May 05, 2024, 08:19:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 25931 25932 25933 25934 25935 25936 25937 25938 25939 25940 25941 25942 25943 25944 25945 25946 25947 25948 25949 25950 25951 25952 25953 25954 25955 25956 25957 25958 25959 25960 25961 25962 25963 25964 25965 25966 25967 25968 25969 25970 25971 25972 25973 25974 25975 25976 25977 25978 25979 25980 [25981] 25982 25983 25984 25985 25986 25987 25988 25989 25990 25991 25992 25993 25994 25995 25996 25997 25998 25999 26000 26001 26002 26003 26004 26005 26006 26007 26008 26009 26010 26011 26012 26013 26014 26015 26016 26017 26018 26019 26020 26021 26022 26023 26024 26025 26026 26027 26028 26029 26030 26031 ... 33323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372284 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Heater

Activity: 403
Merit: 360

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 10:23:57 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Paashaas (1)

You:  I don’t like the idea that I’m not in control of my life.

Satoshi: I know exactly what you mean! ...Let me tell you why you’re here - you're here because you know something. What you know, you can’t explain - but you feel it. You felt it your entire life. There’s something’s wrong with the world. You don’t know what, but it’s there. Like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. ...Do you know what I’m talking about?

You: That gigantic systematic redistribution at the expense of self-determined life?

Satoshi: I'm done!

Reminds me of my first post here from Nov 2013:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=343475.msg3680065#msg3680065

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12038

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 10:26:34 AM

via Imgflip Meme Generator

The world is truly filled with people that doesn't belong to be among others.... I'm sometimes really starting to dislike human behavior overall  Undecided

Positive this isn't a BTC enthousiast or community member Roll Eyes
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 10:31:46 AM

My mother lives in Rio, ask her husband how the situation is there with Corona spreading...

"Touch wood, normal. Few cases coming from Italy and Spain. Carnaval passed ok, more than 2 weeks, no spread out too much. I think ,pretty sure  , hot weather is helping the situation. No instructions."
NeuroticFish
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 6376

Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 10:44:34 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (4)

I'm sometimes really starting to dislike human behavior overall  Undecided

There are a huge variety of humans, from smart, nice and common sense ones to blatant idiots. You know that. Don't let the scourges affect your overall feelings, you are better than that.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 10:52:05 AM

I fell ill yesterday and have just been diagnosed with #COVID2019. Everybody who had close contact @EthCC_ or @ETHLondon with me should take extra precautions and/or get tested

As well as being a shitcoiner, he's also now got the virus Lips sealed
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 10:53:37 AM

Reminder that we are at VERY strong support

Good call... I just longed a small position with 10x leverage at $7.8K, stop loss at the lows  Grin
Willing to get this position rekt.
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 11:02:42 AM
Merited by bones261 (2), Hueristic (1), NeuroticFish (1), Gyrsur (1), bkbirge (1)

Galaxy Digital CEO Mike Novogratz has attempted to explain what exactly happened to Bitcoin's safe haven status. In his new tweet, he writes that investors tend to 'take leverage down' and book profits during such black swan events.

Not a hedge asset

From the U.S. stock market suffering from its quickest correction since the Great Depression to oil prices plummeting 16 percent — this week will surely go down in history.

When global markets got gripped by a ruthless sell-off, Bitcoin failed to serve as a store of value, which many believe should be its main use case. In fact, BTC performed worse than any traditional asset, shedding 15 percent of its value in less than a week. At press time, it is just trading just below its key support level of $8,500.

Bonds, not Bitcoin

While gold bugs were quick to dismiss Bitcoin's as a hedge against economic uncertainty, Novogtatz's claim about investors booking profit definitely holds water.

One of the biggest surprises of this tumultuous week was the gold price recording a five percent drop on Friday. The yellow metal is considered to be the most robust store of value.

Just like during the 2008 crisis, investors started liquidating both stocks and gold for covering their margin calls. Bonds and cash turned out to be the real safe haven. 
https://u.today/mike-novogratz-explains-why-bitcoin-btc-is-failing-as-safe-haven

During his recent interview with TD Ameritrade Network, Ari Paul, the CTO of BlockTowerCapital, agreed with Galaxy Digital CEO Mike Novogratz that more money printing initiated by central banks around the globe could be the most bullish case for Bitcoin (BTC).

Is #bitcoin’s store of value use-case broken after its big break from bonds and gold? $btc@AriDavidPaul weighs in:

However, he predicts that Bitcoin could mirror gold in 2008 with a delayed reaction to the looming economic crash.

More aggressive rate cuts

As reported by U.Today, the U.S. Federal Reserve did a 50 bps emergency rate cut on March 3 to cushion the devastating blow from the coronavirus pandemic. However, it provided only a temporal relief for the equities market that had its worst day since the previous recession on March 9.

Now that President Donald Trump calls the Fed 'pathetic' and pressures it to cut rates in a more aggressive manner, things could get really bullish for Bitcoin as Novogratz predicted earlier.

"I totally agree with Novogratz that the strongest bull case for Bitcoin is what we are seeing right now, which is the entire U.S. Treasury curve below one percent," Paul said.   

https://u.today/mike-novogratz-thinks-its-strongest-bull-case-for-bitcoin-btc-ari-paul-agrees
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 11:07:23 AM

There are a huge variety of humans, from smart, nice and common sense ones to blatant idiots. You know that. Don't let the scourges affect your overall feelings, you are better than that.

Naaah I know many are the better ones, but 1 idiot fool on a 100 is already much... But my overall feeling are quiet Ok, I just hate reading the worst of them.... Daily proportion of reading are filled with them negative ones, of-course then again that the news and where the most reading is based up on.  Roll Eyes
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3004

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 11:08:28 AM

Wpt Barcelona cancelled

Partypoker event cancelled

Does Full Tilt etc. now require you to wash hands before buying into an online tournament, too?

Naaah I know many are the better ones, but 1 idiot fool on a 100 is already much... But my overall feeling are quiet Ok, I just hate reading the worst of them.... Daily proportion of reading are filled with them negative ones, of-course then again that the news and where the most reading is based up on.  Roll Eyes

Wrong way to look at it.
If you swim in a sea of fools, you have to enlighten youself that there are some islands populated with nice, intelligent people. This should be your reference, or you might drown in masses of idiots. Don't get frustrated by the things you can't change. Change your view/approach  Wink

EDIT: I had to combat this too. Once you don't belong to the idiots any more, you start to recognize how many they are.

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 11:13:51 AM

Satoshi: I know exactly what you mean! ...Let me tell you why you’re here - you're here because you know something. What you know, you can’t explain - but you feel it. You felt it your entire life. There’s something’s wrong with the world. You don’t know what, but it’s there. Like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. ...Do you know what I’m talking about?

You: That gigantic systematic redistribution at the expense of self-determined life?

As big as that is, it's still just a symptom.

I remember the moment where I knew, with terrible certainty, that something was very, very wrong with the world. It took many years before I understood it, much less was able to attempt to explain it. But it's there. It's a very, very real thing.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 11:21:17 AM

The world is truly filled with people that doesn't belong to be among others.... I'm sometimes really starting to dislike human behavior overall  Undecided

What do you think? Sacrifice him to the gods or burn him as a witch?
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2020, 11:21:27 AM

Galaxy Digital CEO Mike Novogratz has attempted to explain what exactly happened to Bitcoin's safe haven status. In his new tweet, he writes that investors tend to 'take leverage down' and book profits during such black swan events.

Not a hedge asset

From the U.S. stock market suffering from its quickest correction since the Great Depression to oil prices plummeting 16 percent — this week will surely go down in history.

When global markets got gripped by a ruthless sell-off, Bitcoin failed to serve as a store of value, which many believe should be its main use case. In fact, BTC performed worse than any traditional asset, shedding 15 percent of its value in less than a week. At press time, it is just trading just below its key support level of $8,500.

Bonds, not Bitcoin

While gold bugs were quick to dismiss Bitcoin's as a hedge against economic uncertainty, Novogtatz's claim about investors booking profit definitely holds water.

One of the biggest surprises of this tumultuous week was the gold price recording a five percent drop on Friday. The yellow metal is considered to be the most robust store of value.

Just like during the 2008 crisis, investors started liquidating both stocks and gold for covering their margin calls. Bonds and cash turned out to be the real safe haven.  
https://u.today/mike-novogratz-explains-why-bitcoin-btc-is-failing-as-safe-haven

During his recent interview with TD Ameritrade Network, Ari Paul, the CTO of BlockTowerCapital, agreed with Galaxy Digital CEO Mike Novogratz that more money printing initiated by central banks around the globe could be the most bullish case for Bitcoin (BTC).

Is #bitcoin’s store of value use-case broken after its big break from bonds and gold? $btc@AriDavidPaul weighs in:

However, he predicts that Bitcoin could mirror gold in 2008 with a delayed reaction to the looming economic crash.

More aggressive rate cuts

As reported by U.Today, the U.S. Federal Reserve did a 50 bps emergency rate cut on March 3 to cushion the devastating blow from the coronavirus pandemic. However, it provided only a temporal relief for the equities market that had its worst day since the previous recession on March 9.

Now that President Donald Trump calls the Fed 'pathetic' and pressures it to cut rates in a more aggressive manner, things could get really bullish for Bitcoin as Novogratz predicted earlier.

"I totally agree with Novogratz that the strongest bull case for Bitcoin is what we are seeing right now, which is the entire U.S. Treasury curve below one percent," Paul said.  

https://u.today/mike-novogratz-thinks-its-strongest-bull-case-for-bitcoin-btc-ari-paul-agrees

The BTDude deserves credit for that find. He is a soldier for BTCitcoin. Please honor him.

#nohomo
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 7974

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2020, 11:22:17 AM

I remember the moment where I knew, with terrible certainty, that something was very, very wrong with the world. It took many years before I understood it, much less was able to attempt to explain it. But it's there. It's a very, very real thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80g-M1rPX5M
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 11:22:43 AM

World
Coronavirus Conference Gets Canceled Because of Coronavirus

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-10/coronavirus-conference-gets-canceled-because-of-coronavirus
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 11:22:44 AM

As big as that is, it's still just a symptom.

It's within the brain. If we don't use it consciously, it starts to produce random output (like constantly background-dreaming), but our minds are not yet developed so far that we can recognize this as virtual, so we consider it as real. Our minds are constantly talking to us, and most of the time it's pretty dumb/bad shit. It's pre-warming for what it's needed, but if we distract ourselves by media, entertainment and so on, we don't use it. So it starts using us....
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2425

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2020, 11:22:56 AM

something was very, very wrong with the world.

It is "we" that is very wrong with the world.

We are just like viruses to this planet.

Eating away our host till its dead. We reproduce just like a virus. We consume everything till there is nothing left. Our time is coming to an end just like Dinosaurs.

The new age belongs to AI and Bitcoin and...

Coronavirus, Covid19.
heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 11:26:36 AM

If there's one thing I've learnt over the years is to not underestimate just how shit people can be
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 11:33:52 AM

Naaah I know many are the better ones, but 1 idiot fool on a 100 is already much... But my overall feeling are quiet Ok, I just hate reading the worst of them.... Daily proportion of reading are filled with them negative ones, of-course then again that the news and where the most reading is based up on.  Roll Eyes

Wrong way to look at it.
If you swim in a sea of fools, you have to enlighten youself that there are some islands populated with nice, intelligent people. This should be your reference, or you might drown in masses of idiots. Don't get frustrated by the things you can't change. Change your view/approach  Wink

EDIT: I had to combat this too. Once you don't belong to the idiots any more, you start to recognize how many they are.
The problem is that one idiot can ruin life for hundreds or thousands of people. And they outnumber us. Vastly.

Returning once again to our wonderful mouse utopia, modern research has been done on them. As we remember, the population first increases rapidly, then a bit slower before eventually leveling out. And then reversing until every single mices was dead.

Turns out that what happens is that at a certain population density, some of the mice get sick. Their primary sense is smell, and these sick mice make the others around them sick because their piss smells different. This triggers something in healthy mice that then make them sick, who go on to make even more healthy mice sick until they are all, to a tail, dysgenic specimens.

People like our spit-smearer is the human version of a sick mouse. If we simply allow them to go free, they will make the people around them sick. And so on.

We need to cleanse these people from the population. But we won't. And so a collapse is inevitable.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 11:44:46 AM

Wrong way to look at it.

The problem is that one idiot can ruin life for hundreds or thousands of people. And they outnumber us. Vastly.

Returning once again to our wonderful mouse utopia, modern research has been done on them. As we remember, the population first increases rapidly, then a bit slower before eventually leveling out. And then reversing until every single mices was dead.

Turns out that what happens is that at a certain population density, some of the mice get sick. Their primary sense is smell, and these sick mice make the others around them sick because their piss smells different. This triggers something in healthy mice that then make them sick, who go on to make even more healthy mice sick until they are all, to a tail, dysgenic specimens.

People like our spit-smearer is the human version of a sick mouse. If we simply allow them to go free, they will make the people around them sick. And so on.

We need to cleanse these people from the population. But we won't. And so a collapse is inevitable.

Totally makes sense. But we (the few) can't change that. So it's better to look at the positive aspects of our personal human life, or we make this life our personal hell.
Just retreat, little by little, from the masses. Surround yourself by "healthy" people.

Most important:
And keep away from others piss  Grin
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
March 11, 2020, 11:48:43 AM
Merited by sirazimuth (1)

What do you think? Sacrifice him to the gods or burn him as a witch?

Both, sacrifice him to the Gods, and burn him on the spot.

I think I prefer Batty's ropes and ovens. Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 25931 25932 25933 25934 25935 25936 25937 25938 25939 25940 25941 25942 25943 25944 25945 25946 25947 25948 25949 25950 25951 25952 25953 25954 25955 25956 25957 25958 25959 25960 25961 25962 25963 25964 25965 25966 25967 25968 25969 25970 25971 25972 25973 25974 25975 25976 25977 25978 25979 25980 [25981] 25982 25983 25984 25985 25986 25987 25988 25989 25990 25991 25992 25993 25994 25995 25996 25997 25998 25999 26000 26001 26002 26003 26004 26005 26006 26007 26008 26009 26010 26011 26012 26013 26014 26015 26016 26017 26018 26019 26020 26021 26022 26023 26024 26025 26026 26027 26028 26029 26030 26031 ... 33323 »
  Print  

Jump to: