Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:23:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 477 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem  (Read 375656 times)
Razaberry

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:29:37 AM

Damn i didnt see this one before, looks solid and a great smart idea.

How better the Ethereum erc20 tokens will work how better bancor can become. Can even think about some own coins to make.

What i dont get yet = how will the bancor token get any value ? Is it a must have inside your portofolio (like a creation fee) ?
Any one know more about this ? 

BNT gets its value from the same place as any other currency: supply and demand. In this case the demand is generated by network effects: The more smart tokens that use BANCOR tokens in reserve (which will be the default setting for smart token creation in any Bancor developed or financed software service), the more valuable and more in-demand the BANCOR token becomes. As the value of BANCOR rises, so too does the value of every smart token holding BANCOR in reserve. And, because we’re both the most knowledgeable about the technology behind the Bancor protocol and have first mover advantage in building on it (including over a year working with a large developer team on building the first Bancor software service UX, seeding token changers, high-potential community currencies, and popular token baskets with BANCOR tokens), anyone forking would need the economic incentive and the ability to surpass what we’ve built, or else will have created an inferior network with little incentive for others to use it.  (This can be compared to Ethereum, where the success of any solution that uses ETH appreciates Ether value, benefiting the entire Ethereum network).

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Razaberry

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:30:28 AM

Where is the details of Bancor ICO? I have not found it!

They change the ICO date. And they haven't release the full terms

We need to be patient . I think they will announce the day .

ICO Date is announced!

June 12, 10am GMT.

https://twitter.com/BancorNetwork/status/871110487295107078

From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
Razaberry

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:30:59 AM

Can someone please explain what's the point of the BGT token on the network ? At what moment it is needed if we can use any other token ?

Network Effects: The more smart tokens that use BNT tokens in reserve (which will be the default setting for smart token creation in any Bancor developed or financed software service), the more valuable and more in-demand the BNT token becomes. As the value of BANCOR rises, so too does the value of every smart token holding BNT in reserve. And, because we’re both the most knowledgeable about the technology behind the Bancor protocol and have first mover advantage in building on it (including over a year working with a large developer team on building the first Bancor software service UX, seeding token changers, high-potential community currencies, and popular token baskets with BNT tokens), anyone forking would need the economic incentive and the ability to surpass what we’ve built, or else will have created an inferior network with little incentive for others to use it.  (This can be compared to Ethereum, where the success of any solution that uses ETH appreciates Ether value, benefiting the entire Ethereum network).

boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:31:06 AM

I imagine it will be released in 2 hrs since it will be 10:00 GMT. I'm really curious what their conversion rate will be for ETH.

Everyone is waiting anxiously to see what will be revealed. There is lot of hype and fomo for this project so this is understandable why everyone is keep saying that all tokens will be sold in matter of minutes. I don't have different opinion than others in this regard. Today all eyes are on this thread to catch the updates and more information.
Razaberry

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:31:56 AM

How does Bancor compare to 0x?
0x is a next-generation decentralized exchange that aims to solve some of the scalability and cost challenges of current decentralized exchange solutions. Unlike Bancor, 0x uses the classic exchange model of matching bid and ask orders to facilitate transactions between two parties. The Bancor protocol works differently than the existing exchange model since it does not require matching two parties in order to facilitate an asset conversion transaction, thus enabling continuous liquidity for assets at any time and scale.

So    will bancor  replace ethereum technology or  will function alongside ethereum technology ?

Bancor is built on the Ethereum network

Razaberry

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:36:31 AM

Can someone tell me if I Can participate the ico by funding the wallet diretcly from my krakken account ? Or is better and fastest to do it from myethwallet ? Im asking coz all m'y eth is in my krakken wallet. Thanks for any answer

Never buy ICO coins from an exchange, unless the ICO's company expressly specifies that that exchange can be used.

easyrimka

Activity: 518
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:38:12 AM

Can someone tell me if I Can participate the ico by funding the wallet diretcly from my krakken account ? Or is better and fastest to do it from myethwallet ? Im asking coz all m'y eth is in my krakken wallet. Thanks for any answer

Never buy ICO coins from an exchange, unless the ICO's company expressly specifies that that exchange can be used.

yes , someone advise me the same, thanks for this Smiley
are your from the DEV team ?
btcunbranded

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:44:59 AM

Where is the details of Bancor ICO? I have not found it!

They change the ICO date. And they haven't release the full terms

We need to be patient . I think they will announce the day .

ICO Date is announced!

June 12, 10am GMT.

https://twitter.com/BancorNetwork/status/871110487295107078
Great news and finally have a date, thankyou
dollabillzbro

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:56:28 AM

How soon tokens will be available after ICO ?
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:57:44 AM

Can someone please explain what's the point of the BGT token on the network ? At what moment it is needed if we can use any other token ?
Network Effects: The more smart tokens that use BNT tokens in reserve (which will be the default setting for smart token creation in any Bancor developed or financed software service), the more valuable and more in-demand the BNT token becomes. As the value of BANCOR rises, so too does the value of every smart token holding BNT in reserve. And, because we’re both the most knowledgeable about the technology behind the Bancor protocol and have first mover advantage in building on it (including over a year working with a large developer team on building the first Bancor software service UX, seeding token changers, high-potential community currencies, and popular token baskets with BNT tokens), anyone forking would need the economic incentive and the ability to surpass what we’ve built, or else will have created an inferior network with little incentive for others to use it.  (This can be compared to Ethereum, where the success of any solution that uses ETH appreciates Ether value, benefiting the entire Ethereum network).

I know what's a network effect but appart from it. Why using BGT token on the network if you can use any other token ?
Network effect is fine but I would like to know some other economic incentive.
Shahrul09

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:07:30 AM

I know what's a network effect but appart from it. Why using BGT token on the network if you can use any other token ?

You can read the FAQ thou, i think they answer it there already.
https://bancor.network/faq/bancor-network-token
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:09:48 AM

You can read the FAQ thou, i think they answer it there already.
https://bancor.network/faq/bancor-network-token

In fact they don't give an answer appart from network effect which I'm fine with but I would like a better answer.
sth2017

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 10:54:42 AM

Has anyone already reserved BNT? Read that the procedure is not simple with the documents. Not all countries accept passports.
It's bad that there is no other way to buy.

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
|
|

_████████_       
      _████████████████_     
    _███████       ██████_   
   _████            ██████_  
  _████                ████_ 
  ████                   ███
 ████                    ████
  ████                  ███
   ████          ██     ███¯
    ███         ████   ███¯  
     ████         ██ ████   
      ¯██████   ███████  ¯    
        ¯█████████  ██
                     ███
                      ████

_████████_       
      _ ██████████████_     
      ██████       ████_   
      ████          ████_  
      ████           ████_ 
      █████          ███¯   
      █████████████████¯ 
      ██████████████¯
      ████¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯████__
      ████        ¯¯████_  
      ████          ¯████_
      ████           ¯████           

████_      ████¯      
       ████_    ████¯      
        ████_  ████¯       
         ████ ████¯       
          ███████¯     
        _████ ████     
       _████  ¯████    
      _████    ¯████    
     _████      ¯████    

|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████

████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
idontcare

Activity: 363

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 11:22:45 AM

The #Bancor protocol token generation event will take place on June 12, 10am GMT. Terms will be released 7 days in advance #ethereum #token

We are now 7 days in advance. Hopefully some info will be released in the coming hours.

Also, I'm worried about the state of the roadmap. It's very superficial and there aren't any dates so it's unclear. It looks like something you would write on a napkin in a bar...   Perhaps someone from the bancor team can elavorate.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
inck

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 11:24:51 AM

Where can I find a list of all ECR20 tokens currently available?
Shahrul09

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:04:26 PM

still nothing about the ICO details ?
Will be out in 2-3hours
Anarchy101
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:07:51 PM

I might me wrong but I don't think there is list for all ERC20 tokens but if wanna check top 50 you can check it here https://ethplorer.io/top?from=etop
Wandika

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:11:38 PM

Go to myetherwallet and you can see the top ERC20 tokens available in the market. I recommend it to you because they only list a legit token.

whale123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:19:22 PM

This just out. Bancor to use WINGS for their crowdfunding.

sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:47:26 PM

This just out. Bancor to use WINGS for their crowdfunding.

Can you link the source?
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 477 »
  Print  

Jump to: