May 09, 2024, 07:51:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 5749 5750 5751 [5752] 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 5784 5785 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 5791 5792 5793 5794 5795 5796 5797 5798 5799 5800 5801 5802 ... 33335 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26380697 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:13:10 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_costs

FWIW, I think bitcoin is really under-priced right now, but I also know that Keynes was right when he said that markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent. I need to position myself to take advantage of that irrationality should it continue rather than be at it's mercy.

Honestly... if you have to "tell people"... then you might be the only one with that thought. (true or not)

Buy what you can. If others believe it, they will buy too. If they don't buy... then you might be wrong...

Though, in additional honesty... All coins are under-valued. The act of telling people is as useless as yelling at the TV to make your football team play better.

The problem isn't that people don't want to buy a valuable coin. The problem is simply that people want quick returns, with high value. Value is mostly determined by loss, with all coins. Fastest way to add value is to take it from others. (Theft, loss, taxes and mining operating-expense is where these coins get the primary value.)

Without loss, a dollar is always equal to a dollar. Nothing more, nothing less. (Only a dollar is never actually worth a dollar, ever, thus it is in perpetual loss. Creating the illusion of increased value. Reality is, you get less and less each passing. Just like a coin...)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10230

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:17:10 PM

There are many ways to manipulate a market, but the ultimate enemy of a manipulator is time. If you have the patience, price will always return to it's real value. If it doesn't return ,then by definition it's not manipulation.

What really worries me is the talk of the bulls on this thread. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_costs.  The sunken cost fallacy is a real observed market phenomenon.
Most of you have not had to hold an underwater bitcoin position for years. I have. It was not a smart thing to do. It was an act of faith. How strong is your bitcoin faith? The market will test you.

Bitcoin isn't dead. Not even close, but if you don't think it's even possible to get much much worse before it gets better, then I can assure you it can. With all the talk about Gox and China, what worries me is if some other completely unrelated disaster happens before we've recovered. Bad guys don't play fair. They will kick you when you're down. They are out there. I'm intentionally being discouraging right now. It's better to get out now if you're going to get out than to hold on until you can't hold on any longer.  Bitcoin doesn't need you to go broke for the cause. Honey Badger don't care.

NOT causing me to sell. 

I will wait it out and keep buying BTC as the prices go down to $200 or even lower...  but I tend to doubt the likelihood of that $200 scenario - even though I agree with you that such a scenario is possible.
Zule

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:22:40 PM

There are many ways to manipulate a market, but the ultimate enemy of a manipulator is time. If you have the patience, price will always return to it's real value. If it doesn't return ,then by definition it's not manipulation.

What really worries me is the talk of the bulls on this thread. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_costs.  The sunken cost fallacy is a real observed market phenomenon.
Most of you have not had to hold an underwater bitcoin position for years. I have. It was not a smart thing to do. It was an act of faith. How strong is your bitcoin faith? The market will test you.

Bitcoin isn't dead. Not even close, but if you don't think it's even possible to get much much worse before it gets better, then I can assure you it can. With all the talk about Gox and China, what worries me is if some other completely unrelated disaster happens before we've recovered. Bad guys don't play fair. They will kick you when you're down. They are out there. I'm intentionally being discouraging right now. It's better to get out now if you're going to get out than to hold on until you can't hold on any longer.  Bitcoin doesn't need you to go broke for the cause. Honey Badger don't care.
If you acted like a responsible person you wouldnt invest more than you felt comfortable loosing in a ultra high risk venture. That said, all the drama with sunk cost and market testing FUD wouldnt be so hard on you, you could just sit back and take a sneak peak once a week/month.
Another thing too, I dont take any advice from users with begging addresses, and I suggest the same to others
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:24:36 PM

Not quite. Miners will do whatever gives more benefit to themselves.  Is the 21 million BTC cap good for them?
Yes, it is.  Without it, their BTC would become worthless.

I'm quite sure that BTC will be destroyed by miners one day, not because it is in their interest, but because people do things which are against their own interests.  But that will not happen before we can switch to a more distributed protocol with higher immunity.
What will this protocol look like? Less mining pools? Can't we just patch Bitcoin?
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:33:20 PM

Breaking news from the International Olympic Committee: Bitcoin has been clocked running the 440 in 5 days.
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:41:12 PM

Everybody relax BTC is fine and just going through the motions of growth.... we have seen a nice landing and leveling/cooling off period and I'm sure its getting ready to rebound Smiley don't ask me how I know cause I can't explain it...lol,,, sorry no charts here
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 10:50:09 PM

If you acted like a responsible person you wouldnt invest more than you felt comfortable loosing in a ultra high risk venture. That said, all the drama with sunk cost and market testing FUD wouldnt be so hard on you, you could just sit back and take a sneak peak once a week/month.
Another thing too, I dont take any advice from users with begging addresses, and I suggest the same to others

Are waitresses beggars? If you like what you read, feel free to tip or not. Such hostility. Must have hit a nerve. If I acted like a responsible person, I wouldn't have tens of thousands of dollars in my trading account. I thought I explained that. You are correct that it's an ultra high risk venture and my advice is worth what you paid for it. I'm just a guy with a point of view worth no more or less than any given other. Peace, Bro.
ampere9765

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 10:53:04 PM

Dude stop taking it so personally when people think the price might go down

It's so painful watching you guys squirm
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:00:28 PM

Explanation
Zule

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:00:37 PM

Dude stop taking it so personally when people think the price might go down

It's so painful watching you guys squirm
Im not taking it personally because i got no btc, im waiting to buy, but it gets on my nerve when people talk like they know shit for certain, and as a rule that kind of people always say its going down, so you got the impression that I have a problem with the price movement.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:03:08 PM

Are waitresses beggars? If you like what you read, feel free to tip or not. Such hostility. Must have hit a nerve. If I acted like a responsible person, I wouldn't have tens of thousands of dollars in my trading account. I thought I explained that. You are correct that it's an ultra high risk venture and my advice is worth what you paid for it. I'm just a guy with a point of view worth no more or less than any given other. Peace, Bro.

So, what's your position (in total, I mean) these days, if you don't mind the question? Less than 50% of total USD value in BTC, or more?
ampere9765

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:08:51 PM

but it gets on my nerve when people talk like they know shit for certain, and as a rule that kind of people always say its going down,

You must be new here
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 11:13:07 PM

So, what's your position (in total, I mean) these days, if you don't mind the question? Less than 50% of total USD value in BTC, or more?

My trading account is 99% fiat. It was a fraction of my bitcoin holdings, although I'm not a whale. I have less than 1000 BTC.   I started buying in 2011 and my average buy in is <$40. The first BTC I bought was for $5.90, but I lost some when Trade Hill, Bitmarket.eu and bitoption.com failed. That's as much as I care to disclose.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 11:14:26 PM

I heard tomorro price will skyrocket to the moon. (~110099$) - it is because China will ban bitcoin 8th time this month and all people of China will migrate to USA and buy all bitcoins! Smiley I dunno why - read it on www.thisisimpossible.com Cheesy

And to be honest - I am worried to this little drop today ... as I need to sell some BTC and pay bills Cheesy
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:32:17 PM

I heard tomorro price will skyrocket to the moon. (~110099$) - it is because China will ban bitcoin 8th time this month and all people of China will migrate to USA and buy all bitcoins! Smiley I dunno why - read it on www.thisisimpossible.com Cheesy

And to be honest - I am worried to this little drop today ... as I need to sell some BTC and pay bills Cheesy
You got the "pay bills" part right!  Wink

I only sell out of necessity lol
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:36:27 PM

You got the "pay bills" part right!  Wink

I only sell out for necessititties Wink

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:41:35 PM

You got the "pay bills" part right!  Wink

I only sell out for necessititties Wink

and that to lol necessititties

I think the one on the left is one of my ex's I recognize the tattoo  Grin
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:56:13 PM

"Hi everyone,

On other news, you will see in the Withdraw page that we added the possibility for you to lock a withdrawal address for Bitcoin or Litecoin, by checking the relevant checkbox "Lock withdrawal address". If you do, you will not be able to withdraw to any other address.
Please note that to modify a locked withdrawal address, you will have to contact us.

Let me know if you have any more questions and have a good day
Raphael
Bitfinex team"

At least some progess to secure the traders.

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 11:57:47 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 01:16:14 AM by billyjoeallen

Possible inverted head and shoulders forming on the stamp 15 minute chart.

EDIT: nope.  The leak in the dam is getting bigger.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:00:28 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 5702 5703 5704 5705 5706 5707 5708 5709 5710 5711 5712 5713 5714 5715 5716 5717 5718 5719 5720 5721 5722 5723 5724 5725 5726 5727 5728 5729 5730 5731 5732 5733 5734 5735 5736 5737 5738 5739 5740 5741 5742 5743 5744 5745 5746 5747 5748 5749 5750 5751 [5752] 5753 5754 5755 5756 5757 5758 5759 5760 5761 5762 5763 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 5770 5771 5772 5773 5774 5775 5776 5777 5778 5779 5780 5781 5782 5783 5784 5785 5786 5787 5788 5789 5790 5791 5792 5793 5794 5795 5796 5797 5798 5799 5800 5801 5802 ... 33335 »
  Print  

Jump to: