May 05, 2024, 04:00:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28742 28743 28744 28745 28746 28747 28748 28749 28750 28751 28752 28753 28754 28755 28756 28757 28758 28759 28760 28761 28762 28763 28764 28765 28766 28767 28768 28769 28770 28771 28772 28773 28774 28775 28776 28777 28778 28779 28780 28781 28782 28783 28784 28785 28786 28787 28788 28789 28790 28791 [28792] 28793 28794 28795 28796 28797 28798 28799 28800 28801 28802 28803 28804 28805 28806 28807 28808 28809 28810 28811 28812 28813 28814 28815 28816 28817 28818 28819 28820 28821 28822 28823 28824 28825 28826 28827 28828 28829 28830 28831 28832 28833 28834 28835 28836 28837 28838 28839 28840 28841 28842 ... 33323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372217 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 02:39:52 PM

Why total Blackout  Huh
Actually it is NOT totally black...  Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2021, 02:42:26 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

WTF

and Elon has good intentions?
In my head the meaning was as follows:
Elon started shilling bitcoin and he seemed well intentioned while in the end it was clear he was only using bitcoin for his own agenda. In the meantime, his good intentions brought many closer and closer to hell.

in hind sight:
I see him as never having good intentions and did it all because it made him money.

Unlike Tesla stock Musk is able to legally say a lot of shit about cryptocoins (@ JJG this is appropriate in this thread in this sentence)

So Musk never had good intentions and did a hatchet 🪓 job on some coins to promo other coins.

But that is looking at what he did with hindsite.

If you go back and read my posts last year scattered about this thread and others I said he would do it to promo doge. He did.
As smart as I was about him doing that I did not see him turning on btc.

The reason is simple he wants to be bigger than btc and to be able to make btc his bitch along with any other coin.

I now sell every coin I mine other than btc which I stack and hodl.

The way to turn it on Musk is buy dips stack and hodl btc

Secondly do all you can to stop 100x leverage and 50x leverage and 25x leverage.

Limit leverage to 5x or maybe 10x as leverage can killoff price far more easily than non leveraged.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 02:55:50 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), somac. (1)

Reading through a lot of the El Salvador comments on twitter. Constant complaints of why did they adopt btc its transactions fees are $50, they should have adopted *insert shitcoin of choice here*.

After sending a transaction myself today for 2 sats I'm surprised (just kidding) that the transactions are at $50, check mempool.space to see what fees actually are, what do you know, fees are at $0.05 (1sat). People and their propaganda, it's mind blowing sometimes.

Oh, and since El Salvador will be focusing on the LN fees will of course be even lower anyway.

This really is the absolute acid test for the transaction layers. But the thing is it's already working in El salvador. I saw that picture of a newspaper article with the headline talking about "Jack mallers the CEO of Strike" and for a second I wondered what will they think when they read this CEO of Strike what? But that's not true, I think enough people in that country now know what Strike is for that headline to make sense. 

Also I think Wallet of Satoshi is being heavily used in El salvador. That's a custodial lightning wallet but it's working. These are the solutions that are going to take us to the next stage.

I hate to say it but it makes me very happy to see this happening so that those who are naysayers for the last four or five years about second layer technologies working get to watch them unfold this way. F*** Roger.

These first large scale lightning users are so far ahead of the rest of the world. Just like a lot of the African users who are also using lightning Network. Second layers are no longer in their infancy stage. They are now basically entering puberty. The teen years might be rough but that's where we're headed right now. It's nascent technology but it works.

And even more amazing and important is the PEOPLE are understanding why it's worth the TROUBLE and friction to use bitcoin instead of some other shitcoin "cheaper to transact in".

Can you hear the sound of the flames licking around the edges of all the big blocker narratives?

I love a nice crackling fire!
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 03:01:36 PM

Explanation
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 03:13:23 PM

Why total Blackout  Huh
Actually it is NOT totally black...  Shocked

After a little shade tree image enhancement.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4161

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 03:30:28 PM

"But the coolest thing is none of that matters at all. Bitcoin does not give a shit if you are rooting for it, or not."

Probably the most important takeaways from any bitcoin conference.
Well I'm sure a lot of folks there were caught up in the emotion and did not see what many of us out here saw vis a vis the near religious frenzy.  I gotta say, It was super polarizing for me, I had thoughts of "I should sell all this. We just jumped the shark" right next to " OMG, this really is the beginning of the hyperbitcoinization dominoes".  Very hard to stay balanced.

But being the contrarian that I am, I also think the crazier the no coiners think we are the more likely it is that this is going to be a success strangely. Because people are going to look back and say - well it was obvious, why didn't I see it? Right now we're in the why didn't I see it stage still.

Almost all major world-changing discoveries/innovations/inventions in the history of the world came from "crazy" scientists, engineers, experimentalists. They came from those who could (and dared to) think outside of the box. Galileo, Einstein, Schrödinger, Tesla, Turing, too many to mention. The establishment of their time ignored them, ridiculed them, and even persecuted them for their work. And 100 years later they put them in banknotes and stamps and make sculptures of them. This is how the world works. History is repeating and will keep repeating, and, sadly, we seem to never learn from the past and repeat the same mistakes all over again.

But, as you correctly mentioned in the quote above, Bitcoin (or heliocentrism, or relativity theory, or quantum mechanics, or alternating current, or computer science) doesn't give a shit about what the world thinks of it.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2896

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 03:42:18 PM

You still have time.... get your Satoshis now...!!
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 03:43:20 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

#dyor

1h

4h

D

#stronghands

https://www.reddit.com/r/MemeTemplatesOfficial/
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 04:01:27 PM

Explanation
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7992

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 04:05:21 PM

WASHINGTON, June 5 (Reuters) - The Department of Justice said on Saturday that it would no longer seek source information from reporters in leak investigations after recent revelations that former President Donald Trump’s administration had secretly obtained phone and email records from a number of journalists.

https://www.reuters.com/article/usa-biden-media/us-justice-dept-says-it-will-no-longer-seize-reporters-records-in-leak-investigations-idUSL2N2NN0A8

You don't really believe this tripe do you?  It's just politics as usual.  Biden gets some love points for hating on Trump while he did the exact same thing under the Obama administration many more times. Think he's had a change of heart?  I don't.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/1400917531125223425
FBI Demands identifying Info including IP addresses and telephone numbers of readers of a USA Today article

just page 2 (you can see the rest via the twitter link.

Which part of "no longer" did you miss?

I guess you do believe that tripe.

I didn't miss any part of "no longer"; those two words provided the incentive for my post.  I'm not questioning your integrity; just the integrity of your government... all governments really.  I don't share your optimism based on one media release from the man who served as VP under one of the worst offenders of press freedoms to hold the position of POTUSA.  In this case, the solution to the problem (limited press freedoms) comes from the same entity that created the problem (the government); therein lies the problem.  Time will tell.  

serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2021, 04:06:36 PM

The Anonymous are targeting Elon now: https://news.bitcoin.com/anonymous-targets-elon-musk-destroying-crypto-holders-lives-control-bitcoin/

Hope they'll start with hacking the shit out of Tesla and it's autopilot.  Grin
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 04:15:15 PM

Yes, it has been discuses a page or to back  Roll Eyes

No, first seeing then believing. And a cyber battle over crypto isn’t going to do the community any good.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 04:24:29 PM

Jack Mallers Announces El Salvador Bitcoin Adoption
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uGOfqN2y9k

Watch it in case you have any doubts about the future of Bitcoin. Worrying about the ticker price can sometimes almost be embarrassing. Bitcoin is hope.

Edit:

The US and Canada enforces capital gains tax on currency transactions so it doesn't make a difference in my case unless the net gain (or loss) is less than $200... I can't live on that!

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 04:28:18 PM

Some guy named after the glandular secretions of plants and animals.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 04:31:35 PM

Reading through a lot of the El Salvador comments on twitter. Constant complaints of why did they adopt btc its transactions fees are $50, they should have adopted *insert shitcoin of choice here*.

After sending a transaction myself today for 2 sats I'm surprised (just kidding) that the transactions are at $50, check mempool.space to see what fees actually are, what do you know, fees are at $0.05 (1sat). People and their propaganda, it's mind blowing sometimes.

Oh, and since El Salvador will be focusing on the LN fees will of course be even lower anyway.

I surely am not going to proclaim that either onchain fees are irrelevant nor the sometimes surprise fluctuation in onchain fees.. but like you mention, there seems to be quite a bit of lightning network focus and even experimentations that are already happening in El Salvador, including Jack Maller has not only seemed to have found some ways to efficiently and effectively onboard new BTC users through lightning network through Strike, he has also announced that he is planning to establish a Strike headquarters in El Salvador including inviting and/or teaming up with a lot of Bitcoin BIG Hitters to also establish operations in El Salvador or affiliated with possible new bitcoin related businesses moving to El Salvador.. with quite a bit of receptivity from the El Salvador government (at least so far through the El Salvador president) that may well have some amount of staying power if matters continue to progress in those parts. 

Of course, there could be some copy cats that attempt to lure business to other jurisdictions besides El Salvador or there could be some hostilities towards El Salvador's openness to bitcoin, too (whether from the inside or outside).   We will see how this develops including that it needs to get passed beyond just the president, which he said that he is going to attempt to achieve this week (aka soontm).

"But the coolest thing is none of that matters at all. Bitcoin does not give a shit if you are rooting for it, or not."

Well I'm sure a lot of folks there were caught up in the emotion and did not see what many of us out here saw vis a vis the near religious frenzy.  I gotta say, It was super polarizing for me, I had thoughts of "I should sell all this. We just jumped the shark" right next to " OMG, this really is the beginning of the hyperbitcoinization dominoes".  Very hard to stay balanced.

You sound like a bit of a party poop to me.

So what if there is some feelings of a cult or a circle jerk or whatever.

Any kind of event where you have lots of people with common interests are going to have that kind of a feeling to them.

Another aspect is that the sponsor (Bitcoin Magazine) purposefully announced that they were NOT going to allow folks to either talk about various shitcoins or shill them on stage... Does that feel like censorship to you?  It's probably a sigh of relief to a lot of folks who are either exhausted by hearing about shitcoins and realize the overall bullshit of more than 99% of them... so who needs bullshit infiltrating the space and the ability to really try to explore good bitcoin ideas. 

By the way, there are plenty of venues and space for shitcoins to spread their ongoing bullshit and nonsense, but just like this thread, it is pretty damned nice to NOT have to put up with much of any of that shitcoin bullshit, even though some guys here are missing on shitcoin discussion, but just consider how that nonsense devolves if either we are not willing to nip it in the bud and there are quite a few guys (and perhaps a gal too) here who restrain themselves from bringing up such baloney - except in a context that describes the nonsense for what it is.. so surely there can be ways to bring up shitcoins without pumping the shit and without letting it devolve.. and the expansion of some of the core values and practices of the WO thread (though in a bit more of a centralized way) kind of seems to be what Bitcoin Magazine was aspiring to do and seems to have had mostly accomplished their objectives.. breath of fresh air.. and recall just a few years ago, even Bitcoin Magazine was becoming less and less comprehendible until they finally moved away from shitcoinery.. so they have been largely bitcoin focused in the past few years.. which surely improved their product and their contributions to the bitcoin space...

Go bitcoin go.. and go bitcoin magazine for having enough spine to refuse the bribes and various attempts of infiltration of shitcoiners and stick to an actually meaningful bitcoin focus that actually helps normies to attempt to also understand that bitcoin is not just part of some nonsense classification but is the indisputable leader in the space in spite of various ongoing direct, indirect, subtle and not so subtle attacks upon it.

But being the contrarian that I am,

Sometimes you muddy your thoughts if you are trying to be a contrarian and you are not even recognizing why you are being a contrarian.

Sometimes there is a need to take an actual stance rather than just being a skeptic.. blah blah blah...

Say after me:  "Bitcoin is dee king daddy" 

"Bitcoin is dee king daddy" 

Ok.  You feel better now, or no?

You fuck.

I also think the crazier the no coiners think we are the more likely it is that this is going to be a success strangely. Because people are going to look back and say - well it was obvious, why didn't I see it? Right now we're in the why didn't I see it stage still.

We are not getting rid of shitcoins or shitcoinery.  There is a lot of money to be made from shitcoins, fooling people and ponzi schemes.  There is almost no ability to eliminate the greater fool to buy your shitcoin and your shitcoin bullshit, so shitcoins are not going away... So you do not need to worry, cAPSLOCK, that the bitcoin religion is going to brain wash everyone and bitcoin is going to turn into a cult and blah blah blah.. we are a long-ass way from that, that's for sure.  We can hardly even get regular smart peeps to adopt bitcoin.. so there is a real long way to go before those normies who finally start to seem that they are learning about bitcoin are not lead into "smarter ideas" about some bitcoin competitor that is going to either cause them to be rich or to eat away at bitcoin's dominance.. blah blah blah.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 04:34:54 PM

a fanboy of Elon draw this picture of him. GOLD!!!  Grin Grin

EDIT: animated version --> https://twitter.com/i/status/1401497735207931909  Grin Grin

That is amazing! (and funny)
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 04:42:18 PM

But being the contrarian that I am, I also think the crazier the no coiners think we are the more likely it is that this is going to be a success strangely. Because people are going to look back and say - well it was obvious, why didn't I see it? Right now we're in the why didn't I see it stage still.

I'm sure the ability to gather together in quite some time was cause enough for feelings of euphoria.

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 04:42:58 PM
Merited by bitebits (2)

Think the El Salvador news is one of the most fundamentally bullish news we had in quite a while. So testing my new hat (a Homer original) since no doubt in my mind we will now reach $100k and beyond (and Bitcoin has to do exactly nothing for that to happen).

Joe Cocker - You Can Leave Your Hat On (Official Video) HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfgwrdYUQ2A

Edit: Laser eyes still charging it seems. Please hodl.

My!  What big eyes you have.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 04:54:33 PM

Secondly do all you can to stop 100x leverage and 50x leverage and 25x leverage.

Limit leverage to 5x or maybe 10x as leverage can killoff price far more easily than non leveraged.

We have a bit of a wild, wild west in terms of various ways to attempt to use leverage, so use of leverage both allows for motives of price manipulation in terms of pumping the BTC price in one direction or another in order to make money on the leveraged instrument and it also allows for the forced liquidation of others who use leverage beyond their ability to properly manage it (inclinations of peeps to gamble and then end up getting fucked because they end up getting liquidated way more easy the higher leverage that they employ - without necessarily adequately thinking it through - which is kind of the textbook definition of gambling and so many of us are very inclined to gamble).

Yes, it has been discuses a page or to back  Roll Eyes

No, first seeing then believing. And a cyber battle over crypto isn’t going to do the community any good.

Does seem problematic if such a battle were to occur (or would it be ramp up?), and hackers would ramp up their attempts to hack a variety of potentially vulnerable systems. It would likely create more incentives to get your cyber security into a better state of order, and surely there are a lot of vulnerabilities in the world.. and ONLY so many teams (or individuals) who are both able to attack various systems and feel that they are incentivized in one way or another to attack various system.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 05:01:28 PM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 28742 28743 28744 28745 28746 28747 28748 28749 28750 28751 28752 28753 28754 28755 28756 28757 28758 28759 28760 28761 28762 28763 28764 28765 28766 28767 28768 28769 28770 28771 28772 28773 28774 28775 28776 28777 28778 28779 28780 28781 28782 28783 28784 28785 28786 28787 28788 28789 28790 28791 [28792] 28793 28794 28795 28796 28797 28798 28799 28800 28801 28802 28803 28804 28805 28806 28807 28808 28809 28810 28811 28812 28813 28814 28815 28816 28817 28818 28819 28820 28821 28822 28823 28824 28825 28826 28827 28828 28829 28830 28831 28832 28833 28834 28835 28836 28837 28838 28839 28840 28841 28842 ... 33323 »
  Print  

Jump to: