May 12, 2024, 09:30:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 9558 9559 9560 9561 9562 9563 9564 9565 9566 9567 9568 9569 9570 9571 9572 9573 9574 9575 9576 9577 9578 9579 9580 9581 9582 9583 9584 9585 9586 9587 9588 9589 9590 9591 9592 9593 9594 9595 9596 9597 9598 9599 9600 9601 9602 9603 9604 9605 9606 9607 [9608] 9609 9610 9611 9612 9613 9614 9615 9616 9617 9618 9619 9620 9621 9622 9623 9624 9625 9626 9627 9628 9629 9630 9631 9632 9633 9634 9635 9636 9637 9638 9639 9640 9641 9642 9643 9644 9645 9646 9647 9648 9649 9650 9651 9652 9653 9654 9655 9656 9657 9658 ... 33343 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26382152 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
belmonty

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:23:26 PM

The movements have dried up. It is now going to resolve one way or the other. I think it will go downwards but not confident to actually trade on it.

Downward probably, as that is the safe bet. No one knows if we left the bear market yet, and without any serious good news or extremely high volume to sustain another rally people will get out again.

The fact that bank deposits will soon no longer be considered money but paper investments might make a big difference in the long term. I don't know about the short term though.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2014/11/warning-bank-deposits-will-soon-no.html

This weekend the G20 nations will convene in Brisbane, Australia to conclude a week of Asian festivities that began in Beijing for the developed countries and major economies. And on Sunday, the biggest deal of the week will be made as the G20 will formally announce new banking rules that are expected to send shock waves to anyone holding a checking, savings, or money market account in a financial institution.

On Nov. 16, the G20 will implement a new policy that makes bank deposits on par with paper investments, subjecting account holders to declines that one might experience from holding a stock or other security when the next financial banking crisis occurs. Additionally, all member nations of the G20 will immediately submit and pass legislation that will fulfill this program, creating a new paradigm where banks no longer recognize your deposits as money, but as liabilities and securitized capital owned and controlled by the bank or institution.

In essence, the Cyprus template of 2011 will be fully implemented in every major economy, and place bank depositors as the primary instrument of the next bailouts when the next crisis occurs...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:26:30 PM

The movements have dried up. It is now going to resolve one way or the other. I think it will go downwards but not confident to actually trade on it.

Downward probably, as that is the safe bet. No one knows if we left the bear market yet, and without any serious good news or extremely high volume to sustain another rally people will get out again.

The fact that bank deposits will soon no longer be considered money but paper investments might make a big difference in the long term. I don't know about the short term though.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2014/11/warning-bank-deposits-will-soon-no.html

This weekend the G20 nations will convene in Brisbane, Australia to conclude a week of Asian festivities that began in Beijing for the developed countries and major economies. And on Sunday, the biggest deal of the week will be made as the G20 will formally announce new banking rules that are expected to send shock waves to anyone holding a checking, savings, or money market account in a financial institution.

On Nov. 16, the G20 will implement a new policy that makes bank deposits on par with paper investments, subjecting account holders to declines that one might experience from holding a stock or other security when the next financial banking crisis occurs. Additionally, all member nations of the G20 will immediately submit and pass legislation that will fulfill this program, creating a new paradigm where banks no longer recognize your deposits as money, but as liabilities and securitized capital owned and controlled by the bank or institution.

In essence, the Cyprus template of 2011 will be fully implemented in every major economy, and place bank depositors as the primary instrument of the next bailouts when the next crisis occurs...

Is this fucking real? I'm on a mobile device right now, can people help me out with credible sources please
belmonty

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:28:34 PM

Is this fucking real? I'm on a mobile device right now, can people help me out with credible sources please

I have not researched it yet or checked out the link provided. It was posted in the alt section and there has not been much discussion about it yet. It's a big deal if it's true.
janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:38:55 PM

Hopefully everyone had the chance to send money to the exchanges already. If not you will probably miss the cheap tickets for the train.

Is the train leaving Huh Huh

Oh look a December '13 baby... Or as I like to call them "Butthurt Bears that Bought at the Top"

No. Instead, please observe as the wise veteran fails to claim it's touche. All the BTC I hold now is "free". I doubt you are really interested, but here is my story:
I mined some shitcoins with a few VGA cards which I picked up in december, exchanged them for some BTC, sold the cards a few months later, started trading altcoins until I reached an amount which I consider significant (relatively to the original "investment" [the margin on the VGA buy and sell + electricity]).
I wasn't smart, I got lucky! Ah well, may be I was a little smart in times like when I exchanged some BTC for DRK a few days before the big pump and held it long enough, but not TA-smart.
Now, the sad thing is that I feel like I have to try and trade USD/BTC in order to preserve the perceived fiat value of my BTC (technically, I am aiming for a constant BTC amount and withdraw trading profit -> which already paid for the VGA buy/sell margin and electricity, so technically, all the BTC I hold now is "free").
But note the "have to" part. -> Now it's not fun anymore. It was fun to mine shit and dump. It was fun to hold DRK during the pump. Watching the BTC bubble bursting isn't fun. Even shorting it for profit isn't fun because I got to like the idea of Bitcoin.
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:42:56 PM

I have not researched it yet or checked out the link provided. It was posted in the alt section and there has not been much discussion about it yet. It's a big deal if it's true.

Spain, Canada, and New Zealand passed legislation declaring bank deposits as unsecured credit, over a year ago. Not following it closely but i suspect others have followed suit over the last year.
hdbuck
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:44:55 PM

Spain, Canada, and New Zealand passed legislation declaring bank deposits as unsecured credit, over a year ago. Not following it closely but i suspect others have followed suit over the last year.

ever heard of Jim Rickards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYW5OGWfqJc

may 2015. Cheesy
lyth0s
Legendary

Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:55:22 PM

I'll have to watch the video in about 2 hours, could you briefly state the important topic?

I'll have to look into the Canada deposits being unsecured. It sounds like the central banks are getting ready to steal everyone's fiat wealth..... are we ready?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:01:21 AM

Explanation
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 12:08:39 AM

It is insane how fast the futures get over bought at OKcoin!

Sell sell sell!
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:11:56 AM

I'll have to watch the video in about 2 hours, could you briefly state the important topic?

I'll have to look into the Canada deposits being unsecured. It sounds like the central banks are getting ready to steal everyone's fiat wealth..... are we ready?

IIRC searching around mid May 2013  will lead to the articles you seek.  I remember it being very low key, ignored by one and all.  My friends in the financial fields passed it off like it was of no importance, and didn't get my outrage (Nothing new, being a perpetual 'outsider').  Normalcy bias.  It Will Bite.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:13:30 AM

bulltrap yo!
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:14:17 AM

May 2015: Global Economical Collapse.

All 16 US agencies reported such scenario.

Rickards being CIA funded Project Prophecy's instigator, amongst other things such as spending +30 years at wall street etc...
belmonty

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:18:15 AM

I found these links about it but I'm not sure how reliable their content is.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-12/russell-napier-declares-november-16-2014-day-money-dies

http://www.examiner.com/article/bank-deposits-will-soon-no-longer-be-considered-money-but-paper-investments

They say a TLAC proposal will be submitted to the 2015 G20 which proposes people with bank deposits over a certain limit can have them used to bail out failing banks in most developed countries.

I found this one official document that mentions the TLAC proposal, but I'm not sure if there is anything specific about people's bank deposits in there.

http://www.rba.gov.au/publications/fsr/2014/sep/pdf/dev-fin-sys-arch.pdf
hdbuck
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:21:29 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 12:31:48 AM by hdbuck

IIRC searching around mid May 2013  will lead to the articles you seek.  I remember it being very low key, ignored by one and all.  My friends in the financial fields passed it off like it was of no importance, and didn't get my outrage (Nothing new, being a perpetual 'outsider').  Normalcy bias.  It Will Bite.

mehe just some random looney..

As general counsel for the hedge fund Long-Term Capital Management (LTCM),[4][5] he was the principal negotiator in the 1998 bailout of LTCM[6] by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

Rickards worked on Wall Street for 35 years.[7] Rickards is now the senior managing director for market intelligence at Omnis, Inc.,[6] a consulting firm.[3] On March 24, 2009, Rickards presented his view at a symposium at Johns Hopkins, that the U.S. dollar is vulnerable to attack from foreign governments through accumulation of gold and establishment of a new global currency.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_G._Rickards

Shocked Grin

edit: ouh lala

Jim Rickards is a 3-decade veteran of Wall Street's biggest investment firms and hedge funds. He also helped build the technology infrastructure known as "the brains" of the NASDAQ.  Cool

And he is the CIA's Financial Threat and Asymmetric Warfare Advisor.  Cool

In an exclusive interview with Money Morning, Rickards revealed that he and his team have detected a series of dangerous economic signals that predict a fast-approaching $100 trillion meltdown.
http://moneymorning.com/why-the-u-s-dollar-value-will-collapse/

Cheesy
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:36:43 AM

'Dem Chinese' be waking up soon to buy, buy, buy.
When is the peak Chinese trading time according to the bitcointalk clock?

Chinese Standard Time is 8 hours ahead of UTC (UK Standard Time).  Trading is usually much lower, and price more stable, between 18:00 and 22:00 UTC (02:00 am to 06:00 am, China time).  There are no sharp peak hours; the volume grows gradually from early wake-up time until ~09:00 UTC (17:00 China time) and then decreases gradually until late bedtime.  The pattern is fairly obvious in the 1h volume charts.

However, there are many random peaks and valleys superimposed on that basic pattern.  Also, when the price is varying a lot (like in the last few days) that general daily pattern disappears, and trading goes on unabated straight through the night.
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:53:38 AM

Sell sell sell!

Liquidity has become terrible on OKcoin futures since about a week ago. Formerly there were always around at least 1-200BTC within a 3$ range. Now you have to place your orders 8$ above or below current future spot price to catch the good ones . Sell@ 419 buy @ 407$ within 10 minutes even if the rest of the market only moves 4-5$.  Cheesy Margin calls all over the place. If you´re into straight hardcore gambling OKcoin futures is now the place to be, serious trading not so much. Wink

BTC1121    2014-11-15 08:21:29    Close Long        $418.69     Filled    

BTC1121     2014-11-15 08:30:24    Open Long        $406.85     Filled

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:01:20 AM

Explanation
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 01:15:50 AM

Sell sell sell!

Liquidity has become terrible on OKcoin futures since about a week ago. Formerly there were always around at least 1-200BTC within a 3$ range. Now you have to place your orders 8$ above or below current future spot price to catch the good ones . Sell@ 419 buy @ 407$ within 10 minutes even if the rest of the market only moves 4-5$.  Cheesy Margin calls all over the place. If you´re into straight hardcore gambling OKcoin futures is now the place to be, serious tradingnot so much. Wink

BTC1121    2014-11-15 08:21:29    Close Long        $418.69     Filled    

BTC1121     2014-11-15 08:30:24    Open Long        $406.85     Filled

Scared money don't make no money! Tongue

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:16:28 AM

KJO

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:18:04 AM

ever heard of Jim Rickards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYW5OGWfqJc

may 2015. Cheesy

Have you read Rickards' "Day After Plan" chapter in his death of money book?

If so, could you summarize it for us?
Pages: « 1 ... 9558 9559 9560 9561 9562 9563 9564 9565 9566 9567 9568 9569 9570 9571 9572 9573 9574 9575 9576 9577 9578 9579 9580 9581 9582 9583 9584 9585 9586 9587 9588 9589 9590 9591 9592 9593 9594 9595 9596 9597 9598 9599 9600 9601 9602 9603 9604 9605 9606 9607 [9608] 9609 9610 9611 9612 9613 9614 9615 9616 9617 9618 9619 9620 9621 9622 9623 9624 9625 9626 9627 9628 9629 9630 9631 9632 9633 9634 9635 9636 9637 9638 9639 9640 9641 9642 9643 9644 9645 9646 9647 9648 9649 9650 9651 9652 9653 9654 9655 9656 9657 9658 ... 33343 »
  Print  

Jump to: