Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:35:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has defeated gold  (Read 28561 times)
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:50:55 PM

Bitcoin: $1260/BTC
Gold: $1241/xau
Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
Nothin is impossible in this world. As we see bitcoin already beat the gold. Bitcoin is so popular because of its value and it is easy to earn that a gold. That's why many people wants to earn bitcoin rather than gold because in gold it is really hard to earn while in bitcoin you can just earn through online.
Bitcoin is better than gold in many aspects but gold also has its own charms. If I offer you gold today, obviously you won't deny taking it. That means you still value it. However bitcoins surpasses gold in terms of profits and transactions, no doubt.
You are right. We all value gold even in the present day. I think value of gold id there at its own place. The only difference which we are looking today is this that the value of Bitcoin in comparison to that of gold has been increased very much. This is why people are lie more attracted towards Bitcoin.
If we make a comparison of both the assets, we’ll notice that the value of gold has not decreased but the only difference which we’ll notice will be this that the value and market price of Bitcoin has been increased significantly. This is the only reason behind this that so many investors are willing to invest in Bitcoin instead of gold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:07:32 AM

Well, I can not believe that the Bitcoin prices has crossed over gold sooner than I expect. I thought the process would be finished in April. Wow, Bitcoin is truly worth and everyone who has sold their Bitcoin has made a huge mistake. Nothing can stop Bitcoin right now.
I think Bitcoin has a lot more elements than gold, so it's easy to beat bitcoin through gold. When it comes to Bitcoin, people will think about decentralization, account information security, and theft prevention. Besides, we can use it for every transaction around the world with just internet connection. Gold does not do that, it's just stable and it's around the world but it's easy to lose and taxed.
Yes, bitcoin has varied features that are quite promising to profit the users. But gold as a commodity backing always has high secure nature compared to bitcoin. Also gold can be used as a reserve with its long year history. Bitcoin in terms of price as well profiting has defeated gold.
If you want to compare the value of Bitcoin to the value of Gold now, of course Gold is loser with Bitcoin. But remember, Gold has a long time history than Bitcoin many much, from feudal period we had used Gold for keep safe our money, Gold also a precious jewelry Smiley
The use of gold goes way back into the past, even in ancient Egypt gold was used as a currency, it was  not a currency yet because you need it to weight the amount of gold, since coinage was developed much later, but even then ancient Egyptians knew about the value of gold.
triads

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:10:55 AM

For reference, the value of all BTC is still only 1% of the value of all gold reserves...
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 10:55:29 AM

For reference, the value of all BTC is still only 1% of the value of all gold reserves...

Such comparisons are meaningless, by and large

Since only a small part of both assets is being actively traded. And to make any reliable assessments, we should look at figures showing actually traded amounts, not total reserves. Regardless, it looks like only a tiny fraction of gold is present in the gold markets at any specific moment, so the genuine value of Bitcoin could in fact be way higher than the measly 1% of gold value. Apart from that, we should also remember that unlike Bitcoin (which is always present in "person", so to speak), there is plenty of paper gold which severely affects the gold price (and likely in both directions)

Bestwishes745

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:00:24 AM

No no no. That is not how you define a defeat. The price of bitcoin might be high but the gold is still more valuable than bitcoin.
It may be on the same field because both are commodities it is just that bitcoin have a "/" which is a currency. But when you see history gold is like currency before. The value of gold have increased so much. That price doesn't tell everything, it is the usage and the demands of gold that makes it expensive and most of all there are still a lot to be mined unlike bitcoin.
i think in modern time the interest of the people is now converted from bitcoin into gold, therefore i think that bitcoin is no valuable than gold. i am bsure that bitcoin will continue giving profit for along time,  in fact gold is best option for saving money, if a person want to save their money for a long time then he should invest his money in gold as gold has a very stable price and we can expect a very slight change in the price of gold.
I suppose we should not compare bitcoin to gold because gold is tangible and bitcoin is not. Another reason is that we cannot create gold while we can make cryptocurrency anytime that’s why we have altcoins other than bitcoin as means of transactions. The reason why price of bitcoin gets higher than the gold is because it is easier to have bitcoin.
jekanmasin

Activity: 240
Merit: 11

Be Positive Always!

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:01:54 AM

yes it is correct. in price bitcoin has already beat the gold out. But from what more people like is still gold.. almost everybody in this world know gold then bitcoin. that make gold more feymous then bitcoin. Bitcoin can be classify as a rare coin in digital world. that why the price is so high to the moon.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
deejhay

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

for future

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:06:18 PM

Not entirely defeated, bitcoin may surpass gold in value for now but we also know that bitcoin doesnt have a stable price, it may rise or drop depending on the market but on the other hand, gold with its price continue to grow and still more trusted than bitcoin. Bitcoin may phase out, we dont know, but gold will still hold its value.

Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:17:51 PM

Not entirely, I think that even if the price of Gold has been eclipsed by BTC. Gold would always have an advantage over BTC as the value of gold is stable and even if the electronics and internet and digital have broken down gold is still gold, physican and can be sold while BTC relies on this to work and to be able to function.
smith136

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 01:27:23 PM

Not entirely defeated, bitcoin may surpass gold in value for now but we also know that bitcoin doesnt have a stable price, it may rise or drop depending on the market but on the other hand, gold with its price continue to grow and still more trusted than bitcoin. Bitcoin may phase out, we dont know, but gold will still hold its value.
yeah i agree on this one. bitcoin might have a higher value than the gold but still gold is used as reserves by many countries by now. I dont know but for now i think you cant rely solely on bitcoin since its value changes anytime.

osmo

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:32:38 PM

I agree with you that bitcoin has beaten gold, gold lost in price, but I think gold will still be a safe and attractive investment. bitcoin becomes a new choice for investment while gold has always been an investment.

Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 02:53:47 PM

It is really awesome that with just a short span of time bitcoin has already made its way to the top to reach the highest rating mineral in the world which is gold. It is just a proof that bitcoin is really a fast growing currency that has been established in the world. We are still hoping and expecting that this will continuously rise for it to be more beneficial.
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 03:36:36 AM

Not entirely, I think that even if the price of Gold has been eclipsed by BTC. Gold would always have an advantage over BTC as the value of gold is stable and even if the electronics and internet and digital have broken down gold is still gold, physican and can be sold while BTC relies on this to work and to be able to function.
Gold is known and trusted by people, that is the biggest obstacle for bitcoin, gold has been trusted by countless generations as a store of value, and you know that you are going to be able to always buy something of value with it, that is why people despite the existence of bitcoin are still holding their gold.
Irfanmsa

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 04:32:17 AM

called beating not only the comparison of 1 gram of gold and 1 bitcoin in terms of price can beat tapipergerakan gold price was stable unlike the bitcoin always up and down a very significant...
Tubig

Activity: 212

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:04:20 AM

Just compare the total value of all gold in circulation and the total value of all bitcoins in circulation.
You will have your answer.  Smiley
But if gold has scarcity how will it affect its price? We know that gold is in nature, on earths surface, but what if we are out of gold mines?
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:11:07 AM

called beating not only the comparison of 1 gram of gold and 1 bitcoin in terms of price can beat tapipergerakan gold price was stable unlike the bitcoin always up and down a very significant...
Correct its hard to beat the stability of gold value, yeah bitcoin has a huge value right now than gold but it was fluctuating and it has possibility to disappear because it is not legally adopted by many countries and not all the people can used this currency.
These two was good if you invest, gold is for long term with low risk and bitcoin are good in short and long term with higher risk but it can gives you much higher profit than gold.
Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:10:48 AM

This is a unique facts, bitcoin can beat almost all traditional investments including gold, a bitcoin price increase that can reach 100% in a year becomes a very interesting thing than the gold that slow moving.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:28:20 AM

It is really awesome that with just a short span of time bitcoin has already made its way to the top to reach the highest rating mineral in the world which is gold. It is just a proof that bitcoin is really a fast growing currency that has been established in the world. We are still hoping and expecting that this will continuously rise for it to be more beneficial.
There is no doubt that bitcoins are going to rise further in price soon, making all the holders new millionaires of the world. Bitcoins have by clear margin beaten up gold in the race of most expensive investments. Bitcoins are not only currency but a digital mode of investment.
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:44:46 AM

There is no doubt that bitcoins are going to rise further in price soon, making all the holders new millionaires of the world. Bitcoins have by clear margin beaten up gold in the race of most expensive investments. Bitcoins are not only currency but a digital mode of investment.
You're quite right there mate. As of now, Bitcoin has defeated gold in the means of value by beating up the clear margin for gold. Well there's no doubt about it that it will a chance to have so many millionaires around this year since the price of Bitcoin really hit the spot of the moon.
Matcuda

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:53:07 AM

I think that bitcoin can not defeat gold because it's 2 different directions. Gold existed for many years in the physical world, and then in virtual, and bitcoin only recently appeared in the virtual world and not all of them have accepted it.

Punisherx100

Activity: 122
Merit: 23

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:14:51 PM

Yes maybe Bitcoin can't stop now because of it's many users but let's see if it will still be popular in the future. We all know that we are in the digital age and we are engage with different platforms of technology that has internet. In that matter, bitcoin became famous and surely beat gold which happens. In addition, the time comes that gold will be gone because it does not occur continuously.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: