April 26, 2024, 11:31:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30597 30598 30599 30600 30601 30602 30603 30604 30605 30606 30607 30608 30609 30610 30611 30612 30613 30614 30615 30616 30617 30618 30619 30620 30621 30622 30623 30624 30625 30626 30627 30628 30629 30630 30631 30632 30633 30634 30635 30636 30637 30638 30639 30640 30641 30642 30643 30644 30645 30646 [30647] 30648 30649 30650 30651 30652 30653 30654 30655 30656 30657 30658 30659 30660 30661 30662 30663 30664 30665 30666 30667 30668 30669 30670 30671 30672 30673 30674 30675 30676 30677 30678 30679 30680 30681 30682 30683 30684 30685 30686 30687 30688 30689 30690 30691 30692 30693 30694 30695 30696 30697 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368129 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 22, 2022, 10:01:19 PM

Explanation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
May 22, 2022, 10:17:51 PM

https://youtu.be/k0KEtSBoQdY

".....and she said"

"What I think the women's movement needs to be successful is......."
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 22, 2022, 10:40:56 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2)

I am just going to leave this here.....

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/is-it-true/is-it-true-does-the-vaxzevria-astrazeneca-vaccine-contain-animal-dna#:~:text=The%20AstraZeneca%20vaccine%20uses%20a,it%20to%20grow%20in%20humans.

(apparently several of the vaccines "use chimp")

I do not know what to make of it just yet......my first thought is......... it can't be, please do not let it be..... surely it isn't.......

Lets just hope this monkeypox thing is "just a coincidence"

One horrifying result from this will be the lives lost because of the trust lost in ACTUAL healthcare and science.  For example.  An MRNA drug.  These kinds of drugs have the potential to do wonderful things for man.  Possibly cure cancer, for example.  And yet an enormous percent of people will go to their graves never taking another vaccine because of what happened the last few years.  And the people hooting about how they deserve to die because of not "trusting science" are just WRONG.

Calm down.

I was feeling QUITE calm until I read those condescending words.  That's OK.  I am calm again now.

But I also stand by my point which is we rolled the dice with an experimental drug, and used coercive means to push it and that will do damage to the reputations of science, healthcare and government for a whole generation.  How much damage?  Well that remains to be seen.

I certainly hope we do not see people pushing for us to get down a similar path with Monkey Pox as we did with Covid.  But if we do, just watch.  The push back is going to be STRONG. And there you will see the seeds of mistrust beginning to bloom in the population.  How bad will it be?  Hard to say.  We have to wait and see.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 22, 2022, 10:42:01 PM

https://youtu.be/vbbhr4uTsfI

Guy seems rational enough, decent take, Covid PTSD?, could well be (hope so)

Liked this quote from him, "Politics likes to fill the vacuum of scientific uncertainty"

And also , the top comment "I can’t believe it’s Monkeypox season already!    Everyone just got their Ukraine decorations up!!!"

I am glad to see there are still level heads out there in the world.  We might just REALLY need those folk as we move forward.  I hope to do my part.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2022, 11:01:20 PM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

Merit: 3844

View Profile
May 22, 2022, 11:14:28 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2022, 11:50:08 PM by Biodom

I am just going to leave this here.....

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/is-it-true/is-it-true-does-the-vaxzevria-astrazeneca-vaccine-contain-animal-dna#:~:text=The%20AstraZeneca%20vaccine%20uses%20a,it%20to%20grow%20in%20humans.

(apparently several of the vaccines "use chimp")

I do not know what to make of it just yet......my first thought is......... it can't be, please do not let it be..... surely it isn't.......

Lets just hope this monkeypox thing is "just a coincidence"

One horrifying result from this will be the lives lost because of the trust lost in ACTUAL healthcare and science.  For example.  An MRNA drug.  These kinds of drugs have the potential to do wonderful things for man.  Possibly cure cancer, for example.  And yet an enormous percent of people will go to their graves never taking another vaccine because of what happened the last few years.  And the people hooting about how they deserve to die because of not "trusting science" are just WRONG.

Calm down.

I was feeling QUITE calm until I read those condescending words.  That's OK.  I am calm again now.

But I also stand by my point which is we rolled the dice with an experimental drug, and used coercive means to push it and that will do damage to the reputations of science, healthcare and government for a whole generation.  How much damage?  Well that remains to be seen.

I certainly hope we do not see people pushing for us to get down a similar path with Monkey Pox as we did with Covid.  But if we do, just watch.  The push back is going to be STRONG. And there you will see the seeds of mistrust beginning to bloom in the population.  How bad will it be?  Hard to say.  We have to wait and see.

not sure how you were calm...just re-read that post of yours that I partially quoted, omitting those parts.
...and there was nothing condescending in my reply...sometimes peeps just need to take it down a notch.
I am glad that you are over it, though.

I also think that they 'rolled the dice' to a degree, no question about that, so we are in agreement there, but as i said, our population was in a panic back then and the precious 'markets' were in a free-fall with some predicting an economic depression.

They also rolled the dice on the MMT theory, which turned out a bunch of hogwash, as pretty much everyone on this thread expected.
Alas, there is some sliver of normality of how economy responded to the increased cash outlay during relative goods scarcity.

However, if you tell me that it was all a conspiracy, then this is a road that you have to travel by yourself.
My rule is to not expect a conspiracy when it could be explained by rushing 'something' and/or incompetency.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 22, 2022, 11:58:57 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2022, 12:37:57 AM by JayJuanGee
Merited by goldkingcoiner (1)

But instead, people are selling all sorts of coins because of FEAR. Also Bitcoin and Bitcoin isn't responsible and more important, Bitcoin is technically 100% independent.

It needs A LOT more education for people and we, as HODLers, should definitely advocate for it.

What else is new?

It's not like the first time that we end up seeing all kinds of misinformation out in the real world, and we talk about those various kinds of dynamics on a regular basis in this thread.. there is the 80/20 Pareto distribution rule too.. you know about that, right?  
No, I didn't hear from it, I'm from Germany.  Smiley

I get the sense that you still do not know what I am talking about when I refer to a Pareto distribution.

There are ideas that people like to argue in regards to Pareto distribution application that 20% of the guys bang 80% of the chicks... hahahahaha.. that might be a misapplication..

or another application might be that 80% of the people are going to blindly follow whatever dumb theory or idea without even questioning it, so only 20% of the people are smart enough or industrious enough to question matters.

those are Pareto distribution arguments... to say that it does not matter what we do, 80% of the people are dumb  or 80% of the people are never going to get ahead because they just follow the masses and do what everyone else does.  20% are telling the 80% what to do.  20% leaders and 80% followers.. maybe correct maybe not.. but a kind of ballpark idea in regards to what kinds of challenges are ahead when trying to bring change to human tendencies.

Sure, some people might be misapplying the Pareto distribution ideas and use those kinds of ideas to make bad and inaccurate arguments in bad contexts to say they (we) are part of the 20% not part of the 80%.. we are the movers and shakers, and the leaders and not the ones who blindly follow.  

Sometimes the claims might have some truth to them and sometimes they might be misapplying what is going on, and I was suggesting that even in bitcoin, there may well end up being ways to point out the existence Pareto distributions in regards to those who get it and those who do not...

Maybe we can claim that the bitcoin maximalists get it and the shitcoiners do not?  Perhaps?  perhaps?  .

But in regards to actual bitcoin adoption and the number of bitcoiners that exist in the world, we still only have like 1% or so world-wide adoption of bitcoin.. so there are still a lot more bitcoiners out there who do not yet know that they are bitcoiners, so they might be considered precoiners.. and they might not even know it.

Sure there might be some parts of the world with greater adoption of bitcoin as compared to other parts of the world, including that likely there is greater bitcoin adoption in some cities than in rural areas and likely more adoption in some cities as compared to other cities, too, but overall we still have pretty low distribution of bitcoin adoption if we are considering the world population as a whole..  

Also, we might have folks who are more educated than others, and some folks who are richer than others and some folks who have more social status or social capital than others, but some of those factors might not end up motivating people to become bitcoiners.. and there have even been some papers on the topic of educated and connected people frequently considering themselves to be too smart for something as lame as bitcoin.
 hahahahaha   We have our work cut out for us, if we are wanting to employ ourselves as bitcoin evangelists.

We also hear claims from supposedly smart people that now everyone knows about bitcoin, and I would also proclaim that those kinds of descriptions of bitcoin awareness and bitcoin adoption are both misleading and untrue.  Just hearing the word bitcoin and being able to say that you know what bitcoin is does not really mean that you know what it is... just because you have heard the word and you believe that you know what it is.

Even within already existing bitcoin adopters we have bitcoin skeptics and people who have low levels of knowledge, adoption and conviction in regards to bitcoin and are grappling both with what bitcoin is and what is their bitcoin investment strategy.  they might question whether their bitcoin investment strategy is aggressive enough or whimpy?  We have regulars in this thread who have difficulties in figuring out bitcoin and even figuring out their investment strategy, and I am not even blaming them for that.

So I have a lot of doubts when I hear claims about bitcoin saturation or great levels of bitcoin adoption, and perhaps the ONLY people who are overinvested or really sufficiently invested in bitcoin are 20% or less of the regulars in this thread, and surely Michael Saylor is over invested in bitcoin as well.. but he is a crazy bitcoin psycho, too.

So even if we might take a country like the USA in which a lot of people have access to various kinds of mainstream media and even access to internet, there may well be a lot of people who heard the word "bitcoin" but they hardly have any clue what bitcoin is....  they might believe that they know what bitcoin is, but I question that and I also question some of the surveys that proclaim to have high levels of bitcoin awareness and/or adoption.  Some of the claims of knowing what is bitcoin might even be being mixed up between bitcoin and crypto, but some of it may well be to have a "just say no" philosophy when it comes to learning anything that is difficult to relate to or sounds like it might be a fad or that there is a bubble that may well come crashing down at any minute.. and who wants to be buying at the top, anyhow?

Part of my point is that it takes a long time to learn about bitcoin, even if you want to learn about bitcoin... even some guys who decide to start to invest into bitcoin, it could take a long time to figure out an investment strategy, even though many of us know about dollar cost averaging investing, it can take quite a long time for normies (or newbies into bitcoin) to both learn about the idea of dollar cost averaging and then to put such DCAing into practice and then to figure out if they are adequately putting DCA to practice in a way that is sufficiently appropriate to their own situation including looking into whether they are being sufficiently aggressive in the DCA approach without being too aggressive..

After employing DCA practices, there might be some realization that DCAing can be better supplemented by buying on dips and lump sum investing too.. but then there might also be a need to figure out what their BTC accumulation target is... is it going to be a 1% allocation into bitcoin or a 25% allocation into bitcoin or somewhere in the middle or if they really study into bitcoin, they might decide to employ an even more aggressive investment allocation level, and then once they reach their allocation level (which could take several months or even a couple of years, then they might need to decide what to do if the BTC price moves and whether their allocation into BTC needs to be adjusted from time to time.. including whether it is a good idea to reallocate from time to time or can they figure out these matters on their own or do they need an investment advisor..

Many investment advisors will nearly for sure tell bitcoiners to do the wrong thing by telling them to reduce their bitcoin exposure.. hahahahaha.. many of us have already seen or experienced investment advisors like this... who we likely end up having to fire because they end up being more of a hinderance than help in regards to really grappling with bitcoin and maybe considering that bitcoin ends up allowing us to NOT have an investment advisor because bitcoin does not have that kind of an access limitation in the same way that some investment funds are limited (at least historically - even though some of them are seeming to open up more.. I wonder why?).
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 12:01:25 AM

Explanation
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 12:53:08 AM
Merited by BobLawblaw (10), cAPSLOCK (5), philipma1957 (1)

However, if you tell me that it was all a conspiracy, then this is a road that you have to travel by yourself.
My rule is to not expect a conspiracy when it could be explained by rushing 'something' and/or incompetency.

Some of us have lived long enough lives to know that the world going from one crisis (Covid, world shutdown, mass layoffs), to another crisis (Money printer go brrr, massive inflation), to another crisis (Ukraine War), to another crisis (supply chain constraints, oil shortage, food shortage, etc.) to another crisis (Monkeypox, or whatthefuckeverisnext), in just a span of a few years is NOT normal. Like at all. The odds of such a pattern happening organically in such a short span of time are ridiculously low, low enough to know that they would have to be completely manufactured, planned events.

That is the conspiracy part. Rolling from one catastrophe to another and then another is not normal.

Those that believe otherwise just haven't lived long enough to know better.
Biodom
Legendary

Merit: 3844

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 12:58:47 AM

Some of us have lived long enough lives to know that the world going from one crisis (Covid, world shutdown, mass layoffs), to another crisis (Money printer go brrr, massive inflation), to another crisis (Ukraine War), to another (supply chain constraints, oil shortage, food shortage, etc.) to another crisis (Monkeypox, or whatthefuckeverisnext), in just a span of a few years is NOT normal. Like at all. The odds of such a pattern happening organically in such a short span of time are ridiculously low, low enough to know that they would have to be completely manufactured, planned events.

That is the conspiracy part. Rolling from one catastrophe to another and then another is not normal.

Or, alternatively, it could mean that we are getting close to a "Singularity", a place where the pace of technological, societal and political changes start to occur faster than our comprehension and/or adaptation. Could be two sides of the same coin, though.
EDIT: We can also simply be in the midst of the Fourth turning...the timing is right.
EDIT2: I find the fact that we just had a congressional hearing on "aliens"/UFOs among all other 'stuff' very uncanny.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 01:01:20 AM

Explanation
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 01:24:44 AM

Do you eat meat? It contains animal DNA, you know.

Yeah.... how often do you eat monkey sandwiches ?

Oh... WE ARE GOING THERE !!! AHAHAHAHA !!  Cheesy  Cheesy

Well... For now, WE DO NOT KNOW !! If... pigs, chickens and stallions are vaccinated with experimental monkey vaccines.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

^ the WHO said that. (the Wall Hooligan Observer!)  Grin  Cool Cheesy  Cool Grin
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 02:03:27 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 03:03:32 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 04:03:28 AM

Explanation
savetherainforest

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 04:05:25 AM

This feels like a great and really feels like a nice day to see a dump! Cheesy Cheesy
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 04:10:46 AM

This feels like a great and really feels like a nice day to see a dump! Cheesy Cheesy

I see you too want 8th 9th weekly red candle Smiley
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1646

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2022, 04:18:06 AM

Looking at the monthly, myself. If there is a dump it will be at the end of this month at earliest. Too much consolidation on the daily currently, I would say.

I would take a nibble out of a monkey sandwich. You know, just to try.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 04:30:27 AM

Some of us have lived long enough lives to know that the world going from one crisis (Covid, world shutdown, mass layoffs), to another crisis (Money printer go brrr, massive inflation), to another crisis (Ukraine War), to another crisis (supply chain constraints, oil shortage, food shortage, etc.) to another crisis (Monkeypox, or whatthefuckeverisnext), in just a span of a few years is NOT normal. Like at all. The odds of such a pattern happening organically in such a short span of time are ridiculously low, low enough to know that they would have to be completely manufactured, planned events.

But, "Covid, world shutdown, mass layoffs", and "Money printer go brrr, massive inflation" and "supply chain constraints, oil shortage, food shortage"  is the same crisis, they are all a sideffect of the world wide lockdowns. Oil shortage and food shortage is getting worse due to the Ukrainian war though, so I guess that could be seen as part of both those crisis.

And most of us in here don't have to worry about monkeypox, we have all been vaccinated against smallpox, and that supposedly also covers monkeypox.
savetherainforest

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 04:31:24 AM

Looking at the monthly, myself. If there is a dump it will be at the end of this month at earliest. Too much consolidation on the daily currently, I would say.

I would take a nibble out of a monkey sandwich. You know, just to try.

Well... if it was up to me, I would crash it once today. And at the end of the month when everyone thought it would rise, I would crash it again even harder. Cheesy Cheesy

It's all just fake USDT fake fiat manipulation standards anyway.  Cool  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 30597 30598 30599 30600 30601 30602 30603 30604 30605 30606 30607 30608 30609 30610 30611 30612 30613 30614 30615 30616 30617 30618 30619 30620 30621 30622 30623 30624 30625 30626 30627 30628 30629 30630 30631 30632 30633 30634 30635 30636 30637 30638 30639 30640 30641 30642 30643 30644 30645 30646 [30647] 30648 30649 30650 30651 30652 30653 30654 30655 30656 30657 30658 30659 30660 30661 30662 30663 30664 30665 30666 30667 30668 30669 30670 30671 30672 30673 30674 30675 30676 30677 30678 30679 30680 30681 30682 30683 30684 30685 30686 30687 30688 30689 30690 30691 30692 30693 30694 30695 30696 30697 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: