Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:51:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has defeated gold  (Read 28561 times)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:12:01 AM

Bitcoin: $1260/BTC
Gold: $1241/xau
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
now i think bitcoin already defeated gold because it 4000$/BTC compare to gold 1250/xau i think. i agree that nothing can stop bitcoin now because it is very famous all over the world now. no one can try to defeat bitcoin only government can do that.
If you will compare those two in terms of stability then you can't say that bitcoin defeated gold because bitcoin is very volatile and its price can go up or down to 50% in just a matter of minutes and that is why it is a risky and more on long term investment to lower the risk where gold is a certified safe haven for our money if we are planning to keep those money for a long term investment period.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:32:52 AM

Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
Nothin is impossible in this world. As we see bitcoin already beat the gold. Bitcoin is so popular because of its value and it is easy to earn that a gold. That's why many people wants to earn bitcoin rather than gold because in gold it is really hard to earn while in bitcoin you can just earn through online.
Bitcoin is better than gold in many aspects but gold also has its own charms. If I offer you gold today, obviously you won't deny taking it. That means you still value it. However bitcoins surpasses gold in terms of profits and transactions, no doubt.
You are right. We all value gold even in the present day. I think value of gold id there at its own place. The only difference which we are looking today is this that the value of Bitcoin in comparison to that of gold has been increased very much. This is why people are lie more attracted towards Bitcoin.
I also agree with that. Bitcoin has its own place in the market and the gold has its own values. Some people buy gold and hold it for their capital, besides some people have most ambitious about starting investment in some fast growing gaining profitable business like bitcoin in this day.

So I think both have their own values and as good as the people think it would be for their future purposes.
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:48:54 AM

who knows, maybe one day it will surpass the value of an entire apartment

imagine one day seeing online:
"Newly Renovated Four Bedroom Apartment Downtown Manhattan"
Price: 1.5921025 BTC
I want to see this advertisement as soon as possible. I am keeping bitcoins with the same hope of buying such things when bitcoins will increase manifolds in their price as compared to current prices. I believe bitcoins are not going to disappoint me and all other investors who are loyal to bitcoins.
Like you many people have bought bitcoin in the hope that one day it will overcome all the businesses in the world because of the fast growing price. And the holders are anxiously waiting for that time so that they will earn more and more money when the price will go much higher figure. Besides gold market prices are very slow and the investors wait for a long time to take their shares in the profit.
PatronRH

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 07:19:43 PM

Please stop posting such things, and stop conparing bitcoin gold because it would never serve bitcoin to level up and have a better value !
Otherwise, I mention that whatever thing can't be more valuable than gold.

.GlobeCas.The Turest Entertainment Journey
#Licensed  #Gambling #Experienced Team #All-in-One Platform #Live Streaming #Revulotion
[Website] | [Telegram] | [Whitepaper] | [Facebook] | [Youtube] | [Twitter] | [LinkedIn] | [Medium]
Qastessa

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:19:30 PM

bitcoin has defeated gold but the price of bitcoin and the price of gold is unstable so we dont know what we dont know but we  know what we know and that is why we need to believe in bitcoin and the rise of it.

since the bitcoin in the launch has actually beaten gold, the total supply of gold more than the total supply of bitcoin if bitcoin enthusiasts more and more bitcoin enthusiasts the more expensive its price, unlike gold, gold has a lot of stock supply.

The current price of the bitcoin is very good as it is increasing more and more, there is a war going in china regard bitcoin as it is being chased by the people they want to stop the use of the bitcoin. The price of the bitcoin is higher than the gold and it is easier and safe to keep the bitcoin is the wallet as there are a lot of the hardware wallets but not for the gold now. So for me bitcoin is the best investment.
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:15:27 AM

Bitcoin may be worth more than gold currently, but I believe gold will eventually rise higher as well. Gold has over 10,000 years of history backing it, it isn't going anywhere.
The price of gold is being suppressed by paper gold, at some point in the future when people are no longer fine with accepting paper gold and want the real thing the value of gold is going to skyrocket and when that happens people will wish that they held gold as well, at least we have bitcoin but many people do not have bitcoin or gold.
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:43:39 AM

bitcoin has defeated gold but the price of bitcoin and the price of gold is unstable so we dont know what we dont know but we  know what we know and that is why we need to believe in bitcoin and the rise of it.
You can’t compare the number of people investing in Bitcoin with that of those Investing in Gold. There are lots of people Investing in Gold from around the world. Yes, you can say that bitcoin is best, because you’re investing in it. Who would say their choice isn’t the best? Lol
jayhawk1

Activity: 352

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:00:14 PM

I agree with you that bitcoin has beaten gold, gold lost in price, but I think gold will still be a safe and attractive investment. bitcoin becomes a new choice for investment while gold has always been an investment.
Well now if we look at the price then we will know that bitcoin has more power than Gold the price of the bitcoin is volatile and it is not stable so it is the reason that bitcoin price keep on increasing and soon it will touch the most high price edge in the coming days the safety of the bitcoin is easier than the bitcoin because you can keep your bitcoin in your hardware wallet buy you cannot keep the gold with you so bitcoin is better than gold now even in price.
According to me it is very sure that bitcoin will defeat gold some day and it is almost done according to me. Bitcoin price is higher than the gold it is more expensive now. Bitcoin will grow more as the time passing. But comparing these two investments is not good I think because gold is also not so bad to invest but it is a bit difficult to keep it safe as compare to bitcoin so security could be the issue in gold.
I have pretty same opinion that it is quite nonsense to compare gold and bitcoins since both are different in nature and functions. Bitcoins have indeed a very clear edge over gold and many people prefer now bitcoins over gold for the same reason you have explained i.e. the price factor.
0x6A

Activity: 184

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 12:57:47 PM

People really never check facts do they? Bitcoin could surely take over Gold in the future, but that will take a long time. We didn't even start yet.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:20:03 PM

I think a 1 single Gold is still much more valuable than 1 single Bitcoin but maybe in terms of the growth through the years the real winner is Bitcoin and no doubt about that because Bitcoin is not yet 10 years in existence.

As Gold is tangible while Bitcoin is not it is in different league but with a certain amount of value you can differentiate them but please never compare them and tell that Bitcoin defeated gold.

Gold has been on the earth since dark ages and the use has gone wild by now that why it is having that much value. But just look at the bitcoin, it not even full grown child and it has got the value competing to gold. This could not be achieved with any other asset and ven if you try to create one another it will fail to do so.

Yeah I know there is no comparison should be done with these two assets which are completely different in nature. One is gold, a precious metal and another is bitcoin which is virtual and bunch of codes over the blockchain. But still we can see the power of advancement and choice of people to invest money. That's for sure digital one and with the advancement it will increase more.

Yes I agree with you that gold has its own value and the people most believe in bold because it is a tangible thing and is usable for a long time. On the other hand bitcoin is a new thing and most of the people do not still believe in it, and avoid themselves from investing in it.

I think if bitcoin overcome all the currencies of the world, the gold will still be there in the market and will remain forever.
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:57:30 PM

Maybe sooner,bitcoin will defeated gold value,this is my opinion.the only things bitcoin is greater than gold is that bitcoin can use in stock exchange while you cannot barter  gold in the market.bitcoin is visible and you can carry it anytime in your wallet, whenever you wer go, while you cannot carry gold anytime in your pocket because its huge.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:02:36 AM

Bitcoin may be worth more than gold currently, but I believe gold will eventually rise higher as well. Gold has over 10,000 years of history backing it, it isn't going anywhere.
The price of gold is being suppressed by paper gold, at some point in the future when people are no longer fine with accepting paper gold and want the real thing the value of gold is going to skyrocket and when that happens people will wish that they held gold as well, at least we have bitcoin but many people do not have bitcoin or gold

In fact, it cuts both ways

People (typically, gold bugs) are used to say that paper gold drives the gold prices down, but I somewhat disagree with such opinion. While paper gold certainly makes more room for price manipulation (which I essentially agree with), it also provides liquidity to the market. In other words, without all those gold derivatives sticking around, the gold market would be a lot smaller, and its price in fact might have been lower. Anyway, artificially driving gold prices down may backfire heavily since gold isn't like your Bitcoin, and it has more than enough intrinsic value to support its price on its own

Yaunfitda

Activity: 2828
Merit: 575

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:08:05 AM

Maybe sooner,bitcoin will defeated gold value,this is my opinion.the only things bitcoin is greater than gold is that bitcoin can use in stock exchange while you cannot barter  gold in the market.bitcoin is visible and you can carry it anytime in your wallet, whenever you wer go, while you cannot carry gold anytime in your pocket because its huge.

By now bitcoin has already tripled the price of gold per ounce. But I don't know why people are comparing both of them because it is obvious that gold is physical while bitcoin is not. The only thing that I can think of is that they are good are form of investment portfolio, other than that no point of really comparing them.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:58:55 AM

By now bitcoin has already tripled the price of gold per ounce. But I don't know why people are comparing both of them because it is obvious that gold is physical while bitcoin is not. The only thing that I can think of is that they are good are form of investment portfolio, other than that no point of really comparing them.

Yes people should stop comparing the two because they both have different use in this world. Instead of comparing why not having them both since these two are very good investment.
Despacito

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:03:37 AM

Yes people should stop comparing the two because they both have different use in this world. Instead of comparing why not having them both since these two are very good investment.

Bitcoin defeated the gold by heart but you're also right to say that we shouldn't compare two things since they're totally different financial instruments on the world. They're not similar to each other at least.
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:10:40 AM

I think yes!! Bitcoin defeated the gold because when you are aware the value of bitcoin was over the value of gold today and still increasing. The only  advantage of gold is its value is stable and can predict by the experts  while the value of bitcoin is very volatil and no one can predict. And for thier resources, in bitcoin there's a lot of  sites to mine or to earn it while for gold the reaources of it is disappearing little by little.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
triads

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:45:45 PM

Yes, BTC is triple the price... but it's still less than 1% of the total market cap of Gold.
Price is just an arbitrary number and totally dependent on number of units of the stuff.
Market cap is the appropriate measure of the overall amount of value stored.
henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:32:28 AM

I agree with you that bitcoin has beaten gold, gold lost in price, but I think gold will still be a safe and attractive investment. bitcoin becomes a new choice for investment while gold has always been an investment.
Well now if we look at the price then we will know that bitcoin has more power than Gold the price of the bitcoin is volatile and it is not stable so it is the reason that bitcoin price keep on increasing and soon it will touch the most high price edge in the coming days the safety of the bitcoin is easier than the bitcoin because you can keep your bitcoin in your hardware wallet buy you cannot keep the gold with you so bitcoin is better than gold now even in price.
Lol! You can be right in the regard of stability of the gold but it is not at all leading the market. Many gold investors are turning towards bitcoins just because they have more potential of producing profits than any other commodity at present whether it is gold or diamond. Falling down of prices is essential for going up.
I will agree to what all you have said. I think the way Bitcoin is gaining the attention of so many investors, there is hardly any reason to deny this fact that Bitcoin has no doubt defeated not only gold but almost all other things which were quite precious in the past. The investors are investing their major portion of income in Bitcoin.
vafro

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:33:10 AM

I not fond of comparing the value of gold from bitcoin. Of course they have the very same similarities like shop of price, but I do not consider that value is 1 of the best tool to examine them equally. Gold has been with us for thousands of several years and been used as hedge by a great deal of international locations during hundreds of years. There are no wars that isn't going to included gold as hedge or payments for other nations around the world in exchange of components utilised in war or even food. Even though bitcoin is nevertheless younger and its a virtual currency, and not even acknowledged by a whole lot of nations however. So we do not know how it could be useful in the course of financial collapse or war which gold had already confirmed via time. It really is excellent to see the value of bitcoin is earlier mentioned gold now, but we will not require to examine them. IMHO.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:43:55 AM

There are many aspects in which gold has been defeated by bitcoins and the market of gold is getting destroyed by bitcoins on daily basis.

Many bitcoin investors were previously gold investors and they have left gold for very simple reason and that is its highly stable market price. People want changes on regular basis and they are that why adoring bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: