April 26, 2024, 05:58:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29645 29646 29647 29648 29649 29650 29651 29652 29653 29654 29655 29656 29657 29658 29659 29660 29661 29662 29663 29664 29665 29666 29667 29668 29669 29670 29671 29672 29673 29674 29675 29676 29677 29678 29679 29680 29681 29682 29683 29684 29685 29686 29687 29688 29689 29690 29691 29692 29693 29694 [29695] 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 29702 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 29719 29720 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 29729 29730 29731 29732 29733 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 29741 29742 29743 29744 29745 ... 33303 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368256 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2486

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 01:25:41 AM

Fiatshitcoin still plummeting

Absolutely ridiculous.

I'm DCA-ing further into BTC.

There is no way this money printing is ever going to stop.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 01:26:56 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

To all that disagree look into  sunken  pirate ships and the treasure involved when found some very interesting laws are involved as to who gets to keep what is found.

There are no laws that can pull the ships from the deep to the surface, though.
I thought that's what we were talking about.
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 01:29:29 AM

Otherwise not sure why I keep seeing occasional panic in the market.

Some covert institutional whale selling some bitcoin to pay for Evergrande fiat fuckups?

Imo, it's simply Bitcoin's dominance struggling to move higher. Not something I've ever said before or considered relevant, but now it appears highly correlated. For the past 2 months or so Bitcoin's rise in value has correlated with a rise (reclamation) in it's domination. The corrections and sideways price actions has resulted in BTC dominance decreasing. Unlike in early 2021, BTC dominance decreasing is no longer bullish for Bitcoin, it has inherently become bearish. Bitcoin needs to break out of it's dominance's long-term downtrend, this is the only bearish factor I see in it's charts right now. Whether considered relevant or not.

Back above 45% and dominance can move to 50%, even 60%. This would likely mean a move to $80-100K if the dominance correlation to price remains relevant. As I said, BTC dominance has never been an "issue" before, because it's decline was correlated with an increase in price (> specualtion). Now the inverse is true, the decline is dominance is no longer bullish for Bitcoin.

I still don't believe it's time to panic, but I do see the hidden resistance in the charts at the moment given new ATH twice broken: the downtrend in BTC dominance.

d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 01:30:17 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), OutOfMemory (1)

The only thing that leaves me confused is that BTC is legal tender in El Salvador, and the blueprint of the law defines selling as "changing into a legal tender".
So maybe BTC is an exception to the rule and "taxically" untouchable?

... or maybe the lawmaker could argue when you buy bitcoin or swap some shitcoin for bitcoin, you're also "cashing out" the (crypto)currency into a legal tender - so you owe CGT.

You never know what byzantine concepts the lawmakers are going to come up with.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2021, 01:35:21 AM

To all that disagree look into  sunken  pirate ships and the treasure involved when found some very interesting laws are involved as to who gets to keep what is found.

There are no laws that can pull the ships from the deep to the surface, though.
I thought that's what we were talking about.

An interesting way of talking about it.  

Basically the assets are:

1) lost
 2) abandoned
 3) hidden and or hodled

In the case of both the ships or the BTC

My argument is rules are in place to encourage and or discourage treasure hunting all over the world.  They are complex rules and they are not always followed but there are rules.

To think that in 2059 there will not be a cry for rules to recover those

lost
abandoned
hodled

btc

Is  pretty naive.

But what do  i know not much.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 01:44:34 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), Arriemoller (1)

To think that in 2059 there will not be a cry for rules to recover those

lost
abandoned
hodled

btc

Is  pretty naive.

But what do  i know not much.

Coins only move when the private key holder says so. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 01:59:18 AM

The only thing that leaves me confused is that BTC is legal tender in El Salvador, and the blueprint of the law defines selling as "changing into a legal tender".

... or maybe the lawmaker could argue when you buy bitcoin or swap some shitcoin for bitcoin, you're also "cashing out" the (crypto)currency into a legal tender - so you owe CGT.

Lawmaker could easily argue you owe them BTC tax, if you make BTC profits from alts. The only reason in other countries that BTC based profits are not taxed is because they don't accept Bitcoin as currency. In summary, you can't send them profits that they don't or can't accept. El Salvador have taken a different role it seems, they accept your Bitcoin profits from altcoins I image, and will probably expect it as well.

This is probably one of the only downsides of a nation accepting Bitcoin as currency, having to send them BTC from altcoin profits... it also sounds like a small price to pay in the long-term.

However does this mean you don't owe tax from fiat currency profits, if you return it to the nation's currency? It's confusing  Undecided
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 02:01:25 AM

Explanation
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 02:16:04 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (3)

Lawmaker could easily argue you owe them BTC tax, if you make BTC profits from alts. The only reason in other countries that BTC based profits are not taxed is because they don't accept Bitcoin as currency. In summary, you can't send them profits that they don't or can't accept. El Salvador have taken a different role it seems, they accept your Bitcoin profits from altcoins I image, and will probably expect it as well.

This is probably one of the only downsides of a nation accepting Bitcoin as currency, having to send them BTC from altcoin profits... it also sounds like a small price to pay in the long-term.

However does this mean you don't owe tax from fiat currency profits, if you return it to the nation's currency? It's confusing  Undecided

It sounds to me like you have a preoccupation with shitcoins. Your previous voluminous post about falling bitcoin dominance being likely to prevent further BTC v fiat gains; a chart to try to show some similar point; and now trying to argue that a downside of El Salvador's pioneering move to accept bitcoin as legal tender is that you might have to pay tax on profits from shitcoins.

Do you have some heavy bags of shitcoins, by any chance?
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1274
Merit: 704

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 02:36:54 AM

https://twitter.com/RadioSilentplay/status/1459683988029775880
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 03:01:32 AM

Explanation
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 03:11:14 AM

I don't do twitter, did he say he'd eat his own dick as well? Cheesy
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 03:11:51 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2021, 03:25:29 AM by dragonvslinux

It sounds to me like you have a preoccupation with shitcoins. Your previous voluminous post about falling bitcoin dominance being likely to prevent further BTC v fiat gains; a chart to try to show some similar point; and now trying to argue that a downside of El Salvador's pioneering move to accept bitcoin as legal tender is that you might have to pay tax on profits from shitcoins.

As I said, I was theorising that shitcoin profits might have to be paid in Bitcoin - and that it's a small price to pay. You realise this would make it less of an incentive to invest in shitcoins right?

Otherwise the recent corrections in Bitcoin dominance has decreased fiat values, this is fact not opinion. The chart really doesn't show that, but for those who are more in tune with BTC's price movements in relation to it's dominance, have probably noticed the correlation by now, as it's the inverse of the previous altcoin season, DYOR. I understand that facts can be hard to hear or read, but it still doesn't make it an opinion I'm afraid.  

If you are paying attention, quite obvious not. They were relatively heavy overall in order to make more BTC, now they are relaitvely light after making considerable profits. They were previously heavy with satoshi profits I can't deny, but not anymore. The profits were taken back to Bitcoin, and have been consistently doing so for the past 3 months whether right or wrong (for the purposes of risk reduction).

Since 40% dominance, I've taken the majority of my shitcoin profits from a 10-15% trading account. Previously my total holdings were 65% Ethereum (for statistical reasons, not fundamental) in order to return 80% profit on Bitcoin from 0.04. Bingo. I've otherwise happily put X amount of BTC into shitcoins, returned X.2 amount profits and still hold X.1 amount, excluding the big move in Ethereum that earned me insane amount of sats due to the heavy weight  Cool So obviously no complaints so far, apart from maximalists obviously 😭 I play the cycles, 60% dominance down to 40% specifically, and now I see 40% moving back to 50%-60%. Before waiting for the next move for more sats, likely down to 30%. I play statistics, not emotions I'm afraid. To put it simply: some of us live off trading, even if others aren't capable of it or interested in doing so.

So yes I've lived off shitcoins this year, those that have outperformed BTC and have no regrets. I'm acknowledging it might an issue in the broader sense however, one I don't advocate either, as it's just a way to earn a living. I get that some people here have to earn a fiat living to survive, and I get that it must suck to have to live off earning a government issued currency from your employer or from customers, but others here earn a satoshi living instead. It's controversial I get that, but please put your jealously, envy or resentment aside for a second and understand my original point...

This isn't intended as an attack on Bitcoin, but a realisation that altcoin dominance has become problematic to gaining older investors. This is simply what I believe. First the altcoin profits as well as liquidity need to move back to Bitcoin, as part of a Bitcoin season. This is what will give confidence to newcomers as to which is the most relevant cryptocurrency to invest in.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 03:32:31 AM

This isn't intended as an attack on Bitcoin, but a realisation that altcoin dominance has become problematic to gaining older investors. This is simply what I believe. First the altcoin profits as well as liquidity need to move back to Bitcoin, as part of a Bitcoin season. This is what will give confidence to newcomers as to which is the most relevant cryptocurrency to invest in.

Fuck them relics, if they still don't get it after all these years we don't have the time to explain it to them!
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 03:38:32 AM

Fuck them relics, if they still don't get it after all these years we don't have the time to explain it to them!

Personally, I'll always make an effort for a 10% take on profits (never initial investment, that's just dumb). So many "relics" are desperate for information and advise, and how to gain BTC exposure, because they have absolutely no idea how to. Obviously Bitcoin will continue without them regardless, but personally I prefer to take the time to help these people, in order to help myself at the same time  Wink

So far, I have 100% satisfaction rate from customers, mainly Millennials and Gen Z. But they are well saturated now, and know how to use the Internet. Boomers are the next target audience...
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 04:01:23 AM

Explanation
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 04:29:30 AM

Personally, I'll always make an effort for a 10% take on profits (never initial investment, that's just dumb). So many "relics" are desperate for information and advise, and how to gain BTC exposure, because they have absolutely no idea how to. Obviously Bitcoin will continue without them regardless, but personally I prefer to take the time to help these people, in order to help myself at the same time  Wink

So far, I have 100% satisfaction rate from customers, mainly Millennials and Gen Z. But they are well saturated now, and know how to use the Internet. Boomers are the next target audience...

Have fun with that, I got tired of them years ago.
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 04:38:38 AM
Merited by OROBTC (1)

Taproot activates in the next couple blocks!

Get ready for green dildos... and stuff.

EDIT: Also, 100 channels even, on my LN router. I'm done. No more.

(...for now?)
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 04:44:07 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2), HI-TEC99 (1)

As I said, I was theorising that shitcoin profits might have to be paid in Bitcoin - and that it's a small price to pay. You realise this would make it less of an incentive to invest in shitcoins right?

Otherwise the recent corrections in Bitcoin dominance has decreased fiat values, this is fact not opinion. The chart really doesn't show that, but for those who are more in tune with BTC's price movements in relation to it's dominance, have probably noticed the correlation by now, as it's the inverse of the previous altcoin season, DYOR. I understand that facts can be hard to hear or read, but it still doesn't make it an opinion I'm afraid.  

more shitcoin talk

image loading...
heslo

Activity: 1160
Merit: 943

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 04:45:26 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2021, 04:57:06 AM by heslo
Merited by jojo69 (1)

Taproot activates in the next couple blocks!

Get ready for green dildos... and stuff.

EDIT: Also, 100 channels even, on my LN router. I'm done. No more.

(...for now?)

Pages: « 1 ... 29645 29646 29647 29648 29649 29650 29651 29652 29653 29654 29655 29656 29657 29658 29659 29660 29661 29662 29663 29664 29665 29666 29667 29668 29669 29670 29671 29672 29673 29674 29675 29676 29677 29678 29679 29680 29681 29682 29683 29684 29685 29686 29687 29688 29689 29690 29691 29692 29693 29694 [29695] 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 29702 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 29719 29720 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 29729 29730 29731 29732 29733 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 29741 29742 29743 29744 29745 ... 33303 »
  Print  

Jump to: