Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:40:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want me to scrap the current site and start using mmcfe?
Yes - 31 (56.4%)
No - 9 (16.4%)
Doesnt matter to me - 15 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FeatherCoin Pool - Stratum  (Read 18552 times)
viperaus (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:31:43 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 01:33:36 PM by viperaus

Hey everyone,

A number of PHP developers (Sliver, Edison, C4N10 and myself, ViperAus) have been working together to create a Litecoin edit of Slush0's Stratum. We believe we have the code right and so I thought I'd test on FeatherCoin due to the current low difficulty meaning more blocks should go through the system compared to Litecoin. I have just uploaded everything today and it looks good so far - even have 1 block reward already; now I just want to pressure test the machine to see where else we can make some improvements before we release the code into the public domain.

Please help us test this code

You will need to jump on the website (http://www.altpool.com) and register; and then point your mining clients to our server:

stratum+tcp://mine.altpool.com:3333/

Any FeatherCoin that is found, will be paid out - I am also planning to release the front end code once we know all the functions are working correctly.

If you would also like to support our work; you can join up to my litecoin pool: www.mineltc.com

UPDATE:

THIS IS A PPLNS POOL, NOT PPS
Please do not expect shares to be credited to your account until after that block was found.

UPDATE 2:
From Page 8.

Alrighty; sorry for the delay in this last update.

Looking at the poll results, it appears that the general consensus is to create the site with MMCFE.

I am happy to say I have now done this on a temporary server which has been offered to me by the supplier of my new server whilst awaiting it to be setup. Hopefully the full server will be online in a day or two.

In the mean time, if you want to join up on the new site and start mining on this temp box please feel free to do so. Any members that join in the next 48 hours will have their account set to 0% pool fee for the next month.

I have also added in a few tweaks with the stratum server; the main one that affects users is that miner details are now being validated.

Stratum connection: stratum+tcp://fc.altpool.com:3333/
Getwork connection: http://fc.altpool.com:8336/

I have only just literally uploaded the site and am yet to add content back into the pages; I shall get to this in the next 24 hours.

As this is also a new site, many functions are as yet untested and there may be a few bugs from the original developer, but so far from my testing everything looks good.
brie

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 02:25:37 PM

I'm mining with you!

Any idea how long this pool will be up?

My Bytecoin P2Pool: http://limitedloot.org:6327
Extornia

Activity: 153

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:57:22 PM

Hey man, slight issue. My hashrate in stats is shown as Hashrate: 0 KH/s, even tho worker hash rate is shown. Whats up? Also how do I see my "unapproved/unconfirmied" balance?
temor

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:01:40 PM

Two problems.
Well, one problem really, but it results in two problems.

I cannot change the name or number of my worker. I get an error message saying " Authorization Pin is Invalid! " whenever I try.
This results in both my workers username being just "username.", and when I connect using that, my shares are not updated.

Please make a post in my Reputation Thread if we've had a successful trade.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:04:03 PM

been mining on this pool for a bit, got a few payments in short time, i like it Smiley
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:13:54 PM

Hey man, slight issue. My hashrate in stats is shown as Hashrate: 0 KH/s, even tho worker hash rate is shown. Whats up? Also how do I see my "unapproved/unconfirmied" balance?

I had this issue. The pool is currently stratum only, so the address needs to be.

stratum+tcp://mine.altpool.com:3333/

This fixed the problem for me.

Extornia

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:23:08 PM

Now its fine Cheesy

Edit: Well it was fine now again :O Altho the pool is amazing!
wchy1128

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:44:23 PM

I have the same question

BTC 1QF9iQyz1nnv3g3WuedoSRnjkXkhT8aRGr
LTC LZfHdMu9gFLGEZE6m5PW6XyMfWUNCWibMv
XRP r4FDB8xgs4sEf6ANd4xsbFnbABEHpibdk
FTC 6g4rSuf5sKzwy5FjFLXyVWxefNqEjMvvQJ
FRC 12VfATwAHCQ5gma737aKVUgjzfWhTyvXiL
Extornia

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:05:57 PM

PW change does not work. Says my current pw is wrong, but its not.
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:17:32 PM

Been mining here since a few hours. Got good payouts. Nice work!

Edit: The stats do not update as they should though. I get shares but my hashrate is 0 kh/s according to the stats and the round shares are 40000 but a block is found a few minutes ago

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
bob777fred

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:13:16 PM

So far so good in getting connected and mining here - only issue was that I definitely had the wrong password for my worker and it still registered. Could be because I only have one, but just a though Smiley

Also - balance hasn't updated for quite a bit, wish we could see last blocks w/ confs 0=)
viperaus (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:17:03 PM

I'm mining with you!

Any idea how long this pool will be up?

Thanks for the support Smiley - For as long as I can afford the payments on the server Smiley

I cannot change the name or number of my worker. I get an error message saying " Authorization Pin is Invalid! " whenever I try.
This results in both my workers username being just "username.", and when I connect using that, my shares are not updated.

This should now be fixed, please let me know if you have any other issues Smiley

Not all of the scripts are perfect yet - i shall look into the issue of the hashrate not displaying in the header as soon as possible.
At the moment, you can see some of the details on "My Stats" page - more stats will be added as you will see on that page.

Now its fine Cheesy

Edit: Well it was fine now again :O Altho the pool is amazing!

Thanks for the kind words Smiley Im editing it live to work out some of the kinks as quickly as possible, but sometimes i break things ... whoops... Just let me know of any other bugs/issues you come across and I will address them as soon as I can Smiley

PW change does not work. Says my current pw is wrong, but its not.

Thanks for letting me know, I shall add that to my to fix list Smiley

Been mining here since a few hours. Got good payouts. Nice work!

Edit: The stats do not update as they should though. I get shares but my hashrate is 0 kh/s according to the stats and the round shares are 40000 but a block is found a few minutes ago

Thanks  Smiley  Current issue with the stats I believe is partly due to the blocks coming in so quickly and only some of the stats system has run. Once the block is confirmed, then the stats system finishes running and the stats get better. I will look into this to see if I can improve the system.

So far so good in getting connected and mining here - only issue was that I definitely had the wrong password for my worker and it still registered. Could be because I only have one, but just a though Smiley

Also - balance hasn't updated for quite a bit, wish we could see last blocks w/ confs 0=)

Im not actually sure that I enabled password checking for miners lol - check out the bottom of the pool stats page for the last blocks list Wink
Extornia

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:18:49 PM

How big are your server costs atm?
bob777fred

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:20:31 PM

Im not actually sure that I enabled password checking for miners lol - check out the bottom of the pool stats page for the last blocks list Wink

Ha! That'd be why then =P

http://cryptocoinexplorer.com:5750/block/b431aaf146e0940d54fc107b18a1477e6d76809ef4236be6a2a068c0f90e0f7e

Can you open that? Looks like the links are bad, or maybe it's just me...

Also, I've got shares on all these last blocks, balance = 0 still Sad
lpshowboat0099

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:34:03 PM

http://cryptocoinexplorer.com:5750/block/b431aaf146e0940d54fc107b18a1477e6d76809ef4236be6a2a068c0f90e0f7e

Blocks need 120 confirms before your balance updates. Give it some time.
bob777fred

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:38:27 PM

Blocks need 120 confirms before your balance updates. Give it some time.

I understand that - check this out (only reason I'm concerned)

**EDIT** - this is my bad, I was reading round shares as shares I'd submitted, so either these numbers are off or somewhere else is, because my lifetime shares doesn't add up to these numbers =p
desert_beagle

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:50:32 PM

is pool located in NY?
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:55:50 PM

Balance hasn't updated for quite some time. Have no idea how much I gonna get - so I am like a kid at Christmas.

Payouts seem to be several times more than the other (Simple Pool) - any idea why?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

viperaus (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:58:36 PM

Right now, $40USD / month

Didn't open for me either - looks like that server might be having issues. It did work when the guy posted his site in the forum, ill see if i can let him know..

**EDIT** - this is my bad, I was reading round shares as shares I'd submitted, so either these numbers are off or somewhere else is, because my lifetime shares doesn't add up to these numbers =p

Looking into the payouts, i think I know what may be going on, but being that its so late now, I dont want to start doing the math and make more mistakes. I will definitely look into this properly tomorrow after some rest and make any additional payouts as required - not here to rip anyone off, just here to test that the software works Smiley

is pool located in NY?

The server is, yes; but run by me, an Aussie Smiley

bob777fred

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:01:21 PM

Right now, $40USD / month

Didn't open for me either - looks like that server might be having issues. It did work when the guy posted his site in the forum, ill see if i can let him know..

Looking into the payouts, i think I know what may be going on, but being that its so late now, I dont want to start doing the math and make more mistakes. I will definitely look into this properly tomorrow after some rest and make any additional payouts as required - not here to rip anyone off, just here to test that the software works Smiley

is pool located in NY?

The server is, yes; but run by me, an Aussie Smiley

Thanks viper, very re-assuring Smiley I'll continue here even if I don't see anything until you get your rest and have some time to check it out tomorrow!

Thanks for staying on top of things!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: