May 05, 2024, 06:55:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30627 30628 30629 30630 30631 30632 30633 30634 30635 30636 30637 30638 30639 30640 30641 30642 30643 30644 30645 30646 30647 30648 30649 30650 30651 30652 30653 30654 30655 30656 30657 30658 30659 30660 30661 30662 30663 30664 30665 30666 30667 30668 30669 30670 30671 30672 30673 30674 30675 30676 [30677] 30678 30679 30680 30681 30682 30683 30684 30685 30686 30687 30688 30689 30690 30691 30692 30693 30694 30695 30696 30697 30698 30699 30700 30701 30702 30703 30704 30705 30706 30707 30708 30709 30710 30711 30712 30713 30714 30715 30716 30717 30718 30719 30720 30721 30722 30723 30724 30725 30726 30727 ... 33323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372264 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 01:01:20 AM

Explanation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 02:04:54 AM

Explanation
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1826
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 03:00:57 AM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

ps- shoot me in the face
Be careful what you wish for... there's Bawb lurking here.. somewhere... #nohomo  Grin

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 03:03:33 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 04:01:19 AM

Explanation
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 04:59:54 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (3), JayJuanGee (1), Torque (1)

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 05:03:27 AM

Explanation
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1853
Merit: 2841

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 05:46:16 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2022, 02:05:37 PM by ivomm
Merited by hugeblack (4), El duderino_ (4), JayJuanGee (2), Torque (2), vapourminer (1), Hueristic (1), AlcoHoDL (1), DdmrDdmr (1), bitebits (1)

The elevated long leverage mixed with the overhanging ETH locked in 2.0 and the mtgox coins are still keeping this market down.  The support at $28K is looking more and more exhausted as it continues to be tested.  I think there's a strong likelihood that the price will retest the recent lows in the $26K range.  Hopefully that will liquidate some of the long leverage and bring the market into a healthier position to begin building support for the next wave of BTC to crash down onto it.

Interesting, but I interpret the current situation in exactly the opposite way. Never ever in the history of BTCitcoin a dump of eth has caused a dump of BTC. Then why should it happen now? It makes no sense. Besides, in August eth will probably switch to POS, meaning that the issuance of eth will be reduced significantly, hence less dump. Regarding Mtgox coins, I haven't seen any news about this event for months. I doubt that there is any reliable new information, except fake news. This still can go for years and it is improbable to think that 100K BTCitcoins will be released and dumped at once like terra's flop. This will happen eventually in small numers and won't affect the market.

Of course, FUD including mtgox, WW3, new pandemics, etc. can do a temporarily harm to the price, but this has always been that way. This is what we call a black swan event - not related to the market dynamics in any way.

And finally about the 28K support. When the asset is oversold it is the sellers who are exhausted, not the buyers. Remember that BTCitcoin supply is limited - may be only 2-3 million coins are liquid, the remaining is in cold storage and not likely to be sold under 100K, let alone at these low prices. The volume in the last months on all exchanges is near this number, so I don't expect anything dramatic to happen. According to Glassnode stats most of the sold coins are coming from the new investors with less that 1 year coins who realized their loss, the so called short term hodlers (STH) capitulation. To be precise, Glassnode calls STH those who posses coins less than 6 months old, but we can safely extend this term to less that 1 year old coins. In this way, may be less than 1% are sold by LTH in the last 6 months. LTH are known to sell only for goods and estate, not for fiat in the banks. It is pity that almost all STH failed, but this is only their fault. BTCitcoin is not get-quickly-rich shitcoin and anyone who treats it like this will be burned.

The only thing that delays the recovery is the fact that we have 9 consecutive red weeks. And nobody wants to buy big numbers until there is at least 2-3 green weeks signalling the possible bottom. So, most peeps are just waiting for this red thingy to end to start investing again. Judging by the lack of volume in leveraged longs on all exchanges except BFX, I think this red trend will either end this week or in 1-2 weeks max. Speaking of BFX longs, they haven't been an issue for the last years. BFX traders are quite experienced and they don't gamble as much as the n00bs in Binance, Bitmex, etc. I've seen many crashes 40%+ in the last 5 years, and very few longs were liquidated in BFX, which means they are better funded or low leveraged.
death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 05:55:35 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

I am so far behind on WO, no way I will ever catch up.  Sorry, all.  Trying to survive here.

This stuck in my mind from last time I was here:

Will they go after Coinbase next?

If they could bankrupt Coinbase and cause all holders in Coinbase to loose their coin in the BK liquidation, that could also be a major blow to crypto/Bitcoin..

I doubt it.  Coinbase is one of "them", as you put it.  Not that that protects idiots who keep coins on Coinbase - not at all!  But they probably don't want to wipe out Coinbase itself.

The rest of your post is vastly underrated, so I will try to do it justice.

They are in hyperinflation..
They are afraid..
Bitcoin is their biggest competitor..

It's that, and more.

The "wrong people" can have money now.  Depriving ordinary people of access to liquid capital has been ongoing for decades.  Bitcoin interrupted the trend.  People nowadays have no idea what "middle class" used to mean - never mind what has happened to the working class.

Worst of all:  Financial freedom.  Decentralized.  Permissionless.  Uncontrollable.  Be Your Own Bank.  Will "they" accept that?

A form of money they can't control, which was created without their permission, which competes with them.  Not allowed!

What would be your next move if you were “them”?

eddie, I began writing something long about this over two weeks ago.  No time to finish it - no time still.

Compressed version:

OK, let's talk dystopian fiction.  To write a best-selling dystopian fiction novel here, I imagine this:  If I were the Fed, the big banks, Blackrock, Citadel, Wall Street, plus the CIA and all other alphabet soup, blah blah blah, then how would I destroy Bitcoin?  I'm getting upset, since Bitcoin not only survived the attack of the Fork Wars, but emerged bigger and stronger.  The dollar is the source of my power, and it is my greatest weapon.

When I put on my Evil Hat(TM), I see in the hypothetical an economic attack that goes A, B, C:

A. Bull traps.  Destroying long-term confidence in BTC needs not one big crash, but a series of fake recoveries followed by worse crashes, false hopes, broken dreams.  This is psychological warfare as much as economic warfare.  We now have memes about "Slaying of a Bearwhale", Honey Badger - a common belief that BTC always recovers and goes up.  Evil Hat wants to replace that with a popular belief that "what goes up, must come down".

Evil Hat(TM) wants to break all long-term uppitiness in Bitcoin, shatter all long-term trends, smash the 200 WMA line.  Ultimately, it wants to throw BTC into a death-spiral that only bottoms out when 10k BTC buys 2 pizzas again.

This cannot be done with one simple crash.  Contra proudhon, math and science prove that BTC's natural price is very high:  To suppress it and destroy it permanently, Evil Hat(TM) needs the magnitude of long-term, grand-scale economic manipulation that bigbanks usually apply to destroying any large, powerful nations that they dislike.

After extended torture and destruction of the BTC market, "they" consign Bitcoin to the lessons for schoolchildren about tulip bulbs, Pets.com stock, and so forth.  Don't you know, we need King Daddy Fed, ECB, et al.  If you want "crypto", don't worry:  King Daddy Fed will give you "crypto".

"They" bless Circle, so USDC is legit "crypto" for you.  It is a de facto CBDC - already here, and you were too dumb to notice.  Muahahaha!  Oh fork, did I just say something that is reality, and already an accomplished fact?  Sorry.  Ahem.  Back to fiction.

Evil Hat also wants to avoid opening an easy way for small traders to profit from a reliable short.  The market needs to stay unpredictable.  Fake little recoveries prevent undercapitalized, naive shorts from profiting too much.

Meanwhile, my Dystopian Fiction Evil Hat's supervillain teams of Blackrock/Citadel quants with blackbox algorithms, $billions, and >100k BTC in starting inventory always keep money in motion.  Evil Hat can ride this thing all the way down, while pushing it down - extracting dollars by shorting every mini-top that they cause by pumping in some dollars at a mini-bottom, then buying back the BTC in the crash that they themselves cause.  Thus, "they" will always wind up with both more dollars (which "they" created anyway; but "they" must prevent the value from escaping to others), and more BTC (which "they" want to devalue altogether).

B. Knock Tether off its peg.  Maybe "they" already tried, a few weeks ago when USDT dipped under $0.95 very briefly.  Tether people are not Terra!  They are smart, they have backing funds, and they know they must defend their peg.  But if any weakness could be found in that peg...  I do not want to FUD the Bitcoin market by discussing hypotheticals of what would happen if Tether suddenly died.  Nor do I want to discuss what Evil Hat(TM) imagines Tether's potential weaknesses could be - what dirty tricks my dystopian nightmare supervillains could play to crack Tether.

C. Systematically annihilate the altcoin markets.  A few thoughtless types of Bitcoiners would cheer for this.  They would not pause to contemplate the fact that capital flows between Bitcoin and altcoins are bidirectional - and in many circumstances, more capital flows towards Bitcoin than away from it.  More to the point here, altcoins suck capital away from BTC during bull runs - blunting the stupidly wild blow-off top spikes we don't need anyway - but BTC sucks capital away from alts during crashes, and this helps to support the BTC price when it most needs support.

Among other effects - in summary - burning the altcoin markets to the ground would deprive Bitcoin leveraged longs of emergency capital reserves held in alts, thus worsening and deepening the BTC cascading liquidations.*  And the altcoin markets are so much more vulnerable to begin with.

There is more to it - much more - but this is the wrong venue to write what is assuredly, indubitably, absolutely only a fictional tall tale, anyway.  Let's leave it at this:  As part of a comprehensive strategy to target Bitcoin, Evil Hat points to the weaker altcoin markets and says, "Strike here!"

(What do alts look like right now?)

D. Do Kwon.  Whoops.  Did I say "A, B, C"?  That was a copypaste from a draft I wrote weeks ago while fictionally drunk, living in a real dystopian nightmare.

That was before Do Kwon decided to steal the money of everyone who rushed in to defend Terra when it was on its deathbed - before he centrally commanded a contentious hardfork to suck value out of bagholders into his and his cronies' pockets, and executed the fork in 10 days from announcement to fork time (wtf!?!?!) - also before the evidence came out that seems to indicate that LFG probably dumped its BTC to bail out a few insider-trading whales, then let the whole system collapse while everyone else took the hit.  (I am cautious, when the dust has not yet settled.  "What the hell did they really do with the BTC and its proceeds?" remains a question.  But if they did what it looks like they probably did, then that means I lost my BTC to liquidation in a market crash created by a swindler to protect his pals. Cry)

Do Kwon has done everything as wrongly as he can, to make bad into worse and kill any chance of an organic recovery.  He has violated so many laws, openly and wantonly, it's amazing he is not in jail - things that would get you or me arrested in three seconds for $1000, he does in broad daylight for $billions, and continues to do.

Mr eddie cypherpunk man, no, I am not crying "oh noes, call the police":  I am wondering why when there are multiple high-level police investigations in multiple countries, he goes ahead and openly steals fantastic amounts of money.  It's as if nobody can stop him!  And this is not only "crypto law" he is violating - let's start with "don't steal" and "don't commit fraud".  I think it's bizarre.  It sort of reminds me of Craig Wright.  Is he untouchable?  If CIA Gavin pops up his head from Ethland and solemnly swears he verified that Do Kwon is the real Satoshi Nakamoto, I will shit a brick not be surprised - nothing surprises me anymore - it is all so surreal, it feels to the observer like Alice in Nightmareland.

Evil Hat(TM) has some wild thoughts for its dystopian fictional nightmare.  If Evil Hat(TM) really wanted to destroy all Bitcoin, all cryptocurrency, all concept of permissionless money, then Evil Hat(TM) imagines creating a character just like Do Kwon as a gift to Janet Yellen.

Disaster made to order.  Preplanned from AtoZ.  Create Terra as a Judas Goat for permissionless-money idealists, then use it as a lever to destroy all permissionless money.  Prime target:  Bitcoin.

You know that tweet where Do Kwon explicitly invited billionaires to attack the UST peg?  In my dystopian fiction, he really was asking for it!  It was a public joke played out between insiders in a grand plan, muahahaha!

Make the public hate all "crypto" except USDC, love the dollar, beg for regulations and laws and massive crackdowns.  Do Kwon is doing a perfect job for that.  Oh fork, am I talking fiction or reality?

And now, I will make Evil Hat(TM) STFU because it's beginning to rant like a real LUNAtic.  Even fiction needs to be plausible - to keep the reader's suspension of disbelief.  LOL.  Forget everything I just said.  It's too strange for fiction.

In reality, of course, it's entirely possible that Do Kwon is merely driven by a combination of greed and stupidity to do exactly absolutely everything that makes the public case for Yellen, et al.

(NOTE:  I will always stand up for the principles that I expressed in my prior post about Terra.  They are the principles that Do Kwon betrayed when he decided to hardfork what turns out to be a ridiculously centralized blockchain, openly renounce the obligations of the UST peg, rip off everyone who most believed in Terra at its worst moment, and play some of the worst possible shitcoin shellgames to divert value according to his own wishes.)

This list could be continued a bit - probably to around X, Y, Z.  But I need to think, and exercise some discretion; my Evil Hat is too scary.

* death_wish removes his Evil Hat, and shivers.

These are not new thoughts.  For years, I have expected a large-scale economic attack on Bitcoin.

For years, I was proud to hold BTC only in my own wallet.

For months, I have been pathetically wailing to myself:  Why, why, why did I play with margin!?

For the past few weeks, I have been adding:  And why did it have to be now!?  I immediately apperceived this as an economic attack on May 5, when the BTC chart started to look weird as hell - May 5, right after the big Fed meeting - May 5, when Terra still looked healthy.  From May 5 until Terra started imploding, the BTC chart looked... unnatural to me.  After the initial spectacular crash, it spent days moving down in neat increments - cleanly and inexorably as if an autistic bear with OCD had total, absolute dictatorial control of the BTC price.

Now, unless I want to live up to my username, I should desist from telling tales of WOe, and go back to that "surviving" thing.  Maybe a few little posts first - other random things I noticed.

* Relevant disclosure:  I am still in a situation where my remaining fraction of a BTC is at high risk - and I can't even pay off debt to free it, because my remaining scraps of alts are so low.  If I were to try, I would risk being left flat broke with zero.  And yes, even though >99.9% of alts give the rest a bad name, I even like some altcoins.  BTC is #1 - my first love, and the greatest because it is the freest, most decentralized, most secure.  That's why I sacrificed almost everything else struggling to save my BTC!  That is why, over the years, I have sucked plenty of capital out of altcoin markets to take profits in BTC.  But I do not need anyone's permission to have other money; and I am not interested in the types of arguments that come off like a jealous girlfriend throwing a hissy fit.
P.S., apropos nothing, fork Solana - fork it with a big red candlestick!  It brings some some good tech ideas, and puts them in service of extreme corruption.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 06:01:25 AM

Explanation
death_wish

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 06:21:15 AM
Merited by Macadonian (1)

The elevated long leverage mixed with the overhanging ETH locked in 2.0 and the mtgox coins are still keeping this market down.  The support at $28K is looking more and more exhausted as it continues to be tested.  I think there's a strong likelihood that the price will retest the recent lows in the $26K range.  Hopefully that will liquidate some of the long leverage and bring the market into a healthier position to begin building support for the next wave of BTC to crash down onto it.

Yo, big fan of yours here.  (Technically not a NastyFan, but a longtime admirer of some stuff you've done.  OK, I am partly saying that just to taunt some of the freaks-with-no-lives who have made petty forum careers out of obsessively trolling you, and who decided to insult me gratuitously for no reason whatsoever; but I'm sure you don't mind that, either!)

Is there any actual information about the Gox coins?  I infer not.  I have searched high and low myself.  Indeed, although I've seen you keep posting about it for months, I can't really seem to find much other recent info at all.

It's tough to discuss, because I don't want to sow discord in the already-tumultuous markets by suggesting any stupid rumors.  Let's just say that eddie13 inspired me to write a dystopian novel, and I am doing research for plausible fictional scenarios.

My Evil Hat is wondering where, in the hypothetical, certain parties could privately borrow >100k BTC at low rates on favorable terms.  Just for an off-the-cuff example of what I mean by that:  I imagine that the maniacally laughing Blackrock/Citadel supervillains in tuxedos and tophats may wish to pay interest in dollars, not BTC.

BTC is usually protected against extreme short attacks due to its supply limitations.  It's not like dollars, which can be made up out of of thin air.  To short a huge amount of BTC, you need to borrow coins that actually exist, from people who actually have them.  But if you want to borrow 100k BTC in one big chunk, and use it for an extended series of market-trashing short games, then usually, I'd expect that you're creating the conditions to short-squeeze yourself:  Pushing up BTC interest rates, pushing up demand.  Anyway, that is how I tend to think it would play out—usually.

I can think of only two potential places to borrow such a big block of BTC from people who really may not mind letting you play with it for a long time:  Gox coins, and Bitfinex hack coins.  There may be others I have no idea about; that's what comes to mind, and Gox coins seem more likely.  Bitfinex themselves would not want to see the BTC market trashed!  But bankruptcy trustees and such are essentially beholden to government interests, and probably have those sorts of connections.  In my wildly implausible fiction, anyway.

(If anyone takes this seriously enough to start a stupid rumor, then I will add space aliens and serial-killer clowns to make my scenario more obviously hypothetical.)

So...  Is there any actual information about the Gox coins?  At least enough to assess the plausibility of this scenario?

Thx.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 06:30:34 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (4), xhomerx10 (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Dude. Grow some balls and dump your fiat, alts, sell the furniture, whatever. And buy bitcoin outright. You can thank the WO later for the financial advise.
Franctoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 546

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 06:45:10 AM

The elevated long leverage mixed with the overhanging ETH locked in 2.0 and the mtgox coins are still keeping this market down.

Not at all , Rather Fed interest rate increase and geopolitical tensions.

Fed clearly printing 40% more money than was in circulation in the first place was a little too much and now they're really struggling to take it off the blansheet

So there are two things they can't change,

1.The can't change the global supply problem for hydrocarbons which has been upon call it a decade of bad policy  and

2.They can't change the price of foods, so we're going to see the prices of foods and energy much higher over the next year.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 07:04:53 AM

Explanation
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2022, 07:30:05 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The elevated long leverage mixed with the overhanging ETH locked in 2.0 and the mtgox coins are still keeping this market down.  The support at $28K is looking more and more exhausted as it continues to be tested.  I think there's a strong likelihood that the price will retest the recent lows in the $26K range.  Hopefully that will liquidate some of the long leverage and bring the market into a healthier position to begin building support for the next wave of BTC to crash down onto it.

Interesting, but I interpret the current situation in exactly the opposite way. Never ever in the history of BTCitcoin a dump of eth has cased a dump of BTC. Then why should it happen now? It makes no sense. Besides, in August eth will probably switch to POS, meaning that the issuance of eth will be reduced significantly, hence less dump. Regarding Mtgox coins, I haven't seen any news about this event for months. I doubt that there is any reliable new information, except fake news. This still can go for years and it is improbable to think that 100K BTCitcoin will be released and dumped at once like terra's flop. This will happen eventually in small numers and won't affect the market.

Of course, FUD including mtgox, WW3 war, new pandemics, etc. can do a temporarily harm to the price, but this has always been that way. This is what we call a black swan event - not related to the market dynamics in any way.

And finally about the 28K support. When the asset is oversold it is the sellers who are exhausted, not the buyers. Remember that BTCitcoin supply is limited - may be only 2-3 million coins are liquid, the remaining is in cold storage and not likely to be sold under 100K, let alone at these low prices. The volume in the last months on all exchanges is near this number, so I don't expect anything dramatic to happen. According to Glassnode stats most of the sold coins are coming from the new investors with less that 1 year coins who realized their loss, the so called short term hodlers (STH) capitulation. To be precise, Glassnode calls STH those who posses coins less than 6 months old, but we can safely extend this term to less that 1 year old coins. In this way, may be less than 1% are sold by LTH in the last 6 months. LTH are known to sell only for goods and estate, not for fiat in the banks. It is pity that almost all STH failed, but this is only their fault. BTCitcoin is not get-quickly-rich shitcoin and anyone who treats it like this will be burned.

The only thing that delays the recovery is the fact that we have 9 consecutive red weeks. And nobody wants to buy big numbers until there is at least 2-3 green weeks signalling the possible bottom. So, most peeps are just waiting for this red thingy to end to start investing again. Judging by the lack of volume in leveraged longs on all exchanges except BFX, I think this red trend will either end this week or in 1-2 weeks max. Speaking of BFX longs, they haven't been an issue for the last years. BFX traders are quite experienced and they don't gamble as much as the n00bs in Binance, Bitmex, etc. I've watched many crashes 40%+ in the last 5 years, and very few longs were liquidated in BFX, which means they are better funded or low leveraged.

I mostly agree, but the fact that we had 9 weeks of 'down' is in fact bullish. Not many will dare to short right now and the longer it continues the more scared they will be. Well, unless Bitcoin is dead obviously  Grin

As to FUD: do you remember times when we had no FUD? I mean that MtGox FUD is dragging behind us since at least what? 2017? Or even before that?

And last but not least: what makes me most optimistic is that if we had no blowoff top, there's a fair chance we won't have a 80% drop. After all, it not only the bulls who can get screwed.  Grin  If most of the crypto (sorry Jay I deserve a batslap I know  Grin) world awaits "moar down", "$20k" etc why don't we get some healthy "up" instead?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 08:04:53 AM

Explanation
death_wish

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 08:29:38 AM

Dude. Grow some balls and dump your fiat, alts, sell the furniture, whatever. And buy bitcoin outright. You can thank the WO later for the financial advise.

Based on comically wrong assumptions, you mouth off thoughtless canned groupthink to strangers on the Internet in a way that insults their intelligence and their manhood, so that you can feel good about yourself.  Get a life, and also learn some grammar:  "Advice" is the noun.  "Advise" is the verb.  HTH.

If I were to follow your financial advice, which you clearly marked as unqualified “financial advise [sic]”, then I would be placing myself at extreme risk of bankruptcy and total destitution.

It is the usual Internet advice, worth every sat that I paid for it.  It is so wildly inapplicable to my situation that I just went back through three pages of WO, to see if you could have been replying to anyone else - looking for some new STH who bought BTC on margin chasing moons, and is now all scared about protecting his bank balance.  LOL.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 08:41:14 AM

Hi, diplovers  Grin

Just returned from the most expensive short vacation ever. No, it wasn't Japan. Just a quick four hour drive over the border to the sea.
On the way back, the motherfucking car broke down on the highway!!!  Undecided
First i thought a heavy chopper was flying in low altitude over us, which isn't uncommon near a NATO base, but then i missed the Doppler effect, so i slowed down, and the chopper noise did too  Shocked Fuck! I immediately stopped and then i could hear one of the cylinders blowing off air, and we could smell exhaust gas through the AC air outlets.
Got the car tied away, with us six passengers inside, because the driver of the tow truck said it's a pretty dangerous spot to be in as foreigners, so he took us to the next service area station. We called a cab to bring us to the border, where we were picked up by a friend, so we paid only half of what we would if the cabby would have taken us home.
I suggest a broken glow plug, which the car mechanic couldn't remove at the last repair, finally fell into the cylinder. That would make a nice four figures repair bill.
My only hope is that the damn thing was loosened and blown out by the compressed air (it's a diesel engine), or it broke into tiny pieces when hitting the piston, which were blown outside, finally before damaging the cylinder wall.

More info on monday, when the engine will be inspected.
Shit happens. Life goes on.

The good news:
I sitll didn't sell a satoshi.
Insurance extended my sickness benefit for another year.

"dangerous spot to be in as foreigners" Where on earth are you? I didn't know such spots even existed in Europe today.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2896

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 08:42:18 AM

Tip:

https://twitter.com/binance/status/1530821262804754432?s=21
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 08:51:21 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gQOAkzf7gw

Have a Calm morning Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 30627 30628 30629 30630 30631 30632 30633 30634 30635 30636 30637 30638 30639 30640 30641 30642 30643 30644 30645 30646 30647 30648 30649 30650 30651 30652 30653 30654 30655 30656 30657 30658 30659 30660 30661 30662 30663 30664 30665 30666 30667 30668 30669 30670 30671 30672 30673 30674 30675 30676 [30677] 30678 30679 30680 30681 30682 30683 30684 30685 30686 30687 30688 30689 30690 30691 30692 30693 30694 30695 30696 30697 30698 30699 30700 30701 30702 30703 30704 30705 30706 30707 30708 30709 30710 30711 30712 30713 30714 30715 30716 30717 30718 30719 30720 30721 30722 30723 30724 30725 30726 30727 ... 33323 »
  Print  

Jump to: