Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:06:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:05:44 PM

Interesting project. Will keep an eye on this project.
Good luck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:03:43 PM

It looks like we are competing with Satoshi for a patent land grab

https://news.bitcoin.com/craig-wright-kill-satoshi-becoming-him/
biggernugs

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:20:23 PM

All I know is there are quite a few VERY respected & longtime members of the BTC/ALTcoin scene involved in this project and that has me very interested to see the result. I will follow with enthusiasm.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 10:33:17 PM

this guy is a liar - a fraud - and an outright greed machine ...

a pathetic excuse for a human being - and an insult to those that call themselves human - let alone australian ...

im disgusted that this pathetic excuse for a human being is in this country - touting he is THE satoshi nakamoto without an ounce of proof - let alone dignity ...

absolutely positively disgusting ...

#crysx

coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:58:54 PM

a pathetic excuse for a human being - and an insult to those that call themselves human - let alone australian ...

im disgusted that this pathetic excuse for a human being is in this country - touting he is THE satoshi nakamoto without an ounce of proof - let alone dignity ...

#crysx

When I was doing some research on him, it looked to me like he had got himself involved in some sort of collective investment scheme (a Bitcoin bank, iirc) which raises money from investors with the promise of getting more than you put in through tax rebates. The problem with these schemes is that the tax authorities try to attack the schemes, so I think he had to go big on a lie to make a good show of it.

Then again, there was some link to someone who probably mined tons of early coins and he might have been trying to get hold of those with some sort of 'we worked together' story.

Whatever the truth, there is something very fishy going on.  The trouble is, we could be wrong - all he has to do is sign a few messages with the private keys of some specific coins.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 11:35:54 PM

#crysx

When I was doing some research on him, it looked to me like he had got himself involved in some sort of collective investment scheme (a Bitcoin bank, iirc) which raises money from investors with the promise of getting more than you put in through tax rebates. The problem with these schemes is that the tax authorities try to attack the schemes, so I think he had to go big on a lie to make a good show of it.

Then again, there was some link to someone who probably mined tons of early coins and he might have been trying to get hold of those with some sort of 'we worked together' story.

Whatever the truth, there is something very fishy going on.  The trouble is, we could be wrong - all he has to do is sign a few messages with the private keys of some specific coins.

which he categorically refuses to do ...

hence the lack of ANY proof for ANY claim he is making ...

the guy is pure greed - and a thief to boot ... because being a 'scientist' isnt enough for him - he has to pretend to be worth a pinch of crap ...

#crysx

coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 11:04:34 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2017, 11:16:31 PM by coins101

Decentralized Digital Services Networks (DSDN) white paper is released

https://heliumpay.com

It's the first public release of the white paper. Please let us know of any typos or areas that need a little more clarification.

This is our twitter account https://twitter.com/heliumpay

If anyone wants to run it, please let me know.

Just to clarify

Service Nodes = DSDN is a Service Node service, a pay for play approach.

Master Nodes = payment channels and they will be running something different, but they will eventually compliment each other. People will be paid by the network to run Master Nodes.

coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 11:55:32 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2017, 12:14:01 AM by coins101

Work on patents begins now  Cool

These will be defensive patents.

Banks and others have been applying for Blockchain patents for a while now. Well, we want to head them off at the pass.

We also want to head off people that take advantage of our open culture of telling you what our plans are. People will tell you they are doing one thing, but when they see how cool our stuff is, they want to copy it and get it out first.

Apparently, ideas mean nothing and implementation means everything. Funny how they call it intellectual property, but there is no equivalent 'implementation property.'

Well, copying and implementing now comes with risks. Tick-tock.

We want to be first with our ideas, then we'll look at opening up our intellectual property and open source software for others to use.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 01:00:41 AM

Banks and others have been applying for Blockchain patents for a while now. Well, we want to head them off at the pass.

We also want to head off people that take advantage of our open culture of telling you what our plans are. People will tell you they are doing one thing, but when they see how cool our stuff is, they want to copy it and get it out first.

Apparently, ideas mean nothing and implementation means everything. Funny how they call it intellectual property, but there is no equivalent 'implementation property.'

We want to be first with our ideas, then we'll look at opening up our intellectual property and open source software for others to use.

'they' cant get patents for things they dont OWN ...

so in such a case - it IS wise to patent those things one DOES own ...

a LOT more money will be required to do this - especially if it is something that 'they' want too ... they have the cash AND the lawyers ...

maybe thats the first thing we all need to look at - money pool - before anything comes to a head in the courts ...

#crysx

jeewaka

Activity: 248

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 06:35:24 AM

'they' cant get patents for things they dont OWN ...

so in such a case - it IS wise to patent those things one DOES own ...

a LOT more money will be required to do this - especially if it is something that 'they' want too ... they have the cash AND the lawyers ...

maybe thats the first thing we all need to look at - money pool - before anything comes to a head in the courts ...

#crysx

I suppose the Funds for development would encompass for legal things too.

Bitdegree██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
|██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
sid3bysid3

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 01:34:31 PM

We should be able to release a draft of the service node white paper over the weekend.

Just waiting for a security certificate to be issued for the website.

Want to have a look at the whitepaper Smiley how many members in your team?

Why no answer? Huh
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 01:56:30 PM

We should be able to release a draft of the service node white paper over the weekend.

Why no answer? Huh

Well, I don't know. It looks to me like we have between 10-20 ready to help to do certain things. But we need to scale up and down at different points. For example, I know a very well regarded software house that will likely want to help when we start some aspects of project atom. They have about 150 software devs in their company, but we'll only need a small group and again we can scale up and down as we need.

Did you read the OP? You should Google Agile development.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:03:21 AM

Why no answer? Huh

Well, I don't know. It looks to me like we have between 10-20 ready to help to do certain things. But we need to scale up and down at different points. For example, I know a very well regarded software house that will likely want to help when we start some aspects of project atom. They have about 150 software devs in their company, but we'll only need a small group and again we can scale up and down as we need.

Did you read the OP? You should Google Agile development.

I'm just in the process of building a Sandstorm server for another project.  We're finding Wekan/Kanban really useful. Let me know if Helium wants one.
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 11:03:24 AM

I'm just in the process of building a Sandstorm server for another project.  We're finding Wekan/Kanban really useful. Let me know if Helium wants one.

Sounds like a good idea. Documentation will be something that needs to be addressed at some point, but I was thinking of Jira for that and a bunch of other stuff.

I'll take a look at the apps you can run on a Sandstorm server.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 03:34:34 PM

I'm just in the process of building a Sandstorm server for another project.  We're finding Wekan/Kanban really useful. Let me know if Helium wants one.

Sounds like a good idea. Documentation will be something that needs to be addressed at some point, but I was thinking of Jira for that and a bunch of other stuff.

I'll take a look at the apps you can run on a Sandstorm server.

I am a big Jira fan but it isn't open source any more.  I really like the idea of self hosting and owning your own data.

EDIT: Unless somehow Helium will qualify for one of their restricted open source licenses.

DOUBLE EDIT: Holy shit, they've dropped the price to $10 for a perpetual license for self hosting (max 10 users). Jums to a 4 figure sum for more than 10 users though.
coins101 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:25:47 PM

DOUBLE EDIT: Holy shit, they've dropped the price to $10 for a perpetual license for self hosting (max 10 users). Jums to a 4 figure sum for more than 10 users though.

Looks like a good deal - you found it here, right?

https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/jira-software#serverlicenses-1
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 12:37:50 AM

thats still a lotta cash ...

any opensource projects out there that do a similar thing guys? ...

#crysx

jeewaka

Activity: 248

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:18:26 AM

#crysx

OpenProject has the free one called Community Edition for opensource projects
https://www.openproject.org/pricing/

Bitdegree██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
|██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
██  ██  █
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 01:29:00 AM

#crysx

OpenProject has the free one called Community Edition for opensource projects
https://www.openproject.org/pricing/

nice ...

ive seen this a while back - but was NOT impressed by it ...

though NOW they have made ground and it looks like a great project ...

there was one i looked at a LONG time ago - but i cant remember the name ... was a massive project at the time - full open source and was a massive project ...

will look into it ...

edit - compiere ... that was it ... though i dont think it will do what is required here ... ill research it later also ... too much on my plate at the moment Tongue ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 07:20:48 AM

#crysx

Bugzilla is a good one.  It's a bit agricultural in design but very powerful.  I hosted one for a few months last year before we decided that a kanban board and github was enough for us.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: