May 13, 2024, 11:07:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7634 7635 7636 7637 7638 7639 7640 7641 7642 7643 7644 7645 7646 7647 7648 7649 7650 7651 7652 7653 7654 7655 7656 7657 7658 7659 7660 7661 7662 7663 7664 7665 7666 7667 7668 7669 7670 7671 7672 7673 7674 7675 7676 7677 7678 7679 7680 7681 7682 7683 [7684] 7685 7686 7687 7688 7689 7690 7691 7692 7693 7694 7695 7696 7697 7698 7699 7700 7701 7702 7703 7704 7705 7706 7707 7708 7709 7710 7711 7712 7713 7714 7715 7716 7717 7718 7719 7720 7721 7722 7723 7724 7725 7726 7727 7728 7729 7730 7731 7732 7733 7734 ... 33346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26382605 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:42:28 AM

Gotta love the smell of panic in the morning.

Capitulation?  No.  Dip..?  Yep.

'The end'?  Oh please, get a grip!

Buying - looking nice and cheap to me.  Accumulation is the game, play it.  The big money is.

Fair enough. This is the best level to accumulate at, though? I could see it as a good long term play. But Huobi is bear flagging as we speak, and we are simply pausing on a major support, not even bouncing after a first wave down. I'd think we're at least going to the next support level.... 520-530. But very possibly 400s.

When we dropped to 1100 from 1200 people were screaming cheap coins. I don't have to type out the rest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:42:38 AM

Capitulation?  No.  Dip..?  Yep.

'The end'?  Oh please, get a grip!

Buying - looking nice and cheap to me.  Accumulation is the game, play it.  The big money is.

The big money is getting out. As 8 months of getting lower is showing us.

No - the big money buys off market and then manipulates weak fools do depress the price.
aluminumoxide13

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:43:11 AM

Capitulation?  No.  Dip..?  Yep.

'The end'?  Oh please, get a grip!

Buying - looking nice and cheap to me.  Accumulation is the game, play it.  The big money is.

http://four-word.bandcamp.com/album/rubbin-records-vol-1-were-funkin-now  
music to coin up to -- and it takes bitcoins???
this has to be the future
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:43:33 AM

Market is oversold on the 3d RSI. Historically this has been a good indicator. Doesn't mean we will rocket up tomorrow though.
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:44:32 AM

Who can get me clear what caused this such panic, only leverages? Absolutely the answer will be no

No, simply no buy pressure to be found. No bulls to fuel a bounce. I'm starting to think we really need a good plunge, into the $400s perhaps, to provide momentum for a strong rally. Bulls are nowhere to be found -- except those holding from higher up.

obvious ...people are not using btc....are holding ...no one new is flocking to bitcoin in the numbers we need vs the folks holding

we could be sitting on this kinda flat/slow fall till next year...

problem with that is consumer mining seems to be drying up as we speak w/o miners as 'cheerleaders' for bitcoin ..as such dries up...just a bunch
of geeks holding coin...that thru FUD and other means press/gov't will make out as fraud ridden...thus less newbies...a world wide 'assasination of
reptutation by the 'vested intrests" world wide.....like China is trying to do with bitcoin etc

this could be long/hard and dismal ..and the more uncertain it becomes and price goes down the less likely them 'institutional investors' will jump in

frigging 'dead cat bounce'

http://deadcatbounce.weebly.com/what-is-a-dead-cat-bounce.html

vs

diffusion of inonvation (acceptance)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffusion_of_innovations

well I'm in it for the long haul..if  BTC goes to $10 so be it.....ride the puppy down in flames....(drank the kool aid don't ya know hard to be us 'pod people')
myself if it stays above $150 usd I'm OK ...below that I'm toast...(pick your own USD oops moment)

Searing

What makes you think next year people suddenly will start buying?
It failed. Bitcoin failed. Things that fail don't suddenly get big a year later.

well how many times has BTC tanked and come back (oldsters on here?) 5x 6x ..

I don't count it out..but if I'm looking at best it going sideways and at worst it finding a level in $$ below my comfort zone...into next year....well.....damn it
...guess I need a hug.....nightmares!

and you could be right I sure don't know what the hell I'm talking about off this thread...why should bitcointalk be any different! Smiley

Searing

It's been tanking for 8 months. It's over. I suggest you sell now.
edwardspitz

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:46:27 AM

I think 555 support will hold and bears will need to dump it all if they want to take out support on Stamp. I just woke up and bought at 555.55, so I'm pretty chuffed Smiley

Lets see how chuffed you are on e we break 540.

I tried e back in the day and it was pretty awesome. I am however currently not on e. There is no need for it... According to Jesse from Kraken trading BTC is about as addictive as crack.

Tongue  Cheesy

It don't think we will break 540, but we will see... There is a bullish divergence in the RSI and this could be an sign that we are recovering. It is a bit too early to say for sure though. I'm hoping we will recover from to current level and then head back up to $585 (at least Smiley).
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:46:41 AM

It failed. Bitcoin failed. Things that fail don't suddenly get big a year later.

Bitcoin failed because the price dropped? How does it look to you when you look year over year? Doesn't look so bad then, does it? People thought that bitcoin was doomed in 2011 too, I assure you. Wink
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:47:03 AM

Buying - looking nice and cheap to me.  Accumulation is the game, play it.  The big money is.

Fair enough. This is the best level to accumulate at, though? I could see it as a good long term play. But Huobi is bear flagging as we speak, and we are simply pausing on a major support, not even bouncing after a first wave down. I'd think we're at least going to the next support level.... 520-530. But very possibly 400s.

I have no crystal ball - but this drop to the 555 level led to the same sentiment very recently and we did drift back up to the 590s.

I think price support at under 550 will be huge.  You could argue this is 'what we need' but I think a massive capitulation will not happen because we are too close to the end of summer and too many (off-market) big players don't want it 'too low'.
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:48:26 AM

I think 555 support will hold and bears will need to dump it all if they want to take out support on Stamp. I just woke up and bought at 555.55, so I'm pretty chuffed Smiley

Lets see how chuffed you are on e we break 540.

I tried e back in the day and it was pretty awesome. I am however currently not on e. There is no need for it... According to Jesse from Kraken trading BTC is about as addictive as crack.

Tongue  Cheesy

It don't think we will break 540, but we will see... There is a bullish divergence in the RSI and this could be an sign that we are recovering. It is a bit too early to say for sure though. I'm hoping we will recover from to current level and then head back up to $585 (at least Smiley).

What time frame for the RSI divergence? If you look at the hourly before the last drop, we were forming bullish divergences then too. All it did was bring the RSI above oversold and then BOOM, selling. Divergences can be very deceiving during strong trends, and on longer time frames, they can take some time to play out.
fonsie

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:49:47 AM

Who can get me clear what caused this such panic, only leverages? Absolutely the answer will be no

No, simply no buy pressure to be found. No bulls to fuel a bounce. I'm starting to think we really need a good plunge, into the $400s perhaps, to provide momentum for a strong rally. Bulls are nowhere to be found -- except those holding from higher up.

obvious ...people are not using btc....are holding ...no one new is flocking to bitcoin in the numbers we need vs the folks holding

problem with that is consumer mining seems to be drying up as we speak w/o miners as 'cheerleaders' for bitcoin ..as such dries up...just a bunch
of geeks holding coin...that thru FUD and other means press/gov't will make out as fraud ridden...thus less newbies...a world wide 'assasination of
reptutation by the 'vested intrests" world wide.....like China is trying to do with bitcoin etc

this could be long/hard and dismal ..and the more uncertain it becomes and price goes down the less likely them 'institutional investors' will jump in

vs

well I'm in it for the long haul..if  BTC goes to $10 so be it.....ride the puppy down in flames....(drank the kool aid don't ya know hard to be us 'pod people')
myself if it stays above $150 usd I'm OK ...below that I'm toast...(pick your own USD oops moment)

Searing

I understand absolutely nothing from that piece of garbled text you just wrote, do you mind and rewrite it, so I can read it?
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:50:06 AM

I have no crystal ball - but this drop to the 555 level led to the same sentiment very recently and we did drift back up to the 590s.

I think price support at under 550 will be huge.  You could argue this is 'what we need' but I think a massive capitulation will not happen because we are too close to the end of summer and too many (off-market) big players don't want it 'too low'.

ah, big players, whales and other mythical beings.

well, market does not give a fukk about them.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:51:02 AM

vs

Searing

well how many times has BTC tanked and come back (oldsters on here?) 5x 6x ..

I don't count it out..but if I'm looking at best it going sideways and at worst it finding a level in $$ below my comfort zone...into next year....well.....damn it
...guess I need a hug.....nightmares!

and you could be right I sure don't know what the hell I'm talking about off this thread...why should bitcointalk be any different! Smiley

Searing

It's been tanking for 8 months. It's over. I suggest you sell now.

well some people got 'bass boats' and fishing competitions...or waste their $$ on stock cars in stock car races (which they wreck) so WTF someone asks me
if I lost $$$ in BTC ...the damn 'bass boat' sunk.....only lose the $$$ you can afford...besides we can all say at cocktail parties that you and (pick your
venture capitalist in bitcoin) lost our ass..it is unlikely make $$ or lose $$ I will ever have the 'chance' to get in on something of a venture capitalist
ground floor again anyway...WTH ...what I should be doing is selling all my crap in the attic ....on ebay...enough there to cover my bitcoin expenses
otherwise it will just sit their till I die....this way ...sell all that on ebay...if BTC goes poof .hey..the attic can be converted and I have a 4 bedroom
house now!..with property around here I'll make my $$$ back 'on paper' that I put into bitcoin

yep denial is the only way to go now (actually this may allow me panic enough to actually sell some crap...which I should be doing as we speak)

whatever its just stuff/money.....if I can't take it with me at least I should be able to piss it away right?

Searing
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:54:49 AM

The Bear Club hereby proclaims Shroomskit as The Mascot of Bears.  Kiss

And destitute hero member Fonzie -->  Traitor turned bull  -- Boooooh!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:55:48 AM

The Bear Club hereby proclaims Shroomskit as The Mascot of Bears.  Kiss

And destitute hero member Fonzie -->  Traitor turned bull  -- Boooooh!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Angry
fonsie

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:56:05 AM

A few big early morning pumps and following that back to anaemic volume, no cause for celebration

LTC hasn't followed much, which is a cause for concern as it usually follows btc at greater percentage! Sad

Look how many alt coins there are now and look at some of the gains that they are experiencing. Why would you invest in LTC that has stayed in a 0.015 range since March? Especially when its only selling point is speed.

I'm very curious to see what'll become of LTC. Perhaps we'll see a second mover advantage hanging in there or maybe it'll just be eaten alive by the tidal wave of new coins.

I'll tell you what will happen to Litecoin. I owned shitloads of Litecoins which i sold just before they started moving from 2 to 40 dollars or so. Lost out on a sickening amount of money.
I bought a good bunch back last month and now they don't do shit anymore. Of course i can start buying other alt-coins but they will turn to shit the minute i look at it.

Are you smart?
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:57:28 AM

The coin volume has been incredibly low for months - and if miners sell direct to hedge funds, which makes sense, then we are watching the tip of the iceberg.  The waves look big, but most of the coins are not in the market and much of the trade is off market.

Go figure - this is the Wall Observer Thread, but whatever happened to 10,000 BTC walls..?

The money is not in the market, thus small moves can have disproportionate effects.

Real moves will bring it back, but it's not happening right now and has not been for some time.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:59:41 AM

Explanation
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:00:03 AM

The price support at 555 already is huge:

500 BTC dump won't be enough even to reach the 555 level
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:00:50 AM

The coin volume has been incredibly low for months - and if miners sell direct to hedge funds, which makes sense, then we are watching the tip of the iceberg.  The waves look big, but most of the coins are not in the market and much of the trade is off market.

Go figure - this is the Wall Observer Thread, but whatever happened to 10,000 BTC walls..?

The money is not in the market, thus small moves can have disproportionate effects.

Real moves will bring it back, but it's not happening right now and has not been for some time.

as far as I am concerned, miners sell direct to bitstamp. I dont know where did those "hedge funds" come from, nor do I care.

volume is low because there are a lot of bag holders, and no buying support.
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:01:31 AM

Pages: « 1 ... 7634 7635 7636 7637 7638 7639 7640 7641 7642 7643 7644 7645 7646 7647 7648 7649 7650 7651 7652 7653 7654 7655 7656 7657 7658 7659 7660 7661 7662 7663 7664 7665 7666 7667 7668 7669 7670 7671 7672 7673 7674 7675 7676 7677 7678 7679 7680 7681 7682 7683 [7684] 7685 7686 7687 7688 7689 7690 7691 7692 7693 7694 7695 7696 7697 7698 7699 7700 7701 7702 7703 7704 7705 7706 7707 7708 7709 7710 7711 7712 7713 7714 7715 7716 7717 7718 7719 7720 7721 7722 7723 7724 7725 7726 7727 7728 7729 7730 7731 7732 7733 7734 ... 33346 »
  Print  

Jump to: