanges will find a work-around before Gox does.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 01:42:17 PM

Speculators with short positions, people wanting to buy in at a lower price, businesses with competing products (PayPal, Western Union), governments that enforce capital controls, black-hat hackers wanting street cred, and the thousands of people who publicly predicted Bitcoin would fail.
joburgtaxi

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:42:46 PM

People looking for cheap coins !!
magicmexican

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:44:46 PM

Looks like other exchanges still take mtgox into the consideration

But that Gox price... i actually would even consider buying Goxcoins now
kkaspar

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:49:57 PM

I owned bitcoins till the start of December. After it got clear that there is no future in China, I sold. I bought back in about two weeks ago, partially because I was intoxicated and bored behind the computer. Luckly sold couple of hours later with 803$.
Right now, I don't see myself buying back anytime soon. When I'll buy back in, then It will probably be buying some altcoin, not bitcoin.
Right now the only thing that keeps the bitcoin price from an ugly collapse are the thousands of miners who have invested thousands of dollars in their ASIC equipment. They are the ones who are holding and keeping the supply tight, because selling with this price means no ROI. But they can only hold the price for so long, because the electric bills are piling and their wives or girlfriends are yelling at them on why aren't the noisy machines producing any money like promised.

My faith in bitcoin is in a downtrend while my faith in cryptos and privatized monetary systems in general keeps steady.
kkaspar

banned but not broken

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:55:42 PM

We aren't talking about a government controlled currency which can be devaluation with a single click. If people don't want to sell it , it won't go down , if people want to sell it badly enough it will go down to that price and even further down.

Yeah, you can't control the stupidity of the market. The nature of the market will determine the probable percentage of stupid people involved. Bitcoin has been very attractive as an get-rich-quick scheme, so I agree that it is little naive to expect something else. You can only observe the stupidity and imagine scenarios on how things would have went if...
stompix
Legendary

Blackjack.fun

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:57:54 PM

I owned bitcoins till the start of December. After it got clear that there is no future in China, I sold. I bought back in about two weeks ago, partially because I was intoxicated and bored behind the computer. Luckly sold couple of hours later with 803$.
Right now, I don't see myself buying back anytime soon. When I'll buy back in, then It will probably be buying some altcoin, not bitcoin.
Right now the only thing that keeps the bitcoin price from an ugly collapse are the thousands of miners who have invested thousands of dollars in their ASIC equipment. They are the ones who are holding and keeping the supply tight, because selling with this price means no ROI. But they can only hold the price for so long, because the electric bills are piling and their wives or girlfriends are yelling at them on why aren't the noisy machines producing any money like promised.

My faith in bitcoin is in a downtrend while my faith in cryptos and privatized monetary systems in general keeps steady.

Ignoring the "I trade like a boss"  I've bought low sold high thingy , the way you talk about miners holding the price and getting yelled at by their wife&girlfriends , the way you said the price should have been controlled , I really don't see you as a person who has a clue about bitcoin , and not as a bitcoin owner at all.
creekbore

Activity: 210

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:58:01 PM

I've been withdrawing BTC from BTCe the last few days no problems...where does this 'intell' come?
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:58:33 PM

Attack? This is uber-bullish. If JP Morgan had to write a detailed report in order to shit on BTC it means they are pooping their pants. They are seriously concerned.

Great.
Pages: « 1 ... 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 [4362] 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: