May 03, 2024, 08:28:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26791 26792 26793 26794 26795 26796 26797 26798 26799 26800 26801 26802 26803 26804 26805 26806 26807 26808 26809 26810 26811 26812 26813 26814 26815 26816 26817 26818 26819 26820 26821 26822 26823 26824 26825 26826 26827 26828 26829 26830 26831 26832 26833 26834 26835 26836 26837 26838 26839 26840 [26841] 26842 26843 26844 26845 26846 26847 26848 26849 26850 26851 26852 26853 26854 26855 26856 26857 26858 26859 26860 26861 26862 26863 26864 26865 26866 26867 26868 26869 26870 26871 26872 26873 26874 26875 26876 26877 26878 26879 26880 26881 26882 26883 26884 26885 26886 26887 26888 26889 26890 26891 ... 33319 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371569 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12035

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 08:43:14 AM
Merited by bitebits (2), JayJuanGee (1), Paashaas (1)

3 years ago: crashed to $1830.

3 years ago : jumped to nearly 20K
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hv_
Legendary

Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2020, 08:47:15 AM

Funny extrapolating through 2 points - that's how you trick noobs into ?

Who can predict in a speculative game ?

Roll Eyes

Dont invest into things you dont understand
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3003

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 09:32:35 AM

I'm thinking August... probably August, yeah.

You got that covid19 dip included in the resistance line...
one might reconsider?

EDIT: I also didn't take bottom 2017 into account, so these are two very different perspectives. We met the last bottom alerady and it's way higher than 2017.
Twitter is all about bullish breakout "soon", so probably the king will tank "soon". who really knows?
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1679

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2020, 09:40:45 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Roll Eyes

Big words from a shitcoin promoter who has negative trust ratings for promoting Bitcoin Cash and for illegally giving fake legal/tax advice. GTFO of our thread.
Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 09:48:57 AM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

After 3 years we will 200K  Smiley
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2020, 10:09:23 AM

It's happening? One last down before UPGrin
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2056
Merit: 1188

Never selling

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 10:19:02 AM

We've had a lot of these last downs, they're starting to wear me out.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 10:20:06 AM

YUP! ***One Time Special Offer***

- Giving back to the Community!
- Exclusive to WALL Observers  Wink
- Just send me one ATH  Shocked
- I will send you back TWO ATH's for free!  Cool
- Offer only applies for the next 8 years!  Lips sealed
machasm

Activity: 784
Merit: 796

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 10:33:47 AM
Merited by somac. (1)

We've had a lot of these last downs, they're starting to wear me out.

Are here going to be getting yet another visit from Vegeta again?
I am pretty sick and tired of him at this point.
Still, some movement, even down, has got to be better than this long sideways action.
Fingers crossed that the big move up is imminent.
Got a retirement to be looking forward to soon.
Go Honey Badger Go.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 11:01:28 AM

And in other ATH's:

https://twitter.com/LJKawa/status/1283568477102645248

While the biggest loser from today's massive hack was Twitter, the biggest winner was bitcoin and crypto in general. LunarCRUSH - which leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to analyze cryptocurrency-focused social trends, search behaviors, internet chatter - compiled some data points regarding the Twitter hack. Here’s the interesting data (source: Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Medium, all News...basically the internet) they found:

For the first time ever, there have been over 550,000 social posts about crypto within 24 hours. This number excludes spam and bots.
At 3 PM PDT today, for the first time ever there were over 100,000 unique individuals on social media posting about / mentioning Bitcoin.
Out of all cryptocurrency-related social posts in the last 24 hours, Bitcoin’s share of all those posts went as high as 94.48%.
This event has had a little-to-no effect so far for Bitcoin’s price, but TWTR is down in after-hours trading.
Despite this potentially being looked at as a negative event, the negative event was really Twitter. The outcome was all-time high awareness across a much broader set of individuals that have never mentioned Bitcoin before.

-really not that many
-it's a start, a bump, a filip
-maybe a storm in a teacup
-waiting to find out what the White House makes of it
-but perhaps they did it themselves?

https://twitter.com/HackingDave/status/1283565211958509568

So. You have this level of access, you write a ton of automation scripting for it, and you send a lame mass bitcoin campaign.

Could have easily sold  this access for millions.

Something isn’t adding up here and smells like a much larger campaign masked as something else.

anyway, someone gets it:

https://twitter.com/RepTomEmmer/status/1283560177489379330

Bitcoin isn't the problem. Centralized control is.
BlackHatCoiner
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 7342

Farewell, Leo

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 11:02:35 AM

If you notice it, in almost every August price crushes.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10209

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 11:05:34 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

jbreher likes to pump them up too, I wonder why that is?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  He might want to chime his picnic bear ass into the mix, as well.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

He tends to support centralization and trusted third partys for some unknown reason.
Makes me wonder sometimes why he supports bitcoin?

Examples would be helpful in buttressing your claim.

You support Coinbase and BSV, do I really need to add anything more than that?

Yes, you do. Coinbase as opposed to what? Binance? BitFinex?

BSV as opposed to what? BTC? From a fundamental analysis they are exactly as centralized as each other.

Kraken and Gemini

In what manner are Kraken or Gemini more decentralized than Coinbase?

Why do BSvers always try to redefine the definition of decentralization? Are there no arguments you can come up with that don't require redefining meaning of words?

What the fuck are you babbling about now? As you seem to be accusing me of redefining 'decentralization', perhaps you might be so kind as to provide me with your personal definition thereof.

Umm the decentralized part was referring to BTC vs your scamcoin, and not the exchanges. The exchanges were suggested as alternatives to Coinbase, seems like everyone got that part except for you.

Still waiting for your:
1) explanation of how Coinbase suffers more as being a trusted third party than is Kraken or Gemini; and
2) personal definition of 'decentralization', so we may continue this discussion in a rational manner.

Wow.   Maybe we should have a poll on the topic jbreher?

Knock yourself out, though I don't see the relevance.

You summoned me indicating I like to 'support' coinbase.
Hueristic suggested it is because i like centralization and trusted third parties.
I pointed out that Hueristic's assertion was without merit.
Hueristic doubled down by conflating BSV with Coinbase.
I asked for an elaboration, as all exchanges are by definition centralized third parties, and that the BTC and BCH protocols are exactly as centralized as each other.
DaRude butted in in his/her typical clueless manner with 1) 'Kraken and Gemini', seemingly utterly ignorant of the fact that both these are also centralized trusted third parties; and 2) piled on implying I was changing the definition of decentralization.
I responded 1) asking how Kraken or Gemini are less centralized than Coinbase; and 2) asked for his/her definition of 'decentralization'.
DaRude then totally whiffed an answer, addressing neither of the points in discussion.
I responded pointing out that DaRude has addressed exactly zero of the points in discussion.
And full circle, you wade back in with irrelevancy about some poll.

That about sum it up? Yup, shore duz.

So after all that, to the point of you summoning me: yes, for my purposes, Coinbase is the proper exchange for me. Yes, it is a centralized trusted third party. AS IS EVERY FUCKING OTHER EXCHANGE.

As to the other topic somehow conflated in with the other. Yes, I understand that a good lot of you ascribe to the dogma that lotsa lotsa non-mining fully-validating clients equates to MOAR DECENTRALIZATION. Regardless of the relative amount of decentralization on any of a large number of other axes. And that lotsa lotsa minus one means that the entire system is in peril. You are of course wrong on both counts, but I get that all y'all think so. My point here is not to argue about that. It is to point out that your measure of centralization has fuck-all to do with any technical aspect of the coin/chain/client/code. It merely reflects the preferences of the market at this point in time, which is nothing more than the individual personal preferences of scads of individuals within the marketplace at this point in time.

Y'all are acting high and mighty about a state that is not due to anything fundamental, but rather due to collective whimsy.

So now that ONCE AGAIN, I have been incrementally goaded into stating my position AGAIN, lest idiots be allowed to put words in my mouth, are ya happy?

Didn't think so.

You did not need to restate your nonsense spin position, again.  You could have just sat back and said nothing.

Your whole rendition makes little sense, and I had already read some of the responses that your as spinning to be the bad guys.

In sum, no one seems to be disingenuous here, except you, in terms of attempting to have genuine conversations about the topic of decentralization or making comparisons between exchanges. 

So, on the topic of exchanges, you are trying to suggest all exchanges are equally fucked up, when that is not true.  Kraken and Gemini have not been accused of engaging in anything close to the same level of shenanigans as Coinbase... whether you deceptively attempt to reframe that as a question of level of centralization or decentralization or not.

And, on the topic of comparing bitcoin and the various bcashes, largely your favorite shitcoin BSV, the overwhelming majority of members participating in this thread already know that Bsv (or bcash sv) is a flaming bundle of scams, and since you ongoingly support such scam project, you ongoingly engage in attempts to equate it to bitcoin in various ways.  Sure you might mislead and deceive a few newbies, so the various responses to your ongoing nonsense is not to convince your ongoingly scheming, twisting and deceiving ass, but instead perhaps to help some newbies from getting overly mislead by your ongoing nonsensical assertions whether you are making coin comparisons or exchange comparisons, in this particular example... or your historical BIG block support nonsense.. which continues to be one of your beloved shitcoin BSV talking points.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 11:09:57 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2020, 11:26:51 AM by Last of the V8s
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), bitebits (1)

In wallet balls of spaghetti code, Samourai fail to own up to their mistake, one made by blockchain .info way back  Roll Eyes

https://medium.com/samourai-wallet/investigating-address-reuse-within-post-mix-spend-transactions-44b0647dee65

https://medium.com/@thepiratewhocantbenamed/samourai-wallet-address-reuse-bug-1d64d311983d

'bug' my arse

still, an excellent report by this monkey fella
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4157

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 12:00:38 PM

Vegetarian menu tonight...
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2020, 12:59:57 PM

Roll Eyes

Big words from a shitcoin promoter who has negative trust ratings for promoting Bitcoin Cash and for illegally giving fake legal/tax advice. GTFO of our thread.

Incorrect

I promote to do own research on BitCoin

But I didn't expect you to get that first place

Roll Eyes
akhjob

Activity: 1050
Merit: 416

Buy Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2020, 01:02:13 PM

Somebody who hacked the most important social platform in the world only wants Bitcoin not shitcoins.

No way someone that could gain that type of access was only scamming BTC. Is this a cover for something much bigger?

Oh well, free advertising is always nice i guess.

Ofcourse, this is a very big advertisement for BTCitcoin. But, I'm afraid that it might throw more negativity towards it  Undecided

Just for fun.
https://twitter.com/Cryptanzee/status/1283538246635380736

I don't see this throwing negativity over BTC , do people say $ is shit when someone robs a bank?  Grin  It is a free advertisement as stated above, things are happening around BTC and this shows at what lenghts people are willing to go to get more BTC. If anything that shows how powerful and valued BTC is Cheesy

Twitter will take the flak for this one as they should.

https://en.ethereumworldnews.com/twitter-hack-coverage-by-mainstream-media-is-hurting-bitcoin-btc/

Now you understand why I said that? Mainstream media has always been against Bitcoin because they clearly don't understand what it does.

No media will talk about how Bitcoin is used as money in El Salvador but they'll have a few shows stating that Bitcoin is using by hackers and criminals.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2020, 01:05:13 PM

jbreher likes to pump them up too, I wonder why that is?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  He might want to chime his picnic bear ass into the mix, as well.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

He tends to support centralization and trusted third partys for some unknown reason.
Makes me wonder sometimes why he supports bitcoin?

Examples would be helpful in buttressing your claim.

You support Coinbase and BSV, do I really need to add anything more than that?

Yes, you do. Coinbase as opposed to what? Binance? BitFinex?

BSV as opposed to what? BTC? From a fundamental analysis they are exactly as centralized as each other.

Kraken and Gemini

In what manner are Kraken or Gemini more decentralized than Coinbase?

Why do BSvers always try to redefine the definition of decentralization? Are there no arguments you can come up with that don't require redefining meaning of words?

What the fuck are you babbling about now? As you seem to be accusing me of redefining 'decentralization', perhaps you might be so kind as to provide me with your personal definition thereof.

Umm the decentralized part was referring to BTC vs your scamcoin, and not the exchanges. The exchanges were suggested as alternatives to Coinbase, seems like everyone got that part except for you.

Still waiting for your:
1) explanation of how Coinbase suffers more as being a trusted third party than is Kraken or Gemini; and
2) personal definition of 'decentralization', so we may continue this discussion in a rational manner.

Wow.   Maybe we should have a poll on the topic jbreher?

Knock yourself out, though I don't see the relevance.

You summoned me indicating I like to 'support' coinbase.
Hueristic suggested it is because i like centralization and trusted third parties.
I pointed out that Hueristic's assertion was without merit.
Hueristic doubled down by conflating BSV with Coinbase.
I asked for an elaboration, as all exchanges are by definition centralized third parties, and that the BTC and BCH protocols are exactly as centralized as each other.
DaRude butted in in his/her typical clueless manner with 1) 'Kraken and Gemini', seemingly utterly ignorant of the fact that both these are also centralized trusted third parties; and 2) piled on implying I was changing the definition of decentralization.
I responded 1) asking how Kraken or Gemini are less centralized than Coinbase; and 2) asked for his/her definition of 'decentralization'.
DaRude then totally whiffed an answer, addressing neither of the points in discussion.
I responded pointing out that DaRude has addressed exactly zero of the points in discussion.
And full circle, you wade back in with irrelevancy about some poll.

That about sum it up? Yup, shore duz.

So after all that, to the point of you summoning me: yes, for my purposes, Coinbase is the proper exchange for me. Yes, it is a centralized trusted third party. AS IS EVERY FUCKING OTHER EXCHANGE.

As to the other topic somehow conflated in with the other. Yes, I understand that a good lot of you ascribe to the dogma that lotsa lotsa non-mining fully-validating clients equates to MOAR DECENTRALIZATION. Regardless of the relative amount of decentralization on any of a large number of other axes. And that lotsa lotsa minus one means that the entire system is in peril. You are of course wrong on both counts, but I get that all y'all think so. My point here is not to argue about that. It is to point out that your measure of centralization has fuck-all to do with any technical aspect of the coin/chain/client/code. It merely reflects the preferences of the market at this point in time, which is nothing more than the individual personal preferences of scads of individuals within the marketplace at this point in time.

Y'all are acting high and mighty about a state that is not due to anything fundamental, but rather due to collective whimsy.

So now that ONCE AGAIN, I have been incrementally goaded into stating my position AGAIN, lest idiots be allowed to put words in my mouth, are ya happy?

Didn't think so.

You did not need to restate your nonsense spin position, again.  You could have just sat back and said nothing.

Your whole rendition makes little sense, and I had already read some of the responses that your as spinning to be the bad guys.

In sum, no one seems to be disingenuous here, except you, in terms of attempting to have genuine conversations about the topic of decentralization or making comparisons between exchanges. 

So, on the topic of exchanges, you are trying to suggest all exchanges are equally fucked up, when that is not true.  Kraken and Gemini have not been accused of engaging in anything close to the same level of shenanigans as Coinbase... whether you deceptively attempt to reframe that as a question of level of centralization or decentralization or not.

And, on the topic of comparing bitcoin and the various bcashes, largely your favorite shitcoin BSV, the overwhelming majority of members participating in this thread already know that Bsv (or bcash sv) is a flaming bundle of scams, and since you ongoingly support such scam project, you ongoingly engage in attempts to equate it to bitcoin in various ways.  Sure you might mislead and deceive a few newbies, so the various responses to your ongoing nonsense is not to convince your ongoingly scheming, twisting and deceiving ass, but instead perhaps to help some newbies from getting overly mislead by your ongoing nonsensical assertions whether you are making coin comparisons or exchange comparisons, in this particular example... or your historical BIG block support nonsense.. which continues to be one of your beloved shitcoin BSV talking points.

.. so there is no way just to solve such with big blogs - never

only with BIG BLOCKS

Grin
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2091
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 01:09:07 PM

You got that covid19 dip included in the resistance line...
one might reconsider?

Yeah, you probbaly right...

Real resistance seems to be around 9000...
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2020, 01:10:09 PM

Fake dump gentlemen  Grin
Indymoney

Activity: 896
Merit: 236

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 01:34:22 PM

Fake dump gentlemen  Grin
No worries will end with real rise.
Pages: « 1 ... 26791 26792 26793 26794 26795 26796 26797 26798 26799 26800 26801 26802 26803 26804 26805 26806 26807 26808 26809 26810 26811 26812 26813 26814 26815 26816 26817 26818 26819 26820 26821 26822 26823 26824 26825 26826 26827 26828 26829 26830 26831 26832 26833 26834 26835 26836 26837 26838 26839 26840 [26841] 26842 26843 26844 26845 26846 26847 26848 26849 26850 26851 26852 26853 26854 26855 26856 26857 26858 26859 26860 26861 26862 26863 26864 26865 26866 26867 26868 26869 26870 26871 26872 26873 26874 26875 26876 26877 26878 26879 26880 26881 26882 26883 26884 26885 26886 26887 26888 26889 26890 26891 ... 33319 »
  Print  

Jump to: