May 05, 2024, 02:55:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29679 29680 29681 29682 29683 29684 29685 29686 29687 29688 29689 29690 29691 29692 29693 29694 29695 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 29702 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 29719 29720 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 [29729] 29730 29731 29732 29733 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 29741 29742 29743 29744 29745 29746 29747 29748 29749 29750 29751 29752 29753 29754 29755 29756 29757 29758 29759 29760 29761 29762 29763 29764 29765 29766 29767 29768 29769 29770 29771 29772 29773 29774 29775 29776 29777 29778 29779 ... 33323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372192 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 03:50:02 AM

I've stopped on this one. No more Nazis in this thread.

Hey, bitcoin seems to be back. Wonder when it will pass 120k.

Works for me. Be nice to see a 6 at the beginning again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 04:01:24 AM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2021, 04:15:30 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

So the build back better passed today a 1.6 trillion passed in the house.

maybe the senate does it quickly

and biden and co will have passed over 2.5 trillion this fall.

the news 📰 actually showed the treas printing 100 💯 $ bills.

I will see if I can find the clip they showed.

100 dollar bills printing video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV7vxfk__Uw

pretty sure they used the video above.

at the 15 second mark.

well the news was true for a change.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4473

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 04:18:28 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

-

How old are you?

goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1701

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2021, 04:18:30 AM

Also: about peer reviewed papers - make sure you check who it was that reviewed the paper and where it was published. I could send in a paper which states human shit cures cancer to an "institute" in India and get it published in some BS "science journal" with 50 peer reviews from some indian scientists nobody has ever heard of and probably don't even exist or who do exist and only care about making money.

I would only have to pay a few thousand dollars.

Best way to deal with this is to look up the journal's "Impact Factor". This shows how many times papers have been cited in other journals and their resultant quality.

IF >20=Science, Nature, JAMA
IF <2=Indian Times, DUH, etc.

This is not as good a guide as it once was. There is a lot of stuff that is absolutely not reproduciable in the higher up journals. Publishing has always been somewhat political and a who you know type thing and I feel that it is only getting worse. Though in this case I imagine the Indian Times is indeed shitter. But certainly don't trust the leading journals.

I myself am listed as a author (not first or last) in a recent enough paper published in Nature communications and currently have another paper in the same journal under review.

I also published in Nature, both as a first and last author (not recently, though) and it was very tough to get done as they receive vastly more papers than they could publish.
Many people in our field never had a paper published there and several of mine were rejected as well, then published in lesser journals.

Yep, they would get flooded with papers. We don't often publish in such high ranking journals but if we think we have even a small chance we'll generally take it. No loss if they don't accept, especially if outright rejection (as it's quicker), then just move down the line. Having those high ranking papers does help come grant time so it's definitely worth a shot. Mind you no grants for me this round, but thanks to Bitcoin I really don't care anymore.  

Whats the APC for publishing in Nature? 9-11k USD? Might as well just submit your paper to Arxiv and hope somebody stumbles across it before you die of old age. Lips sealed
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 04:28:33 AM

Also: about peer reviewed papers - make sure you check who it was that reviewed the paper and where it was published. I could send in a paper which states human shit cures cancer to an "institute" in India and get it published in some BS "science journal" with 50 peer reviews from some indian scientists nobody has ever heard of and probably don't even exist or who do exist and only care about making money.

I would only have to pay a few thousand dollars.

Best way to deal with this is to look up the journal's "Impact Factor". This shows how many times papers have been cited in other journals and their resultant quality.

IF >20=Science, Nature, JAMA
IF <2=Indian Times, DUH, etc.

This is not as good a guide as it once was. There is a lot of stuff that is absolutely not reproduciable in the higher up journals. Publishing has always been somewhat political and a who you know type thing and I feel that it is only getting worse. Though in this case I imagine the Indian Times is indeed shitter. But certainly don't trust the leading journals.

I myself am listed as a author (not first or last) in a recent enough paper published in Nature communications and currently have another paper in the same journal under review.

I also published in Nature, both as a first and last author (not recently, though) and it was very tough to get done as they receive vastly more papers than they could publish.
Many people in our field never had a paper published there and several of mine were rejected as well, then published in lesser journals.

Yep, they would get flooded with papers. We don't often publish in such high ranking journals but if we think we have even a small chance we'll generally take it. No loss if they don't accept, especially if outright rejection (as it's quicker), then just move down the line. Having those high ranking papers does help come grant time so it's definitely worth a shot. Mind you no grants for me this round, but thanks to Bitcoin I really don't care anymore.  

Whats the APC for publishing in Nature? 9-11k USD? Might as well just submit your paper to Arxiv and hope somebody stumbles across it before you die of old age. Lips sealed

Yes, indeed, now is as it switched to OA, but it used to be much less, but it is paid from grants anyway, not from the own pocket. But the true new outrage is the review charge (~2K euro). Now, I mostly teach (don't want to write grants anymore), but when i published there last, there was no charge for review...it is quite ridiculous.
Arxiv is great (and very popular) for physics, much less so for Biology.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4893

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 04:42:13 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2021, 08:03:14 AM by Hueristic
Merited by naim027 (1)

Guys, Am I invisible today? Just attention-seeking.

Yes... you are a bit annoying, and hopefully, you will be able to grow the fuck up at some point.. sooner rather than later would be better, but many of us realize and appreciate that growing up takes time and cannot be rushed, even if we have some expectations and hopes in regards to someone like you who may well need grandma to come down and to shut off your computer for a while... but yeah, maybe even grandma lost control of the situation...

Well, I am not going to argue with you. I believe you are a typing Bot. Who doesn't have any sense (?). The Typing Bot uses the Internet resources to write their shit.

Are you afraid? Just because I am here for almost 18 hours a day? I believe you are afraid of me, at the same point you could lose your position to me in this forum? My grandma is not alive anymore, so, you could send your's so she can shut down my PC.
I believe she cannot shut down my PC since I am not under 18 anymore.

Thanks to @cAPSLOCK, He is the real guy and he knows what to do with whom?

Authorities from multiple countries believed that Bahrun Naim was killed fighting the
Syrian army in Abu Hammam, Syria in November 2017. Nonetheless, he continued to
operate discreetly, building social media platforms to disseminate propaganda,
recruiting handlers and creating bots to spread computer generated content to large
audiences.

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 04:47:20 AM

100 dollar bills printing video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV7vxfk__Uw

I'll be damned, it DOES go Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Go figure.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 04:50:02 AM

Yes, indeed, now is as it switched to OA, but it used to be much less, but it is paid from grants anyway, not from the own pocket. But the true new outrage is the review charge (~2K euro). Now, I mostly teach (don't want to write grants anymore), but when i published there last, there was no charge for review...it is quite ridiculous.

Holy goat fucking, I have been out of the business for awhile. The whole point was subscriptions (esp library subs) covered the cost of paper review, only the Open Access journals were charging review and publish fees. Didn't realize Nature and Science were doing it.

Times change. But as they say all God's creatures have to EAT.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 05:01:24 AM

Explanation
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2782
Merit: 1812

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 05:14:30 AM

Straw. Man. Try harder.

Nope. I'm just curious how people now are behaving like Nazis. I have met some real Nazis, both in the US atomic bomb programs and from the ex-Vichy regime.

They were quite unlike people who wish to vaccinate people these days, you might call them.... chilling, if you had met them.

We've had vaccinations for more than two centuries. The issue is not with the 'vaccine' itself. Indeed, many of those having issues with what is going on are vaccinated themselves. So yes, strawman as independently called out by someone else too.

Since we're calling out logical fallacies,
Slippery Slope
In a slippery slope argument, a course of action is rejected because, with little or no evidence, one insists that it will lead to a chain reaction resulting in an undesirable end or ends. The slippery slope involves an acceptance of a succession of events without direct evidence that this course of events will happen.
https://www.txstate.edu/philosophy/resources/fallacy-definitions/Slippery-Slope.html
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 06:00:46 AM
Merited by BobLawblaw (10), DaRude (5), tertius993 (5), HeRetiK (2), xhomerx10 (1), JayJuanGee (1), d_eddie (1)

It might be instructive to become familiar with how the Nazis rose to power and how they ran propaganda against the Jews. They didn't just get voted in then the next day invade Poland and throw Jews on the trains.

It might be instructive, indeed. They rose to power on the back of a frustrated population devastated by decades of economic turmoil by promising them to fight against traditional banking elites and an all-powerful Jewish conspiracy threatening to destroy their nation from within through Marxism and decadent gender ideology. While campaigning, they portrayed themselves as the sole defenders of free speech, under attack for speaking truth to power.  Sounds exactly like the people pushing vaccine passports, amirite?

In Nuremberg, Germany, there is a massive building called the "Congress Hall". This intimidating, colosseum-inspired Nazi building stands next to the former Party rally grounds, where the Nazis held their massive 100K+ people gatherings before WWII. It was to be used just once a year, for one speech delivered by Hitler standing in a precise spot where the sunlight would illuminate him in a way that would appear to be divine. Due to the outbreak of WWII it wasn't finished.

Today it houses a museum with a permanent exhibition called "fascination and terror" which documents the Nazis' rise to power from their humble beginnings in the early 20s to the brink of WWII. A visit to this museum is mandatory to all German school children and all German soldiers. Because the Germans understand full well that to fight ideologies such as Nazism, it is vital to combat historical illiteracy which is fucking rampant in this goddamn thread! A vocal minority in this thread would do well to go see the reality of how Nazis rose to power and what they did with that power instead of parroting talking points about how vaccine passports are literally stars of David. You can always change your vaccine status. To the Nazis, you could never stop being a Jew. I can't believe I have to explain this.

Just because you are criticising the government, doesn't mean you are a free thinker or correct. What a colossal waste of intellectual capacity on full display.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 06:01:33 AM

Explanation
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4161

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 06:08:00 AM

Holy goat fucking, I have been out of the business for awhile. The whole point was subscriptions (esp library subs) covered the cost of paper review, only the Open Access journals were charging review and publish fees. Didn't realize Nature and Science were doing it.

Times change. But as they say all God's creatures have to EAT.

I've published several articles in various prestigious scientific journals, the last one was in 2020. I never had to pay a cent! The only limit was the size of the article. If it exceeded a certain number of pages (I think the limit was about 10 pages of two-column format), then I would have to pay for the extra pages.

2000 € / review is outrageous!

Arxiv is great, Perelman published his proof of the Poincaré Conjecture there. Free, and serves its purpose just fine.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 06:14:46 AM

I've published several articles in various prestigious scientific journals, the last one was in 2020. I never had to pay a cent! The only limit was the size of the article. If it exceeded a certain number of pages (I think the limit was about 10 pages of two-column format), then I would have to pay for the extra pages.

2000 € / review is outrageous!

Ok, it might be their "open access" journals to compete with PLoS. I think it was Science Advances or something like that and Nature was doing one too. If open access then yeah you have to pay but I believe the overall quality suffers (like PLoS)

Arxiv is great, Perelman published his proof of the Poincaré Conjecture there. Free, and serves its purpose just fine.

As we say, the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 06:27:33 AM

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 07:01:24 AM

Explanation
naim027

Activity: 476
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 07:09:21 AM

Well, that's a bit personal question, but I am 29.
Is that could be a matter to be annoying?
I don't think that age could be a reason be the ugly guy. Bill gates are 66 and still, he is one of the richest men. Soborno Isaac bari is (9) the youngest professor globally and people knew him as an Einstein of our time.

So, I think age and size, don't matter.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 08:01:24 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 08:12:37 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2021, 08:59:03 AM by JayJuanGee
Merited by Hueristic (1), sirazimuth (1), naim027 (1)

Guys, Am I invisible today? Just attention-seeking.

Yes... you are a bit annoying, and hopefully, you will be able to grow the fuck up at some point.. sooner rather than later would be better, but many of us realize and appreciate that growing up takes time and cannot be rushed, even if we have some expectations and hopes in regards to someone like you who may well need grandma to come down and to shut off your computer for a while... but yeah, maybe even grandma lost control of the situation...

Well, I am not going to argue with you. I believe you are a typing Bot. Who doesn't have any sense (?). The Typing Bot uses the Internet resources to write their shit.

... I am so very much relieved on the deep insides of my metal cages that you are not going to be arguing with yours truly.  

By the way, there was one or two WO regular members who had recently deemed me as a peep.. (not that I am feeling any kind of need to brag about that) and I won't name drop at this point because I had already attempted such name droppening regarding that subject at least a couple of times and crickets (chirp, chirp).. but anywhoo so there is that possible being a peep angle that could end up screwing up your largely irrelevant attempt at framing non-substantive nonsense.

Are you afraid? Just because I am here for almost 18 hours a day? I believe you are afraid of me, at the same point you could lose your position to me in this forum?

I happen to be very afraid of uie pooie.  You have very insightful and intimidating ways of expressing ur lil mature beyond your years selfie, so it causes me trembling quite intensively in my wee-widow bot boots (on the inside).

My grandma is not alive anymore, so, you could send your's so she can shut down my PC.
I believe she cannot shut down my PC since I am not under 18 anymore.

I am surprised that you are supposedly all growed up.  shocked...

Who would-a-thunk?

Thanks to @cAPSLOCK, He is the real guy and he knows what to do with whom?

oh my.....   You have quite a few angles figured out naim027, which adds to even more of my scaredy kitty kitty cat status.   Shocked Shocked.. ...

Sometimes you never know...  

Maybe your level of smartie-panties wannabe will start to work itself out..?  I hope that you do not cause me to become even more irrelevant...  Cry Cry Cry Cry  this weekend is not starting out very well for this shivering metal piece- and wires.. .. seems like the beginning of the end.. all because of naim027, the eloquent and potent beyond imagination newbie.   Cry Cry Cry Cry

Even as a youngster, I can recognize that you have real formidable talents.

Pages: « 1 ... 29679 29680 29681 29682 29683 29684 29685 29686 29687 29688 29689 29690 29691 29692 29693 29694 29695 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 29702 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 29719 29720 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 [29729] 29730 29731 29732 29733 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 29740 29741 29742 29743 29744 29745 29746 29747 29748 29749 29750 29751 29752 29753 29754 29755 29756 29757 29758 29759 29760 29761 29762 29763 29764 29765 29766 29767 29768 29769 29770 29771 29772 29773 29774 29775 29776 29777 29778 29779 ... 33323 »
  Print  

Jump to: