June 20, 2024, 09:46:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 [5293] 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 ... 33463 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26403601 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:01:12 AM

an yet we revisit 610......

If this range is not broken to the upside in 8 hours.... im shoting again
deadfi$h

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:01:55 AM

wtf is going on, haha

looks like someone sold while he wanted to buy, then rebought Cheesy

Looked like dozens of smallish market orders... out of control bot maybe?

Either that or someone who went through a lot of effort to get a ~$10 discount.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:02:34 AM

Explanation
GaliX

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 02:03:10 AM

Bazinga
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:05:03 AM

wtf is going on, haha

+1
The whales are the stupidest among us...
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 02:11:24 AM

Whether I am conflating or NOT, I am trying to use the current world as a starting point, rather than projecting some pie in the sky vision that is built upon a house of cards of conjectures about some speculative vision about "how things could be, if....".     One thing you seem to be arguing the same points over and over, including voluntary nature of participation in society - but using different creative terms to say the same thing about your not wanting to be a subject of rules unless you completely agree with them on some ultimately unattainable level of specific consent.

Interestingly enough, the phrase "pie in the sky" originated from a slave preacher who was paid by plantation owners to tell his fellow slaves that if they were good little slaves, they would get pie in the sky when they died. Slavery abolitionists were no less radical in their day than anarcho-capitalists are now. Slavery had been part of every civilization for thousands of years until it wasn't any more. Which one of us is really more guilty of pie in the sky thinking?

Yes, you are making such brilliant points that average individuals do NOT understand the profound nature of your abstractions.  Also, maybe you are failing to understand that it may NOT even matter whether or NOT you are correct b/c part of the resolution to be a part of a community is to compromise and to go along with the wishes of the community rather than imposing some superior vision upon the community.. even if you were to be correct. Personally, I am NOT as attached to outcomes, so long as the public is getting what it wants, and ultimately will likely result in the entering into various compromises that will NOT be satisfactory to every single individual.  Sometimes, that means that we cannot have our cake and eat it too.

INDIVIDUAL consent is the only consent that means anything. If we voted to kill all the Jews or some other minority and take their stuff, it would not be legitimate merely because the decision was popular. It's no more legitimate if that minority is the rich, provided they came by their wealth honestly.

Yes, if you are trying to privatize all or a majority of public goods, then it becomes very likely that you are going to fail to allow for the public good  to serve the public.  

I don't know about that. If I'm on a road trip, I'd rather take a crap at a truck stop than a rest area. They're cleaner, just as free, and I'm less likely to get assaulted.

I argue that you are trying to oversimplify the various levels of government and the various public goods and services that governments need to provide.  Your supposed hypothetical system is NOT going to end up covering various needs and goods b/c it will result in a bunch of freeloaders, like you seem to be, who do NOT want to pay, unless they agree with what they are paying.

LOL. Because freeloading is not a problem now, is it? I'm not oversimplifying. I'm just starting with the simple, because you can't even seem to get that right.

when we are talking about community values, none of us will get to completely call the shots b/c we have to be able to work together to figure out what is best for the community and hopefully, figure out which representatives are going to best serve in the public interest (rather than their personal / private interests).  

Um, there is only one of us that is even trying to call the shots and it isn't me. I am arguing that we can't know what is best for the community and so we should err on the side of freedom rather than control. Because I do understand society is complex, I know that the unintended consequences of mandates and bans can often be worse than the problems they were put in place to address.

You seem to come up with these perversions through a sense of maniacal focus about yourself.  IN the end the social contract is one of consent, even though you keep saying that you feel forced.  The community is NOT imposed on you, but a state of mind about whether you belong to the community comes from you, not from other imposing their will upon you.  I realize that may be too abstract for you to comprehend b/c you keep coming back to the same monotonous assertion that you are being forced.  Poor thing.   Cry    Maybe the solution is that you have to figure how to live with yourself, and several of you libertarian wanna-be s have been citing Alan Watts... which is fine and dandy.. b/c there is a certain amount of self empowerment that is projected through his teachings.

The social contract? You're joking, right? When did I agree to this contract? Is this an "opt in" contract or an "opt out" contract? What are the other parties obligations, and what are the consequences if they don't meet those obligations? Did I authorize someone else to negotiate this contract on my behalf?
http://jim.com/treason.htm

Sure there are mixed views about the various goals of government, and freedom is one of those goals... that is weighed by the community.

It doesn't matter if you think my government is legitimate. The government itself claims legitimacy stems from securing pre-existing natural rights. "That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"~ D of I, 1776

but wait, There's more!:

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

The community is a group of individuals. If the government's legitimacy stems from the consent of the governed, then to the extent individuals do not consent, it is illegitimate. You claim to care about the poor and needy. I suggest before we debate the relative merits of stealing FOR them, perhaps we should agree to stop stealing FROM them. We are members of communities and societies, and that does carry obligations, among them, the obligation not to steal from our fellow community and society members.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:13:00 AM

wtf is going on, haha

+1
The whales are the stupidest among us...

A little excitement on the tail of an LTC boom. 

ATM:  I wouldn't know whether to predict up or down... but I am buying at $590 and selling at $999 (well maybe I wont sell b/c .... I'm too afraid to sell).
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:36:24 AM

Who are these crazy people buying in with this empty orderbook with no bid support now, and on tradingview the macd is down.

i guess you're short? Tongue

and only fools, i suppose... or we're the fools. time will tell.

i think the problem was that the bid side depth was too shallow, so sellers were waiting for a better deal with less slippage to unload. hope you didn't already buy back in TERA Tongue
surfer43

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:47:16 AM

INDIVIDUAL consent is the only consent that means anything. If we voted to kill all the Jews or some other minority and take their stuff, it would not be legitimate merely because the decision was popular. It's no more legitimate if that minority is the rich, provided they came by their wealth honestly.
hmm we don't want mob rule so... we will think of a better solution!

Agenda:
1. have people elect politicians and give all sovereignty to them.
2. have elected politicians hold elections according to how they like.
3. make voting power disproportional according to how elected politicians want.
4. have elected politicians control everything.

Perfect, we have our republic! We will call it representative democracy, or for short (however incorrect) democracy.

Now see, this is the only good way because the other way might have a possibility of infringing on minority rights.  Shocked We could become like Germany and kill off all of the Jews if we had mob rule. Note: The Nazi party came into power under a representative democracy, and then banned opponents (minority) with their power. They then killed all Jews (minority) they could. This however will be ignored for the sake of argument. See if a small group of elites controls everything, and public will is blurred, then clearly it would be impossible for minority rights to be infringed upon.

It's no more legitimate if that minority is the rich, provided they came by their wealth honestly.
read: minority of minority
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:49:02 AM

Slavery had been part of every civilization for thousands of years until it wasn't any more. Which one of us is really more guilty of pie in the sky thinking?

Thanks for asking.  You are!   Grin   Cheesy

I am talking about normal democracy an ordinary plain vanila decision making.. No need for extreme examples.. to try to make some Unpoint

Yes, if you are trying to privatize all or a majority of public goods, then it becomes very likely that you are going to fail to allow for the public good  to serve the public.  

I don't know about that. If I'm on a road trip, I'd rather take a crap at a truck stop than a rest area. They're cleaner, just as free, and I'm less likely to get assaulted.

I don't see a problem having various public facilities..... such as rest stops and parks.. even if they are NOT used very much or just a nature or open space reserve... regarding cleanliness, I am sure that will vary.

LOL. Because freeloading is not a problem now, is it? I'm not oversimplifying. I'm just starting with the simple, because you can't even seem to get that right.

Freeloading only becomes a problem when you make contribution voluntary.. however, there can be potential ways to deal with the freeloading problem without having to resort to begging guys like you to contribute.

Um, there is only one of us that is even trying to call the shots and it isn't me. I am arguing that we can't know what is best for the community and so we should err on the side of freedom rather than control. Because I do understand society is complex, I know that the unintended consequences of mandates and bans can often be worse than the problems they were put in place to address.

I am glad that you recognize society is complex.  I have already addressed your other points over and over..

The social contract? You're joking, right? When did I agree to this contract? Is this an "opt in" contract or an "opt out" contract? What are the other parties obligations, and what are the consequences if they don't meet those obligations? Did I authorize someone else to negotiate this contract on my behalf?
http://jim.com/treason.htm

I'm NOT joking, and I do NOT claim to be any expert... but I believe it works something like this.. you are in automatically, unless and until you opt out.  You are born into whatever society and community that you partake and you, hopefully, take on some of the societal values along the way.. unless you come out perverted from watching too much Fox news... and getting perverted ideas into your head about how you are being coerced.. and you need your freedom bullshit.  There is freedom within the social contract, from my understanding.  The obligations and responsibilities vary, and someone else negotiates for you until you grow up enough to understand... which I by now, you should already understand.  The consequences could be pretty grave including exile or death if you break certain social rules.  I should NOT have to explain these kinds of social contract principles to you.  If you want to change the social contract, then I suppose you can campaign.. which you seem to be attempting through this thread, but I am NOT the one to persuade... b/c I do NOT completely understand your situation but certainly it seems to me that you have adaptation issues.... b/c you seem unwilling or unable to accept and understand certain basic social contract principles...

Maybe you need to go to re-education so you can get in touch with the norms of your community?  Or practice some zen, so you are NOT getting so worked up about it.  there is only so much that you can change in any given society in any one setting, so acceptance should also be built into your psych... at least to some degree.

The community is a group of individuals. If the government's legitimacy stems from the consent of the governed, then to the extent individuals do not consent, it is illegitimate. You claim to care about the poor and needy. I suggest before we debate the relative merits of stealing FOR them, perhaps we should agree to stop stealing FROM them. We are members of communities and societies, and that does carry obligations, among them, the obligation no to steal from our fellow community and society members.

I don't disagree with this idea that there has been a redistribution of wealth from the poor to the rich... so I agree that taking money from the poor is a problem.  If the rich paid more of their fair share of taxes, then likely the poor would NOT need to be taxed  so much.. if at all....   there is some marit to the argument, though that everyone should contribute; however a problem that we have is that the burden has been distributed too regressively, and we need higher levels of taxation to the rich.. like the upper 1% of so should NOT be getting tax subsidies ..... well.... I have already covered this several times.,  it seems.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:53:38 AM

hmm we don't want mob rule so... we will think of a better solution!

Agenda:
1. have people elect politicians and give all sovereignty to them.
2. have elected politicians hold elections according to how they like.
3. make voting power disproportional according to how elected politicians want.
4. have elected politicians control everything.

Perfect, we have our republic! We will call it representative democracy, or for short (however incorrect) democracy.

Now see, this is the only good way because the other way might have a possibility of infringing on minority rights.  Shocked We could become like Germany and kill off all of the Jews if we had mob rule. Note: The Nazi party came into power under a representative democracy, and then banned opponents (minority) with their power. They then killed all Jews (minority) they could. This however will be ignored for the sake of argument. See if a small group of elites controls everything, and public will is blurred, then clearly it would be impossible for minority rights to be infringed upon.

It's no more legitimate if that minority is the rich, provided they came by their wealth honestly.
read: minority of minority

Finally the reference to hitler we have been awaiting... in this series of side trackings...    Grin
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 02:53:39 AM

The solution to deciding who gets to hold the gun is to get rid of the gun. Concentrated power is a problem, no matter who wields it. The solution is to decentralize and distribute. It works for Bitcoin. It can work for governance.
surfer43

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:54:10 AM

Here's a thought: public facilities could exist without government. 

Quote from: you
Is this even possible Huh Shocked
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:06:15 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 03:34:29 AM by JayJuanGee

The solution to deciding who gets to hold the gun is to get rid of the gun. Concentrated power is a problem, no matter who wields it.

Yes... MAYBE we are beginning to get this point that you keep repeating over and over and over... yes... we know that this is what you say that you  believe.. so what is the point of continuing to repeat it over and over and over?

Do you believe that if you continue to repeat this narrow point as if it were some widely held maxim that shall not be violated, then people will really start to believe such a point?  Probably you don't even believe it, when push comes to shove.....

Personally, as I have likely stated several times, I do NOT disagree with the principle of voluntariness and striving towards such, but we do NOT just arrive at such a voluntariness out of the blue without transitioning from power dynamics that exist in the world...   B/c I recognize that power dynamics exist does NOT mean that I want to perpetuate them in their current form(s).

The solution is to decentralize and distribute. It works for Bitcoin. It can work for governance.

The world is NOT so simple as to apply the same principle throughout... in one blanket swoop.  I admit that Bitcoin can assist in solving lots of world problems - even likely in the directions that you are suggesting.. but NOT every single societal problem is gonna magically be resolved in one fell swoop.... at least NOT in the short term./.. NONETHELESS we may have some agreement that striving towards consensus and distributive networks is a good thing, and I will leave open the long-term possibilities that may be achievable through  reforms that may become  possible through bitcoin.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 03:30:21 AM

I'm NOT joking, and I do NOT claim to be any expert... but I believe it works something like this.. you are in automatically, unless and until you opt out.  You are born into whatever society and community that you partake and you, hopefully, take on some of the societal values along the way.. unless you come out perverted from watching too much Fox news... and getting perverted ideas into your head about how you are being coerced.. and you need your freedom bullshit.  There is freedom within the social contract, from my understanding.  The obligations and responsibilities vary, and someone else negotiates for you until you grow up enough to understand... which I by now, you should already understand.  The consequences could be pretty grave including exile or death if you break certain social rules.  I should NOT have to explain these kinds of social contract principles to you.  If you want to change the social contract, then I suppose you can campaign.. which you seem to be attempting through this thread, but I am NOT the one to persuade... b/c I do NOT completely understand your situation but certainly it seems to me that you have adaptation issues.... b/c you seem unwilling or unable to accept and understand certain basic social contract principles...

Maybe you need to go to re-education so you can get in touch with the norms of your community?  Or practice some zen, so you are NOT getting so worked up about it.  there is only so much that you can change in any given society in any one setting, so acceptance should also be built into your psych... at least to some degree.

This is not how contracts work. You can't negotiate a contract on behalf of someone who isn't born yet and make it be binding on them. Moreover, most everyone who does consent to the U.S. Constitution was indoctrinated in government schools for twelve years or more. Contracts are not valid when one party is pressured, brainwashed, coerced or lied to.  And contracts are null and void when one party breaches them.  The U.S. Government has violated the constitution so many times that it doesn't even pretend to follow for example the enumerated powers provision of the Tenth Amendment. Not only that, but the government claims to be the sole interpreter and enforcer of the very document that is supposed to limit it's power.

This is not how contracts work. This is how the mafia works.
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:46:40 AM

The solution to deciding who gets to hold the gun is to get rid of the gun. Concentrated power is a problem, no matter who wields it. The solution is to decentralize and distribute. It works for Bitcoin. It can work for governance.

+1

this is a demonstrable truth. imagine if there were a single button that, when pushed, launched all of the nukes in the US simultaneously. the amount of security required to render the existence of such a device safe in any respect would be extraordinary. this is why concentrated power is dangerous, not because the controllers of such power are necessarily "evil", but because the risk of actors with divergent interests gaining control of such power is too great. this is the magic of bitcoin and any other decentralized system -- it remains safe as long as honest actors hold majority over dishonest actors. there is no hub to seize and corrupt. with no king to assassinate, a greater peace and stability is achievable.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:47:59 AM

I'm NOT joking, and I do NOT claim to be any expert... but I believe it works something like this.. you are in automatically, unless and until you opt out.  You are born into whatever society and community that you partake and you, hopefully, take on some of the societal values along the way.. unless you come out perverted from watching too much Fox news... and getting perverted ideas into your head about how you are being coerced.. and you need your freedom bullshit.  There is freedom within the social contract, from my understanding.  The obligations and responsibilities vary, and someone else negotiates for you until you grow up enough to understand... which I by now, you should already understand.  The consequences could be pretty grave including exile or death if you break certain social rules.  I should NOT have to explain these kinds of social contract principles to you.  If you want to change the social contract, then I suppose you can campaign.. which you seem to be attempting through this thread, but I am NOT the one to persuade... b/c I do NOT completely understand your situation but certainly it seems to me that you have adaptation issues.... b/c you seem unwilling or unable to accept and understand certain basic social contract principles...

Maybe you need to go to re-education so you can get in touch with the norms of your community?  Or practice some zen, so you are NOT getting so worked up about it.  there is only so much that you can change in any given society in any one setting, so acceptance should also be built into your psych... at least to some degree.

This is not how contracts work. You can't negotiate a contract on behalf of someone who isn't born yet and make it be binding on them. Moreover, most everyone who does consent to the U.S. Constitution was indoctrinated in government schools for twelve years or more. Contracts are not valid when one party is pressured, brainwashed, coerced or lied to.  And contracts are null and void when one party breaches them.  The U.S. Government has violated the constitution so many times that it doesn't even pretend to follow for example the enumerated powers provision of the Tenth Amendment. Not only that, but the government claims to be the sole interpreter and enforcer of the very document that is supposed to limit it's power.

This is not how contracts work. This is how the mafia works.

You cant stop the temptation of copntinuing to open up new quagmires. 

Since when am I embracing the various specific policies of the US government...?  Surely there are policies to defend and Surely there are grievances and governmental missteps.  And sometimes, the government is NOT acting within the will of the people.. in various regards.. and sometimes there is a balancing of powers between local and national governments, including the 10th amendment, as you suggested. 

I question why you want to continue to go into discussing all of these areas... and describe multiple abuses of the government.. Yes, I agre, there are lots of government abuses.... o.k..  ... so what does that mean, exactly?

Let's talk about bitcoin.

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 03:50:35 AM

Maybe you need to go to re-education so you can get in touch with the norms of your community? 

Are you seriously suggesting sending me to a re-education camp? Are you paying attention to what you are typing?

The norms of my community are 1) don't hurt people 2)don't mess with their stuff and 3) keep your promises. These are the norms of your community too. Eliminating the exceptions to these norms would go a long way towards unifying the community and resolving social problems.

PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:15:31 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 04:45:00 AM by PoolMinor

resistance weakening, support building, choo choo's coming boys!

adsdas

Activity: 337

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:17:19 AM

Here we go LTC!
Pages: « 1 ... 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 [5293] 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 ... 33463 »
  Print  

Jump to: