May 06, 2024, 08:46:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28987 28988 28989 28990 28991 28992 28993 28994 28995 28996 28997 28998 28999 29000 29001 29002 29003 29004 29005 29006 29007 29008 29009 29010 29011 29012 29013 29014 29015 29016 29017 29018 29019 29020 29021 29022 29023 29024 29025 29026 29027 29028 29029 29030 29031 29032 29033 29034 29035 29036 [29037] 29038 29039 29040 29041 29042 29043 29044 29045 29046 29047 29048 29049 29050 29051 29052 29053 29054 29055 29056 29057 29058 29059 29060 29061 29062 29063 29064 29065 29066 29067 29068 29069 29070 29071 29072 29073 29074 29075 29076 29077 29078 29079 29080 29081 29082 29083 29084 29085 29086 29087 ... 33328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26373107 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 10:01:26 PM

Explanation
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 10:06:45 PM

I am new to the wall observer thread and I thought of something that could be fun as an introduction. You guys can decide when I next sell my Bitcoin. I will be reinvesting do not worry! Give me a number at which I should sell at and I will then reinvest when the next dip comes.

Sell ASAP.. (so around our current price of $29,750 or maybe $29,800, if you can get it) and reinvest around $19,666.. that was the high for the last period (would have been December 2017)..

For sure, 99.5% guaranteed, we are going below $19,666, but just to be safe and not too greedy, buy back at $19,666.

This is investment advice.

Bad Bot! So Mean!

(Could have at least given him the hot tip about SHIB/Rocket/Moon)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10218

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 10:12:11 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2021, 02:28:39 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by Saidasun (5), AlcoHoDL (2), elliottflz65 (1)

I see on my phone that my uncle "read" my texts from yesterday (about a few hours after I sent them), but I still have not heard from him.  

I have been thinking of possible variations of the bet too.. in order that the bet might keep running, so maybe we figure out an amount that is comfortable, but we keep the bet running for something like 5 years, and at the end of each calendar year we measure to see where we are at in terms of comparing bitcoin to the DJI... ...

So maybe we start with $5 or even $50 at the end of 2021, and then each year we multiply the bet (but we continue to use the beginning of 2021 as our starting reference point for the price (percentage) to beat), which is showing our long term conviction starting from a base point (which I feel that would be my giving him a ~30% headstart, too.. and I do not have a problem with that)...

So maybe the bet doubles or triples each year, so it would look like either the 2x, 3x, 5x or perhaps some other multiple and sure the below examples show starting from $5 but maybe add a zero (which would be starting from $50) or use some other starting number ($1, $20, $100 or whatever) to customize the starting point and the multiples to individual "friendly" finances while creating a kind of magnification that emphasizes an importance in thinking about the longer term rather than getting all worked up about short-term nonsense, when in fact my uncle and I are both considering our lil selfies as long term investors, but for some reason, yesterday he seemed to have been putting so much emphasis in short-term nonsense just to make his comparative point and supposedly that his investment in stocks was "beating" bitcoin (at least from his way of framing the matter).

2x                                 3x                               5x                                       xxx
End of 2021               $5                                $5                               $5                                      $5 (or some other amount)
End of 2022               $10                              $15                              $25                                    $xxx
End of 2023               $20                              $45                              $125                                  $xxx
End of 2024               $40                              $135                            $625                                  $xxx
End of 2025               $80                              $405                            $3,125                               $xxx

The whole matter of betting or putting a bit of stake behind assertions can still be friendly.. but putting some money where your mouth is can be helpful to showing true conviction, and of course, if the bet amounts are high, there there could be some reason to make sure that any of us would save for the event that we might lose the bet.. and no one of us should be putting all our eggs in one basket, even if we may well be willing to bet in accordance with one direction or another turning out in our favor.
I do not know your uncle but I have found that when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is people do not do it. I doubt he is going to take the $5 bet and will probably shrug it off saying that would be silly. If you were to follow the structure you have outlined above you would probably bankrupt your uncle swiftly Cheesy

I am probably as bullish as you could find with Bitcoin but I agree with your point of not putting all your eggs in one basket. I have tried to invest in various different outlets and not just Bitcoin and no I am not talking about shitcoins. I'm talking about stocks and Bitcoin but Bitcoin has for a fact been the money maker if we look at the profit over the years. I have not taken my investment out of Bitcoin yet but if I did I would be up more than 500% and I definitely cannot say the same for the stocks that I have invested in.

Around mid-day yesterday (maybe a couple of hours after your above post, Saidasun), my uncle did acknowledge that he read my earlier texts to him regarding my bet proposals, and he texted me back and said that he just does not like texting back and forth, so he would prefer to meet to discuss.  I sent him a text saying that I will meet whenever he wants.

I was working on a draft text to send my uncle.. but I just cannot bring myself to send it… I suppose that I just do not want to be pushing things (especially when he seems reluctant to respond to text messages) or seeming to be gloating about bitcoin’s to date performance as compared with gold and stock index funds – which should be obvious.. but since I drafted the text (and have not yet sent it to my uncle), I will present the draft here in this thread (and therefore it does not go totally wasted).. Also, I might reconsider and later decide to send some variation of it or to share the information with him in some other form, but I have it in a draft form, at least.

Here it is:

>>>>>>>>>>>
The evidence is just overwhelmingly convincing that BTC has outperformed both gold and the stock market (referring to index funds), and sure of course, the longer the timeline for investing the more evident it is that BTC has outperformed both of those asset classes.  

Furthermore, there is no real evidence or knowledge based convincing logic that the trend is stopping, and really the investment thesis is stronger for bitcoin today than it was in 2014 or 2016 – even though the price is 78x and 40x higher respectively.

Let’s take those two timelines as examples.  First is if you had bought $25 per week of bitcoin starting in our late 2016 conversation on the topic, which is 5 years.  Your bitcoin investment would have been $6,525, the value of your bitcoin would be about $70k (about 2.1 BTC accumulated), and the percentage of increase would have been around 10x.  In that same period, Gold and stock index funds would have only been $8,432 (up 29.23%) and $9,255 (up 41.84%) respectively.  Here’s a link to that information.

https://dcabtc.com?sd=2016-07-20&sda=5_years&f=weekly&d=5_years&ac=1000&c=true

Another timeline would be if you had bought $25 per week of bitcoin starting from when I first sent you $10 worth of bitcoin in late 2014, which is 5 7 years.  Your bitcoin investment would have been $9,150, the value of your bitcoin would be about $325k (a bit more than 10 BTC accumulated), and the percentage of increase would have been around 34.5x.  In that same period, Gold and stock index funds would have only been $12,352 (up 35%) and $14,491 (up 58.38%) respectively. Here’s a link to that information.

https://dcabtc.com?sd=2014-07-20&sda=7_years&f=weekly&d=7_years&ac=2500&c=true

Either way, investing in bitcoin has been a great investment and there is nothing saying that the party is over.  Bitcoin has and will likely continue to outperform any stock index fund or gold in the coming 4 years or more.. and probably any other hard or soft asset in your investment portfolio.<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Saidasun

Activity: 334
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 10:13:45 PM

Gosh.. you are starting to sound like somac.., Saidasun,  and sure there could be some nuclear bomb ramifications of our ongoing craziness.. because resetting of various financial and governmental systems do not tend to be completely peaceful - even if bitcoin might allow for some mechanisms for even countries to transition out of the various messes that they have been making and doubling down upon their various levels of dumb (corruption?  running off with the wealth from the sinking ship? etc).

Regarding the BTC price going up another $100k from here, that seems pretty likely in either this cycle or the next one.. and to me it seems more likely in this cycle rather than the next one.. but hey, I am not really the kind of guy that puts too many eggs in such exorbitant changes in such a short period of time, even though we have frequently been experiencing such exorbitant changes in bitcoin prices on a fairly regular basis in the past 10 years or so.. so any prudent person should be striving to have some preparation in such possible (probably "likely" is a better word?) exorbitant BTC price scenarios - without necessarily using high levels of leverage that may well not be necessary in order to either become richie or to become less poor (or some variation in between), even though some leverage can be complementary to any kind of investment strategy that attempts to focus on value and fundamentals and production rather than consumption value.
Its troubling times JayJuanGee as I am sure you can agree! I might be that crazy person that buys a bunker but you can bet your buck that it will happen as soon as Bitcoin reaches high enough. I will be sure to post some pictures of my luxury bunker when it does happen.

I am in for the longer run and I do not take out very often but I still check the price of Bitcoin probably like 20 times a day and that is not including what you guys say on here and the frequent posts from our beloved ChartBuddy.

I do not care when 100k happens just know that I will be ready for when it does and that bunker will be mine Wink

Around mid-day yesterday (maybe a couple of hours after your above post, Saidasun), my uncle did acknowledge that he read my earlier texts to him regarding my bet proposals, and he texted me back and said that he just does not like texting back and forth, so he would prefer to meet to discuss.  I sent him a text saying that I will meet whenever he wants.

I was working on a draft text to send my uncle.. but I just cannot bring myself to send it… I suppose that I just do not want to be pushing things (especially when he seems reluctant to respond to text messages) or seeming to be gloating about bitcoin’s to date performance as compared with gold and stock index funds – which should be obvious.. but since I drafted the text (and have not yet sent it to my uncle), I will present the draft here in this thread (and therefore it does not go totally wasted).. Also, I might reconsider and later decide to send some variation of it or to share the information with him in some other form, but I have it in a draft form, at least.

Here it is:

>>>>>>>>>>>
The evidence is just overwhelmingly convincing that BTC has outperformed both gold and the stock market (referring to index funds), and sure of course, the longer the timeline for investing the more evident it is that BTC has outperformed both of those asset classes. 

Furthermore, there is no real evidence or knowledge based convincing logic that the trend is stopping, and really the investment thesis is stronger for bitcoin today than it was in 2014 or 2016 – even though the price is 78x and 40x higher respectively.

Let’s take those two timelines as examples.  First is if you had bought $25 per week of bitcoin starting in our late 2016 conversation on the topic, which is 5 years.  Your bitcoin investment would have been $6,525, the value of your bitcoin would be about $70k (about 2.1 BTC accumulated), and the percentage of increase would have been around 10x.  In that same period, Gold and stock index funds would have only been $8,432 (up 29.23%) and $9,255 (up 41.84%) respectively.  Here’s a link to that information.

Another timeline would be if you had bought $25 per week of bitcoin starting from when I first sent you $10 worth of bitcoin in late 2014, which is 5 years.  Your bitcoin investment would have been $9,150, the value of your bitcoin would be about $325k (a bit more than 10 BTC accumulated), and the percentage of increase would have been around 34.5x.  In that same period, Gold and stock index funds would have only been $12,352 (up 35%) and $14,491 (up 58.38%) respectively. Here’s a link to that information.

Either way, investing in bitcoin has been a great investment and there is nothing saying that the party is over.  Bitcoin has and will likely continue to outperform any stock index fund or gold in the coming 4 years or more.. and probably any other hard or soft asset in your investment portfolio.<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Gloating is never a good look but he was pretty insistent himself that stocks were the better option right? I must say that meeting to discuss a bet does not sound like a friendly little wager Cheesy and sounds more like lets measure who's balls are bigger. If you do meet and discuss terms be sure to keep us up to date because if you do not gloat I will gloat on your behalf.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8007

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 10:18:30 PM

Space Cowboys ... That was a decent movie.

Yes..I liked that movie as well..thought it a good role for Daniel Craig      Think there was a couple of sequels...maybe without Craig...but I havent seen em

youre thinking of Cowboys and Aliens, different movie. both were fun.

@jjg  I thought they preferred the title of Wizards rather than Sorcerers  

Wizards.. another cool movie.

Boys I went nostalgic this eve

Space Jam with LeBron Smiley Wink
You need to watch "The last action hero" next.  It's a star-studded foray into nostalgia.  You can't go wrong with Arnol Schwarzenegger.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8007

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 10:29:46 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I am new to the wall observer thread and I thought of something that could be fun as an introduction. You guys can decide when I next sell my Bitcoin. I will be reinvesting do not worry! Give me a number at which I should sell at and I will then reinvest when the next dip comes.

What you have is the superior asset and it's going up forever, Laura.
Farmer Bill

Activity: 297
Merit: 416

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 10:41:45 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

I see on my phone that my uncle "read" my texts from yesterday (about a few hours after I sent them), but I still have not heard from him.  

I have been thinking of possible variations of the bet too.. in order that the bet might keep running, so maybe we figure out an amount that is comfortable, but we keep the bet running for something like 5 years, and at the end of each calendar year we measure to see where we are at in terms of comparing bitcoin to the DJI... ...

So maybe we start with $5 or even $50 at the end of 2021, and then each year we multiply the bet (but we continue to use the beginning of 2021 as our starting reference point for the price (percentage) to beat), which is showing our long term conviction starting from a base point (which I feel that would be my giving him a ~30% headstart, too.. and I do not have a problem with that)...

So maybe the bet doubles or triples each year, so it would look like either the 2x, 3x, 5x or perhaps some other multiple and sure the below examples show starting from $5 but maybe add a zero (which would be starting from $50) or use some other starting number ($1, $20, $100 or whatever) to customize the starting point and the multiples to individual "friendly" finances while creating a kind of magnification that emphasizes an importance in thinking about the longer term rather than getting all worked up about short-term nonsense, when in fact my uncle and I are both considering our lil selfies as long term investors, but for some reason, yesterday he seemed to have been putting so much emphasis in short-term nonsense just to make his comparative point and supposedly that his investment in stocks was "beating" bitcoin (at least from his way of framing the matter).

2x                                 3x                               5x                                       xxx
End of 2021               $5                                $5                               $5                                      $5 (or some other amount)
End of 2022               $10                              $15                              $25                                    $xxx
End of 2023               $20                              $45                              $125                                  $xxx
End of 2024               $40                              $135                            $625                                  $xxx
End of 2025               $80                              $405                            $3,125                               $xxx

The whole matter of betting or putting a bit of stake behind assertions can still be friendly.. but putting some money where your mouth is can be helpful to showing true conviction, and of course, if the bet amounts are high, there there could be some reason to make sure that any of us would save for the event that we might lose the bet.. and no one of us should be putting all our eggs in one basket, even if we may well be willing to bet in accordance with one direction or another turning out in our favor.
I do not know your uncle but I have found that when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is people do not do it. I doubt he is going to take the $5 bet and will probably shrug it off saying that would be silly. If you were to follow the structure you have outlined above you would probably bankrupt your uncle swiftly Cheesy

I am probably as bullish as you could find with Bitcoin but I agree with your point of not putting all your eggs in one basket. I have tried to invest in various different outlets and not just Bitcoin and no I am not talking about shitcoins. I'm talking about stocks and Bitcoin but Bitcoin has for a fact been the money maker if we look at the profit over the years. I have not taken my investment out of Bitcoin yet but if I did I would be up more than 500% and I definitely cannot say the same for the stocks that I have invested in.

Around mid-day yesterday (maybe a couple of hours after your above post, Saidasun), my uncle did acknowledge that he read my earlier texts to him regarding my bet proposals, and he texted me back and said that he just does not like texting back and forth, so he would prefer to meet to discuss.  I sent him a text saying that I will meet whenever he wants.

Here it is:

>>>>>>>>>>>

Let’s take those two timelines as examples.  First is if you had bought $25 per week of bitcoin starting in our late 2016 conversation on the topic, which is 5 years.  Your bitcoin investment would have been $6,525, the value of your bitcoin would be about $70k (about 2.1 BTC accumulated), and the percentage of increase would have been around 10x.  In that same period, Gold and stock index funds would have only been $8,432 (up 29.23%) and $9,255 (up 41.84%) respectively.  Here’s a link to that information.

Another timeline would be if you had bought $25 per week of bitcoin starting from when I first sent you $10 worth of bitcoin in late 2014, which is 5 years.  Your bitcoin investment would have been $9,150, the value of your bitcoin would be about $325k (a bit more than 10 BTC accumulated), and the percentage of increase would have been around 34.5x.  In that same period, Gold and stock index funds would have only been $12,352 (up 35%) and $14,491 (up 58.38%) respectively. Here’s a link to that information.

Either way, investing in bitcoin has been a great investment and there is nothing saying that the party is over.  Bitcoin has and will likely continue to outperform any stock index fund or gold in the coming 4 years or more.. and probably any other hard or soft asset in your investment portfolio.<<<<<<<<<<<<<,

Send it as is. As your uncle is already invested in the stock market and owns gold he will appreciate the effort you have put in to provide factual evidence in the case for Bitcoin. As an investor and not just someone who parks their savings in the bank he will also be used to measuring risk reward.
It is difficult when your family are involved, there was someone posted a few months back quite near the ATH that he was pleased he'd got his parents to buy some BTC. It could easily cause a falling out if they panic sold and lost 50% of their purchase price.
All generations in my family are coiners, encouraged by initial gifts to them of paper wallets containing 0.5 BTC about $150 at the time.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 10:55:54 PM

Space Cowboys ... That was a decent movie.

Yes..I liked that movie as well..thought it a good role for Daniel Craig      Think there was a couple of sequels...maybe without Craig...but I havent seen em

@jjg  I thought they preferred the title of Wizards rather than Sorcerers  

+1 WOsMerit

You are correct...totally conflated those films   

Wizards...didnt that release with Heavy Metal?  If I am thinking of the right film anyway...animated right?   One of the best trips of my life...a midnight showing at the Del Ray...epic
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 10:57:05 PM

If you say the BTC price is going down while its going up, then you are likely to correct sooner or later.. and if you say it in a kind of meek and ambiguous way, you are also likely to be right..

I suppose time will tell if we are in a bear cycle.. and really I don't buy your current desire to make a 3.5 year cycle claim.. seems to be convenient at this particular moment.

I didn't say it when it was going up. I said it when we had fallen from mid-sixties to somewhere around the low 40s. And I said I hoped it wasn't the case. We have since slid another 10k in dribs-and-drabs.

But if you like rivers in Egypt, I'm not going to try to dissuade you.

As to the 3.5 years, *shrug*. Seems ever halving is followed by a rally and every halving is (a little over) 3.5 years. All just a coincidence I'm sure. You may not buy it but the honeybadger really doesn't care.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 11:01:27 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 11:41:04 PM

Gosh.. you are starting to sound like somac.., Saidasun,  and sure there could be some nuclear bomb ramifications of our ongoing craziness.. because resetting of various financial and governmental systems do not tend to be completely peaceful - even if bitcoin might allow for some mechanisms for even countries to transition out of the various messes that they have been making and doubling down upon their various levels of dumb (corruption?  running off with the wealth from the sinking ship? etc).

Regarding the BTC price going up another $100k from here, that seems pretty likely in either this cycle or the next one.. and to me it seems more likely in this cycle rather than the next one.. but hey, I am not really the kind of guy that puts too many eggs in such exorbitant changes in such a short period of time, even though we have frequently been experiencing such exorbitant changes in bitcoin prices on a fairly regular basis in the past 10 years or so.. so any prudent person should be striving to have some preparation in such possible (probably "likely" is a better word?) exorbitant BTC price scenarios - without necessarily using high levels of leverage that may well not be necessary in order to either become richie or to become less poor (or some variation in between), even though some leverage can be complementary to any kind of investment strategy that attempts to focus on value and fundamentals and production rather than consumption value.
Its troubling times JayJuanGee as I am sure you can agree! I might be that crazy person that buys a bunker but you can bet your buck that it will happen as soon as Bitcoin reaches high enough. I will be sure to post some pictures of my luxury bunker when it does happen.

I am in for the longer run and I do not take out very often but I still check the price of Bitcoin probably like 20 times a day and that is not including what you guys say on here and the frequent posts from our beloved ChartBuddy.

I do not care when 100k happens just know that I will be ready for when it does and that bunker will be mine Wink

Of course, there is a bit of a difference (around 30%) of getting to $100k or going up $100k from here, and I don't proclaim to be any kind of prophet.... that's for sure.

Getting up to $100k might have a few struggles, and surely, there has to be a bit of a reversal of our current price dynamics, so just getting above $46k might be a feat.. and then getting above our current ATH of $64,895 - and sure in theory there should be another resistance point before going above $100k... I could see scenarios of getting above $100k that cause doubling or tripling from there to NOT really be a thing, so in that regard, $130k-ish would likely be a passing point (perhaps another no man's land area)...

So, surely the speed of up or even if there is more DOWN from here could affect price dynamics for this cycle, including how long it might take to get above certain price points.. so one scenario would be that the top is already in, at $64,895, and then some alternate theories of not being able to break above $200k-ish, and then some middle-to-bullish theories of  supra $200k to $600k and then the most of bullish theories of $600k to $1.5 million and I would not expect any reasonable possibility of higher than $1.5 million for this cycle.

So sure, there is this cycle, another cycle or even looking a couple cycles down the road, and sure if we have timelines that are 8-10 years from here, then supra $1.5 million to supra $10 million seems within reach.. even if we still are better off looking at how one leg of the UP goes before presuming too much about subsequent UPs, and even realistically, it is not a good practice to really be counting on the most bullish of scenarios to still be able to profit stupendously from bitcoin and its upside potential, even if there ends up being some flop-like aspects that end up playing out.

Around mid-day yesterday (maybe a couple of hours after your above post, Saidasun), my uncle did acknowledge that he read my earlier texts to him regarding my bet proposals, and he texted me back and said that he just does not like texting back and forth, so he would prefer to meet to discuss.  I sent him a text saying that I will meet whenever he wants.

Here it is:

>>>>>>>>>>>

Let’s take those two timelines as examples.  First is if you had bought $25 per week of bitcoin starting in our late 2016 conversation on the topic, which is 5 years.  Your bitcoin investment would have been $6,525, the value of your bitcoin would be about $70k (about 2.1 BTC accumulated), and the percentage of increase would have been around 10x.  In that same period, Gold and stock index funds would have only been $8,432 (up 29.23%) and $9,255 (up 41.84%) respectively.  Here’s a link to that information.

Another timeline would be if you had bought $25 per week of bitcoin starting from when I first sent you $10 worth of bitcoin in late 2014, which is 5 years.  Your bitcoin investment would have been $9,150, the value of your bitcoin would be about $325k (a bit more than 10 BTC accumulated), and the percentage of increase would have been around 34.5x.  In that same period, Gold and stock index funds would have only been $12,352 (up 35%) and $14,491 (up 58.38%) respectively. Here’s a link to that information.

Either way, investing in bitcoin has been a great investment and there is nothing saying that the party is over.  Bitcoin has and will likely continue to outperform any stock index fund or gold in the coming 4 years or more.. and probably any other hard or soft asset in your investment portfolio.<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Gloating is never a good look but he was pretty insistent himself that stocks were the better option right? I must say that meeting to discuss a bet does not sound like a friendly little wager Cheesy and sounds more like lets measure who's balls are bigger. If you do meet and discuss terms be sure to keep us up to date because if you do not gloat I will gloat on your behalf.

Even though I may have caused some senses of competition, I frequently tell my Uncle that I am trying to help him out and he has the right to do whatever he likes, so I have my doubts regarding whether he considers me as hostile to him.. even though I can sometimes speak a wee bit frankly.  I get the sense that he says that "we should meet," but he never really gets around to following through with me, even though our paths end up crossing fairly regularly. 

Regarding our Sunday brunch, I was told to go to his house on Friday to pick something up, and then when I was at his house, he kept offering a beer, but I said that I did not have time for the beer because I had another thing scheduled.  So, he said that there were several of them going for brunch on Sunday, and he had seen me at those kinds of periodic brunches in the past, but usually I would get a text to confirm, and he told me that the were going to be there for sure and that I should just show up.. so he was kind of insistent that I show up.. so I did.. So, what I am saying is that things come up when we meet, and every once in a while he will talk about bitcoin with me, but whenever he says that we should meet sometime, he never really follows through even though I frequently say that we can meet whenever he wants.. so maybe this time is different, I don't know.. but I anticipate that he's reluctant to meet about the bitcoin topic, specifically.  We will see.. we will see.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3521

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 11:47:33 PM
Merited by Toxic2040 (1)

@jjg  I thought they preferred the title of Wizards rather than Sorcerers 

You are correct...totally conflated those films   

Wizards...didnt that release with Heavy Metal?  If I am thinking of the right film anyway...animated right?   One of the best trips of my life...a midnight showing at the Del Ray...epic

yup Wizards was animated in a very distinct animation style (rotoscope? not sure)

i think Wizards and Heavy Metal were released within a few years of each other. it was when i was in my tripping phase so i saw both while wasted at some point.. fun times. left a lot of brain cells in the late 70s/early 80s heh.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 11:49:16 PM

If you say the BTC price is going down while its going up, then you are likely to correct sooner or later.. and if you say it in a kind of meek and ambiguous way, you are also likely to be right..

I suppose time will tell if we are in a bear cycle.. and really I don't buy your current desire to make a 3.5 year cycle claim.. seems to be convenient at this particular moment.

I didn't say it when it was going up. I said it when we had fallen from mid-sixties to somewhere around the low 40s. And I said I hoped it wasn't the case. We have since slid another 10k in dribs-and-drabs.

But if you like rivers in Egypt, I'm not going to try to dissuade you.

Maybe some expression about rivers in Egypt?  perhaps something to do with longness?

As to the 3.5 years, *shrug*. Seems ever halving is followed by a rally and every halving is (a little over) 3.5 years. All just a coincidence I'm sure. You may not buy it but the honeybadger really doesn't care.

No problem with you having your own lil more insightful than anyone else theories.  It's a free country,** right?

**  By the way, I am referring to bat country.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 12:01:35 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 01:01:27 AM

Explanation
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 01:27:16 AM

I'm somehow sure the price is going to flop soon and then rebound but I'm scared AF to move any of my coins to a stablecoin 'till it happens. So FML, I'm just gonna sit and watch the opportunity passing casually by me. I just imagine I'd sell at this point and wait for the flop while in the backend something huge is being prepped up similar to the El Salvador news, if not better. I know the FUD is insanely huge right now and this is precisely why I'm afraid to move anything, lol. Because hell, the price trend could literally swap from extreme FUD to extreme FOMO in a minute and I ain't gonna miss this one.

Do you guys feel different? My gut feeling usually doesn't get me wrong but my actions always do, lol.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 01:28:09 AM

Maybe some expression about rivers in Egypt?  perhaps something to do with longness?

Just a little friendly ribbing
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 02:01:26 AM

Explanation
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4896

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 02:01:28 AM

yup Wizards was animated in a very distinct animation style (rotoscope? not sure)

i think Wizards and Heavy Metal were released within a few years of each other. it was when i was in my tripping phase so i saw both while wasted at some point.. fun times. left a lot of brain cells in the late 70s/early 80s heh.

Watching Heavy Metal in the theater on Mesc with my GF is one of my best memories. Smiley

Wizards.1977.1080p.BluRay.x264-CiNEFiLE.mkv
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 02:03:48 AM

CME Very possible to Hit earth in 2022-24... Helpo while its possible ? I need 3 BTC Cheesy

Exactly.. you "need 3 BTC"  like a 3 year old "needs 3 BTC"...

Your begging is unbecoming.. and sure, another red trust might just cause me to look like I am out to get you, no?  ..

I can hardly believe that this dweeb, eXPHorizon, considered it wise to send me a PM, and even more directly asking for 3 BTC.  He must be in a fantasy world, and hopefully no other member is dumb enough to respond to him by giving him any quantity of BTC - even as small as 3 satoshis.. so either reporting him and/or red-tagging him would be my recommendation.

I did both report his direct solicitation and also gave him another red tag - funny his account has not yet been suspended or banned from the forum based on its lacking in valuable contribution and in fact attempting to leach off of forum members through begging and also almost always lacking in any kind of meaningful contributions.

By the way, when I received the direct message from dweeb twat eXPHorizon, I thought that maybe he was going to apologize for his begging for BTC on the forum and attempt to make amends for his previous begging posts.. but instead, he doubled down on his begging, which is a violation of forum rules.. remember that if any of you get a direct message from such dweeb, aka eXPHorizon.
Pages: « 1 ... 28987 28988 28989 28990 28991 28992 28993 28994 28995 28996 28997 28998 28999 29000 29001 29002 29003 29004 29005 29006 29007 29008 29009 29010 29011 29012 29013 29014 29015 29016 29017 29018 29019 29020 29021 29022 29023 29024 29025 29026 29027 29028 29029 29030 29031 29032 29033 29034 29035 29036 [29037] 29038 29039 29040 29041 29042 29043 29044 29045 29046 29047 29048 29049 29050 29051 29052 29053 29054 29055 29056 29057 29058 29059 29060 29061 29062 29063 29064 29065 29066 29067 29068 29069 29070 29071 29072 29073 29074 29075 29076 29077 29078 29079 29080 29081 29082 29083 29084 29085 29086 29087 ... 33328 »
  Print  

Jump to: