April 23, 2024, 07:10:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29581 29582 29583 29584 29585 29586 29587 29588 29589 29590 29591 29592 29593 29594 29595 29596 29597 29598 29599 29600 29601 29602 29603 29604 29605 29606 29607 29608 29609 29610 29611 29612 29613 29614 29615 29616 29617 29618 29619 29620 29621 29622 29623 29624 29625 29626 29627 29628 29629 29630 [29631] 29632 29633 29634 29635 29636 29637 29638 29639 29640 29641 29642 29643 29644 29645 29646 29647 29648 29649 29650 29651 29652 29653 29654 29655 29656 29657 29658 29659 29660 29661 29662 29663 29664 29665 29666 29667 29668 29669 29670 29671 29672 29673 29674 29675 29676 29677 29678 29679 29680 29681 ... 33296 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26366835 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 02:01:25 AM

Explanation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3482

born once atheist

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 02:28:33 AM

But no one gets them on there merit count.

I wasn't sure how that worked. Now I know. Thanx dude.
I corrected my error in the post.  My bad.
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2046
Merit: 1181

Never selling

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 02:29:18 AM

Sunday Dump!!!!!
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 03:01:33 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10143

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 03:46:31 AM

[...]

Focus you dweeb.. focus.  Do you know how?  

Do you know the topic that this thread is attempting to discuss and address? It's not about some kinds of ways to weigh the varying cryptos against bitcoin because that just leads us into a slippery-slope of nonsense talk.. about weighing which shit coin is less shitty than other shitcoins and other distractions.  There are other threads in this forum in which you can address various shitcoin topics.

[...]

Yeah, but who said I won't dump all my normal-traditional limited supply coins for some bullsh!t ERC20 toxin sometimes.... (Those are hardly advertise material, cuz many won't know how to buy them.... anyway... back to "my concept" )..... The idea I keep banging on is that lets say if you were amish, and lived in some restrained village community, and you had your own crypto, you and your folks wouldn't want to trade with the outsiders that wanted to sell u things from China. Kk?? Smiley .... Because they would influence and manipulate your currency with devalued sh!t or content. For the moment Banks / institutions are now CHina in the story and they devalue the amish good products made with hard labor and made to last. Have you ever tasted plum spread made by the amish in a copper pot without added sugar and on a heated wood burning stove? Tongue

That's kinda my point that I'm trying you delusional folk to convince. Cheesy Cheesy  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes ...... Don't get carried away in your own delusion and not now... but after 4-5 years, you should move on to another system. Tongue
I'm just planting an idea seed for now, cuz I might not care in 4-5 years to tell any of you sh!t... Tongue

In 2013, when I got into bitcoin, I had considered it to potentially have a 2-year plus investment thesis (timeline), and maybe longer, but I was also considering that if I changed my mind within 1 year, then I would just play the long-term capital gains tax and attempt to stay into bitcoin for a minimum of 1 year... Of course, even if I set a one to two year minimum investment timeline for myself I was not bound to such limitations (especially if I learned better information along the way, then I could cut the investment short).

These days I do believe that any bitcoin newbie can get into bitcoin with a minimum 4-10 year time horizon, so in that regard the bitcoin investment thesis remains stronger than what it had been in 2013... In other words, snap-the-fuck out of your short term wiffley waffley thinking Save the RF... Bitcoin remains a long term investment, and surely you can play around with short-term investing or flip flop between a variety of nonsense investments, such as shitcoin or even various other investment assets (categories), but still seems prudent to have some portion of bitcoin in your investment portfolio.- maybe even aggressively so.. without any need to worry about getting in and getting out.. just proportion reasonably and perhaps ongoingly, and sure at some point you might decide to stop injecting new capital into it...  

Historically, bitcoin has outperformed various other assets that normies might have in their investment portfolios, so sometimes that outperformance can create dilemmas about whether to let the winner (bitcoin in this case) ride or to reallocate.  I personally set up a situation for myself in which I do not reallocate, but instead let the winner ride and continuing to ride because there seems to be no worse reason  to stay invested into bitcoin and really with the passage of time bitcoin's investment thesis seems to be getting stronger and stronger, which is the opposite as what you seem to be suggesting Save the RF.. you dweeb.

By the way, the ongoingly growing network effects of bitcoin getting bigger and BIGGER seems to strengthen rather than weaken its investment case, so in that regard instead of revisiting and deciding to get out of bitcoin (as you seem to be suggesting Save the RF), there is a lot of justification to revisit and decide to either increase your investment into bitcoin, maintain your investment in BTC or to get into BTC if you are not already in.. again. the opposite as what you seem to be suggesting Save the RF.. you dweeb.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 04:01:25 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 04:03:25 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2021, 04:25:13 AM by JayJuanGee
Merited by Poker Player (1)

It is kind of strange that we are staying quite high in the bitcoin history of price locations.. largely staying in the top 20 since about 10/15 with the exception of 10/27.... and hardly any fanfare..

Of course, these remain exciting times. .while many of us do have senses that higher numbers are going to push the top of the chart.. hopefully?  Hopefully.. the rest of the year.. maybe into next year would be nice, too... .

It is likely going to take a while to push all the pre-mid April 2021 numbers (or would we say dates) towards the bottom of the chart and off of the chart.. which hopefully does happen in this cycle..... first, second or third quarter of 2022.. though there are quite a few pundits who consider that the end of this cycle will come this calendar year, which could make it more difficult to push some of the earlier 2021 numbers/dates off of the top 100 chart.

My gut tells me it is the last play for big mining/asic builders.

They keep it like this due to chip shortages.  This will pass soon but I am thinking 2022 Sept-Nov. will be the end of the super cycle.

But what do I know.  Not much.

Still stacking AND HOPING YOU are more correct then I am.

@Phillip:  I believe that it is better for me to respond in this thread rather than in the "Top 20 (100) days" thread.

You are quite the bear.  Of course, I also hope that I am more correct than you.  

First of all, you are predicting the end of the supercycle based on a kind of bearish scenario about a kind of death of mining incentives.

Second, you are presuming that mining plays a way large factor in bitcoin price performance than it actually does..

Third, you are probably continuing to underinvest in bitcoin because of your bearish (or lack of bullishness) thesis - which is an error that you admit that you have made in your already 9 years in bitcoin (ongoing failure/refusal to adequately prepare for UP and admitting that you errored in your previous failure/refusal to prepare for UP and continuing to commit the same error... hard to feel sorry for you when you continue to make the same mistake.. even though I do feel a bit bad for how much work you have done related to bitcoin but have continued to fail/refuse to get richie).

So much for the S2F model and its prophet, PlanB. I prefer the proven and confirmed math and science model myself, and that points down.

King daddy doesn't no give no shits for what you prefer.... sorry for your loss.   Cry Cry Cry
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3843

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 04:15:34 AM

a pretty shitty weekly close...completely manipulated in the last 5 min.
alas, screw them all....
in a long run, wgaf.
nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2021, 04:19:35 AM

Kicks just keep gettin' harder to find
And all your kicks ain't bringin' you peace of mind
Before you find out it's too late, girl
You better get straight.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 04:25:22 AM

[mostly edited out..................

I understand as well that mistakes have likely been made along the way, but just consider if you had mildly aggressive DCA strategy of something like $50 per week for the whole of your forum membership, you would have close to 19 BTC at this time, with an investment cost of less than $20k,

.........mostly edited out

Yeah.. And I’m getting tired of telling you over and over that I don’t really buy Bitcoin..
I’ve bought a tiny bit of Bitcoin and basically use that for play money, which likely turns into send it to the stash money/coin..

It’s a hell of a lot easier to have “fuck you” money when your 60 than when your 40..
You only need like 25 years worth of “fuck you” money if your 60, if you are 40 then you need 45 years worth of “fuck you” money..

Another 10X for Bitcoin and I am at fuck you money even well under 40, so if you think I can’t reach that in 2 more halving then you must be quite bearish..

Your DCA is a good strategy for newbs, but I have been doing things my way for years, and it has worked, and I’m not about to change now..

Yeah I’ve thrown a few thousand $ into BTC dips here and there, but I’m probably just going to spend that on dumb shit like dogeparty and Vegas street girls..
It means almost nothing..

You watch these stupid doge NFTs (that I have basically nothing substantial into) make me another small fortune to add to the stash, lmao..

Maybe you could call me a “shitcoiner”..
Heaven forbid some of us suck some market cap out of some shitcoins and stick it back into BTC..

With BTC dominance the way it is, y’all should LOVE Bitcoin hoarding shitcoin traders out there trying to pull that capital back into Bitcoin..

You think EVERYONE loses trading?
Just because you and your buddies haven’t succeeded at it doesn’t mean that nobody else can..
Maybe invest Atleast a few more hundred hours into watching crypto markets move and you might start picking up on the patterns too..
Or not..

We should all be happy for each others success no matter by which methods we have achieved it..

I would not have considered investing into BTC at $50 per week to have been particularly burdensome.. or even a hinderance to supplementary following some other strategies too.. but whatever, you can do whatever "innovative" and personally tailored (stubborn - refusing to learn) investing techniques that you like. 

I stand by my response, which was not just about you, but also directed in a public way for others who may be considering prudent and potentially sound and profitable BTC investment strategies without necessarily getting lured into nonsense.. such as gambling with shitcoins.. or feel some kind of need to propagate that kind of nonsense in this thread.

BTW..
To me, the fact that we are chilling this close to the ATH for this long is a very good sign that it won’t be the ATH for too much longer..

Long lasting ATHs usually dump off pretty fast..

Y’all ever seen a rounded top ATH in Bitcoin? Neh..
If it doesn’t blow off, it’s probably not a very solid ATH..

Good luck with your negative Nancy-isms and your seeming failure/refusal to pee pare ur lil selfie for UP... and yes, several of us have been to these kinds of price performance places in which bitcoin HODLers sell too soon and/or fail to buy enough to prepare for up.. been there done that.. and maybe you are right.... this time.. maybe, maybe...  and maybe not....

I am thinking that you are not too likely to be correct, but hey what do I know?, I don't need another 8-10 years to get to fuck you status.. so I probably am not as enlightened as someone who has a pretty long time frame before getting to fuck you status and who likes to dabble in shitcoins (do we call that distracted thinking?), like uie pooie... hahahahahaha #nohomo.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3843

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 04:37:10 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2021, 04:49:00 AM by Biodom

If someone accumulated a wad of fiat cash, their 'f-k you status' might not last long, me thinks.
If most or significant % of your f-y funds are in bitcoin, then you would have a better chance, but reasonable people might disagree on these points.

I am relying on my significant other for spending of the already available cash (mostly in the form of the money flow) as I can't do any significant non-house related projects before I decide to stop working.
One idea would be to significantly increase my mining outlays upon retirement, but i would need to find or finance cheaper power first.
For some reason solar setups are still very expensive in price by kwh at residences around here.
Both NE (New Hampshire, maybe) and Pacific NW (Wash state) look attractive post retirement as far as mining is concerned.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 05:01:24 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 05:44:25 AM

Too many bearish posts here today, that should be a massive green candle, soon.

I doubt it.

As I’ve stressed recently, the top is in & it was a very mediocre one in all honesty, only just over 3 x the previous cycles high. I predict $60,000 will fail to hold in the next days & then a new bear market will be confirmed.

I say this as a friend to all, dump your bags & buy back at $10,000 in early 2023. The top is in, nobody wants to buy bitcoin at this price. Retail investors drive bull markets & all they want to buy is dog meme coins. Turn the lights off & leave the office guys. This party is over for a few years.

$60,000 a distant memory by this time next week & the start of a long, cold crypto winter.

Sell everything.

spoken like a true wannabe a-hole and or POS

but like a-holes we all have them and we are entitled to write posts in that manner.

70k by Nov 5 once USA election results are in and the left gets hurt then BTC will have a bigly rally.

"There will also be at least four special elections for the U.S. House that not only could affect Democrats’ narrow eight-seat majority but also give us an early clue as to the political environment in 2022."

quote is from here :

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/all-the-elections-to-watch-in-2021/

if all four seats go to the right the house is pretty much deadlocked and biden agenda will be halted.

Apart from your political observations, it seems a wee bit constraining to be putting king daddy on such a tight timeline, and I doubt that king daddy appreciates such performance expectations.. even if you have good intentions.

Here's a fun exercise...
 (this post probably belongs on the meta board, but whatever)
Take anyone's total earned merits (excluding airdropped and merit source airdropped) and divide by their total posts (not activity), and you get one's average merit per post.
Interesting metric. It seems to parallel a typical batting average in baseball major leagues. (I only checked a few well known legends, so don't quote me on that)
Mine is .259... pretty average... lol

If you are over .3 ....respect  
above .4.... lemme know. I'd like to read your posts.

If we already had more than 12k posts (not sure about my exact number of posts on January 24, 2018) before the merit system started does that make any difference?  Also, since I am a merit source, I probably receive way more merits than I deserve, too  (those were not airdropped.. as dude had already mentioned that clarification point.. but surely merit sources do receive some merits based on their higher abilities to give out merits)...   There are not really great ways to attempt to calculate deservedness (even using some kinds of reframing of aspects of the merit system. which does have some in-built unfairnesses too).. even though per post is not really a bad idea. .I suppose... Per word would be an even more weird kind of calculation and drag down upon some of us who lack in sparsity - even further... than we likely deserve...  Cry Cry Cry Cry

Has to be France with that sign I'd guess and south as it looks far too nice for this time of year.

Is it not reasonable to look back the last ten years now and conclude I probably never should never be at 0% allocation to BTC.   I dont agree with 100% or even close to it but the obvious point even if it went to 10k on a doomsday sell off you'd still have a point to be bullish in that harsh low remains higher then the prior low.   By your own scenario on a macro view in extremis view its still going to be bullish in this basic take, is it really reasonable to sell off everything and speculate, hoping you are correct in your idea.
    Just weighing that up for a second, chewing over the last ten years is 0% really your conclusion as a good idea.    In contrast if you sell BTC you buy Dollar, they are different things maybe that helps you but unless you want the dollars which are by design increasingly easy to get hold of why store them up.   Pay all bills, etc.  be bearish in your stance but I dont see a point in being so positive Dollar when you know they intend to devalue it every year for this decade and the next as its practically a promise they've given to not honor a store of value.   Multiple central banks warn their citizens do not store plain cash as a value store, I dont advise 0% dollars either as it threatens liquidity but still dont lean on them for anything more.

You are talking nonsense with your 0%  / 100% frameworks..

Sure of course, you are making a kind of obvious point, but people have to get to percentages that seem reasonable for them and their situation (both financially and psychologically), and then work from there with the passage of time. Of course, if you make determinations to make initial allocations of 1% into bitcoin, and then your various other investments make up the rest of your investment portfolio, with the passage of time, your thoughts about bitcoin as compared with your other investments could change and also, bitcoin could end up growing to 2% to 5% of your holdings... so finances and psychology can change too..

For example, in my situation, I started out with an allocation authorization of 10%, and since I reached that allocation in late 2014 and the bitcoin price was in a bearish state for the whole of 2015, I ended up allocating to about 13.5%, but the subsequent bullish performance of bitcoin in 2016 and 2017 and then the bearish results in 2018 ended up bringing my BTC allocation up to around 85%-ish by the peak of 2017 but then back down to 45%-ish in the lower points of 2018... So each person has to figure out how to deal with those kinds of allocations and if reallocating actually makes sense for them, if so when to do it, how much and how.. it is not really helpful to be saying that we should not be considering 0% and 100%.. because that is almost a no brainer.. and there are likely a lot of prudent ways to consider the matter, but surely they depend upon personal situations and personal objectives.. and even in the end, no matter what the choice, there could end up being Monday morning quarterbacking to recognize and appreciate that some ways of doing it will perform better than others depending on market conditions and at the same time, there has to be some willingness to just ride out decisions without shifting around too much either.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 05:50:13 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), AlcoHoDL (1)

Clear trend, >$100k soon.

https://twitter.com/w_s_bitcoin/status/1454624273008513028
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 06:01:32 AM

Explanation
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4133

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 06:06:25 AM

Take anyone's total earned merits (excluding airdropped and merit source airdropped) and divide by their total posts (not activity), and you get one's average merit per post.

I did mine:

(1903 - 100) / 2206 = 0.817

Larger than what I expected, but what do I know?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 07:01:24 AM

Explanation
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 07:15:56 AM
Merited by somac. (1)

Loving the choice of words...

Like it or not, Bitcoin is becoming mainstream.

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11985

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 07:16:18 AM

Moving a bit brothers
aysg76
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 07:20:40 AM
Merited by fillippone (1)

I wasn't luck with timing ,and you caught me offline.

Nice find anyway. It was a difficult one.

Just because it's me:here a Picture of the exact place, btw:

You was little bit late this time so he grab this one fast but i assume he visited that place and was able to locate it from the visual memory but on the other side you the  magician location finder provides the exact location with images with all your magic tricks that you have now expertise in  Grin and how the hell you could provide the 360 degrees view of that location with images? You are too fast in that ones and i think for you black images should be given to guess the location to make it harder Grin.
Pages: « 1 ... 29581 29582 29583 29584 29585 29586 29587 29588 29589 29590 29591 29592 29593 29594 29595 29596 29597 29598 29599 29600 29601 29602 29603 29604 29605 29606 29607 29608 29609 29610 29611 29612 29613 29614 29615 29616 29617 29618 29619 29620 29621 29622 29623 29624 29625 29626 29627 29628 29629 29630 [29631] 29632 29633 29634 29635 29636 29637 29638 29639 29640 29641 29642 29643 29644 29645 29646 29647 29648 29649 29650 29651 29652 29653 29654 29655 29656 29657 29658 29659 29660 29661 29662 29663 29664 29665 29666 29667 29668 29669 29670 29671 29672 29673 29674 29675 29676 29677 29678 29679 29680 29681 ... 33296 »
  Print  

Jump to: