May 05, 2024, 10:18:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24361 24362 24363 24364 24365 24366 24367 24368 24369 24370 24371 24372 24373 24374 24375 24376 24377 24378 24379 24380 24381 24382 24383 24384 24385 24386 24387 24388 24389 24390 24391 24392 24393 24394 24395 24396 24397 24398 24399 24400 24401 24402 24403 24404 24405 24406 24407 24408 24409 24410 [24411] 24412 24413 24414 24415 24416 24417 24418 24419 24420 24421 24422 24423 24424 24425 24426 24427 24428 24429 24430 24431 24432 24433 24434 24435 24436 24437 24438 24439 24440 24441 24442 24443 24444 24445 24446 24447 24448 24449 24450 24451 24452 24453 24454 24455 24456 24457 24458 24459 24460 24461 ... 33324 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372314 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 04:45:37 PM

Good bye GitHub, welcome MetaNet and the power of BitCoin
https://codeonchain.network/

You can simply use the bsvpush command line tool to upload an entire folder by running: bsvpush push
https://github.com/jolonf/bsvpush

Nobody here or in the world - outside of BSV brainlets such as yourself - gives a shit about your farcical Faketoshi crap. Wake me up when BSV flips BCH in market cap.

There exists a problem: Microsoft is enforcing geofencing on the repository undergirding the world's most prominent FOSS VCS.

There exists a solution under development: An eventual git-workalike whose repository is built upon a decentralized, permissionless blockchain.

And all you can see is: Aussie man bad!

SMH

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 04:56:38 PM

Well, to be fair, aussie man is pretty fucking disagreeable.

It would be way better for you guys if you could find a way to throw off some of these offensive personalities...just sayin'.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:01:46 PM

It would be way better for you guys if you could find a way to throw off some of these offensive personalities...just sayin'.

Like off a cliff, for starters.
Ludwig Von

Activity: 854
Merit: 307

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:01:55 PM

Damn, we might get to $9600 in a week or two with such craziness...

Lol, Yes, 9650 I guess... . Big dildos have taken a day off it seems... .  Cheesy
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:02:13 PM

If you can explain to me how to 'throw off some of these offensive personalities' from a permissionless system, that might be doable. But that would be abandoning perhaps the most foundational principle. Quite the conundrum.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:04:37 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), nutildah (1)

If you can explain to me how to 'throw off some of these offensive personalities' from a permissionless system, that might be doable. But that would be abandoning perhaps the most foundational principle. Quite the conundrum.

TheRealSatoshi walked away from BitcoinTM.

But FakeSatoshi remains, because he controls the mining cartel for his little shitcoin and can't leave the profit behind.

Quite the conundrum, eh?
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 7974

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2019, 05:13:03 PM

You can simply use the bsvpush command line tool to upload an entire folder by running: bsvpush push

Nobody here or in the world - outside of BSV brainlets such as yourself - gives a shit about your farcical Faketoshi crap. Wake me up when BSV flips BCH in market cap.

There exists a problem: Microsoft is enforcing geofencing on the repository undergirding the world's most prominent FOSS VCS.

There exists a solution under development: An eventual git-workalike whose repository is built upon a decentralized, permissionless blockchain.

SMH

He's the de facto captain of your pirate ship. Unfortunately the #2 in command isn't any better. BSV would be much more respectable if you mutinied against them, for the good of the ship.

Regardless, its a bit intellectually dishonest to pretend BSV would be anything without Wright. We've been through this a dozen times already -- its market cap subsists tremendously on the farce that Wright is Satoshi. How much, you may ask? Well, obviously anything over $80 a coin for starters, and probably half of that as well.

You're acting like there's not already a hundred coins out there with some at least slightly innovating new tech that are trying to solve certain problems -- there are, and nobody gives a shit about them as much as they do SV because they're not claiming to be the "real bitcoin" or have Satoshi as their dev.

My prediction for everything BSV-related: it will crumple into nothingness as so many other altcoins with grand plans have before it. Frankly I find the tech behind Counterparty (XCP) to be far more revolutionary and superior to anything put forward by SV. Your coin is a hoax.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:19:38 PM

Quite the conundrum.

I get that, and I feel for you, their antics have to be disheartening.  I don't have an answer.

I have become increasingly agnostic on blocksize in a purely philosophical sense.  I recognize that there are bad actors on both sides with vested interests and I have been working to immunize myself against their propaganda and name calling.

This is NOT to say that I am in any way ready to throw in with either of the current train wreck forks, though I will now don my flamesuit prophylactically given the current venue.

One can only hope that the free market of ideas will allow a really workable solution to rise to the top. 
Saint-loup
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 2353

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:21:05 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

What do you make of his $1million btc prediction?  I don't think it will happen

Overly ambitious.  But I wouldn’t definitively rule it out.
Specifically, McAfee predicted $1M by the end of 2020.  
A raging bull market may peak at $1M in q4 2020, but assuredly a major bear market will follow in the event.

McAfee prediction is based on his own “mathematics”. But he never disclosed why and how BTC will get to this level.

PlanB also predict multi millions values for bitcoin, he clearly states how we will get to that valuations. Part of the story is als o the fact that USD will lose much of his value (BTCUSD going up not because BTC going up, but because USD going down).
Still, difficult, not impossible.
2020?hardly doubt so, even if halvening effect fully takes place.

Hilarious that these clowns like McAfee make these outrageous Bitcoin price predictions, like the price will just magically "rise" to these astronomical levels on its own, in a supposed vacuum.

They never talk about people. As in, price rises when people fucking buy Bitcoin. As in public demand outstripping supply. So what is going to spur this amazing and sudden demand? Everyone I've talked to has no plans to create an account and buy any Bitcoin, no matter what the price does.

tldr; Bitcoin price doesn't just magically rise on its own.  /rant
However the demand is here, according to Ameritrade CEO...

Bitcoin Drawing More Interest From Traders, TD Ameritrade CEO Says

Despite U.S. lawmakers' skepticism toward Facebook's proposed digital token, Libra, individual investors are eager to trade cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, TD Ameritrade CEO Tim Hockey says in an interview.
Congress hates it. Regulators don't know what to do with it.
But cryptocurrencies like bitcoin are drawing increasing interest from investors, and they want to trade it, said Tim Hockey, the outgoing CEO of the online brokerage firm TD Ameritrade.
"Clients are asking for it"
"Especially given the discussions around Libra and the rebound in bitcoin, there's heightened interest again"

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/bitcoin-drawing-more-interest-from-traders-td-ameritrade-ceo-says-15028466
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:29:17 PM
Merited by hv_ (10)

SMH

Regardless, its a bit intellectually dishonest to pretend BSV would be anything without Wright.

I disagree. Surprise.

Gee, And I thought the topic of discussion was Microsoft's closing down access to github, and potential solutions thereupon.

We've been through this a dozen times already -- its market cap subsists tremendously on the farce that Wright is Satoshi.

I acknowledge that a large input to BSV's market cap is likely the question of the Satoshiness of CSW. However, given the endemic presence of Craig Derangement Syndrome (e.g., the topic of discussion vs. your imperative to making the potential solution a referendum on CSW), it is rather unclear as to whether CSW's association with SV is price-positive, or price-negative.

You're acting like there's not already a hundred coins out there with some at least slightly innovating new tech that are trying to solve certain problems -- there are, and nobody gives a shit about them

Funny that. It's not about new tech trying to solve certain problems. It is about established tech that has already solved the problem of permissionless non-inflationary money. And the ONLY chain that is progressing back to that original design.

nutildah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2019, 05:30:53 PM

One can only hope that the free market of ideas will allow a really workable solution to rise to the top. 

Isn't that what's happening right now? Bad actors can only keep a really good idea down for so long. I remember there was this documentary from 2006 called "Who Killed the Electric Car?" Well, it turns out the answer is "nobody."
nutildah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2019, 05:38:45 PM

I acknowledge that a large input to BSV's market cap is the question of the Satoshiness of CSW. However, given the endemic presence of Craig Derangement Syndrome (e.g., the topic of discussion vs. your imperative to making the potential solution a referendum on CSW), it is rather unclear as to whether CSW's association with SV is price-positive, or price-negative.

Breher you know full well we're not talking about CSW's association with SV, we're talking about Satoshi's association with SV. CSW came as part of the SV package, nobody is denying that. Its not an unknown. Its been factored into the price since Day 1.

Funny that. It's not about new tech trying to solve certain problems. It is about established tech that has already solved the problem of permissionless non-inflationary money. And the ONLY chain that is progressing back to that original design.

Well, I don't know how you "progress" back to an original design, its more like a "regress." But I'd like to also use your own words to respond to this:

Gee, And I thought the topic of discussion was Microsoft's closing down access to github, and potential solutions thereupon.

Where is this goal part of the white paper, that Craig read, probably when he wrote it...
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:40:30 PM

Isn't that what's happening right now? Bad actors can only keep a really good idea down for so long. I remember there was this documentary from 2006 called "Who Killed the Electric Car?" Well, it turns out the answer is "nobody."

We'll see...

It may yet turn out that we have a transaction throughput problem with the current configuration, not to mention an L2 centralization problem.

And no, I am not overlooking the chainsize/full node maintenance centralization problem of the alternatives.

These problems, they need solving.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:48:43 PM

Actually the real answer all along was "absence of viable battery technology". But some of the conspiracy theorists (the idiot ones) had their heads in the sand over that issue. It was more fun and more policy-targeted to blame the oil/gas industry.
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 05:52:23 PM

We'll see...

It may yet turn out that we have a transaction throughput problem with the current configuration, not to mention an L2 centralization problem.

And no, I am not overlooking the chainsize/full node maintenance centralization problem of the alternatives.

These problems, they need solving.

Let's start with this problem first:

"Why would I go through all the hassle and fees to buy Bitcoin so I can buy stuff with it (and then have to report the transaction to the IRS), when I can just use my bank account fiat and not endure any of that aggravation?"
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 06:06:09 PM

"Why would I go through all the hassle and fees to buy Bitcoin so I can buy stuff with it (and then have to report the transaction to the IRS), when I can just use my bank account fiat and not endure any of that aggravation?"

The "store of value" proposition obtains here.

There is currently no need to "buy stuff" given the evaporating value of fiat holdings.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2019, 06:26:02 PM

SMH

Regardless, its a bit intellectually dishonest to pretend BSV would be anything without Wright.

I disagree. Surprise.

We've been through this a dozen times already -- its market cap subsists tremendously on the farce that Wright is Satoshi.

I acknowledge that a large input to BSV's market cap is likely the question of the Satoshiness of CSW. However, given the endemic presence of Craig Derangement Syndrome (e.g., the topic of discussion vs. your imperative to making the potential solution a referendum on CSW), it is rather unclear as to whether CSW's association with SV is price-positive, or price-negative.

You're acting like there's not already a hundred coins out there with some at least slightly innovating new tech that are trying to solve certain problems -- there are, and nobody gives a shit about them

++
Torque
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 06:35:01 PM

The "store of value" proposition obtains here.

There is currently no need to "buy stuff" given the evaporating value of fiat holdings.

Agreed.

So potentially if millions of people all over the world buy Bitcoin infrequently (as a store of value), and hold for long periods of time, years or even decades, then the whole "transaction throughput problem" is overblown and over-hyped, is it not?

Since they won't be doing daily transactions with it?

Just like PMs. Nobody buys a silver coin just to turn around and try to buy a hamburger with it.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 06:35:52 PM

Purhaps this is a double bottom signaling a possible trend reversal?

This is negative action, a while back it lost the positive trend.   Its been doing well to go sideways but its failed a few times to go up.   It looks negative to me and I think the potential is greater downwards then upwards, truth is nobody can tell you absolutely and in any case the trend varies by the time frame you view it from.   Short to medium term I'd call it negative I think

This is some double top, basically just short term but speculators watch that

This is longer term and matters more, I could be wrong but the simplest approach is to count the highest peaks and call if they go up or down each time, same for lowest prices each day or week.  Its in a descent I think hence thats the likely larger trend till broken I assume.

Ugh - not so pretty.

I was getting really attached to 5-figure prices in bitcoin, after being down for so long.
Now I just have to focus on how much better it is over my $25-$40 cost basis and be grateful for what I have.

We got this far, so we can hold on another 2-5 years to see weather things improve.

I've realized through the years that very few people can be patient through these wild seemingly random gyrations.
and patience for those few that have enough of it will likely be richly rewarded.

If what you say is true about your costs being in the double digits, then it is going to be way easier for someone like you to NOT be phased whatsoever by the ups and downs, even if we have an 80% price correction from here.  In other words, you are part of a pretty small minority, if what you say is really true.  And another consideration, whether you are affected by such thinking or not, is whether you are still actively engaging in the market or are you in a strict HODLer disposition.  So, even if your cost basis is much below the current price, there still can be accumulating, maintenance or liquidation plans that can be employed that will consider strategies around BTC price movements.

needs moar lines

Exactly!!!!!!!  Frequently moar is equal to moar better, and btcbeliever's chart seems to be one of those kinds of situations.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4161

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 06:36:53 PM

SMH

Ohhh... How I love this thread...

All those posts, that we are all making... Permanently stored in BitcoinTalk's servers...

It will be so satisfying when those posts are quoted in a few years' time!  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 24361 24362 24363 24364 24365 24366 24367 24368 24369 24370 24371 24372 24373 24374 24375 24376 24377 24378 24379 24380 24381 24382 24383 24384 24385 24386 24387 24388 24389 24390 24391 24392 24393 24394 24395 24396 24397 24398 24399 24400 24401 24402 24403 24404 24405 24406 24407 24408 24409 24410 [24411] 24412 24413 24414 24415 24416 24417 24418 24419 24420 24421 24422 24423 24424 24425 24426 24427 24428 24429 24430 24431 24432 24433 24434 24435 24436 24437 24438 24439 24440 24441 24442 24443 24444 24445 24446 24447 24448 24449 24450 24451 24452 24453 24454 24455 24456 24457 24458 24459 24460 24461 ... 33324 »
  Print  

Jump to: