Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:42:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 583505 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 02:16:57 AM

Well most of the things that will increase the revenue aren't even working yet like the fiat gateway so that is a big thing that should boost revenue in the future. Also, bull or bear, Iconomi will be making money from management fees one way or another...

More then 0.8% burned so far. Not bad for the first year but also nothing to be wild about. They need to step up their investing especially with Pinta if they want to bump this to the next level.

0.8% is a tiny number for a year, especially given the incredible bull market. Makes me wonder what it would be if we see a flat to declining market for a year.

You have a fair point with the fiat gateway. But on the management fee side, in a bear market, since the whole portfolio goes down, they will make less money. Also, they need to prove competence at all times, which can be an uphill battle. Otherwise, people can just hold BTC or ETH and get better returns. Bear markets tend to test out the smaller tokens. Just something to keep in mind. If their revenue increases in the bear market, that would be a good sign for sure.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
someonesomeone

Activity: 933
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:18:56 AM

Well this one really has some goddies. 10 new assets for managers to use and their first bank account is ready! Looking good for the short term.

Gutenhans

Activity: 135
Merit: 12

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:47:09 PM

yeah finally they understood this type of marketing gigs like 10 days 10 new cryptos. What's touching my spot is the fact that they are in new york right in the moment when wall street wants to go in crypto and Nina (index fund) is gonna be there for them to do just that with FIAT and probably with the super low iconomi management and exit fees. There's no competition to what they offer. BLX and Pinta already have some history behind them and i think Nina is going also to pop the same crazy profits when open to investors.
RichardReMark

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:38:45 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2018, 09:39:41 AM by RichardReMark

If a fiat gate way takes a year why not become a Binance competitor a Iconomi exchange first i see the Binance tokens get burnt buy the millions. And see exchanges poping up everywere like its nothing why is this something for iconomi? I dont care for the fiat gate way or events/audits.
Gutenhans

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:01:58 AM

If a fiat gate way takes a year why not become a Binance competitor a Iconomi exchange first i see the Binance tokens get burnt buy the millions. And see exchanges poping up everywere like its nothing why is this something for iconomi? I dont care for the fiat gate way or events/audits.

Exchanges offer just a few FIAT/Crypto pairings, with Iconomi you will have access to all the funds with cash and in future buy also single assets/tokens.
A financial audit it's the standard for company's that list on the stock exchange where the big money moves around. In crypto at the moment are no such demands but will come with regulation. A financial audit it's already a tool used in the past that became a standard of security with the stock exchanges. Having that give's us and the investors peace of mind even if regulations hit over night.
These two things like fiat gateway and financial audit are for the index funds to grow and not for the ICN holder. We benefit from the token burns that happen as a result of more money on the platform.

I would say careful with everything that comes from China and has explosive growth. Regulations there are a joke. There's no transparency. No way to tell if the profits declared or the numbers that they give are real or not. Saying that you are worth 10X more that you actually are is first thing in Chinese marketing. I'm not referring just to scams but every other booming business in China. I'm sure that Binance makes the same thing pumping the numbers before they even got there.

CrytoMachine_11

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:51:23 AM

I'm sure they've considered it, but their original aim was to become more of a fund manager...
So they're working on that first... Very different business model.

But I agree, the Binance model for the BNB token might be good to copy. E.g. give 50% discount if people pay fees using ICN.
Gutenhans

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:07:54 PM

I'm sure they've considered it, but their original aim was to become more of a fund manager...
So they're working on that first... Very different business model.

But I agree, the Binance model for the BNB token might be good to copy. E.g. give 50% discount if people pay fees using ICN.
why not let them pay the whole fee (it's small anyway) ? iconomi is gonna convert it right away into ICN in the near future. Nobody is forced to buy ICN this way but the fees are translated to ICN anyway. We lose something like 0.10% or less from the actual fees during the conversion instead of 50% discount for using the ICN token to pay.
I'm sure Iconomi can do the conversion BTC/ETH > ICN cheaper than is for the average Joe to do it himself. That means in the end it's cheaper and easier for the customer to let Iconomi do the conversion for him, but for us it's the same Wink

There's also more volatility that comes with such a system. Where would be the advantage?
RichardReMark

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:53:54 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2018, 02:19:09 PM by RichardReMark

Its easy for iconomi to become a exchange its harder not to compete for buy backs. (i.e binance nr25 coinmarketcap and iconomi 126) Btw they are now both in Malta, if iconomi wants cheaper fees than binance the extra income from the funds make it posible? or do they want binance and the other exchanges to hold icn and in return iconomi is not doing the exchange? There is no advantage if icn does not do this and the price is volitile no mather what.
someonesomeone

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:54:51 PM

The first coin that was added in the new 10 coins in 10 days is Wanchain:

https://twitter.com/iconominet/status/996074253790441477
satrum

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:56:21 PM

"WAN added to the ICONOMI platform! DAA Managers can now add WAN to their Digital Asset Array!" added for voting, proof and forecast on YEENOT TODAY https://yeenot.today/catalog/news/247
How much DAA will buy WAN?

about:
Wancoin (WAN) is Wanchain’s native token. Transactions consume a certain amount of WAN, and users pay WAN security deposits to cross-chain verification nodes when making transactions. Wanchain is creating a new distributed financial infrastructure and aims to power the new digital economy with their cross-chain smart contracts.
Splin V
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

HEROIC.com | The Future of AI-Powered Cybersecurit

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:51:34 PM

ICONOMI Monthly Update for April

https://medium.com/iconominet/2018-monthly-update-iv-c91f95ad76fc

someonesomeone

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:20:24 PM

Another day another coin added, this time it is Zilliqa:

https://twitter.com/iconominet/status/996406224336965632?s=21
Gutenhans

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:37:36 PM

Its easy for iconomi to become a exchange its harder not to compete for buy backs. (i.e binance nr25 coinmarketcap and iconomi 126) Btw they are now both in Malta, if iconomi wants cheaper fees than binance the extra income from the funds make it posible? or do they want binance and the other exchanges to hold icn and in return iconomi is not doing the exchange? There is no advantage if icn does not do this and the price is volitile no mather what.

Again binance is a exchange and iconomi is a platform for index funds. insert "Different but the same, but still different" GIF

Binance did the 50% fee discount because of competition on a already established segment (Crypto Exchanges). On a exchange you exchange your funds for crypto and then if you're a sane person you get them out of there as quick as possible and store them as secure as you know and can. Considering a lot's of exchanges don't even bother with transparency it's a very high risk to hold you're funds long term with a exchange.

With the Iconomi Platform you are able to invest your funds in crypto projects. Projects that are selected by different experts who have their own skin next to yours. They re-balance the funds as they see fit so you don't loose you're time trying to keep the ratios in line with the project development. Your investment is not only very securely stored but also insured so there is no hacking risk. Besides the security you actually know and can be sure they have the money they claim to have because of the financial audit. At the moment they have no competition. Not real and not at the same level. Low fees/transparency/nina listed on stock exchange/fiat ramp up/security and so on

Iconomi is way more transparent in reality. Binance fakes trading Volume https://medium.com/@sylvainartplayribes/chasing-fake-volume-a-crypto-plague-ea1a3c1e0b5e and can also be hacked - see the ViaCoin incident.

Putting your money with Binance long term means you have to trust a Chinese businessman/broker/developer for his word. In compassion with iconomi where you have all this security, insurances and transparency (financial audit) plus the columbus who looks like he knows what he's doing with the investment. Given that binance is putting every token that pays a nice commission even scams - see BRD, CTR and TUSD i would be carefull with letting my money sit there for more then a couple of minutes.

Iconomi is a lot more carefull what tokens they list Wink

By GOD i've got nothing with the Chinese people but they way they deal over there it's incredible. They've fooled even the American stock market with so many firms that declared profits even 10x bigger than in reality. They've got away with it because who can get the truth in china? If you look at how binance fakes the volume and you don't see the similarity then i don't know what else can i tell you.

They've made a really bad name on the stock market and with serious investors because of this in the last 10 years. And that bad name can stick to binance too if people will see (i hope) the fake volumes the scam listing and so on.

Maybe you don't care about all this stuff because moving a couple of g's around it's not really a concern for you even if it should be. But for people who want to invest long term and be sure about the liquidity and the safety of the invest this is the perfect product.

There will be no quick burning of the tokens with iconomi, not one as you are so desperate to see. Patience is what many people are missing for good projects to grow.
RichardReMark

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:04:53 AM

Hey Gutenhans what did you mean with “Your investment is not only very securely stored but also insured so there is no hacking risk”. My investment was icn and the parity hack (potential buy back monney) was not secured and insured. And what sane person would trust Deloitte, now i have to ask myself who audits Deloitte i dont know what kind of bonusses the ceo of deloite gets do you? Who cares what China does (and again Binance is in Malta) look at what japan is doing whit the bitcoin mt gox trustee guy. At they end of the day i dont trust China, Deloitte, Iconomi, Japan, Malta, Gutenhans or Binance, but tomorrow with a few kliks on the iconomi computer i can use iconomi as my exchange whatever fee is on there. And that is the point a few kliks and people will pay fees.

Again binance is a exchange and iconomi is a platform for index funds. insert "Different but the same, but still different" GIF

Binance did the 50% fee discount because of competition on a already established segment (Crypto Exchanges). On a exchange you exchange your funds for crypto and then if you're a sane person you get them out of there as quick as possible and store them as secure as you know and can. Considering a lot's of exchanges don't even bother with transparency it's a very high risk to hold you're funds long term with a exchange.

With the Iconomi Platform you are able to invest your funds in crypto projects. Projects that are selected by different experts who have their own skin next to yours. They re-balance the funds as they see fit so you don't loose you're time trying to keep the ratios in line with the project development. Your investment is not only very securely stored but also insured so there is no hacking risk. Besides the security you actually know and can be sure they have the money they claim to have because of the financial audit. At the moment they have no competition. Not real and not at the same level. Low fees/transparency/nina listed on stock exchange/fiat ramp up/security and so on

Iconomi is way more transparent in reality. Binance fakes trading Volume https://medium.com/@sylvainartplayribes/chasing-fake-volume-a-crypto-plague-ea1a3c1e0b5e and can also be hacked - see the ViaCoin incident.

Putting your money with Binance long term means you have to trust a Chinese businessman/broker/developer for his word. In compassion with iconomi where you have all this security, insurances and transparency (financial audit) plus the columbus who looks like he knows what he's doing with the investment. Given that binance is putting every token that pays a nice commission even scams - see BRD, CTR and TUSD i would be carefull with letting my money sit there for more then a couple of minutes.

Iconomi is a lot more carefull what tokens they list Wink

By GOD i've got nothing with the Chinese people but they way they deal over there it's incredible. They've fooled even the American stock market with so many firms that declared profits even 10x bigger than in reality. They've got away with it because who can get the truth in china? If you look at how binance fakes the volume and you don't see the similarity then i don't know what else can i tell you.

They've made a really bad name on the stock market and with serious investors because of this in the last 10 years. And that bad name can stick to binance too if people will see (i hope) the fake volumes the scam listing and so on.

Maybe you don't care about all this stuff because moving a couple of g's around it's not really a concern for you even if it should be. But for people who want to invest long term and be sure about the liquidity and the safety of the invest this is the perfect product.

There will be no quick burning of the tokens with iconomi, not one as you are so desperate to see. Patience is what many people are missing for good projects to grow.

Gutenhans

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:05:08 AM

https://www.futuretechpodcast.com/podcasts/iconomi-ervin-kovac-coo-ethereum-blockchain-based-digital-asset-management-platform/ what interests you begins at 5:20

"With these types of new digital assets security, custody is basically the key we all know what happened with some of the exchanges so the security of the assets of our users is our top priority. We have developed our own hot and cold security system that safely stores all these assets and it is very simple to use for the end user.

Some of these assets don’t offer multi sig wallets by themselves and that’s one of the systems we developed. Our system is like this: it goes from hot to cold based on the projected needs of these assets ever being to be moved. The lowest level is a multi sig contract with the highest number of participant or signatories required. They are all over the world and don’t know each other. This is the level we don’t expect to need to move often. There are some additional requirements based in to the smart contract that I cannot give out. So this is lowest level. As you go higher the criteria for security lowers. There are lower number of signatories in these smart contracts for the funds to move and when you get to the top you have some buffers for the small percentage of the total assets that basically insure the liquidity for the platform and these assets are controlled by the server and are naturally the most exposed. We solve this exposure with insuring them. So our hot wallets are insured so we have that covered and as you go lower all of these are done offline with hardware wallets, etc…
There are multiple levels of cold and hot storages and each of them is more or less complicated depending on the projection of how often those funds have to be moved."

unfortunately there's no good answer for the parity incident
The parity hacked library was a incident that should not happen, as we we're insured many times that the funds have been moved from parity wallets after other incidents in the past.
muleroaa

Activity: 924
Merit: 526

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:41:08 AM

The next coin to be added to the ICONOMI platform will be LOOM:

https://twitter.com/iconominet/status/996759616250892288

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
RichardReMark

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:53:46 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 03:15:35 PM by RichardReMark

Sure lets call parity a incident just like the Dao “incident”, meanwile Vitalik zits in zwitserland Zuric in his million villa not having a fund in iconomi. I wanna open a fund in Iconomi and call it for the fun wtf Vatalik if the etherium community does not reverse the parity situation. Call me a conspiracy theorist but the Doa situation was needed and used to know what would happen to bitcoin/bitcoin cash the parity thing is just the next step to know what we will do and how we will react with the traped million bitcoins of Satosi Nakamoto. But lets not talk about why the exchanges hold icn while iconomi can be a exchange.

I for one like to call Parity and Dao coincidinks zo that everyone would understand Wink
cold_nebula

Activity: 312
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:06:54 PM

Welcome to the latest edition of the ICONOMI Weekly Update series: https://medium.com/iconominet/iconomi-weekly-update-9a9e9a9b0ebc
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 05:47:54 PM

Sure lets call parity a incident just like the Dao “incident”, meanwile Vitalik zits in zwitserland Zuric in his million villa not having a fund in iconomi. I wanna open a fund in Iconomi and call it for the fun wtf Vatalik if the etherium community does not reverse the parity situation. Call me a conspiracy theorist but the Doa situation was needed and used to know what would happen to bitcoin/bitcoin cash the parity thing is just the next step to know what we will do and how we will react with the traped million bitcoins of Satosi Nakamoto. But lets not talk about why the exchanges hold icn while iconomi can be a exchange.

I for one like to call Parity and Dao coincidinks zo that everyone would understand Wink
It is irresponsible for the Iconomi team to use code that stores literally hundreds of millions of dollars without even a proper security audit. They raised a lot of money in the ICO - they should have used some of that for the audit of the piece of code that is the backbone of the entire system. Asking the whole Ethereum network to fork due to the irresponsibility of a few parties is what the Ethereum community doesn't want to do, hence the debate in the first place.
kalpit

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:54:08 PM

It is irresponsible for the Iconomi team to use code that stores literally hundreds of millions of dollars without even a proper security audit. They raised a lot of money in the ICO - they should have used some of that for the audit of the piece of code that is the backbone of the entire system. Asking the whole Ethereum network to fork due to the irresponsibility of a few parties is what the Ethereum community doesn't want to do, hence the debate in the first place.
Many other Organizations also did the same. I think it was due to the trust on 'Parity', that they used it without some audit.

Just saying, whole development of major Clients makes Ethereum less 'trustless'. Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 »
  Print  

Jump to: