May 06, 2024, 01:23:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30640 30641 30642 30643 30644 30645 30646 30647 30648 30649 30650 30651 30652 30653 30654 30655 30656 30657 30658 30659 30660 30661 30662 30663 30664 30665 30666 30667 30668 30669 30670 30671 30672 30673 30674 30675 30676 30677 30678 30679 30680 30681 30682 30683 30684 30685 30686 30687 30688 30689 [30690] 30691 30692 30693 30694 30695 30696 30697 30698 30699 30700 30701 30702 30703 30704 30705 30706 30707 30708 30709 30710 30711 30712 30713 30714 30715 30716 30717 30718 30719 30720 30721 30722 30723 30724 30725 30726 30727 30728 30729 30730 30731 30732 30733 30734 30735 30736 30737 30738 30739 30740 ... 33326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2022, 01:23:40 AM

Her behavior doesn’t speak well of her mental state, especially given that her obsession with me was near-instantaneous.  Two days after I registered my account, when I had said nothing to offend her (and hadn’t even interacted with her at all!), suchmoon saw fit to insult me gratuitously on my trust page:

suchmoon2022-05-12Pompous mouthy not-a-newbie.

How is it an insult if it's factual feedback and you're so proud of what you're doing here.

This was your chance to conclusively prove that you're nullius and you did it with great success so thanks for that I guess.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 02:04:54 AM

Explanation
AnotherAlt

Activity: 280
Merit: 259

https://bitcoincleanup.com #EndTheFUD

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 02:07:11 AM

This sort of ironically reminds me of when Quickseller, TECSHARE, and others accused nullius of being a Lauda alt. Back then, QS was sure that nullius couldn't be new. I think that he obviously wasn't Lauda, so who was nullius? What is his (allegedly, my) real “main account”?

Is that discovered/proved later? If not, Still the question is, what is his real main account?

My question is If the forum allows me to create multiple accounts to say something controversial. What is your problem?
If you're hesitant to say something controversial because you don't want it to be associated with your name, please create an alt account and say it.

If you cannot prove the connection between me and my alt accounts, you don't have a basement of your accusation. Why do you post that looks childish?
I have another account that was created in 2020. But I was unable to post it due to it contains some evil points. If I do not say, this is my account, is there another way you can prove that this is my account?

what's your opinion on your fellow mouthy cunt nullius? Is he the greatest genius ever or what?

May I ask what is the basement of your allegation?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2022, 02:25:10 AM

what's your opinion on your fellow mouthy cunt nullius? Is he the greatest genius ever or what?

Which part of it you call an allegation? "mouthy cunt"? It's a diminutive for "narcissistic fuckface".
Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 02:30:02 AM

Which part of it you call an allegation? "mouthy cunt"? It's a diminutive for "narcissistic fuckface".

I posit that "narcissistic fuckface" may ACTUALLY be a diminutive for "mouthy cunt"... just sayin'...
death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 02:40:06 AM

Regarding your various points that seem to belong in the meta section of the forum, I find those kinds of comments less offensive than bringing up shitcoins (or moreso pumping shitcoins without any legitimate connection to bitcoin) in this thread, though I would imagine that there is a pretty decent (perhaps overwhelming) majority of WO regulars who don't want to see very much meta in the WO.. perhaps a reference here or there is going to be tolerable, but long meta rants is not likely to win you too many friends.. I probably won't complain too much about it, yet I will probably blow with the winds if other guys are complaining about it.. which seems quite likely to me... seen it several times previously..

I did not raise off-topic questions about my identity—a topic that I do not wish to discuss at all.  It has been raised here by multiple persons other than myself—repeatedly, persistently—sometimes jovially, but in one case with extreme and unwarranted hostility.

I think it was fully appropriate for me to reply to that once in the same place where the issue was raised:  The Wall Observer.  Insofar as I am concerned, that disposes the matter:  I have no wish to discuss it further—not in WO, not in Reputation, not anywhere.

Mention of altcoins was contextual.  I was not “pumping shitcoins”—and you will note, I didn’t mention which altcoins I hold or have held with favorable results.  It’s hard to pump something without saying what it is!  I think my point was clear in the context:  So, is nullius a secret altcoiner?  It is a rhetorical question.

A better theory:  Vladimir Putin personally inserted a microchip into my brain, which made me trade on margin.  This caused me to lose my BTC, so that Russia could buy it cheap from the liquidator bot.  I blame Russia.  

Personally, I give less than two shits about some of the politics, except sure sometimes they do get embedded into our conversation, and we know that there is misinformation coming from several angles regarding various aspects of the Ukraine conflict - and it is likely not going to go away, so I am probably exaggerating a wee bit when I say that I do not give two shits about politics because it is difficult to escape.. but at the same time death-wish, you have to take responsibility for your own actions in regards to your BTC portfolio management - and surely you admit mistakes were made.. and hopefully you learn enough of a lesson to minimize any further damages.

That internal quotation (here unmodified) is wildly out of context.  I believe it’s quite clear that I was waxing satirical, for reasons that had nothing to do with my personal finances.

With regard to your statement that I rendered in bold, I want to emphasize for the record that I originally created this death_wish account with three consciously articulated motives:

• To seek last-minute advice trying to extricate myself from a mess.  I already knew that absent a sudden, lucky turnaround in the market, it was far too late for me; but I was understandably desperate!
  • To vent.  I think that most people will understand that I am apparently a human being, and humans who lose >90% of their assets do sometimes want to vent in appropriate venues.  WO seems like exactly the appropriate place for me to say, “Oh no, look at how badly I just fouled things up” and everyone else can say, “Wow, you fouled things up so badly!  Rekt!  Don’t buy on margin!”
  • To give a warning to others.  Even at the cost of some humiliation to myself.

I have spent years telling people not to buy on margin.  I have mentioned in several of my previous posts (and much more in a bunch of anguished outpourings I wrote but didn’t post), I made stupid mistakes that I warn others against.  My very first post under the intentionally melodramatic moniker death_wish was designed to drive the point home graphically.  Some of my recent weeping and wailing with prayers for Bitcoin’s forgiveness is intentionally over-the-top, for the same purpose.

DO NOT DO WHAT I DID.  Which I spent years saying not to do.  Which I then did.  No, really:  DON’T DO IT!

I am inevitably miserable about my losses.  I do not customarily wallow publicly in my sorrows.  It is embarrassing.  But I think that it’s important to warn others.  And I think that the entire record of my post history makes it excruciatingly clear, I absolutely take responsibility for my own decisions—and for the consequences thereof.  I don’t see how my writings could be read otherwise.

[...] and get the fuck out of shitcoins, especially since you have already shown that you do not seem to know what the fuck you are doing... [...]

I do not desire to debate that in WO.  It is not the right venue.  I mentioned it in another context, with the rhetorical purpose stated above.  I also mentioned that I did just fine for years, until I tried margin.  Margin wreckage lost me BTC that I had attained from altcoin profits.

I do not recommend altcoin trading to others.  I am not some Twitter-buyer chasing moons, a.k.a. retail fresh meat in the VC slaughterhouse.  There is no “get rich quick”.  Whatever I do requires patience, intelligence, and information not sourced from hot tips on social media.  Elaborating would be off-topic in WO—and I am uninterested in chatting about it, anyway.  But yes, I do know what I am doing.

On a general note, as I have mentioned before, it would be inadvisable to attempt subjecting me to some sort of a Bitcoin purity-test.  I’ll win that one.

[...] even though you do happen to recognize and appreciate bitcoin's bullish case and its fundamentals.. so stay focused there first and don't get distracted into either shitcoins or margin until you get your BTC stash sufficiently rebuilt and maybe even overallocated (which surely could take you 4-10 years if you have already ended up losing a bunch).

This is not the first time that I have rebuilt financially.  Previously, my personal wreckage was caused by severe IRL adversity which was not my fault, which is nobody’s business, and which I do not wish to discuss.  It took me five years of patient effort to rebuild what I just lost.  And this time, it will be harder because BTC is so high—and this time, I wrecked my own damnfool self.  Yes, I know what lies ahead of me.

Sorry.. my patronizing lil selfie could not help but to make some of those commentaries in regards to both your representation of taking responsibility [...]

I don’t know how you misinterpreted that.  Nothing that I have said could be read as other than, “How could I do something so stupid—I messed this up big time!”

I’m sure your patronizing lil selfie read this, since you gave it a merit weeks ago:

To avoid accusations of deficient IQ tantamount to mental retardation, I plead a bout of temporary insanity.  Do I know better than to do this?  Yes, I do.  Why did I do it - why, why, why!?  I have asked myself that many times, after I got in too deeply to get out fast without drastic losses.  Chalk it up to temptation, starting with a little bit of something really safe ("lol, I can survive a crash even to $10k!"), then one thing leading to another as the account spins out of control.

With full gratitude for your earnest attempts to help me get out of a bad situation when it was far too late, I do request that you be more careful in representing what I have written here.  Context is important, and I have never tried to evade responsibility for my own actions.  After all, this is why I am in Bitcoin to begin with:  My money is my money!

Unlike some people in (ahem) the Speculation forum, I was not initially drawn to Bitcoin by the prospect of profits.  I only learned about that part after I was already in BTC.  I am in this first and foremost for principles.  I have a cordial contempt for “Bitcoin investors” who are in it only for the money—cordial, because I appreciate that their investments help to empower my noblest of principles—contempt, because their motives are venal.  I care about Bitcoin.

Naturally, I want for Bitcoin investors to get rich.  It is their condign reward for supporting Bitcoin.  But I know that they do not care for Bitcoin, as I do.

My principles:  I do not want for anyone else to take responsibility for my financial decisions!  That would mean permissioned systems:  Restrictions on how I use “my” money.  KYC to enforce the restrictions.  Limits on how much I can send, and to whom I can send it.  Regulations that restrict profitable opportunities to “accredited investors”.  And so forth...

I doubt I need to underscore my passion and my principled demand for permissionless systems, which by their nature let me mess myself up if I so choose.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 02:46:54 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

OT: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/31/jim-cramer-charts-suggest-a-very-nice-summer-for-stocks.html

Everyone here knows that I fkn hate Jim Cramer...but here he is actually talking about Larry William's stonk market predictions. And Larry is actually pretty good with his market predictions.

Two takeaways:

1. Larry Williams is expecting a summer mega bull run in the stonk market that could last at least until September.

2. We know that the Bitcoin market is somewhat correlated with stonks right now, and in this case that could actually be a good thing. We might come roaring back into the lower $40k range, perhaps even higher into $50k-ish territory. It would also firmly signal that the bottom is in.

So a relief rally that is more than just a relief rally might actually float all boats, including Bitcoin.

Let's see how things play out.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 02:55:18 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2022, 03:07:14 AM by Torque

Somehow, most people are indifferent to getting no interest.
It would have been an outrage in the 70-ies or 80-ies or even in the 90-ies, but somehow become acceptable.
An anecdote: I opened my first online brokerage account in 1997.
Do you know what was the interest on cash in my account?
4.75%, lol (with inflation at 2.3% back then and fed funds rate at 5.46%)
Now-ZERO (or some infinitesimally small number with inflation at 6-8%).
This does not make much sense.

Yes, i agree that 5-6% "bleed" in 12 mo is an uncharted territory.
I also saw a chart that shows 16% year-to-year decrease in income.

When I started seeing raise freezes in the upper middle white collar sector, and then a meager 2-3% raise thrown at people every other year or third year, and that somehow was becoming completely acceptable by the masses no outrage, I knew our entire world economy was in deep trouble.

I don't think Average Joe people really get the gravity it. For example, in America the only way a 30-year mortgage on a house even works (i.e., the financial math) is you must maintain a job and get a raise in salary, every single year, that at least matches real inflation. Otherwise you will never get to the end of that mortgage and actually pay off the house, because inflation will eventually dissolve all net cash flow until you can't afford to live there anymore. But people just keep blindly signing up for them anyway with no consideration to actually owning the house in the end.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 03:01:26 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 04:03:27 AM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7851

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2022, 04:16:31 AM

Regarding your various points that seem to belong in the meta section of the forum, I find those kinds of comments less offensive than bringing up shitcoins (or moreso pumping shitcoins without any legitimate connection to bitcoin) in this thread, though I would imagine that there is a pretty decent (perhaps overwhelming) majority of WO regulars who don't want to see very much meta in the WO.. perhaps a reference here or there is going to be tolerable, but long meta rants is not likely to win you too many friends.. I probably won't complain too much about it, yet I will probably blow with the winds if other guys are complaining about it.. which seems quite likely to me... seen it several times previously..

I did not raise off-topic questions about my identity—a topic that I do not wish to discuss at all.  It has been raised here by multiple persons other than myself—repeatedly, persistently—sometimes jovially, but in one case with extreme and unwarranted hostility.

I think it was fully appropriate for me to reply to that once in the same place where the issue was raised:  The Wall Observer.  Insofar as I am concerned, that disposes the matter:  I have no wish to discuss it further—not in WO, not in Reputation, not anywhere.

Mention of altcoins was contextual.  I was not “pumping shitcoins”—and you will note, I didn’t mention which altcoins I hold or have held with favorable results.  It’s hard to pump something without saying what it is!  I think my point was clear in the context:  So, is nullius a secret altcoiner?  It is a rhetorical question.

A better theory:  Vladimir Putin personally inserted a microchip into my brain, which made me trade on margin.  This caused me to lose my BTC, so that Russia could buy it cheap from the liquidator bot.  I blame Russia.  

Personally, I give less than two shits about some of the politics, except sure sometimes they do get embedded into our conversation, and we know that there is misinformation coming from several angles regarding various aspects of the Ukraine conflict - and it is likely not going to go away, so I am probably exaggerating a wee bit when I say that I do not give two shits about politics because it is difficult to escape.. but at the same time death-wish, you have to take responsibility for your own actions in regards to your BTC portfolio management - and surely you admit mistakes were made.. and hopefully you learn enough of a lesson to minimize any further damages.

That internal quotation (here unmodified) is wildly out of context.  I believe it’s quite clear that I was waxing satirical, for reasons that had nothing to do with my personal finances.

With regard to your statement that I rendered in bold, I want to emphasize for the record that I originally created this death_wish account with three consciously articulated motives:

• To seek last-minute advice trying to extricate myself from a mess.  I already knew that absent a sudden, lucky turnaround in the market, it was far too late for me; but I was understandably desperate!
  • To vent.  I think that most people will understand that I am apparently a human being, and humans who lose >90% of their assets do sometimes want to vent in appropriate venues.  WO seems like exactly the appropriate place for me to say, “Oh no, look at how badly I just fouled things up” and everyone else can say, “Wow, you fouled things up so badly!  Rekt!  Don’t buy on margin!”
  • To give a warning to others.  Even at the cost of some humiliation to myself.

I have spent years telling people not to buy on margin.  I have mentioned in several of my previous posts (and much more in a bunch of anguished outpourings I wrote but didn’t post), I made stupid mistakes that I warn others against.  My very first post under the intentionally melodramatic moniker death_wish was designed to drive the point home graphically.  Some of my recent weeping and wailing with prayers for Bitcoin’s forgiveness is intentionally over-the-top, for the same purpose.

DO NOT DO WHAT I DID.  Which I spent years saying not to do.  Which I then did.  No, really:  DON’T DO IT!

I am inevitably miserable about my losses.  I do not customarily wallow publicly in my sorrows.  It is embarrassing.  But I think that it’s important to warn others.  And I think that the entire record of my post history makes it excruciatingly clear, I absolutely take responsibility for my own decisions—and for the consequences thereof.  I don’t see how my writings could be read otherwise.

[...] and get the fuck out of shitcoins, especially since you have already shown that you do not seem to know what the fuck you are doing... [...]

I do not desire to debate that in WO.  It is not the right venue.  I mentioned it in another context, with the rhetorical purpose stated above.  I also mentioned that I did just fine for years, until I tried margin.  Margin wreckage lost me BTC that I had attained from altcoin profits.

I do not recommend altcoin trading to others.  I am not some Twitter-buyer chasing moons, a.k.a. retail fresh meat in the VC slaughterhouse.  There is no “get rich quick”.  Whatever I do requires patience, intelligence, and information not sourced from hot tips on social media.  Elaborating would be off-topic in WO—and I am uninterested in chatting about it, anyway.  But yes, I do know what I am doing.

On a general note, as I have mentioned before, it would be inadvisable to attempt subjecting me to some sort of a Bitcoin purity-test.  I’ll win that one.

[...] even though you do happen to recognize and appreciate bitcoin's bullish case and its fundamentals.. so stay focused there first and don't get distracted into either shitcoins or margin until you get your BTC stash sufficiently rebuilt and maybe even overallocated (which surely could take you 4-10 years if you have already ended up losing a bunch).

This is not the first time that I have rebuilt financially.  Previously, my personal wreckage was caused by severe IRL adversity which was not my fault, which is nobody’s business, and which I do not wish to discuss.  It took me five years of patient effort to rebuild what I just lost.  And this time, it will be harder because BTC is so high—and this time, I wrecked my own damnfool self.  Yes, I know what lies ahead of me.

Sorry.. my patronizing lil selfie could not help but to make some of those commentaries in regards to both your representation of taking responsibility [...]

I don’t know how you misinterpreted that.  Nothing that I have said could be read as other than, “How could I do something so stupid—I messed this up big time!”

I’m sure your patronizing lil selfie read this, since you gave it a merit weeks ago:

To avoid accusations of deficient IQ tantamount to mental retardation, I plead a bout of temporary insanity.  Do I know better than to do this?  Yes, I do.  Why did I do it - why, why, why!?  I have asked myself that many times, after I got in too deeply to get out fast without drastic losses.  Chalk it up to temptation, starting with a little bit of something really safe ("lol, I can survive a crash even to $10k!"), then one thing leading to another as the account spins out of control.

With full gratitude for your earnest attempts to help me get out of a bad situation when it was far too late, I do request that you be more careful in representing what I have written here.  Context is important, and I have never tried to evade responsibility for my own actions.  After all, this is why I am in Bitcoin to begin with:  My money is my money!

Unlike some people in (ahem) the Speculation forum, I was not initially drawn to Bitcoin by the prospect of profits.  I only learned about that part after I was already in BTC.  I am in this first and foremost for principles.  I have a cordial contempt for “Bitcoin investors” who are in it only for the money—cordial, because I appreciate that their investments help to empower my noblest of principles—contempt, because their motives are venal.  I care about Bitcoin.

Naturally, I want for Bitcoin investors to get rich.  It is their condign reward for supporting Bitcoin.  But I know that they do not care for Bitcoin, as I do.

My principles:  I do not want for anyone else to take responsibility for my financial decisions!  That would mean permissioned systems:  Restrictions on how I use “my” money.  KYC to enforce the restrictions.  Limits on how much I can send, and to whom I can send it.  Regulations that restrict profitable opportunities to “accredited investors”.  And so forth...

I doubt I need to underscore my passion and my principled demand for permissionless systems, which by their nature let me mess myself up if I so choose.

Dude you sound so suicidal its sad. I hope you don’t act out your forum name bro or is it sis.
AnotherAlt

Activity: 280
Merit: 259

https://bitcoincleanup.com #EndTheFUD

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 04:32:44 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Heck Yeah, A few months ago, they banned Bitcoin trading, Mining, etc.

Now, Bitcoin is open for international payments in Russia.

Yes, It's happening. It's turning Orange BTC

Source: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/markets/russian-central-bank-open-to-bitcoin-and-crypto-international-payments

#Hodl #Bitcoin-is-Freedom
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 05:01:19 AM

Explanation
death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 05:28:50 AM

I dunno I tried editing the gif in my quote, but all looks correct.
It displays as a link that works in your original post, but I don't think the bbs likes it for whatever reason when it tries to display the actual image.

Thanks for helping out the struggling Newbie!  You show the Bitcoin community spirit which has always made Bitcoin strong.

That’s no empty platitude:  Bitcoin won the Fork Wars because of people who cared.  In my altcoin experience, I have seen up close what happens when almost everyone is driven only by raw greed, and the few exceptions are negligible voices shouting in the wilderness.  Ironically, the hard core of Bitcoiners who care give the strength and stability that makes Bitcoin such a good long-term investment.  Please stick around:  Bitcoin won the Fork Wars, but it needs people like you to stand up for it in against the next round of political, social, and economic attacks.

You did the image just fine.  The continued breakage was my fault.

Since I’m a Newbie, I had entirely forgotten that the Bitcoin Forum’s privacy-protecting image proxy has a 2MB limit.  (I can never remember whether that’s 2,000,000 bytes, or 2,097,152 bytes; a little Newbie help, please?)

This one was just a little bit over that.  I recompressed it, and uploaded it to Imgur.  New image URL.

Animated images are usually frowned upon by the forum, but not strictly forbidden.  This one is classy.  It hereby artistically represents recursion, an important concept in computer science.  I almost never post animations here; it’s not a habit.  And anyway, I’ve seen suchmoon throw down a boatload of crass, exceptionally annoying animated GIFs in one post when it suited her fancy.  What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

The next activity period begins at 2022-06-01T07:53:20Z, only a few hours hence.  If you want to know how to calculate it, I’d be happy to help.  If I make one post after that, then I will be a Jr. Member!  Then, all of my images will retroactively show up in my own posts.

I had considered keeping this as a Newbie account, with no more posts.  A Newbie account with 81 merits!  That’s something special.  Well, too late now—unless I either delete something, which I won’t, or stop posting before the activity rollover.  Anyway, I do want for my first post’s image to show up as a warning to others that they should AVOID MARGIN.

It is a sacred mission, to save precious bitcoins from the cruel claws of liquidator bots—and to stop Bitcoin sinners from getting rekt by their own hands.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 05:32:11 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (10)

https://twitter.com/SwanBitcoin/status/1531719165786169346

ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1512

Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 05:57:38 AM

True, already up 17%. Waiting for that x10 before I even move my BTC.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 06:03:32 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 07:04:54 AM

Explanation
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 07:47:54 AM

Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 08:01:04 AM

I dunno I tried editing the gif in my quote, but all looks correct.
It displays as a link that works in your original post, but I don't think the bbs likes it for whatever reason when it tries to display the actual image.

Thanks for helping out the struggling Newbie!  You show the Bitcoin community spirit which has always made Bitcoin strong.

That’s no empty platitude:  Bitcoin won the Fork Wars because of people who cared.  In my altcoin experience, I have seen up close what happens when almost everyone is driven only by raw greed, and the few exceptions are negligible voices shouting in the wilderness.  Ironically, the hard core of Bitcoiners who care give the strength and stability that makes Bitcoin such a good long-term investment.  Please stick around:  Bitcoin won the Fork Wars, but it needs people like you to stand up for it in against the next round of political, social, and economic attacks.

You did the image just fine.  The continued breakage was my fault.

Since I’m a Newbie, I had entirely forgotten that the Bitcoin Forum’s privacy-protecting image proxy has a 2MB limit.  (I can never remember whether that’s 2,000,000 bytes, or 2,097,152 bytes; a little Newbie help, please?)

This one was just a little bit over that.  I recompressed it, and uploaded it to Imgur.  New image URL.

Animated images are usually frowned upon by the forum, but not strictly forbidden.  This one is classy.  It hereby artistically represents recursion, an important concept in computer science.  I almost never post animations here; it’s not a habit.  And anyway, I’ve seen suchmoon throw down a boatload of crass, exceptionally annoying animated GIFs in one post when it suited her fancy.  What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

The next activity period begins at 2022-06-01T07:53:20Z, only a few hours hence.  If you want to know how to calculate it, I’d be happy to help.  If I make one post after that, then I will be a Jr. Member!  Then, all of my images will retroactively show up in my own posts.

I had considered keeping this as a Newbie account, with no more posts.  A Newbie account with 81 merits!  That’s something special.  Well, too late now—unless I either delete something, which I won’t, or stop posting before the activity rollover.  Anyway, I do want for my first post’s image to show up as a warning to others that they should AVOID MARGIN.

It is a sacred mission, to save precious bitcoins from the cruel claws of liquidator bots—and to stop Bitcoin sinners from getting rekt by their own hands.

I dunno man, tried the new imgur link and still no likey the cool clock in a clock in a clock in a clock gif. Sucks, cuz it really is a kinda nifty gif. Kinda like the dogfood can label in the old movie/animation "Waterbabies" with a picture of a dog holding up a can of dogfood with a picture of a dog holding up a can of dogfood with picture of a dog .. ahh fuckit you get the point.

In the section you posted that I bolded , you touched on a point that I have been pondering a good bit lately. The fact that a great majority of the governance problems we have in the world are based on the simple but often ignored fact that a majority of peeps are really "good" in nature. Laws are passed and restrictions put in place to try to "fix" the problems caused by the small percentage of narcissistic psychopaths that totally ignore the inconvenience of laws anyway!
I mean, really, if you just tell the world, from a young age throughout their lives, that it's really not good to pick your nose... in general  the majority of peeps are gonna make a sincere effort to avoid picking their nose. (or at least do ot when nobody is around to catch them)
The ones that don't, the ones that are not affected by laws, legislation, and social norms are gonna end up generally frowned on and shunned by society (because who the hell wants to be associated with a nose picker) so that their numbers are limited due to the simple fact that it's not a good strategy for advancing oneself in social environs.
BUT!!! If you make a law with punitive enforcement measures and place closed caption cameras everywhere to catch and punish all the nose pickers everywhere... you just end up with a lot of people being restricted and punished while the small percentage who don't give a fuck are still picking their noses and now eating the proceeds to boot!!! Because if everyone is a criminal then Noone is a criminal. (The antithesis of "If everyone is a super-hero, then there are no super'heros")

Bitcoin is onto this concept in it's raw, unrestricted form. Good bad or indifferent it gives everyone control of their own destiny. Granted if you're a fuckup that uses leverage to greedily grab more than you can afford, you'll likely be slapped down. (Don't know any of those types, do we) And likewise if you're a dumbass that can't take simple measures to store your coins safely in an off-line wallet, remember your key without posting it on a 10' x 25' billboard on the interstate... things might not go well for you. But if you're part of the great majority that generally avoids picking their nose... life can be pretty good!

When are we ever gonna learn, as a society in general, that peeps are good if you just leave them the fuck alone! Maybe a good first step would be to stop putting the narcissistic psychopath nose pickers in charge so that they can project their restrictions on the rest of us... maybe?

[drunken ramblings ended for tonight]
Pages: « 1 ... 30640 30641 30642 30643 30644 30645 30646 30647 30648 30649 30650 30651 30652 30653 30654 30655 30656 30657 30658 30659 30660 30661 30662 30663 30664 30665 30666 30667 30668 30669 30670 30671 30672 30673 30674 30675 30676 30677 30678 30679 30680 30681 30682 30683 30684 30685 30686 30687 30688 30689 [30690] 30691 30692 30693 30694 30695 30696 30697 30698 30699 30700 30701 30702 30703 30704 30705 30706 30707 30708 30709 30710 30711 30712 30713 30714 30715 30716 30717 30718 30719 30720 30721 30722 30723 30724 30725 30726 30727 30728 30729 30730 30731 30732 30733 30734 30735 30736 30737 30738 30739 30740 ... 33326 »
  Print  

Jump to: