April 26, 2024, 05:49:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29652 29653 29654 29655 29656 29657 29658 29659 29660 29661 29662 29663 29664 29665 29666 29667 29668 29669 29670 29671 29672 29673 29674 29675 29676 29677 29678 29679 29680 29681 29682 29683 29684 29685 29686 29687 29688 29689 29690 29691 29692 29693 29694 29695 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 [29702] 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 29719 29720 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 29729 29730 29731 29732 29733 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 29741 29742 29743 29744 29745 29746 29747 29748 29749 29750 29751 29752 ... 33303 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368255 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 03:58:12 PM

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 04:01:25 PM

Explanation
AlexPCS
Copper Member

Activity: 153
Merit: 16

Anonymous debit cards - no KYC

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2021, 04:30:27 PM
Merited by d_eddie (1)

Not sure if this has been discussed before. Could anyone tech savvy comment on this? Any potential implications for ECDSA encryption algorithm  here?

https://www.zdnet.com/article/ibm-launches-127-qubit-eagle-quantum-processor-previews-ibm-quantum-system-two/
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 04:48:47 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

Just received a reality check on the sentiment of Bitcoin from a old-school-boomer & no-coiner this evening. A retired investor involved in the old money world of tax, and very curious on cryptocurrencies and their upside potential.

It seems that your introductory paragraph does kind of show the overall crux of my various quibbles - and in that regard, an seemingly central aspect of my quibble is to go to people who have been experts in their field regarding traditional investments and to seemingly give them too much credence regarding a topic like bitcoin, a topic that they likely have not spent a lot of time to understand - and perhaps they even end up making the mistake of trying to compare bitcoin too much to their other areas of knowledge in regards to assets.  So, yeah in 2013 they may have spent 1- 5 hours studying bitcoin, and in 2017 they may have spent an additional 10-50 hours studying bitcoin, and maybe in 2021 they get into the 100 to 300 hours of studying bitcoin and they per start to perceive their lil selfies as experts or quasi-experts because they are experts in other related fields.

To clarify, this was someone with 0 knowledge, hence their desire to learn how an asset like Bitcoin could increase so dramatically over the years.

However. Despite my conversation being focused around Bitcoin as an investment, and only Bitcoin, they still had their mind focused on the overall value of cryptocurrencies, rather than simply Bitcoin. More interested in "what cryptocurrencies to invest in" rather than "how much to invest in Bitcoin" as it were. Despite another boomer referencing the potential of Ethereum, the analogy I used was that a blockchain platform is like Windows, even if it's the most valuable one. There may be good upgrades, there may be others that go wrong, and when it comes to value transactions, going wrong is a serious problem. Ie it's not an immutable ledger like Bitcoin.

Of course, a lot of people try to approach topics from a kind of open-minded approach which can really fuck them up in the bitcoin space - when probably the better approach is to study bitcoin first before getting distracted by the various pieces of shit out there..  Yes, like you seem to have been saying, there are innovations on the various other shit projects, but there seems to be some kind of need to really get toxic in regards to the topic by saying something like: "focus the fuck on bitcoin first before getting distracted by various other bells and whistles"  Once you understand bitcoin, then that will put those other projects (various levels of shit and imitations and snake oil and scams) into perspective/

I think my point was merely how when Bitcoin is discussed in the media, it's nearly always lumped together with other Top 10 altcoins, hence the point below that I make. It means for anyone wanting to know more, they will often feel the need to investigate a handful or other coins as well, which ultimately for a newcomer would be overwhelming as well as very confusing and therefore offputting. Some will first try and understand Bitcoin before anything else, but not as many as in the past I think. 2017 was very different, everything else was more or less brand new, so discussed much less I feel, while Bitcoin was already 8 years old. Now some other coins have been around for 5+ years, while Bitcoin 10+, the difference between how new these other innovations are compared to BTC is much less, excluding obviously some out-liars which are new to this cycle.

All in all, Bitcoin being a minority of the cryptocurrency market became an obvious issue to this conversation, because it is only a piece of the speculation pie right now as opposed to the main chunk. Being the no.1 cryptocurrency appears almost irrelevant at this point and it felt unnoticed. It's recognised more so as the first cryptographic form of money, but not the most reliable nor the most valuable it seems. This again was a reminder of why I "feel" Bitcoin needs to reclaim 50% of market dominance in order to reach 6 figures, even if temporarily, just to show how it can lead in this market rather than continue to fall behind.

You seem to be confused as others in regards to such a bullshit point.  You really believe bitcoin dominance matters in terms of the value of bitcoin and in terms of value going to continue to flow into bitcoin?

Yes and no really, it's subjective. When Bitcoin is the majority of the market, it set's the pace for other altcoins and leads the way. When altcoins are the majority of the market, I'd argue it's possible they become the leaders and BTC is instead following suit. Controversial I know, but at what point does Bitcoin become less self-determined due to not being the main influence in the cryptocurency market? Ultimately I don't believe Bitcoin's pace in the market is solely determined by itself, because it's part of a broader market, even it's price is self-determined. Something you no doubt completely disagree with, but there we go.

It's less about BTC dominance influencing Bitcoin's price, but more about what is leading the way in this digital market. It also depends on volumes and where liquidity is coming from. While I haven't checked recently, if the minority of volume is coming from fiat or stablecoins, but instead altcoins (which has in the past been the case), then yes value flowing into Bitcoin becomes more dependant on altcoins. For example at the moment there isn't a need for more fiat-based liquidity to come into the market, if BTC dominance rose from 40% to 60% (+50%), then it'd be more than possible to see price do the same.

This isn't intended as an attack on Bitcoin, but a realisation that altcoin dominance has become problematic to gaining older investors.

They should figure it out sooner or later.. maybe after some rug pulls.. maybe after they get into scamming others?  who knows?  The widespread levels of distraction should not be our problems.. at least not on a personal level.. just because other peeps are distracted does not mean that we should be buying into that or giving credence to it as if it were some kind of solid investment thesis to be investing into pump and dumps, various kinds of snake oil and ponzi schemes.. even if a lot of money can be made by going in that direction.

Well yes you would hope so, and most newcomers do learn eventually I think. But there are always more newcomers, and so far for the past 4 years Bitcoin has continued to lose it's dominance while consequently altcoins gain dominance. If this continues as it has for multiple years now, then by default Bitcoin's importance in comparison to all other altcoins becomes less significant, statistically speaking at least, even if obviously not fundamentally and continues to gain importance when compared to the likes of fiat currencies or Gold for example. While institutions would ignore this, hedge funds, retail investors and traders will acknowledge it I think, as they do already when gaining exposure to cryptocurrency.

This is simply what I believe. First the altcoin profits as well as liquidity need to move back to Bitcoin, as part of a Bitcoin season.

Oh gawd.. you do sound distracted.  Are you not toknormal or some other shitcoiner talking about the breathing of cycles.. blah blah blah.  bitcoin needs to have a marketing department to get the word out there, right?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No need for a marketing department, but I do believe in the "ebbs and flows" of the market. There are tides and there are currents to put it simply. The tide is the longer term trend, it's obviously stronger than the currents within, while one of the currents is the liquidity shifting in and out of altcoins for example, another current would be it's main trading pair(s) - USD(T) - and the inflation occurring behind the scenes. A lot of liquidity has moved from BTC to alts this year, which is a trend in itself, hence I'd expect this liquidity to eventually shift back to Bitcoin. Bare in mind there is more liquidity in the rest of the market combined than in Bitcoin at the moment. There are also a lot more altcoin fiat pairs these days, many more than in 2017/2018 era, so there is now fiat going directly into altcoins rather than via Bitcoin as well.

This, as a trader, I've really noticed this year with ETH that previously the majority of it's volume (and therefore price directions) came from BTC, and therefore it's fiat value would follow suit, but now there is more from fiat volume which has become more relevant to determine price movements, and therefore it's BTC price appears to be following suit. The pairs that have the most volume are usually the values that determine up or down, it used to more or less exclusively be it's BTC, but times have changes. The relevance is these altcoins with higher liquidity are becoming detached price-wise from Bitcoin, so is less likely the liquidity flows to BTC if that's not where it came from, but instead directly back to fiat. The point I'm trying to make is that these currents are changing and evolving, becoming more independent from BTC.

To clarify though, by "Bitcoin season" I don't mean Bitcoin going up in price. It's meant Bitcoin re-gaining it's market dominance, whether price goes up or not (it's irrelevant to this concept).

I'm not against some market weighted diversification strategy of (for example) 80% Bitcoin and 20% Ethereum, but clearly it comes at a price. Because while boomers are happy to invest 20% in ETH, Gen Z are more inclined to invest 50% in Ethereum and 50% in the latest speculative technology that may or may not succeed, without even considering Bitcoin, it can come across as "too old for them" or "too expensive". It's as if Bitcoin is for the boomers, and the Millennials and younger want something more speculative, more risky. As if Bitcoin isn't speculative enough. This is confirmed by the fact that altcoins are the majority of the cryptocurrency market, not Bitcoin anymore. Not since 2017/2018 altseason. This is just my experience, but it is what I see right now. Soon enough, things will need to change in order to move forward.

This is a bunch of blah blah blah nonsense.. there is not really any need to diversify within this industry - especially into penny stocks, ponzi schemes and scams.. bitcoin is already identified as the industry leader.

I think you'll find this point fits well with what I said before, that I'm not against newcomers diversifying 10-20% into altcoins in order to get rekt and learn their lesson. In fact, I think it's healthy.

By the way, it does not hurt to diversify into property, equities, cash and perhaps some other areas.. and surely if you are a young investor and you are starting out ONLY investing into bitcoin, then you might start your first cycle or two just investing into bitcoin (and cash perhaps) before diversifying out once your investment and value is built to some greater degree.. perhaps more than $10k in value or $50k in value.. sometimes there is not as big of a deal to diversify if you are just getting started and you have not built too much value, yet..

You say this, but the market suggests otherwise. While not all are new investors, looks like the majority are, and they are diversifying if we analyse how the market is weighted. The old saying of "never put all your eggs in the same basket" isn't considered to being holding BTC as well as cash, that sounds a lot more like averaging your way in and saving back from capital for further investment.

Not forgetting that in 2017, diversifying wasn't the worst idea if you were being conservative and taking profits when prices went parabolic. The top for most altcoins came a month later than Bitcoin, so if newcomers (such as myself back then) were cashing out at different times, then there is as much if not more money to be made. It's the bear market that catches newcomers out, not the bull market.

As long as newcomers are being careful and taking profits (at least initial investment amounts), then unfortunately the success of diversifying often leads to the mistakes coming later in a bear market. Because while losing 50-75% of your altcoin value to BTC in a Bitcoin season, like I'm anticipating, it's still possible to make the same amount of money or otherwise more so. Not to mention that when initial investments come from fiat, newcomers don't feel like they've lost anything as long as the fiat value is stable, even if they can feel like they are missing out on current increases in value.

Having access to moving shares into a Bitcoin ETF is a safe and easy way to gain the exposure of Bitcoin's potential, something that other cryptocurrencies simply do not provide. This is where Bitcoin gains it's edge in the market I believe, because if you sign up to a cryptocurrency exchange you can gain exposure to all sorts, but if you invest in ETFs, you can only get Bitcoin. First mover advantage right there.
I hear what you are saying, but seems to be a BIG so fucking what.  Yeah bitcoin is the first, but it is not ONLY the first because a variety of shitcoins were later.. yeah, some of those shitcoins might get ETFs too.. or some variety of an ETF shitcoin package may well come available and help to distract retards into buying into that crap.

So, yeah.. for now, bitcoin is the ONLY ETF.. but seems almost like a big so fucking what the point that you are making... or at least the way that you are making it.

Maybe it's the way I'm making it. Even if other altcoins get ETFs, Bitcoin still doesn't lose it's first mover advantage, it will have more price history to look at and analyse, at least for the next 4-5 years until the next financial instrument and evolution comes along - probably Western counties actually holding Bitcoin like they do Gold for example, payment processors like Visa/Mastercard integration. It's for those who don't know anything about cryptocurrency (and don't need to either), for those who simply want to gain exposure to it's price movements (a bit like futures market really, but instead with less trading).

Eventually investment comes from those who want to reduce risk, or otherwise gain exposure to BTC as a reserve asset. They don't need to understand or learn anything, they just need to know it's worthwhile to hold in a portfolio. Similar to how other institutions, like pension funds, and now starting to dabble in Bitcoin with a % or two. They don't want to do this, but they know they have to in order to reduce risk. Probably that's not the best analogy, but one based on investors shifting away from the computer literate and experienced traders, towards experienced investors, or more institutions really.

The makeup of Bitcoin investors has evolved dramatically in recent years, from initially nerds to speculators to institutions. I merely consider that this will continue, from those who understand more to those who understand less. This to me seems like an inevitable progression in Bitcoin as an investment class, to the point where bank customers are holding Bitcoin (via traditional financial mechanisms) without even really knowing what it is or how it works. Most customers never had an idea how credit or debit cards actually functioned, ie the payment processing side etc, but they all adopted it regardless, because it wasn't relevant as long as it worked. Most people don't have an interest in learning either, they just want to save money in a way that works. The less they know and have to spend time learning the better for them.

We can talk to end of time of why Bitcoin is more reliable, more valuable, a better investment and form of reserve currency, as well as a reserve asset, but ultimately other cryptocurrencies will always distort the idea of investing in it, rather than incentivize it. Not to mention most won't understand fundamentally nor technologically why Bitcoin is more reliable and therefore more valuable.. Because it simply confuses the idea of Bitcoin being on a playing field with altcoins, rather than a playing field with fiat currencies. Whereas the idea of a ledger being 100% reliable and 100% immutable is unique. I hope that makes sense.
They might learn better or they might not, and some of our own roles on a personal level is to figure out how we are going to be playing our own game and diversification.. and seems dumb as fuck to me to be considering a 80% BTC 20% ETH as any kind of prudent allocation, but hey.. do what you like in terms of staying distracted, even if ETH may (or may not) have several more pump and dump smoke and mirror bullshit to pull off including that other scammers continue to build on it.  By the way, can we stop talking about that bullshit coin in this thread?  There are other threads on this forum (and even other forums) for that.

The reason I reference 20% is because this is currently Ethereum's dominance in the market, so something that newcomers may acknowledge and consider a fair allocation. As I said before, being diversified in the uptrend isn't necessarily going to get you rekt. It's thinking that also being diversified in a downtrend when Bitcoin re-gains it's market dominance is a good idea, when so far it never has been. Admittedly I think many who are grateful for diversifying in the bull market maintain this diversification strategy when accumulating in the bear market, which is where is all goes wrong, not so much during the up trend.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 05:01:25 PM

Explanation
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 05:16:17 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2021, 05:27:47 PM by dragonvslinux
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

1W canle doesnt look too pretty, we still might have another shakeout upon us.

I am shaking in my boots just thinking about it.

How low do you think we might be shakened out?  

Perhaps lower $63ks or worse mid $61ks?

This is pretty much all I see right now and where the accumulation based volume support lies, even on longer-term time-frames.
I wouldn't even consider it a fake-out either, this would just be a 4% correction from current prices back to support.

That said, as long as price continues to make higher lows and higher highs on smaller time-frame, then there's also nothing to suggest this support level will be re-tested again.

That would really suck.

Why would it suck? The longer price consolidates above support and local accumulation zone, the stronger the up move can be.
I also wouldn't consider the Weekly close as bearish, it was the highest Weekly close Bitcoin has ever had, negating the doji reversal look it had earlier in the week.
Sometimes a line graph is useful to look at to ignore the short-term noise. Price has consistently increased for the past 3 weeks now, without being overbought either.

Also just noticed that re-testing $61.5K support level would more or less confirm a bull flag with a pretty high short-term target ($87K / 1.618 fib extention), if you're into that sort of thing:

Not suggesting that this will happen (a re-test of support, nor the target within that time-frame), but if it did it'd find it a lot more bullish for the price than merely grinding further upwards.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 05:21:48 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

Never leave the house?

Stuck at home? You mean house arrest?

Isn't that a form of punishment?

Get rid of the cellphone and get some fresh air and meet some real people... face-to-face.

What's the point of being Bitcoin-retired if you can't enjoy it?

It was meant as a sarcastic joke.

I agree with you wholeheartedly and still get out quite frequently...which btw is precisely why I moved to a U.S. state that still has civil liberties/freedoms intact. Unlike Commiefornia, or Australia.

How's the lakefront property coming along Jimbo?
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2021, 05:31:46 PM

It will not go to zero.

But It could be much like aluminum which dropped  over 95% in price once mining and smelting it was done cheaply.

Not practically saying that gold investments would fall to zero as many people still prefer it but if you calculate the returns like it was at the same price 10 years ago also and it has not gained anything but given diminishing returns to the holders.

If you $1800 worth of gold is still $1800 if we take 10 years time period [which is huge] then practically it's already zero with inflation index.

People seems to enjoy their gold holdings over these years and show off with expensive jewellery and brag about them are not having vision to see bitcoin future.The rich investors are not moving towards gold and that's why we don't see major price pumps as they already know which is best

Bitcoin -  (+68000% up in 13 years)
Gold    -  continuously diminishing returns

What will you prefer? That's what big whales are doing now and other who are not aware about it will regret as bank lockers and gold is not going to double or even higher your initial investments.This is what i am explaining to all but those who will or understand it have secured future.

Well comparing it to btc is not the same as comparing it to to usd. But I get your point.

if you go back to 1975 gold was 160 usd

Now it is 1800 usd

https://www.in2013dollars.com/us/inflation/1975?amount=1
dollars from 1975 to now are  5.14 to 1

so gold clearly bested the $

as 1800/160 = 11.25 to 1

and the dollar is 5.14 to 1

BTC crushes those numbers

the first day btc was at a dollar was 2011 feb 9

https://en.bitcoinwiki.org/wiki/Bitcoin_history#Bitcoin_in_2010

so it is up 65,000 to 1 in the last 10 years and 9 months.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 06:01:33 PM

Explanation
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 9492

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 06:29:07 PM

Next couple of weeks are make or break, I think. Certainly as far as the numbers being predicted by well known analysts go, it’s getting towards crunch time.

I’m not enjoying the struggle to get close to & breach $70,000. Today is the first time in a long time I am starting to doubt we will see a $100,000 bitcoin in 2021.

NFA.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2994

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 06:35:55 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2021, 07:40:53 PM by OutOfMemory
Merited by vapourminer (1), HI-TEC99 (1)

Thie is getting way beyond popcorn level.
Interesting times.

Thanks, good to know. Question: Did you guys do the Astra Zenica vaccine there, or Sinovax, or Sputnik? Curious to see how those stack against good ole Moderna 5G tech.

The very first broadly available was AZ, which was given mostly to the elderly, high risk groups and medical staff.
After the blood clot problems with AZ were discovered, mainly Moderna and Pfizer, along with Johnson, which was kind of a substitute for AZ, because nobody wanted it anymore and first of all, young folks preferred it because it was only a single jab.
For the boosters, they only use Pfizer and Moderna, while Moderna got some bad reputations, especially when used with younger people, so it's chosen less often lately.

Q1/Q2-2022 candidates are Valneva and some other vaccine based on sterilized virus/particles.

EDIT: Updated diary here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5362774.msg58444096#msg58444096

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 07:01:25 PM

Explanation
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 07:35:09 PM

This is the situation of gold diggers seeing bitcoin slowly taking over silver now as they know soon it's their turn to flip the market towards Bitcoin.One of them is well known who is orthodox and doesn't match his modern son thinking and the name is Peter Schiff

His son is all in gold and he might be thinking now it's good and can turn his statements anytime like others and consider gold as waste of time .

When Bitcoin will take over gold it would be worth $475k

We are heading towards it and if you are on gold side congratulations you just have reverse growth on your investment and keep going until you reach zero.

It will not go to zero.

But It could be much like aluminum which dropped  over 95% in price once mining and smelting it was done cheaply.

Ironically when it is all said and done, Aluminum may also take some of Gold's luster away as a lot of the excess energy to make aluminum will now be aimed at mining Bitcoin instead.  Creating a more realistic price for Aluminum.
STT
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 1413

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2021, 07:51:25 PM

I dont think the energy market there detracts from aluminum as they are utilizing thermal excess energy and remote sources that lack infrastructure to transport the energy to places it would be used.    All commodities are doing well and likely to boom over ten years, so long as there is growth worldwide and weak currency, the supply and demand will force up prices because of costs to establish mines determine supply and pricing.
   Peter Schiff is just someone who goes by long term macro economic rules, I do think he has a blind spot to technology a bit alot but mostly its because his perspective is by the decade.  The publicity does him good regardless, plenty of people remain outside of crypto and skeptical of its long term viability so that hasnt gone away.   The funniest thing I saw recently is JPM the bank sees BTC price target as 126k quite possible and Jamie Dimon who runs the bank says BTC is worthless.
   Thats a positive because I dont want everyone on the same side of the boat all agreeing all bullish, I would have to expect a bigger sell at that point.   Pullbacks, doubt etc while we rise longer term is probably for the best and not getting 100k this year also I think is for the best.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 07:51:34 PM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (1)

I foresee a post by Arrie complaining about the price going back to $64k.

I actually find this irritating too (not Arrie's posts, but price action).

I hereby complain that the price is going back to 64xxx
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 08:01:24 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 08:42:13 PM
Merited by strawbs (1)

All in all, Bitcoin being a minority of the cryptocurrency market became an obvious issue to this conversation, because it is only a piece of the speculation pie right now as opposed to the main chunk. Being the no.1 cryptocurrency appears almost irrelevant at this point and it felt unnoticed. It's recognised more so as the first cryptographic form of money, but not the most reliable nor the most valuable it seems. This again was a reminder of why I "feel" Bitcoin needs to reclaim 50% of market dominance in order to reach 6 figures, even if temporarily, just to show how it can lead in this market rather than continue to fall behind.

You seem to be confused as others in regards to such a bullshit point.  You really believe bitcoin dominance matters in terms of the value of bitcoin and in terms of value going to continue to flow into bitcoin?

Yes and no really, it's subjective. When Bitcoin is the majority of the market, it set's the pace for other altcoins and leads the way. When altcoins are the majority of the market, I'd argue it's possible they become the leaders and BTC is instead following suit. Controversial I know, but at what point does Bitcoin become less self-determined due to not being the main influence in the cryptocurency market? Ultimately I don't believe Bitcoin's pace in the market is solely determined by itself, because it's part of a broader market, even it's price is self-determined. Something you no doubt completely disagree with, but there we go.

I don't completely disagree with you, at least in regards to perceptions that exist in the real world that gives way too much emphasis to such an important metric, and I really hate to get into any kind of attempts to substantiate my points beyond already having had made them - and further your point about the tail all of a sudden having power to wag the dog based on the growth of a misleading metric is almost ridiculous to think about, even if you have attempted to frame the matter in seemingly reasonable and logical ways.

It's less about BTC dominance influencing Bitcoin's price, but more about what is leading the way in this digital market. It also depends on volumes and where liquidity is coming from.

I am not going to dispute that a decent amount of money ends up getting into bitcoin that may well have not gotten into bitcoin (or at least not as quickly) because it came through various shitcoins or shitcoin projects first..,. that dynamic does not cause those shitcoins or projects to be leading bitcoin even if they become big contributors to bitcoin's price - or even creates additional UPpity price momentum.... It's like analysts trying to blame the 2014 "crash" in the bitcoin price on MTGOX/willybot blah blah blah.... yeah there was some contribution, but 2013 had more than a 100x price run up so the BTC price was due for a correction anyhow, so focusing on one cause or some narrow causes for BTC's 2014 price dip and its relatively long recovery in 2015/2016 remains somewhat ridiculous in terms of seemingly trying to overly simplify a variety of factors that influence bitcoin and it's price...

Similar is true when you give too fucking much credit to various shitcoins and shitcoin projects to be assert that they are leading bitcoin blah blah blah.. even if there are surely contributions in that regard, but too many people are likely to be mislead when you describe the dog in that kind of way.. leads to also attempts to analyze shitcoins and shitcoin projects.. and I continue to not only assert that to be irrelevant to this thread but also causes way too much confusion in terms of getting distracted from adequately understanding and appreciating a variety of bitcoin nuance..

Maybe I have been a wee bit overly harsh on you dragonvslinux in terms of suggesting that you do not adequately understand bitcoin, but jesus fucking christ.. I have some troubles understanding why you are wanting to argue those various confusing points in this threads which just has ongoing tendencies to devolve us into comparing which shitcoin is less shitty.. which is likely going to distract us a whole lot, in this thread, in being able to understand bitcoin better for many of us who sometimes can get lured into various false equivalencies (and I am not even proclaiming myself to be completely immuned from such luringenings).

While I haven't checked recently, if the minority of volume is coming from fiat or stablecoins, but instead altcoins (which has in the past been the case), then yes value flowing into Bitcoin becomes more dependant on altcoins. For example at the moment there isn't a need for more fiat-based liquidity to come into the market, if BTC dominance rose from 40% to 60% (+50%), then it'd be more than possible to see price do the same.

oh gawd... ..  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

even if a lot of value is coming into bitcoin through a variety of shitcoins and shitcoin projects does not cause bitcoin to be dependent on such funding sources in order to sustain itself.. even if a variety of arguments might well prove unequivocally that bitcoin would suffer some corrections or shifting down of its price curve in the event that those various channels of liquidity were to be completely (and suddenly perhaps?) be removed.

This isn't intended as an attack on Bitcoin, but a realisation that altcoin dominance has become problematic to gaining older investors.

They should figure it out sooner or later.. maybe after some rug pulls.. maybe after they get into scamming others?  who knows?  The widespread levels of distraction should not be our problems.. at least not on a personal level.. just because other peeps are distracted does not mean that we should be buying into that or giving credence to it as if it were some kind of solid investment thesis to be investing into pump and dumps, various kinds of snake oil and ponzi schemes.. even if a lot of money can be made by going in that direction.

Well yes you would hope so, and most newcomers do learn eventually I think. But there are always more newcomers, and so far for the past 4 years Bitcoin has continued to lose it's dominance while consequently altcoins gain dominance. If this continues as it has for multiple years now, then by default Bitcoin's importance in comparison to all other altcoins becomes less significant, statistically speaking at least, even if obviously not fundamentally and continues to gain importance when compared to the likes of fiat currencies or Gold for example. While institutions would ignore this, hedge funds, retail investors and traders will acknowledge it I think, as they do already when gaining exposure to cryptocurrency.

You really seem to be devolving into off-topicness here.  I already have sufficiently addressed these points.. so I see little to no reason to continue to elaborate on that bullshit framing of the analysis.. so why don't you take that discussion somewhere else... if you are so excited to engage in it.. even create a thread  since you believe it is so damned important - probably there are already threads in this forum that are related to that.. this one is not.

This is simply what I believe. First the altcoin profits as well as liquidity need to move back to Bitcoin, as part of a Bitcoin season.

Oh gawd.. you do sound distracted.  Are you not toknormal or some other shitcoiner talking about the breathing of cycles.. blah blah blah.  bitcoin needs to have a marketing department to get the word out there, right?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No need for a marketing department, but I do believe in the "ebbs and flows" of the market. There are tides and there are currents to put it simply. The tide is the longer term trend, it's obviously stronger than the currents within, while one of the currents is the liquidity shifting in and out of altcoins for example, another current would be it's main trading pair(s) - USD(T) - and the inflation occurring behind the scenes. A lot of liquidity has moved from BTC to alts this year, which is a trend in itself, hence I'd expect this liquidity to eventually shift back to Bitcoin. Bare in mind there is more liquidity in the rest of the market combined than in Bitcoin at the moment. There are also a lot more altcoin fiat pairs these days, many more than in 2017/2018 era, so there is now fiat going directly into altcoins rather than via Bitcoin as well.

This, as a trader, I've really noticed this year with ETH that previously the majority of it's volume (and therefore price directions) came from BTC, and therefore it's fiat value would follow suit, but now there is more from fiat volume which has become more relevant to determine price movements, and therefore it's BTC price appears to be following suit. The pairs that have the most volume are usually the values that determine up or down, it used to more or less exclusively be it's BTC, but times have changes. The relevance is these altcoins with higher liquidity are becoming detached price-wise from Bitcoin, so is less likely the liquidity flows to BTC if that's not where it came from, but instead directly back to fiat. The point I'm trying to make is that these currents are changing and evolving, becoming more independent from BTC.

To clarify though, by "Bitcoin season" I don't mean Bitcoin going up in price. It's meant Bitcoin re-gaining it's market dominance, whether price goes up or not (it's irrelevant to this concept).

I doubt that your breathing topic/thesis becomes more relevant to this thread by your more detailed elaborating on it.. .you are not making any kind of new theory that has not been presented here numerous times even if you are wanting to update it with contemporary data..

I'm not against some market weighted diversification strategy of (for example) 80% Bitcoin and 20% Ethereum, but clearly it comes at a price. Because while boomers are happy to invest 20% in ETH, Gen Z are more inclined to invest 50% in Ethereum and 50% in the latest speculative technology that may or may not succeed, without even considering Bitcoin, it can come across as "too old for them" or "too expensive". It's as if Bitcoin is for the boomers, and the Millennials and younger want something more speculative, more risky. As if Bitcoin isn't speculative enough. This is confirmed by the fact that altcoins are the majority of the cryptocurrency market, not Bitcoin anymore. Not since 2017/2018 altseason. This is just my experience, but it is what I see right now. Soon enough, things will need to change in order to move forward.

This is a bunch of blah blah blah nonsense.. there is not really any need to diversify within this industry - especially into penny stocks, ponzi schemes and scams.. bitcoin is already identified as the industry leader.

I think you'll find this point fits well with what I said before, that I'm not against newcomers diversifying 10-20% into altcoins in order to get rekt and learn their lesson. In fact, I think it's healthy.

Fair enough...

Details of such need not be discussed here...   what are there more than 13k shitcoins and surely a variety of other projects and there are so many ways to go with how to fuck around with that 10-20% if such experiment and learning about the space is an urge that does not cause them to get more and more and more distracted and unable to limit their lil selfies to 10-20% when they hear about a project that is going to save humanity. blah blah blah.. anyhow a slippery slope that surely some people may have to work out themselves.. which is another reason that I have difficulties in even going above 10%.. and so there is a lot of value in both focusing in bitcoin (which you largely are not even doing in this response of yours) and focusing finances on bitcoin for a decent amount of time to work on building a nest egg for a while before venturing out into the so many projects that take advantage of people who fail/refuse to sufficiently understand bitcoin first (maybe you personally are there, dragonvslinux... .. I am not sure..especially given your ongoing desires to elaborate on such crappenings.. your mind seems muddled.. or maybe just that you have not found the correct thread to share your various supposed "insights").....

By the way, we likely agree that in the end, each person has to make these kinds of proportionality decisions for themselves and to find their own ability to balance the internal greed that each of us likely have and have to attempt to temper with our level of prudence - so long as greed and attempting to rush matters does not sometime overtake that.  We are all (at least us non-bots, as d_eddie has confirmed that I am a peep) have these kinds of problems to sometimes become too emotional or greedy - especially if we do not sufficiently practice controlling some of those inclinations.

By the way, it does not hurt to diversify into property, equities, cash and perhaps some other areas.. and surely if you are a young investor and you are starting out ONLY investing into bitcoin, then you might start your first cycle or two just investing into bitcoin (and cash perhaps) before diversifying out once your investment and value is built to some greater degree.. perhaps more than $10k in value or $50k in value.. sometimes there is not as big of a deal to diversify if you are just getting started and you have not built too much value, yet..

You say this, but the market suggests otherwise. While not all are new investors, looks like the majority are, and they are diversifying if we analyse how the market is weighted.

It seems to me that part of the reason that we tend to direct a lot of responses towards newbies is to attempt to make the content of the discussion more generally accessible to everyone.. whether newbie or more experienced investor.  Of course, some techniques are more advanced than others, and from my perspective you seem to be continuing to obfuscate this topic when you are suggesting that newbies should go straight into some kind of a diversification strategy.

Maybe I can bring up a hypothetical person to attempt to make my point more clear?  Of course, NOT everyone is going to fall into exactly this hypothetical person's situation, so there is going to be variations of where someone might be at.. and surely there are a lot of folks who end up not really starting to invest until they get into their 30s even if they may have made some attempts in their 20s but ended up cashing out and not really building anything and then perhaps panicking somewhat when getting into their 30s.. or they end up putting everything into property.. or finally get a job that offers a 401k.

Let's say that we have a person that is brand new to investing, and s/he has about $100 extra per week (that is $5,200 per year) that s/he can invest into bitcoin and the person expects that s/he might be able to come across an additional $4k through the year to be able to put into bitcoin... maybe $2k twice a year (approximately) based on potential extra cashflow (that is $9,200 total for the year = $5,200 + $4k).  I am presuming that this person does not invest into bitcoin until having his/her shit together, so has a timeline of at least 4 years of investing before needing to withdraw any of the money and surely 10 years or better is preferable and also has sufficiently projected cashflow, expenses, an emergency fund of sorts... so there should be close to a zero chance that there is going to be any need to touch the funds before 4 years and preferably longer such as more than 10 years..   I am going to say that for the first year or two, don't be fucking around with investing into anything beyond bitcoin.. so sure the eggs are all in one basket, but the size of the investment after the first year is only $9,200  and the size of the investment after two years is $18,400.... Somewhere between $9,200 and perhaps more than $18,400 the person can start to consider diversifying and all that kind of mumbo jumbo.. and also the person will have had 1 year to 2 years to study his/her investment and additional matters related to how his/her so far investment plan is working out in terms of personal circumstances and to figure out if what is being done feels like a decently good fit or if some tweaks might need to be accomplished based on changes in personal circumstances or various learnings along the way.

In other words, fuck the concept of diversifying for the mere sake of diversifying.. especially when you start to talk about diversifying into shitcoins or shit projects... that may or may not pump.  I am talking about a kind of long term attempt to build wealth (and a nest egg) rather than either gambling or trying to become overly knowledgeable regarding one scam coin being less of a scam than others.  Once getting into $10k or perhaps supra $20k.. maybe at that point 5% or 10% can start to go into other projects.. but still maybe take that from new money rather than taking it out from bitcoin, but surely there could be some justification to diversify some BTC value if it pumps a lot.. but that can be dangerous to attempt to accomplish too before a decent amount of a budding nestegg is already built.

The old saying of "never put all your eggs in the same basket" isn't considered to being holding BTC as well as cash, that sounds a lot more like averaging your way in and saving back from capital for further investment.

Well when you start out.. then you might ONLY have BTC and cash.  Once getting to a higher level there might be some preferences or even needs to move away from having everything in only BTC and cash.. I have never said to only invest in BTC and cash.. but I could see how some people might reasonably end up going down that road, and maybe they do not feel any need to begin to diversify until after a few BTC cycles.. so if the above person gets through two BTC cycles with some kind of similar level of ongoing investment into BTC (kind of presuming the same cashflow levels but sometimes cashflow levels will go up.. but we need not necessarily presume that for the purpose of this example), there might be something like $73,600 ($9,200 x Cool invested into BTC, and at some point there might feel some need to begin to diversify.,. maybe ONLY after 1 cycle in terms of getting to something like $36,800 ($9,200 x 4) invested.

Of course, such a somewhat aggressive strategy of investing around $9,200 per year for the past 8 years would have likely caused a decent number of people to consider diversifying out of BTC at some point especially since we would currently be looking at a BTC stash of nearly 82 BTC and nearly a $5.5 million spot price valuation, and especially if such 8 year long investor were ONLY in bitcoin and cash.. but at what point such diversification is justified (if at all) will be discretionary.. and sure, I would likely proclaim that too much gambling is going on if no diversification is made yet (at least into property and equities) based on the facts that I have described above.

Of course the past 8 year performance does not even exactly tell us what the next 8 years might bring.. and surely maybe we could end up reducing how much of an urgency would have been felt 8 years ago as to what might be felt currently, and that likely would ONLY justify changing the amounts invested rather than suggesting that there is any need to start to diversify at an point prior to building a wee bit of a nest egg before gravitating into the diversification (dilution of investment) direction.

Not forgetting that in 2017, diversifying wasn't the worst idea if you were being conservative and taking profits when prices went parabolic.

I doubt that retrospective analysis of what happened in 2017 with the considerable UP and down necessarily justifies changing the strategy in terms of focusing on BTC first before fucking around with various shitcoins.

Furthermore, there are quite a few people who actually come to the conclusion that it is not worth attempting to time tops and bottoms until getting a decent amount of stake in the game.. so I am not going to go along with your suggestion that it is prudent to take profits until building a nest egg first... and then yeah, if there is a certain amount of time in the market and a building of a decent amount of value, then maybe  a bit of shaving might be justified.. each person is going to have to assess these matters for himself/herself, and I am not going to conceded that something like $9,200 or even $18,400 invested will necessarily trigger a justification of selling any significant amounts, but I could see that if you reached $9,200 or $18,400 invested in early 2017.. so at that point maybe your average cost per BTC would have been way less than $1k per coin, but then you get around a 20x in price appreciation causing your $9,200 to be worth $184k  (so surely it becomes somewhat tempting to shave a wee bit off).. or your $18,400 to become worth $368k.  So yeah it becomes tempting to shave some off... and again perhaps a bit of a dilemma while going through it but not as much of a dilemma when we have Monday morning quarterbacking.. which surely is not what kinds of real privileges that we have in the real world.

The top for most altcoins came a month later than Bitcoin,

Fuck shitcoins.. you are confusing matters... take that discussion somewhere else.

so if newcomers (such as myself back then) were cashing out at different times, then there is as much if not more money to be made. It's the bear market that catches newcomers out, not the bull market.

You can fuck around with your complication of your investment strategy all that you like, it is neither on topic here nor even as straight-forward as you seem to be wanting to suggest it to be.  Do the fuck what you like, but stop cluttering our discussion of bitcoin with those kinds of distractions.. this is not the "all the ways that you can make the most money (especially by fucking around with random shitcoins) thread".... the last time I checked.. unless infofront (you fuck) changed the topic?.. hahahahahaha.. #nohomo

As long as newcomers are being careful and taking profits (at least initial investment amounts), then unfortunately the success of diversifying often leads to the mistakes coming later in a bear market. Because while losing 50-75% of your altcoin value to BTC in a Bitcoin season, like I'm anticipating, it's still possible to make the same amount of money or otherwise more so. Not to mention that when initial investments come from fiat, newcomers don't feel like they've lost anything as long as the fiat value is stable, even if they can feel like they are missing out on current increases in value.

My head is hurting with this nonsense (I am pretty sure that I am not alone regarding this "human" feeling).

Having access to moving shares into a Bitcoin ETF is a safe and easy way to gain the exposure of Bitcoin's potential, something that other cryptocurrencies simply do not provide. This is where Bitcoin gains it's edge in the market I believe, because if you sign up to a cryptocurrency exchange you can gain exposure to all sorts, but if you invest in ETFs, you can only get Bitcoin. First mover advantage right there.
I hear what you are saying, but seems to be a BIG so fucking what.  Yeah bitcoin is the first, but it is not ONLY the first because a variety of shitcoins were later.. yeah, some of those shitcoins might get ETFs too.. or some variety of an ETF shitcoin package may well come available and help to distract retards into buying into that crap.

So, yeah.. for now, bitcoin is the ONLY ETF.. but seems almost like a big so fucking what the point that you are making... or at least the way that you are making it.

Maybe it's the way I'm making it. Even if other altcoins get ETFs, Bitcoin still doesn't lose it's first mover advantage, it will have more price history to look at and analyse, at least for the next 4-5 years until the next financial instrument and evolution comes along - probably Western counties actually holding Bitcoin like they do Gold for example, payment processors like Visa/Mastercard integration. It's for those who don't know anything about cryptocurrency (and don't need to either), for those who simply want to gain exposure to it's price movements (a bit like futures market really, but instead with less trading).

Eventually investment comes from those who want to reduce risk, or otherwise gain exposure to BTC as a reserve asset. They don't need to understand or learn anything, they just need to know it's worthwhile to hold in a portfolio. Similar to how other institutions, like pension funds, and now starting to dabble in Bitcoin with a % or two. They don't want to do this, but they know they have to in order to reduce risk. Probably that's not the best analogy, but one based on investors shifting away from the computer literate and experienced traders, towards experienced investors, or more institutions really.

The makeup of Bitcoin investors has evolved dramatically in recent years, from initially nerds to speculators to institutions. I merely consider that this will continue, from those who understand more to those who understand less. This to me seems like an inevitable progression in Bitcoin as an investment class, to the point where bank customers are holding Bitcoin (via traditional financial mechanisms) without even really knowing what it is or how it works. Most customers never had an idea how credit or debit cards actually functioned, ie the payment processing side etc, but they all adopted it regardless, because it wasn't relevant as long as it worked. Most people don't have an interest in learning either, they just want to save money in a way that works. The less they know and have to spend time learning the better for them.

Fair points.

We can talk to end of time of why Bitcoin is more reliable, more valuable, a better investment and form of reserve currency, as well as a reserve asset, but ultimately other cryptocurrencies will always distort the idea of investing in it, rather than incentivize it. Not to mention most won't understand fundamentally nor technologically why Bitcoin is more reliable and therefore more valuable.. Because it simply confuses the idea of Bitcoin being on a playing field with altcoins, rather than a playing field with fiat currencies. Whereas the idea of a ledger being 100% reliable and 100% immutable is unique. I hope that makes sense.
They might learn better or they might not, and some of our own roles on a personal level is to figure out how we are going to be playing our own game and diversification.. and seems dumb as fuck to me to be considering a 80% BTC 20% ETH as any kind of prudent allocation, but hey.. do what you like in terms of staying distracted, even if ETH may (or may not) have several more pump and dump smoke and mirror bullshit to pull off including that other scammers continue to build on it.  By the way, can we stop talking about that bullshit coin in this thread?  There are other threads on this forum (and even other forums) for that.

The reason I reference 20% is because this is currently Ethereum's dominance in the market

Fuck that dominance bullshit.

, so something that newcomers may acknowledge and consider a fair allocation.

Might work for you, but newcomers should not be fucking around with that crap... for reasons that I have already outlined at various points above, in my other posts and through my above hypothetical.

As I said before, being diversified in the uptrend isn't necessarily going to get you rekt.

No need for either newbies or even people who have been into BTC for a while.  In other words, there is no need to diversify for the mere sake of diversification.. as I believe that I have pointed out a zillion (could be exaggerating? perhaps?) times... sure upon building a decent investment of $10k to $20k then yeah some folks might start to be justified in playing around with shitcoins.. somewhat of a personal choice rather than a "it's not going to get you rekt, so yolo... why not?  blah blah blah bullshit..." 

By the way, dragonvslinux, I will concede that there can be a certain amount of crazy-ass risk taking that people in their teens and early 20s might be ready, willing and able to take that might not be prudent in terms of longer term investing ideas because they do not have shit.. but there is also quite a bit of value in building principle, and so there are so many folks who have not built shit in life into their 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s, and surely it gets worse when they are in their 50s and 60s and realizing that what they had been doing had not been building principle.. so at some point their is a lot of justification in assuring that you are building principle... and I personally believe that it is better to start early to build principle and that will get you a lot of advantages later down the road... yes, sometimes there might be some once in a life time opportunity that people will come across that justify putting a lot of their principle at stake, but I doubt those kinds of situations are coming up as much as you, dragonvslinux, seem to be suggesting that they come up with your seeming desires to dilute BTC investments by gambling on shitcoins right from the start of investment life.

It's thinking that also being diversified in a downtrend when Bitcoin re-gains it's market dominance is a good idea, when so far it never has been. Admittedly I think many who are grateful for diversifying in the bull market maintain this diversification strategy when accumulating in the bear market, which is where is all goes wrong, not so much during the up trend.

As relevant as you believe this uptrend versus down trend discussion is.., seems to be appropriate for some other thread or forum.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 09:01:32 PM

Explanation
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2066

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 09:09:09 PM

Volume increasing increasingly
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10155

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 09:10:45 PM

This is the situation of gold diggers seeing bitcoin slowly taking over silver now as they know soon it's their turn to flip the market towards Bitcoin.One of them is well known who is orthodox and doesn't match his modern son thinking and the name is Peter Schiff

His son is all in gold and he might be thinking now it's good and can turn his statements anytime like others and consider gold as waste of time .

When Bitcoin will take over gold it would be worth $475k

We are heading towards it and if you are on gold side congratulations you just have reverse growth on your investment and keep going until you reach zero.

It will not go to zero.

Gold may very well suffer the same fate due to asteroid mining.

If gold can be moved to the moon and safely lowered to earth or if  real moon base with bigly space can be built gold will become more like real special copper.

Gold is the best metal to work with electrical  gear. If common if would be used over copper. Far far far more resistant to corrosion.

While this sounds like Sci-fi it is a possibility that it happens in under 30 years which plummets the value of gold bigly but not to zero.

My only wish was that I was 24 not 64 as I would love to see the world in about 70 years time from now.
I really think gold does not have a long term storage of value such as it does now.

I doubt that you need any mining of asteroids for gold to continue to demonetize by another 70% and maybe even 90%... yes... there is value in something having utility and a lot of utility, but I would think that if gold would be demonetized completely it may only have 10%-ish of its current value (am I being too generous?)

By the way, there has already been quite a bit of demonetizing of gold, and I am not sure if bitcoin has been the main cause for that - even though many of us (and this knowledge is becoming more and more spread amongst normies) have seen a lot of the "gold is better than bitcoin" proponents fading into the bushes (like that Homer Simpson meme)..   Surely there are some people still hanging onto gold and speculating that it is going to pump or at least hold its value greater than the dollar - which probably it is going to continue to have struggles when bitcoin is here to show fairly obviously that it is not only superior to gold.. but that more and more of that realization is sinking in.   

Annoying AF tbh, but part of the process I guess

hahahahaa

He has his moments.

Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Not sure if this has been discussed before. Could anyone tech savvy comment on this? Any potential implications for ECDSA encryption algorithm  here?

https://www.zdnet.com/article/ibm-launches-127-qubit-eagle-quantum-processor-previews-ibm-quantum-system-two/

What about you Alex?  Do you have any kind of opinion on the topic or the potential relation to bitcoin?

I hereby complain that the price is going back to 64xxx

Look at AlcoHODL..  Shocked Shocked

---enabling the whiner...     Angry Angry Angry

Next couple of weeks are make or break, I think. Certainly as far as the numbers being predicted by well known analysts go, it’s getting towards crunch time.

I’m not enjoying the struggle to get close to & breach $70,000. Today is the first time in a long time I am starting to doubt we will see a $100,000 bitcoin in 2021.

NFA.

$98k by close of November seems a bit more difficult than $100k by the end of the year, and for sure we have decent posturing for achieving $100k by the end of the year... and of course, seeds of doubt need to be present to attempt to shake more and more weak hands from their coins.

Even if $100k is not reached by the end of the year, and $69k ends up being the top for this calendar year, we still seem to be quite poised for $100k soontm.  Does it matter if $100k comes in 2021 calendar year, or there ends up being a shake out of more weak hands and we get some more delay in our UPpity.. including if noman's land thesis ends up petering out? 

There are frequently needs to attempt to shock HODLers and especially newbies, and sure I am having difficulties considering that a lot more DOWNity could be accomplished or even NOT getting much more UPpity in this calendar year, but extreme scenarios still can be accomplished - especially if non-BTC backed dollars are being likely used to bet on BTC down (I think that is called naked shorting?).. but it still seems that those naked shorters could end up getting reckt pretty badly, too... and maybe some of them can afford to take such risks?  I have my doubts that the arrogant traditional financial fucks have this "in the bag" as they sometimes seem to want to portray.. but hey... we will see.  We will see.  We have been in places that are quite similar to our current location several times before.
Pages: « 1 ... 29652 29653 29654 29655 29656 29657 29658 29659 29660 29661 29662 29663 29664 29665 29666 29667 29668 29669 29670 29671 29672 29673 29674 29675 29676 29677 29678 29679 29680 29681 29682 29683 29684 29685 29686 29687 29688 29689 29690 29691 29692 29693 29694 29695 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 [29702] 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 29719 29720 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 29729 29730 29731 29732 29733 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 29741 29742 29743 29744 29745 29746 29747 29748 29749 29750 29751 29752 ... 33303 »
  Print  

Jump to: