Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:28:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is trading just educated guessing?  (Read 22844 times)
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:36:49 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 12:18:56 PM by rickadone

Trading depending on the peoples knowledge and not depending on a insider's informations .If you know how to have a research and you know a potential of a coin you will be more educates but not in guessing in short you have those proofs in your mind to be more clear to you what is your investments and why you bought it.
Nope. Of course you must have the knowledge, the tenacity, the patience, the skills to trade. You can not just depend on your mind to guess which coins will have good potential and future, but you have to do research first, and your skills and knowledge will be useful in this session

Yes,  with trading you can be lucky same as gambling but the knowledge and the research you make over the particular coin over a period of time is the one that helps you select the right coin to profit through trading process. One can be lucky but same won't happen all time, so we need to educate ourself to get good outcomes.
Yes if trading is an educated guess then probably all traders are gambling with price movements of markets. There cannot be any definite expectations like how most traders are doing. Compared to gambling, trading is predictable one which is possible through lots of technical indicators.

A guess may work and may not. But trading is capable of producing consistent results. So, it is mathematical based not just based on guess works.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:31:17 AM

Can you really be sure you will profit unless you have insider info?
To be a successful trader, you must know someone who will at times give you insider information, Most successful traders have them, other than that its all about guessing and hoping that a huge announcement on economic or financial issues will turn into profits or not.Even the most experienced of traders lose money when they say they have researched a whole lot.
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:01:37 PM

To be a successful trader, you must know someone who will at times give you insider information, Most successful traders have them, other than that its all about guessing and hoping that a huge announcement on economic or financial issues will turn into profits or not.Even the most experienced of traders lose money when they say they have researched a whole lot.
News is vital because it is a news related game, we can see a pump and dump game when there is a big news come and people love
to speculate therefore the price moves in upward and downward direction. With that, it gives us opportunity to do the right timing to buy low
and sell high.
Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:23:43 PM

I guess so. First of all, you sell or buy coins when you think something is going to happen, that is guessing. Second, you guess based by the information you have on your hands so you need to have a lot of information. Third, you need to learn how the market works.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
djimbim0

Activity: 109
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:27:13 PM

I believe that trade should not be built only on guessing, because it will be the same as gambling and profits will accordingly be much less than in the analysis. In trade, one can not rely only on luck.

giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:14:20 PM

You dumb. Trading can be guessed only sometimes but if you are gonna trade and keep guessing then best of luck with your funds and profits will be rare for you. Trading is buy low and selling high but the important thing one should know is when to buy their are some obvious cases but sometimes you need to check different signs the charts show and with that you can trade with good profit.
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:25:01 PM

It really depends on how you look at it I guess. You could call if gambling if you really wanted. They are almost the game. When I look at a new coin, I look at a few things and do some research. If I like what I see, I may consider entering a position in it. If I do not, I discard it right away. So there is a little skill involved, but you could say the same for gambling such a poker. The real trick is having a plan and sticking to it. You can read the charts, read the news, read the developments, but if you do not stick to your game plan and honor stops and sell zones and never take your profit and are always just chasing a new all time high.. then yeah you are really just gambling.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
andylowe

Activity: 293

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:27:07 PM

Well for me, the important trait a trader must have is not only a good guesser but must have self awareness. A trader must be emotionally stable, self disciplined, know when to hold on and know when to let go, must be patient, and most of all enough knowledge with the business statistically and economically. So definitely, it's not just mere guessing techniques, it's truly more than that.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:27:50 PM

News is vital because it is a news related game, we can see a pump and dump game when there is a big news come and people love
to speculate therefore the price moves in upward and downward direction. With that, it gives us opportunity to do the right timing to buy low
and sell high.
I think it's not a guess, because of course you're looking for more information about market conditions, speculation, etc (it's not guessing) but you've been trying to see bitcoin prices going forward, and if you have a lot of effort to predict, then it's not just Guess the bitcoin price
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:55:26 PM

and sell high.
I think it's not a guess, because of course you're looking for more information about market conditions, speculation, etc (it's not guessing) but you've been trying to see bitcoin prices going forward, and if you have a lot of effort to predict, then it's not just Guess the bitcoin price

Trading is a form of "gambling", in my opinion. Good trading is educated guessing, meaning you've educated yourself about certain facets of market behavior and are prepared to act when the conditions are met.
"Guessing" implies coin flipping decisions, which also doesn't apply.

But you can put the odds in your favor if you trade correctly.
If this weren't true, there wouldn't be traders who consistently win more than they lose year after year. Its much easier in this space than in real, regulated markets, because of the volatility.

Of course this isn't easy to do, which is why only 5-10% of traders succeed in the end  Wink

marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:59:45 PM

Of. Ourse you need some knowledge anout trading how you can call it trading and making profit if you don't have any knowledge of what you are doing it can be cost you loasing money from it better to learn it by asking someone already knows about trading and reading of the topics about it and mostly important try to join in groups that are topics is all about bitcoins and alternative coins
Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 08:05:11 AM

Of. Ourse you need some knowledge anout trading how you can call it trading and making profit if you don't have any knowledge of what you are doing it can be cost you loasing money from it better to learn it by asking someone already knows about trading and reading of the topics about it and mostly important try to join in groups that are topics is all about bitcoins and alternative coins

You cant assure yourself to always win. One can only be sure of having the odds bigger than 50%. You can have more than 50% chance of success when you correctly indetifying the market. If its bearing - be a bear, if its bullish - be a bull.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:59:51 PM

I believe that trade should not be built only on guessing, because it will be the same as gambling and profits will accordingly be much less than in the analysis. In trade, one can not rely only on luck.
If you want to learn to read charts, I'm sure you will not hesitate and think that trade is lucky.
Please check youtube and learn to read chart. You will become a master trade.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:21:30 PM

Trading is not just speculation. The majority of those who engaged in trading crypto currencies on exchanges in this business by chance and based only on conjecture. It's easy to do now because if you guessed wrong and bought coins expensive, you always have the option to wait for when the price rises. It will not always and in this business there will be only professionals.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:38:04 PM

Trading depending on the peoples knowledge and not depending on a insider's informations .If you know how to have a research and you know a potential of a coin you will be more educates but not in guessing in short you have those proofs in your mind to be more clear to you what is your investments and why you bought it.
Maybe you can just guess which coins will go up in price but that's the same as gambling because you're just using your luck to make a profit. So i think that you will not get profit but loss, to be able to get profit in trading you have to have skill, not just luck to guess
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 07:05:06 PM

In part trading needs lucky, but if you analyse the coin before invest, see what it will offer/bring it will help for sure. Bitcoin no one expected to see it soo valuable, neither that would be more coins after bitcoin, but well now its normal more coins and with some improvements, the thing is you need to risk and wait, Rome wasnt built in one day.
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:27:23 PM

Not really. You just need to do some research on the previous flow of the bitcoin price. You must be aware of the current events that might affect it. As I always say on my previous posts with regards to trading, you also need to acquire good statistical analysis to know when is the best time to buy and the right time to sell.
But i think even if you study the chart or everything about the altcoin. You can't be sure if you will profit or not because trading is really unpredictable, just like what happened this august 1. When everybody thought that bitcoin's price will drop even lower to $1600, Some traders panic sell because they thought that the fork will greatly affect bitcoin but contrary the bitcoin's price is $2800 and is stable after the august 1.

Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:38:51 PM

Maybe you can just guess which coins will go up in price but that's the same as gambling because you're just using your luck to make a profit. So i think that you will not get profit but loss, to be able to get profit in trading you have to have skill, not just luck to guess

Right ,Trading is not guessing and it is not like gambling or a games to guess trading have many requirements for you to have a successful trade which varies in a different day ,weeks or months of waiting .

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
BTCbengi

Activity: 241

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:55:49 PM

I think you will watch the situation, the big events happen to have the inference of the right tactics. From there, we will make a profit. What we need after the month is learning experience and how to guess the opportunity.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:58:25 PM

Basically yes. Trading isn't really a battle of who knows most of the indicators and what they mean but rather luck and patience to profit. Most of these successful traders are there at the right moment doing the right thing. If not, they would still be struggling to get greens ever day's end. It just so happen that luck favors them that's why they end up making more money than other traders.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: