Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:52:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want me to scrap the current site and start using mmcfe?
Yes - 31 (56.4%)
No - 9 (16.4%)
Doesnt matter to me - 15 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FeatherCoin Pool - Stratum  (Read 18541 times)
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:19:53 AM

looks like stats has started updating.  it looks like its just under serious lag.  I'm anticipating a payout soon.

The payout is manual.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 12:41:45 AM

looks like stats has started updating.  it looks like its just under serious lag.  I'm anticipating a payout soon.

The payout is manual.

Ahh well that explains it.  He doesn't have the script built for automatic payout then.  No worries then.  I'm confident that he'll work through the rough start.
viperaus (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:15:51 AM

I've been mining for ~7 hours now, and seeing the blockrate the 120 confirms take no more than 4. Yet my balance is still 0.000000

Would be a shame if you actually also disabled the payout code.

It is a bit worrysome to read that the pool is actually really bugged and I'm not as confident that my earnings will be or are being calculated properly. I'm going to suspend mining at your pool if I don't see any balance popping up soon, and probably look for another pool.

I advise to not start one if you don't have its vital functions up and running yet.

I understand your concern and wont blame you if you decide to move to another pool. As I have stated before, this was just supposed to be a test of the back end (stratum); I had no idea how bad some of the code was on the front end side and I agree, I should not have gone public with it until it was all confirmed as working correctly. But how do I do this without testing? So I needed some miners to get the blocks ticking over. Now as it has grown so quickly, I am unable to keep on top of everything and currently I am considering taking down the entire pool as it is becoming more of a nightmare everyday. I am spending more and more time each day answering PM's then actually fixing the issues.

I have not disabled the balance update code, only the auto payout code. This will be re-enabled today.

Fucking. Bullshit.

Gave the guy 9 horus of 3MH/s hashing power, and got 0.00000 to show for it (expected was supposed to be >300FC)

So yes, I've pulled out and if I don't get paid for my work in the next days i'm throwing a scammer tag out there.

Ive just checked the database this was my findings;
Code:
blockNumber 	shares 	rewarded
20720 5057 Y
20722 286 Y
20728 17861 Y
20733 661 Y
20773 4487 Y
20774 2415 Y
20776 6148 Y
20788 3832 N
20801 5685 N
20806 205 N
20819 4168 N
20827 1412 N
20832 3446 N
20853 3277 N
20872 5187 N
20873 815 N
20886 3702 N
20899 500 N
20905 4724 N

The scripts are taking forever to run still - as I have said before; and this is still something I am trying to work through.

I do not appreciate the accusation of 'scammer' when I am doing as much as I can do, whilst trying to keep everyone as informed as I can as to what is going on. Maybe if I wasnt responding, different story. I would appreciate it if you made a retraction (and an appolgy wouldnt go astray either) Smiley

Nonetheless these delays are unacceptable too. Feathercoin is practically identical to litecoin, there should be no problems in his 'scripts' that he fixed in the LTC pool.

The mere fact that he pulled a similar stunt on his other pool leads me to believe that something fishy is going on.

The other site is also experiencing issues - as altpool has a greater number of users/block finds, I feel it is more important to fix this site first and then move all the updates across to mineltc. I will then have to go through any payouts that have been made there already and make sure that everything is up to scratch.

Its 9am in Australia, I think - he may not have woken up by now.

Your right, I'm normally working late into the night and dont normally get to start working on altpool till 1130-1200ish

I pulled my miners from altpool yesterday. Gave 1Mh/s of hashing power for 12+ hours and nothing to show for it but a ton of useless shares. Went solo and scored 2 blocks...not a bunch, but better than the goose egg I earned for my time and energy at altpool.

I'll be back when (if) you get it running smoothly.

Looking at the database, it appears all the blocks you mined in have been rewarded.

The payout is manual.

Thanks for pointing that out - i will re-enable the auto payout code today.
billionaire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:22:04 AM

I started mining this forum around 24 hours ago. It took around 14 hours or so until I received my first coins in a lump sum of 50. About an hour after that, I received 19 more. From that point, I got about 2 or 3 coins every 30 minutes until I was fully paid for my work. The timing of the payouts is odd (well in excess of 120 confirms for a block participated in) but there is no scamming involved as far as I can tell.

I just chalk it up to the quirks that come with mining on a brand new pool. Viper is often available in the chat on his pool site, and he responds to PM here on this forum. Seems legit to me, and very promising once the bugs are ironed out. Anyways, if you want to mine FC right now, what are your alternatives? On the official Feathercoin topic on this forum, I see links to one site that inst allowing new registration, one that gave me 9200 accepted shares and 1150 stales, one that doesn't allow you to keep track of your rewards by not even having registration, and a couple of brand new pools that have single digit M/h rates right now. Not trying to shit on other pools (that's why I didn't mention them by name) but Viper's pool is the best IMO right now, warts and all. Give it a chance.

Viper also PMed me to say that he is going to fix the auto payout problem, and he's already mentioned in this thread and on his site about migrating servers to speed up the frontend of the site.

I know I am brand new (this is my first post outside of the newbie section) so I know I have zero clout, but for whatever it's worth I recommend Viper's pool.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:44:39 AM

I started mining this forum around 24 hours ago. It took around 14 hours or so until I received my first coins in a lump sum of 50. About an hour after that, I received 19 more. From that point, I got about 2 or 3 coins every 30 minutes until I was fully paid for my work. The timing of the payouts is odd (well in excess of 120 confirms for a block participated in) but there is no scamming involved as far as I can tell.

I just chalk it up to the quirks that come with mining on a brand new pool. Viper is often available in the chat on his pool site, and he responds to PM here on this forum. Seems legit to me, and very promising once the bugs are ironed out. Anyways, if you want to mine FC right now, what are your alternatives? On the official Feathercoin topic on this forum, I see links to one site that inst allowing new registration, one that gave me 9200 accepted shares and 1150 stales, one that doesn't allow you to keep track of your rewards by not even having registration, and a couple of brand new pools that have single digit M/h rates right now. Not trying to shit on other pools (that's why I didn't mention them by name) but Viper's pool is the best IMO right now, warts and all. Give it a chance.

Viper also PMed me to say that he is going to fix the auto payout problem, and he's already mentioned in this thread and on his site about migrating servers to speed up the frontend of the site.

I know I am brand new (this is my first post outside of the newbie section) so I know I have zero clout, but for whatever it's worth I recommend Viper's pool.

HOw many MH/s did you run and what was your final payout.  I was running about 3.8MH/s for about 12 hours straight and it looks like I've fallen a bit short of the expected payout.  I"m going to hold off from reporting this as anything but a lag because of the 120 confirmations.  I hope there are more than 40FC generated for that time.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:53:01 AM

I am considering taking down the entire pool as it is becoming more of a nightmare everyday.
imma find you and make you regret it.

non-stratum pool sucks.

billionaire

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:53:35 AM

I ran 2.2 Mh for about 3 hours. After that, I switched to 550kh while also mining ltc elsewhere. The 550kh ran for several hours, to be honest not quite sure how long. I have not done the math 100% since I do not know the exact time ran or work accepted during that time, but just winging it really. I would say the 550k/h ran for about 7 hours if I had to guess. Anyways, as I said I received 50 after around 14-15 hours since the initial 2.2 Mh 3 hour mining session. Then  about an hour after that 19 more coins, then every 30 min or so I keep getting coins in 2-3 coin increments. As of this very moment, I have received 97 total coins.

Sorry I cannot be more precise, but I can confirm the site is paying out coins.

paul21

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:02:59 AM

Is it possible to get the stratum poolserver source you're using? I tried the eloipool-litecoin mod but I can't get the PoW to hash out right.

RIP my old pools... sometimes BTC isn't life ;(
mrSprinkles

Activity: 265

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:32:26 AM

I just performed a manual withdraw on my ~1950 coins, but it only sent 1910 coins. Is the 2% fee calculated during withdrawals?
romantic1

Activity: 102

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:38:03 AM

I can't believe it. With at first 700 khs then 1400 khs. Almost 2 days but only 10 ftc.
viperaus (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:40:00 AM

HOw many MH/s did you run and what was your final payout.  I was running about 3.8MH/s for about 12 hours straight and it looks like I've fallen a bit short of the expected payout.  I"m going to hold off from reporting this as anything but a lag because of the 120 confirmations.  I hope there are more than 40FC generated for that time.

Got your pm and I will look into that shortly.

imma find you and make you regret it.

non-stratum pool sucks.

I dont want to - but if things are not working the way they should be, I may have no alternative. When/If i do, I will distribute all the remaining funds from the hot wallet out to all those that have mined on this site. As I have stated before, i dont care about the FC; only getting the code for the system right.

Ill give you a start, Im in melbourne australia and im pretty public on the web so it wont be that hard to track me down Cheesy

Is it possible to get the stratum poolserver source you're using? I tried the eloipool-litecoin mod but I can't get the PoW to hash out right.

Sure - still a work in progress, and a couple of little updates that i have not yet pushed back but the core functions are working. https://github.com/viperaus/stratum-mining

I just performed a manual withdraw on my ~1950 coins, but it only sent 1910 coins. Is the 2% fee calculated during withdrawals?

Correct - calculating the 2% on every block for every user was one of the main issues causing the backlog of scripts running. So I changed it to only take this fee out when processing a withdrawl request. This is also the same for donations.
viperaus (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:08:58 AM

I can't believe it. With at first 700 khs then 1400 khs. Almost 2 days but only 10 ftc.

To help explain this graph;

Blue: Shares History
Yellow: Shares

What does that mean?
Shares history is the table in the database where the share data is moved to once a block has been found and confirmed.

Shares is the table in the database containing the current share data that is yet to be processed.

As you can see in the graph, there is close to a 12 hour lag at the moment.

---

I am looking into how to make the share data update quicker (and without breaking anything in the process). I have also temporarily added some extra columns into the 'my stats' page to help break down how many shares are being counted in each round and the approx payout. Please be aware, these stats may be wrong as it is still a work in progress, but it should help me to narrow down where the issue is.
Fernandez
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:27:13 AM

I am mining with two CPUs (yeah, laugh all you want); and during the shutdown yesterday I switched one of them to Simple Pool. In the last 8 hours I received 2.1 FCs from AltPool while 1.6 FCs from Simple Pool. So, for atleast CPU miners I would recommend AltPool.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

dragon2nd

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:36:23 AM

Is the server down? I can't view my stat in mine.altpool.com/stats.php. Miners working good, though.
Fernandez
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:42:02 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2013, 07:58:04 AM by Fernandez

Is the server down? I can't view my stat in mine.altpool.com/stats.php. Miners working good, though.

That link points to nothing - he removed it two days back. Pool Stats and Account Details work, though.

EDIT: Its down now; but miners work.

add1ct3dd

Activity: 657
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:53:35 AM

Guys the pool works, you just have to give it time for the UI to update, I've received plenty of coins from here so far and it seems accurate from what I can see.

For the UI/you to get coins, don't expect to get them within 12 hours, just have to be patient.
Radacoin

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:48:08 AM

How do you calculate the Network Hashrate?

For example here it's much lower: http://benhohner.com/feathercoin/
hughperman

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:08:11 AM

To put in my 2c, it seems to be working fine but slow for me; I was mining for about 2 or 3 days on the pool at approx 400 kH/s (stopped yesterday for computer reasons), and my balance is now up to 640FC.
The confirms does seem to take longer than expected, but it gets there eventually.
Fernandez
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:18:46 AM

The site is back on; and the server load reads 'critical'  Grin

Guessing Viperaus has rushed to the supermarket to grab a few servers and a bucket of ice.

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:44:17 AM

Hi there,

just wanted to mention that i am mining since 12h with 1200kh and cant see any submitted shares on the frontend. User=Gunni.

Just to make sure those arent forgotten, as I know that you are very busy right know.

ImI
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: